When is it worth it?

How can prices be driven down?

>Why is college so damn expensive?
Jews
>When is it worth it?
When the Jew controls everything so a degree is required
>How can prices be driven down?
Less Jews

Doing my masters now at the Technical University in Munich and I get paid 320 Euro per month by the state. I could even do a semester abroad at one of the very expensive universities in the US (also for free and getting paid even more). Good to be a German.

college would be half as expensive if they didn't make you take all of the useless filler classes.

if the governement gives out huge guaranteed student loans, the universities will charge you more because they know you have money.
abolish guaranteed student loans and let the universities compete for students by lowering prices.
Free market motherfuckers

Fucking racist degenerate.

Idk what everyone is talking about, I have federal and cal state grants pay everything for me. I'm a white male too, so you guys are doing it wrong or something,

I have no debt/loans and haven't paid myself for over 2 years. I graduate next year too. I also plan to get my CPA then bail on this state, putting no money back into the state economy that helped me get through school. Get on my level.

But what about all the poor black kids in the ghetto. They'll have no chance

Supply and demand.
A college in high demand can charge more.

In my country it's cheap because only about 10% qualifies.

every university needs some janitors

>only about 10% qualifies.
>WE WUZ WINDMILLS N POLDERS N SHIEEEEET

no srsly how is that even a thing? aren't you guys 1st world? or the standards are just high?

make all classes online. 1 prof can teach millions of student. students who have questions drop out.

Don't American colleges provide scholarships as a form of charity?

The average low IQ nig doesn't have to go to college.
Only the exceptionally bright and hard working should be given the chance of escaping their background.

>liberal breeding grounds leave commies broke and impoverished
what's the problem

When we're about 13 we get divided into 4 different types of schools based on grades and potential.
This way hard working schoolkids don't have to share a class with apes.
And even for the apes this is better.

Only the highest level (about IQ 130+) can go to University.
They can become doctors, scientists, engineers, etc.

The second highest can go to other schools where they'll mostly become office workers.

The lower levels go to different school still, where they lean more manual trades.

How is this not the best system?

Sounds pretty racist, m8. I'm going to let the EU know.

Our Universities are about 98% white with the rest mostly East Asian.
If that's what you mean, yes.

But that's the beauty: anyone gets equal opportunity to qualify regardless of race, only intelligence and dedication counts.

But how are you paying for the historic oppression of non-CIS personhoods and those of color?

Unlike you, we never oppressed them.

Nupol

Are you a white male?

jews have made student loans you cant bankrupt out of and hand them out to 18 year old retards with no qualifications at all.

They know how much money is being lent to students. Surprise, surprise, that's what the price of tuition magically rises to.

It's harder for prices to fall on their own though, even when their customers start having less money on hand to spend. So much fixed cost structures get built assuming that all their customers will have the larger amount of money in perpetuity.

Generally what happens is whole enterprises go bust and new ones take their place, and the first thing they ask is "how much money do our customers have" and surprise, surprise they adjust their prices to reflect that.

Ain't crapitalism just fun?

If it's so expensive then don't go. The prices should lower.

ayo das rayciss

Yes.

But the Dutch were traders, not slave keepers.
We feel zero guilt towards non-whites from our former colonies.

Unless you did very well on your entrance exams, I mean like 90th percentile or better - don't go, especially if it means going into debt.

Stay. Out. Of. Debt. That's all you have to do in this era. Just stay away from it and you win.

Stafford loans are subsidized and the most you can get without your parents cosigning is 6k a year.

Tuition isn't that expensive. Even at the most expensive state colleges, four years if tuition is only 35k. Stop taking out student loans for living expenses.

That's great, but I kind of feel it may be inefficient in the long run.

Top notch students should get payed, no doubt - but everyone? Just imagine how much taxpayer money is thrown at mediocre, unambitious potheads and losers.

The benefits should be selective, with the best getting them, and the average needing to chip in on their own.

>universities compete for students by lowering prices

Hahahaha this is the dumbest shit I've read today. Competition between universities isn't Bertrand in the least, and it's extremely imperfect, but I don't figure someone who unironically types 'free market motherfuckers' to know the difference.

I don't understand why it's even legal to lend college loans. I mean isn't it pretty obvious that many of them will have to default on their loans at some point?

I mean considering that you can use loans, and that you get a good job right after college (under the condition that you actually got a useful degree and weren't a retarded liberal arts/burger flipper graduate), it's not that much of an issue since you can easily pay the loans off after some years?

