What are your thoughts on modern art?

What are your thoughts on modern art?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/culture/story/20161004-was-modern-art-a-weapon-of-the-cia
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/pineapple-art-exhibition-scotland-robert-gordon-university-ruairi-gray-lloyd-jack-a7723516.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_(chimpanzee)
discord.gg/mREbnqv
youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More like belongs in the trash.

It's CIA tomfoolery.

>bbc.com/culture/story/20161004-was-modern-art-a-weapon-of-the-cia

there are good and there are bad.

>A bunch of rectangles

ART!!!

Modern art predates the 1940's though.

not just any rectangles FAGET.

Its ok.
The 50s Atomic art of the 1950s is pretty good.

Some are quite nice and some i dont get at all.

Wasily Kandinsky

I see a Pony with a brain slug attached. Was i right?

Some is great like pic related when it uses new techniques to create pictures of time-honored themes but modern art that fails to use imagery to adequately explain the themes of the painting ultimately fails.

it's horserider i quess.

I really like Kandinsky

This kind of faggotry i dont really like.
I bet everyone of them is like wtf am i looking at, but they all pretend that they appreciate the "art" to seem sophisticated.

>This is what (((ART))) majors go to college for

Hey this is not art! I bet that sneaky jew stole the design from my shower curtain.

Do asians understand modern art?

of course

Yeah, thats not art. Thats fucking primitive.
This is what arts supposed to be:

that is a joke to asians...you know their eyes and those glasses, get it?

I like this but is it really modern art. Seems more like impressionism.

that is not art.

degenerate joo bullshit

that's not particularly modern art

this

it is pretty bad overall though

At this point even pajeet literally shitting in the streets is art.

Modern art is great

We re in the post modern stage now

Yeah i dont really want to educate myself on how art is defined into -isms... But i could not stop myself from googling it:
"What is Modern art? Today, most agree that it refers to works made from the rise of Impressionism (1880s) until roughly the 1960s."

Guess it can be both.

Art critics are fucking retarded.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/news/pineapple-art-exhibition-scotland-robert-gordon-university-ruairi-gray-lloyd-jack-a7723516.html

What is it then?

some good some bad, it's a broad spectrum.

It's used to launder money, why do you think so many politicians and rich people are into art nowadays?

Source?

it's like landscape photograph.

Dont worry Pajeet has found his way into the art gallery

Started out as a money laundering sham by new york mobsters but got absorbed by the CIA to fund dicking around in third world shitholes. Later, cocaine importing proved to be a more reliable source of cash flow. Nowadays it's feigned pretentiousness has been readily accepted by rich buyers and has simply become a masturbatory circle of people collecting trash for millions.

this art shows that niggers are superior race.

I know I know dear user

jeremy mann, american artist

Do you think vincent van gogh and paul gauguin were money laundering for new york mobsters ?

I like it but I do agree its sometimes hard to determine when someone has talent or not

pic related is one of my favorites

By the way, this picture was made by a chimpanzee.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_(chimpanzee)

yes. and CIA invented van gogh art.

It looks like white people beating up monkey's

Suburban and rural retards will never understand the beauty in modern art

The good stuff is good and the bad stuff is bad. Imagine that.

>a masturbatory circle of people collecting trash for millions

>actually looking like something
not art

Some is good, some is bad. It has to come from the heart.
>Be Jackson Pollack
>Be fucking crazy
>Be an alcoholic
>Start splattering paint all over the canvas in a fit of rage
>Not for art, but because you felt like it
>Said splatter-fest is now hanging in the MoMA
That would be legit modern art.

It's what people make of it. Technically everything is art as long as the majority gives it value.

Pretty talented painters those CIA guys huh.

In my ignorant opinion, I have to say that modern art is the most subjective of all, because it's about of what it produces simply to you, what can you see and reveal after looking trough your own eyes. It can either transmit to you nothing or, by the contrary, feel like something very expressive and intimate

For example, the ''realistic'' pinture is completely objective. It doesn't matter if someone does not like a concrete piece of art, you can't not say ''it aesthetically sucks ''

Modern art is usually nothing more than the practice of mind projection masquerading as profound subtlety. It's art of the lowest grade.

In other words, it's shit.

when will people understand that the bad art are post-modern. modern art is cool

ill honor you with the esteemed fpbp because it seems no one else in this trash thread full of fucking mongoloid shit humor taste retards will.

i always wondered how this scam works, tell me concrete how it works

Anyone else see the klansmen beating a black guy in OPs picture.

Post best modern art

this is pretty silly since there are tons of books on how to draw from models. and how to learn to draw, its even on the internet. its not like its a lost knowledge lol. i call bullshit

First go get a roll of tinfoil & fashion it into a hat shape.

IMO it's purely about aesthetic. Deeper meanings are either subjective or non-existant.

>or example, the ''realistic'' pinture is completely objective.
I disagree. People have widely varying preferences when it comes to reality. Realistic depictions always combine elements the artist is fond of rather than just blatantly depticting something.

I blame the impressionist they started the downward spiral of art.

delet this

Degenerate money laundering scheme

The painting from where impressionism got it's name, impression sunrise.

I had an idea for a coceptual performance art project earlier today. On many college campus affirmative consent must be given before any escalation in a sexual act. A video of some disgusting sex act described by the affirmative consent being granted. Basically a narration of sex act. I bet i could get a grant for this.

conceptual art sucks ass.

Art jumped the shark when photography was perfected.

I agree

Contemporary art is trash.

I personally wouldnt even consider it art. However, trolling conceptual art could be very beautiful and rewarding to the viewer.

The fact that it's virtually impossible to differentiate between sincere & insincere conceptual art means you stand a good chance of success.

My wife is into art and watched a 2 hr video of Maria Abramavic (spirit cooking bitch) sitting in a chair staring at different people sitting in front of her for 5 minutes at a time. The video was absolute cringe worthy shit but my trolling of it was comedy gold. My wife was pissed off at me for days but it was worth it.

leftypol discord -> discord.gg/mREbnqv

Make sure it contains menstrual blood & urine, the grosser it is the more important they'll think it is, those seem to be the rules.

Thats what im screaming bruh. Faggoty art dollars buy just as much beer as my blue collar work dollars.

>Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts (artworks), expressing the author's imaginative or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power.

If it lacks aesthetics or emotionally affects you then it is not art.

Is this modern art?

>Afremov
Don't post his works in a thread like this.

thats significantly better than most modern 'art' , at least it isn't a sculpture of a dick or menstrual blood painting.

I like a lot of it.

It's part of why I like Sup Forums so much.

I saw a picture last week at an art exhibit where somebody lost their eyeglasses next to the gallery wall and people were taking pictures of the eyeglasses like it was the mona lisa.

>Modern art
Depraved Jew "art", also a method for money laundering as.

Also this

I unironically enjoy performance art.

youtube.com/watch?v=jjPQ_jVlEnQ

too bad the VA fucking died lol

money laundering

How does he keep getting away with ?

There has always been and still is today truly great and inspired works of art and there has always been and of course still is today not great and not inspiring 'art' and its all the same to wealthy people looking to hedge against inflation and its why there are museums filled with paint smears and and at the same time not particularly inspiring pictures of people sitting on horses

What we cant do is anything about this business of wealthy people and their investments if they want to spend 5 million on jackson pollock's paint drippings there isnt really anything you can do about it. All you can do is seek out the true works of art and truly cherish them for their beauty and what not.

Modern art is jewish bullshit.
All it is, is literally "abstract thinking". As if thinking or reading is hard. If your drawing or painting didn't take the sweat of your brow or somewhat has angered you along the way to excellence, then fug off