Why do black Americans sound black?

It's something I noticed when I was in the US as well as watching television. Black people in America sound different to white people.

It's weird as fuck. If you were talking to an English guy on the phone you'd have no idea if he was black or white but you can always tell if an American is black or white by the sound of his voice.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

same reason faggots has a faggot lisp

I actually laugh out loud when a black guy raised in a high income, white neighbourhood still says axe.

>Black
>American
Doesn't exist, mate.

Are you saying that somali nigs talk just like English people?

Black people born and raised in the UK tend to sound like any other Brit.

Okay I see. White and black culture in America are still extremely separated generally by choice. I notice that our media heavily portrays blacks as thugs/uneducated ebonics retards. Plus there is a huge discrepancy between inner city schools and the rest of the country. Blacks are so hooked on welfare, crack, and incarcerated by shitty laws like the Clinton crime bill and the general war on drugs that they never make it out. Whites in the south also talk extremely differently too. That makes more sense since our country is large that we have different accents in the north east, midwest, and south. West coast talks pretty similarly to the east coast, but we have some different accents in NYC and Boston. But really go anywhere where there are heavy black populations and they don't want to mix with whites as much as whites don't want to mix with blacks. I'm not sure what the blacks are like in the UK, but here in the south they look literally like baboon Serengeti monkeys.

Ebonics

They don't sound black, they sound like the Irish immigrants who came here in the 1800's.

Except that Irish now sound like everyone else in their region, and blacks still use ebonics and borderline retard language. Why?

Blacks and whites in the south sound almost the same (not just the wiggers). Also:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

Subculture bro.

The Irish integrated. It's easier to do that when you can't be identified as a shitskin.

Blacks sound differently everywhere. You can tell races apart by listening to their voice 99% of the time.

fuck your link, no they don't.

Impossible. Even if they strictly had the same accent (which never happens except from a few posh or adopted Blacks), they do not have the same voice tone.

Also easier when you don't act like a shitskin. No one I grew up with cared about skin color. They creamed over it, because they were "progressive", but nigs were completely unable to integrate. Shoes, TV's, and rims over savings and a good home. Even the wealthy nigs still talked and acted like nigs.

They do guise. Not completely, but it's there. They also like each other way more than you think.

Thicker lips makes talking harder for them, their own language is just clicking noises, not words.

just wait until you hear one of them say libary

Refusal to assimilate to American culture. So they made their own sub culture.

No way, definitely not. Their accents are more similar than blacks to whites, but southern nigs are reprehensible. I was shocked when I finally experienced it for myself. They can barely form sentences, and overall they at least have a southern twang compared to northern nigs.

no they don't, they sound black.

They have been there for 200 years and developed a culture and dialect. English niggers simply took on English culture, but English niggers will in due time build their own dialect and culture

fuck you and again, no they don't. I've lived all up and down the carolinas and you can tell a nigger within the first three words out of his mouth

I've noticed this in GTA Online. You can tell niggers from their voice. I love to trashtalk and insult them so they get mad.

what the fuck are you talking about? Their accent is a hodgepodge of the older Virginia accent that is a mix of West County-Southern English accents of the 17th century mixed with some slightly later N. Irish/border dialect and then with a slight West African substrate. This accent largely originates in the Carolinas.

Black people retain it due to a myriad of reasons outside of areas in which its spoken and additionally assist (country western is doing this too with rural populations) in the influx of Southern speech elements into white lower classes in the Northeast and Midwest

>They can barely form sentences
My grandfather (white as a sheet) had a drawl so thick I always had to spend a few seconds PROCESSING... before I understood him. Once you got into conversation with him it got easier. I lot of people in the south are like that.

Illiteracy caused by slavery gave rise to a new language that permeated black culture and still has its effects today.

You need to visit any southern state and inner city in America. No wait, just turn on the TV and listen to the well to do nignogs. They 100% talk differently from whites.

>If you were talking to an English guy on the phone you'd have no idea if he was black or white
What? British niggers have distinct accent from white bongs. They usually sound like high pitch faggots.

blind A/B faggot
you'll fail

And E-Bonics when on fakebook

In all fairness some well to do white kids I grew up with said axe, excape, and libary. Fucking pathetic, but I made fun of them to no end.

