TLDR: Black lady at work is the most racist person I've worked with...

TLDR: Black lady at work is the most racist person I've worked with. Constantly unnessessarily bringing up race to "explain things". I'm hesitant to complain to HR despite the fact I have very healthy and productive relationships with other people of color at my job.

She's very passive about it and I'm not sure how to explain it in a complaint. She says I won't understand things because of my background and uses that as a pretense to not explain her rationale. She calls me a 'culture vulture' when I play Hispanic music or rap music. She isolates me from other minority workers by talking about things I "wouldn't understand because I'm not Spanish (she's a dark skinned Caribbean)". She deflects when I call her out on blatant racism when around others and tries to say I'm "baiting" her when in reality the race of people involved Doesn't matter. She constantly asks "what are you" referring to race wheb she meets new people who aren't white. Today she slapped me claiming to be going after a bug and jokingly apologized after my reaction was almost to backhand her.

I have a long positive track record with my boss who is a white lesbian. I overheard the black women talking about me as if I get the easier shifts because I'm white when in reality I've done my dues and she's new to the department. Ideally I'd like to get rid of her because she doesn't pull her fair share of work and has fragmented the work group.

Sorry for the rant but I really want a good angle to go at this at mainly because it's making work annoying. I could easily just go to work do my job and leave but before she came it was actually fun working there

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Today she slapped me claiming to be going after a bug

Naw, that's no accident. Bring that shit to HR

she's flirting with you, you moron.

You just need to endure. Any push back will get you fired, and they will trash your name to any future employer looking for a reference. Fired for racism is a death penalty for your career. She is just enjoying her black privilege. Your only choice is to find a new job before the conspiracy takes you down.

the most racist people i've met are usually black women, so i'm not surprised.

and to accompany that, the least racist people i've met are usually white men.

no. fucking. shit.

>the most intelligent people in the world choose to be non-racist
but Sup Forums told me it's good to be racist. so are white men not that intelligent after all?

what the fuck this is a paradox!

>good to be racist
>racist means whites are the superior race
>whites are the least racist

Don't use the Marxist term, "people of color."

Asians earn more than whites on average. Indian-American families earn six figures a year on average in the US.

It furthers the "white privilege" myth, and pushes a sort of "let's gang up on whitey" way of breaking down race.

Whenever you adopt the system's language, the system wins.

Definitely bring it up with them. You don't have to really push for a punishment or response. Explain that you feel uncomfortable with the way she treats you and explain that while you won't do anything now, if it continues you may leave / take action of sorts. Chances are they will definitely take it in their own hands to do something.
For the time being, carry a voice recorder with you and just record any conversations or interactions you have with her as proof of her attitude. I'm not saying spy on her and try to eavesdrop on her conversation, but mind your own business and don't provoke her. if you catch something particularly spicy, bring it up with HR.

I'm glad you bring this up. I was asking her why she refers to everything as Spanish when they arent from Spain and why she didn't use the term Latin or Hispanic. I also corrected her when she said Mexicans were not white because according to my government papers The box says they are white. What are the best terms to use when filing this complaint? What are some terms to avoid?

>whites are the most altruistic and the most intelligent people
>whites think letting non-whites into their countries is good
>but i think they're wrong about that
so are they not that intelligent or not that altruistic?

Fantastic advice, thanks for that! I thought about the recorder part but I wouldn't want someone doing that to me so I won't do that to her. There have been enough situations where other people Have heard her including an open minded coworker (he's black) whom I bring things up with in private. Problem is how passive she is about it she won't call me a white devil but her actions do. google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/

She say she is talking about your race deragativley with other coworkers and has made the workplace uncomfortable because of her unethical biased acceptance based on race rather than attitude and personality.

As far as what to avoid, you obviously want to avoid using actual racism or anything that can be interpreted as it. As far as writing your complaint, don't use her or her name, just say a certain person has been acting this way and it makes me uncomfortable, could you guys try to stop this from being a thing that the office see's as "okay". Only give the name if they ask.

As far as content, just try to be politically correct enough to have the complaint filed seem professional. Stick to facts, not speculations (like taking a guess at what they're saying in spanish). Just generally be pleasant yet firm, professional and honest and you will appear to be higher on the moral ground. If executed correctly, your years and experience will trump her "muh heritage".
I can understand that. I would resort to that if it escalates as part of what you may do. As far as your coworker, once more don't refer to them by name and just tell them that you and other coworkers have heard this. Make sure not to disclose anyone's names on your side of the fight without asking for their permission first.

Pic unrelated

The assault thing ought to be enough to get her fired, tbqh.

You don't need anything else, that alone is extremely grievous. Just threaten to sue unless they conduct a full investigation. She's creating a hostile work environment.

Maybe make a complaint with the Dept of Labor too.

Fucking grow up and learn to deal with shitty people.

>just take it like a bitch man, otherwise you're not a 'grown up'

Fuck you faggot.

The world isn't your special Happy Place where everyone is nice and pleasant to you. You are the definition of a snowflake.

>She calls me a 'culture vulture' when I play Hispanic music or rap music
I would have just called you a faggot. Or an honorary nigger.

Make sure you use the words "toxic", "alienating" and "divisive" when reporting her. When you point out her racist behaviour to HR, you are pointing it out for those reasons, not because she is racist, get it? Remember, HR loves their buzzwords.

>I also corrected her when she said Mexicans were not white
They're not white though

>tattling because racism

dude do you know where you are rn?

>Yeah user don't be a pussy, take abuse from a negress

Call her a nigger
Also stop playing shitskin music

>being this much of a faggot

Tl.dr but I think I got the gist of this ...
Don't be such a whiney faggot OP. Only faggots would complain to HR . Sort it out yourself and tell that nigger to shut the fuck up.
Tl,dr - Man the fuck up you crybaby bitch.

Then she goes to HR and OP gets fired cause she has oppression points.

Stupid comment but only considering what corporate culture is like in America

Thanks for the trigger words, any others?