Why does the right hate atheists?

I understand a lot of us are obnoxious but why else?

Because having illogical arguments, inconsistencies, irrational choices and a lack of knowledge about the book they worship hurts them on a deep level because it undermines their identity.

Smugness, nothing says smug like someone reminding you that they don't believe in anything. It gives off a Holier-than-thou kinda feel. Same reason people don't like Vegans.

Because evil is perfectly rational.

I get what you mean but people of all ideologies can be smug, religious people literally believe they are Holier-than-thou. Surely thinking you have knowledge that others don't/can't have access to is as bigoted as it gets.

Our universe has a beginning and an end. It's almost like a lifeform. Are eternity and infinity real? I want to believe so, and that means I have to believe in an ominpotent father as well.

Japan is 95% atheist, lowest crime rate on Earth...next.

because you think you know everything and are assholes about it. also you tend to be communists.

The Japanese religion is Shintoism, buckaroo.

95% identify as irreligious

Because most of you soft cunts are pro-islam, or you at least defend them all while crying about Christianity.

The country with the lowest crime rate is Switzerland, one of the oldest and most prominent Christian nations.

Good Goyim, the atheists are the root cause of communism and not simply useful idiots.

I am an agnostic (with theist leanings) but I despise Atheism because I believe it's one of the root causes of the downfall of the West.

God - specifically the Christian (and Jewish) God - is the foundation of Western culture. Morality and social norm are rooted in religious beliefs. If you take that away our whole system of beliefs will collapse. And it's happening right now.

Huge irony there, religious people are the ones who claim to know everything. Atheism isn't a political belief, but yeah loud liberal atheists on twitter don't represent the majority.

sauce

They are also high IQ, have a weird shame culture, and are greatly tempered from their imperial days.

But anyway, he said evil is rational, not that atheism makes you evil.

I think you're both equally dumb faggots. How about that? They're dumb sand niggers, and you're dumb white trash.

>I believe it's one of the root causes of the downfall of the West.

It isn't. Not anymore than dumb christfags. The fall of the west has nothing to do with atheism. I believe in strong personal morals while not believing in sky dad.

I agree with you here, Christians do seem to be the main target which isn't right. Popular atheists aren't brave enough a lot of the time.

atheists assume everyone who doesn't agree with them is religious. i just don't know. even atheists have to admit that no one knows how the universe works.

They're the main target of left leaning atheists. Ring wing atheists hate all dumb faggots with imaginary friends equally. That you're less violent is a bonus, but you're still fucking retarded.

It really has very little to do with bravery in this instance and more to do with the fact that muslims aren't that common in many areas of the US. Christians are.

Agreed.

Your morals are based on sky daddy's teachings, dumb burger. You're literally dumber than a leaf.

Remove God and you remove the importance of man. Your principles and ideals become meaningless chemistry in chaotic flux. Fuck off

this. atheists also suffer from liberalism which causes them to have to grapple with multiple paradoxes which forces them to resort to personal attacks.

Because they think most arguments for atheism are strong, when in reality there are only like three that seem strong. They were all also developed in ancient Greece, and not by Richard Fuckins.

Not knowing is the not the same thing as all things being equally probable you dumb faggot. The proposition that god exists because we don't know for sure what the origins of the universe are is logically retarded. I could use the same logic to propose that my asshole is god.

I hope it is true, therefore it is. All religion nicely summarised by yourself.

Because your opinions attack their values.

Maintaining shibboleths is the only purpose of organized religion.

>Your morals are based on sky daddy's teachings, dumb burger.

Except they aren't. Christianity doesn't have some kind of copyright on morality you stupid fucking faggot. OH WOW I BET CHRISTIANS WERE LITERALLY THE FIRST PEOPLE EVER TO THINK OF BEING KIND TO THEIR NEIGHBORS! HURRRR

This is why I hate religious fags.