English is a difficult language in comparison to that clicking language in Africa.

>huge discrepancy between inner city schools and the rest of the country
More like niggers just can't behave and learn because they are lesser humans

You're a retard. Have you ever interacted with black people?

It's not true.
They speak at a faster rate and they pronounce certain paired consonants very differently, such as PR and PL.

Are you from around Philadelphia? I've been to Belfast and realized that our general accent around here is largely Northern Irish derived and they speak genuinely awful English there

our/are, inability to distinguish fewer/lesser, etc.

Yes I agree. I think the vast majority are retard level IQ, and some are unfortunate to grow up in that environment and know nothing else. A lot of people in my husband's family are intelligent, but they were caught up in clans, moonshine, drug running, and fighting. He was one of the few that made it out. I think there is a sliver of truth to "bad cycles", but overall whites make their ways out and blacks never do.

>my husband's family
uh oh

No but I've been there many times and the inner cities are a site to see. In Phili they speak northern nigger, in the south they speak southern nigger. Never been to middle America, maybe Colorado counts idk. West coast they are similar to east coast but more disgusting.

Why would a dindu talk the same way as their oppressors. Surely soon progs and feminist will start talking like them as American English is White male patriarchy. .

He's not in contact with those types. The ones we do see are well to do, and it's very few of them.

American black Englishes are dialects of southerner-speak

no they do not, as the other posters have said. they have a distinctive accent, mulattos sometimes sound normal but all the others it's easy to tell.

Low verbal IQ.

they're too busy getting hooked on crack to be hooked on phonics

Britnig here

Can confirm we sound different to natives, even if the accent is exactly the same, our pitch gives it away.

Same reason why fat people sound fat, physical differences

It's hard to tell a black man from a white southerner sometimes

the black american dialect originates in north carolina (or maybe one of the states close by on the east coast) where african slaves were first imported in large numbers. west african languages and culture gradually mixed with english and spread throughout the country. even today, predominantly black towns in that area have a distinct dialect similar to dialects commonly found in poor black neighborhoods across the country.

I've thought the same thing as op. Recently at my job a new black girl started. She dresses well, drives a nice car, even owns a side business. I was gobsmacked when I heard her very professional and pleasant voice say "are you axin me " and ending the dollar amount of the customer order with cent instead of cents. If not for those two specific examples, it would be hard to tell.

>Pretending to be black on Sup Forums

xDDDDDDDD. Nice one m8.

I have heard multiple niggers here refer to shrimp as "scrimps."

When you live in the urban equivelent to a jungle, have giant fat purple lips, are quite literally retarded, have 0 education standard and drop out in middle school to kill whitey with a stolen saturday night special, language generally isn't a priority.

To mispronounce words or not being able to use the right word altogether is a sign of stupidity. Doing it in purpose and being proud of it, is being proud of being seen as stupid and mentally handicapped. Plain and simple.

AAVE is a very normal progression of language. REEE!

"bitch ass nigga, u actin white. i finna beat yo ass"

>thinking they don't exist on Sup Forums
found summer

>tfw people say you sound like a white guy with a cold

A better question is, why do UK niggers act exactly like USA niggers, baggy clothes, rapping, and more.

1. They are mostly far less educated and refined. 2. Segregation

People want to be with their own kind. If that means dressing differently or speaking like a retard to separate yourself from the norm it will happen, "Like deadass B."

USA #1

My northern family is like that too. It's not a southern drawl, they have their own accent. The think is they talk so goddamn fast I still have trouble understanding them sometimes. Some of them practically have their own language. They are somewhat white trash. They where very much white trash when I was younger, and nearly all of them have elevated to good jobs with good homes and good areas. They still love their light beer and ritz though.

Because they're niggers. If you teach an ape how to speak you don't expect them to sound human.

It's not just the accent. Most have deeper voices and even the ones who don't have a certain tone to their voice.

To give dindus credit, They are typically easier to understand than someone from Bawston

Why do anglos typically do well in any land they land on.
Australia had nothing except the missing link to chimps there. In Africa has civilizations of kangz for 1000's of years. Which place is not a shithole?

lmao

The (((media))) portrays blacks as what? kek!

>retard

You answered your own question.

Older Southern American English

It's fewer/less mang. Check yourself. Lesser is an adjective.