This.
>Jew deans/college presidents drive tuition up to fund more sports-related expenditures.
>Jew SJWs in the faculty push for "Rape Culture Awareness 101" style filler classes.
>Jew CEOs/Managers make absurd requirements for job postings, and then offshore to Bangladesh anyway because they're cheap

>and the most you can get without your parents cosigning is 6k a year.
so now the jews have made sure they get their money one way or another.

good one retard.

High demand makes prices soar. In order to push demand, jews give student loans to teeners, these teeners then spend this money in college paying other jews. The system then is complete when the second jews teach students how cool is marxism while they are enslaved to the first ones.

"The Jews" in this situation is your federal government, who loses billions on these loans every year. Just be responsible with your debt. How hard can it be?

fpbp

so now the tax payer is getting fucked too then?

and the university jews come out ahead no matter what, neat.

Join the army, go for "free"

Hold on shills, let me do it for you.
>KEK LOOK AT THIS BOOT LICKER! HE'S DYEING FOR ISRAEL XDDD SEE I SAID IT AGAIN
>D Y I E I N G 4 I S R A E L

Just be responsible with your debt and get a marketable degree. How hard can this be? Your government gives you subsidized loans to attend college, don't blame the government when you make poor choices. In reality, college loans should have 10-15% interest rates to accommodate the default rates. Higher than that if you add in the ability to discharge that debt during bankruptcy.

>fpbp

That's out of state tuition, ole miss is not 20k a year...

no school is as cheap as 20k a year out of state

my school is 16k a year in state, and 40k out of state

Just looked, ole miss in state has tuition of $8,100 a year for undergrad. That's estimated total cost of attendance which includes some dumb shit. Most SEC schools are cheap for in state.

damn wtf

Based on discussions with some American exchange stubdents:
> you pay for 2k+ for stadium that you can't even use if you're not athlete
> your uni hires some prof's favourite student to a worthless admimistration position
> every single uni has to have every single faculty with every sibgle piece of equipment instead of co-operation between different unis
> you've profs making almost hundread thousands dollars for something which would be considered part time teaching in Europe
> it's easy to milk gender study retards who dob't even realise they're being 'scammed'

Just my two cents

What state are you in? Most state tuitions are under 10k. It's when they throw in the $1,000 a month "room and board" that things get expensive. There's no reason you can't find an apartment with a few roommates for less than 400 a month, including utilities. Work part time to at least pay your living expenses, and you should graduate with less than 40k in debt.

Yea this is a big part of it, the ole miss breakdown had almost $5k included for "travel/personal"... like nigga please, no 19 year old is spending that on travel. A huge part of the people complaining about debt is that they go to some small out of state school that costs $50k a year instead of just going to their local in state school. I'm lucky enough to have my parents pay for mine, but it was still really cheap ($8k a year)

College is a literal scam at this point

I worked and saved up a bunch of money and blew it on college. Literally the dumbest fucking waste of money I've ever spent in my life.

Have you ever heard of indonesia, faggot?

>it's easy to pay off a 50k+ loan

Lmao I would probably have saved $20k if I didn't like to go out to bars.... I do though so oh well lol

>Why is college so damn expensive?
low enrollment growth, government subsidized student loans, low competition
>How can prices be driven down?
end government subsidized student loans
colleges should grow enrollment and compete like regular businesses do.

The aim of a college should be to grow revenue and profit. Good colleges, like harvard, should grow and accept as many students as possible.

Supply growth, competition, and innovation, will bring prices down.

Nationalizing all colleges

Education is free and thats it, state regulates price.

just shut the fuck up you stupid fuckin german

Give teachers incentive pay and such, make the education free for everyone, 1 house free for everyone, free healthcare and thats it.

Shelter, food, family, education, healthcare ard the standards, eliminate ground rent.

You Joking or just a fag?

Fun fact: the cheapest college on the list, Grove City, doesn't accept any federal loans (so that they don't have to worry about the feds pushing jewish SJW bullshit on them) and runs the college with the goal of being as affordable as possible.

It's also an apologetically conservative christian college as opposed to a secular liberal college like most.

Consider your almonds activated.

College is expensive because it is a straight up racket.

>College debt cannot be forgiven through bankruptcy.
>banks profit from college enrollment
>banks underwrite insurance
>insurance covers businesses
>businesses employ people
>but businesses cannot get insurance if people arent credentialed
>banks wont underwrite policies for business with uncredentialed employees
>only credentialing agencies are schools
>bank, insurance, lawyers and every pther fuck lobbies for laws requiring credentialing to cut hair, apply make-up, mop floors, push vegetables down halls, change diapers

It is a fucking racket. Price will never go down until the whole thing collapses.