Impiety is immoral. It's a sin. Atheism is nothing more than an intellectualization of the sin of impiety, much like how sodomites seek to justify their sins with the ideology of "born that way" and rainbow flags and other such nonsense. What's more, impiety is a gateway sin. The cause of impiety is hubris, also known as superbia or pride. ("I'm so much smarter and more knowledgeable and better than all those stupid peasants who believe in God. I'm too good for God!"). Hubris is the mother of all sins, but impiety is what gives you a reprobate mind and prelest. A reprobate mind subject to prelest means that your spirit is abandoned by God and your thinking is given over completely to Satan. This causes you to seek out sins that aren't even easy or convenient. This is why atheism eventually leads invariably to disgusting sexual fetishes or insane heresies (usually secular or political in nature, such as Marxism or Objectivism). My mother who raised my siblings and I atheist went insane. I've also watched my brother spiral into the sodomite lifestyle and my sister grow into a childless Marxist and eventual prostitute. I'm against atheism because atheism is in itself evil but also because it leads to other evils. I think someone who is publicly atheist and promotes those views especially in a blasphemous way should be subject to criminal prosecution by a court of law. I hope this explains my position.

i am a nietzschist-atheist with leanings toward ambivalent bigotry and half-assumptive theism given probable cause and relativistic reasonings ama let's have a discussion

It is one of the core parts of communism fucker.

Fuck you and your hedonism.

What with the Overton Window moved so far over, My centrist ass is "far right" and I'm an atheist.

There is no reason for an atheist to heed laws based on religion. This pisses them off to no end. Especially considering their biggest fantasy is turning their nations into Christian theocratic shit holes where "god did it" is taught in class rooms and people are stuck in shitty marriages.

>tfw moral behavior is a product of evolution based on thousands of years of skydaddy scriptures

It's amazing humans managed to dominate the planet for a mere 150,000 years before Yahweh gave us these morals (Although Hinduism beat him to it)

It's like you guys have never met a smug, holier-than-thou Christian before.

Sound or not, your expression of pride is meaningless. Your emotions are an illusion; consciousness an evolutionary byproduct governed by unguided and purposeless "laws". Your utterly hopless human mind is a battlefield of impulses that can never truly be harmonized within a rational order, thus entailing a deep and irresolvable tension within your existence that must simply be accepted with grim resignation. Embrace the congenial company of the herd or find God.

Only because most of your people are fucking retards.

It would be more accurate to say that skydaddy scriptures are a product of thousands of years of evolved moral behavior. Religion didn't spawn morality, morality spawned religion.

Nietzsche was an egoist and mad Dionysian spiritualist fascinated with Zoroastrianism and old mythologies. Not an atheist. An anti-Christian.

lol, care to elaborate on what meaningless chemistry in chaotic flux means?

It's almost like you're trying to be as hypocritical as possible, if you are you're doing well.

Well said Japa. God bless

He was an imperfect human, I don't feel the need to worship any man. He was an atheist however.

Japan is a very, very religious country. Japanese religion is just different from what you understand religion to be.

The Japanese follow the Buddhist and Shinto moral codes to a fault, and still revere the kami even though most don't believe in them literally. You just don't understand that atheism here means something different than in the West, where it is basically just another Christian heresy that retained the exclusivism and triumphalism and reflexivity of Christianity but stripped of all meaning and value and frankly worth.

>Atheism is wrong because it's forbidden by my particular scripture
And you're surprised some atheists are smug?

I don't, just the ones that don't shut the fuck up about it. You don't believe in god, fine! Who fucking cares.

The Jewish God is money. Read the Bible.

Natural selection spawned both, a way of understanding social behaviour and a way of normalising social behaviour across groups and enabling cooperation.

They're okay with throwing tradition in the flames without compunction or putting any thought into it, all in the name of making their ultra-rational materialist view of the world comport with their cocksure conception of how humanity ought to be. They never consider what purposes such tradition may serve nor the myriad benefits from such cohesiveness and ritual.

But most of all, they shirk the underlying dogma of religion without realizing that they too have Gods (e.g. Dawkins and Harris), they too have rituals and traditions, and they too advance their morality as any other tribe. The refuse to confront human behavior a la tribalism and instead choose to lambaste the low hanging fruit of dogma. They're almost invariably sanctimonious leftists for whom maintaining membership in the uber-progressive club is of utmost importance. In other words, they're just as religious as any other Western group of people, they just circuitously overlook this behavior because it's uncomfortable to think about.

Nietzsche is a bad example, however. Nietzsche, while certainly a critic of dogma, didn't celebrate the death of God, he mourned it. It's why he spent his life's work trying to remedy a potential Western crisis: Nihilism and decadence in the absence of truth to power. The condition of degeneracy we see in the West now is pretty much what he predicted, though he likely had a different idea of what true decadence was (after all, he praised degenerate Apollonian conventions).

>Hypocritical
That usually a common trait among you faggots when someone points out the flaws in your ideology or whatever the fuck you atheists call it.

Reason I've been given:
1) Go on bout it too much
2) Act Holier than thou
3) believe we know it all

Almost a perfect description of the traditional Christian.

1200, Christian majority
>Torture and burn non-believers at the stake
2017, Christians on the back foot
>"You don't believe in god, fine! Who fucking cares."

Why are you making Atheism out to be a belief system?

Right but the main problem comes in in trying to justify Christianity's superiority by saying "it's legit because it's real, sky dad is real and my religion is the right one"

If Christians tried to sell their morality as a superior set of morals to follow, it would be one thing. Trying to sell the sky dad meme is not going to work on anyone that isn't retarded, and it undermines the entire thing if their whole goal is to try and get people to adhere to these morals(protip: Christians don't even adhere to their own set of morals, and they all have different ideas about what is ideal anyways).

Scientistic atheism leads to intertheoretic reductions, id est; Bio can be reduced to chemistry, chemistry reduced to physics, physics to QM etc. down to mathematics. Just on the level of physics, we observe what appears to be unguided, random and from a "scientistic" perspective, completely purposeless. Chaotic flux is a simplification.

>Because they think most arguments for atheism are strong, when in reality there are only like three that seem strong

The arguments for atheism have been strong and numerous with each new century of events and discovery. It is the Christians who have had to constantly adapt their thinking, beliefs, and interpretations with each new scientific advancement. And if all else fails they shoo away the evidence, because the human ego (identity) is as fragile as it is fluid.

Don't cut yourself on the edge, bucko.

They know the fairy tale isn't real but they like the culture behind it.

cheers m8

I'm a conservative atheist, I don't need a magical book to tell me the benefits of conservatism, they are self evident. Get on my level.

You've assumed there must be a meaning and have used your baseless assumption to prove itself. We're not as important as we think we are.

ALL scriptures from every religion the world over condemn impiety. So do ALL oral traditions from cultures that never had writing. Impiety is universally despised among the writings of the wise ancients. Even Socrates who was falsely condemned to death for atheism drank his poison while condemning impiety. As an atheist you aren't just cut off from the Christian tradition. You've cut yourself off from the human tradition. You've stepped into the void.

>But most of all, they shirk the underlying dogma of religion without realizing that they too have Gods (e.g. Dawkins and Harris)

This is stupid. I'm an atheist, and I've never so much listened to a single word either of these people have ever said. I don't even know what they sound like. This is as dumb as saying that Americans worship Trump because they're American. Retarded.

>They never consider what purposes such tradition may serve nor the myriad benefits from such cohesiveness and ritual.

This is moot. I could technically just as easily argue that the Christian system of morals isn't preferable, and that adhering to a weak system simply for the sake of cohesion is a long term error. You don't even try to defend Christianity's model as superior, just that you want everyone to adhere to it for the sake of cohesion. In other words, you're not trying to sell the benefit of such a system, but just want the ants to fall in line. You're asking for something blatantly stupid.

>In other words, they're just as religious as any other Western group of people, they just circuitously overlook this behavior because it's uncomfortable to think about.

Or perhaps it's just easy for you to characterize them this way so that you can be dismissive without directly addressing their arguments. There are plenty of right wing atheists.

Because atheism is just an extension of liberal ideology stemming from the stupid meme that is existentialism
it goes like this
>God isn't real!
>If God isn't real then the morals taught by religion aren't real!
>There's no objective right and wrong!
>Nothing matters!
>I can do whatever I want and stick yogurt up my ass and fuck dogs because there's nothing stopping me!
Which leads to degernerate liberalism.
Existentialism and nihilism are cancers and need to be treated with the cold hard fist of authoritarian moral objectivism.

That's funny, I don't remember physics ever concerning itself with purpose, but with cause. As far as I know, in principle, any experimental result can be deduced from the simple rules of quantum field theory and the principle of least action, so what part of that is not guided?

God-tier

Deists literally think that they know how the Universe was created.

Christians invented science. Every major figure in the history of science is a Christian.

One of three reasons:

1. They hate atheists because of the atheist strawmen arguments they circlejerk too because they've convinced themselves they're real.

2. They hate the obnoxious holier-than-thou atheists that mirror religious zealots.

3. They can't see past their own ideologies and take the "god isn't real" redpill so they're resentful as fuck.

>Jewish God is the foundation of Western culture
really makes you think, huh

>atheists assume everyone who doesn't agree with them is religious

Who told you that?

Then is it true that Christians assume everyone who doesn't agree with them to be a satanist?

So you readily admit the specifics of the 'God' doesn't matter at all. This argument could be used for Thor or Ra.

This is an argument for punishment, not religion.

And they ALL define impiety differently. Not a single one of them is exactly the same, so why yours? More examples of circular logic do not make it not circular.
I haven't cut myself off from anything, I have a strong appreciation for tradition.

bullshit. I don't believe anyone is actually an atheist. In your heart you know the universe didn't create itself from nothing because if you genuinely believe that you'd be too retarded to type properly.

I have no idea how it started, don't claim to. All current religions are laughable though.

me in highschool.
Aristotle and Plato were right. Meaning and direction is unavoidable. The only way to comprehend anything that vaguely represents reason is to concede intrinsic purpose at some point down the empirical ladder.

Because you are a Satanist whether you admit that to yourself or not.

No the specifics of God don't matter. I propose that we replace Deist religion with what the nazis did, where nazism basically became the state religion, and a sort of cult.

>ALL scriptures from every religion the world over condemn impiety.

No fucking shit. Why do you think they do that, genius? Then again I know you're going to give me some stupid religious answer, so I'll just tell you: because they want to shun anyone that doesn't promote their religion, you dumb shit. It would be like if I shamed anyone that didn't buy shitty nigger merchandise from street urchins to be "cheapskates". It doesn't mean anything and only an easily manipulated retard would feel compelled to change their actions based on such simple shaming tactics. "Don't disrespect our religion or you will be of poor moral character. Objectively!" Wowwww.

>wise ancients.

Oh so you're a LARPer. You're David-kun, aren't you?

Well at least you're one step closer to the horrible truth.

>Every major figure in the history of science is a Christian.
Most of them are, but that's because great scientists are white. Hawking is an atheist, Einstein was a Jew. They still are great scientist

it's a weak position that makes you suicide

>yfw most of the autist antisemites on Sup Forums unironically worship an ancient Jewish guy named Jesus

God very likely does not exist and if there is a God, it's Deism at most. Why do I need God to be a moral philosopher? Stealing and killing must be avoided because a civilization cannot stabilize when dishonesty and murder are left unchecked. I think we're going too far by actually accepting the stories of the Bible as truth. Sounds like intellectual dishonesty. Are we not learned men?

Pretty much this.

Morality and social norm are rooted in religious beliefs. If you take that away our whole system of beliefs will collapse.

You can have morality and social norms without religion, though. Also, the collapse is based more on peak oil and the end of a growth economy. Morality and social norms are more affected by this physical predicament than they are a root cause of collapse.

I already know the horrible truth, but I reject it. Just because there is no objective morals, doesn't mean we can't have them.

t. Mahmoud "kuffars remover" ben Mohammed

You're weakly trying to transfer the "not all definitions of god are the same so all must be wrong" to "not all definitions of impiety are the same so all must be wrong" (even though all definitions of impiety ARE the same--lack of reverence for the sacred, regardless of what that sacred object is). This feeble, lazy thinking betrays that your mind is stuck in a rut, unable to even form novel arguments. You're brainwashed. Fuck off.

Lots of social and cultural reasons for organisation and punishment, no one here actually believes in a humanlike God though.

This is definitely a troll. Look at the door frame in the background. No way is he 5'0.

>there is no objective morals

The alleviation of suffering is objectively moral.

It's almost like how atheists try to shame anyone who isn't an atheist through empty insults attacking intellect.

You have no insight.

The modern atheist substitutes his own rationality for the God of older theists.

He has no modesty before his own ignorance.

Nine out of ten atheists are leftists, that's why. I'm an atheist and I honestly would rather live with Christians given the faggotry the left has descended into.

>Nietzsche... Not an atheist.
kek

Oh hello there mr liberal. Sorry but I don't cry over the pain of degenerates.

Because as we all know, right-wingers never display smugness. We are just so high and mighty.