The Young Jerks

Hi pol,

I'm working on a new YouTube channel. I've posted a couple videos here about Bill Nye. I've gotten some feedback that I should expand my focus, I tried to do that by detailing how The Young Turks get some things wrong about Trump, Comey, and Russia.

youtu.be/-a9yzSYDgX8

I'd love some feedback to keep improving.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCp4oMaqaY0hIoT9jafj1g8g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember you, OP. I actually subscribed to your channel. I was wondering if you were going to post it on here. There's a slight glitch in the video. Not sure if it's your mic or editing.

Thanks for subscribing. Unfortunately, it seems to be the editing software I'm using (Lightworks). Every time I export a video it adds an audio defect or two somewhere. Trying to export it successfully is difficult.

the young turds has a better ring to it ^^

Have you tried other software programs for editing? That may be a problem especially if you want to continue doing more videos.

I haven't yet. Although I may try a different one soon. I've also been reading on their forums to see if other people encountered this problem too.

Always an option for a future video. I feel like The Young Turks are a gold mine for this kind of content.

I enjoyed it.

dude...

nice vids keep them shorter and sound a bit more pissed off.. (((remember attention span)))

sorry german and new fag

I'm glad, thanks.

Thanks. I am trying to keep them shorter - my first few attempts were about 20 minutes each, so I've definitely cut down. One thing I noticed while editing Cenk's clips is that his voice is very punctuated, you can make out individual words while looking at the waveform of his audio - and that's not true of my voice. That's definitely something I can improve on too.

use your voice propperly you have a boring way to talk even tho the video is informative it's not entertaining

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any parts of the video that you think I do a good job of using my voice properly in? So I have an example.

>(((remember attention span)))
I understand you're new here but lurk more. You're using those paranethesis wrong.

Watched your entire vid. Will you get rid of the PowerPoint?

Not until I come up with something better to replace it. I don't want to have my face in the video, and I feel like having a few bullet points to focus the conversation is more helpful than an avatar or something like that,

If you have better ideas though, I'm always open to suggestions for improvements.

>I don't want to have my face in the video
You can't grow you channel without doing that though. People WANT to see faces.

Some YouTube channels don't. E.g. Sargon, but agreed, most do.

I can't stand these roaches, ever since they started they used to make click bait titles with actual shitty content.

Someone get this motherfucker a graphics department.

enjoyed the vid even though you're still a faggot.

lets take the part from 2:49 to 3:20... instead of having your powerpoint as the only graphic during that whole segment you could use pictures or clips from something that matches what you are saying. You could even make it entertaining. Example would be how you're talking about Russia... Show a cliche picture or video of Russia. If you're talking about wiretapping show a picture or vid of something relating to that. It would be a good way to move the story along. You could even make it more entertaining in the process.

They definitely seem to have become worse over time. I think at the start they didn't take themselves too seriously.

Thanks for the feedback. Getting better graphics would be a plus, unfortunately, probably not going to happen for a while as graphics are outside of my personal wheelhouse.

That's some good feedback. Thanks, I'll work on that.

Check out this guys channel. It's quite similar to what you're doing. The way he uses pictures and videos to move the story along would help you a lot. You have a good voice and interesting things to say, your only problem is the visuals.

youtube.com/channel/UCp4oMaqaY0hIoT9jafj1g8g

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely check that YouTube channel out.

Shill elsewhere.

Kys faggot. OP is actually contributing to this board. It's better than racemixing/dog eating shit posting by leaves.

Even though it is my own content, I believe it's relevant to politics, and therefore making a single thread about it seems okay to me.

You have zero charisma and sound autistic.

You should make a video about how the left is wrong and hypocritical

>some

They attacked putin saying he's fucking rupert murdochs ex girlfriend. Their source? A british tabloid. No proof. If someone said it, thats their get out of jail card. They're just repeating it. And then use that to attack trump.

They're making shit up entirely.

Practice, practice, practice.

The speech, deliverance, and writing. Also don't skip on the research. We have enough opinion based talking heads.

Hopefully those are skills that can be learned. I've been watching YouTube videos that claim to teach you how to have a "hypnotist's voice" so I hope to improve the quality of my voice over time.

That's a great idea! I'm on it!

It irritates me on a fundamental level that all they do is read headlines from other places, and sometimes excerpts of news articles and pretend to be a news organization. Although, they are hiring reporters now, so maybe they'll get better about that at least.

I'm curious, would you say research needs to be more, less, or about right compared to what it is now?

That solves nothing. Going after specific people and talking points actually has an outcome. Like holding tyt more accountable, and people stop using certain anti trump talking points.

OP I like your videos and have already subscribed but stop advertising.

You're not going to rant on about DA JOOS and racemixing are you?
if the anwer is no you might have found a new subscription ;)

Thanks for liking and subscribing. I post these threads for a few reasons. First, to get feedback. I feel like I've already learned a lot and improved with my first few videos from the comments on these threads. Second, I do also want people to see the videos - and a board to discuss politics is appropriate as my videos also discuss politics.

The rule I follow is that I only post a single thread per video. I'm not here constantly shilling my stuff. I create a video and start a thread to learn how I can do better.

I will eventually stop posting here, when I feel like I've reached a point where I've reached a plateau in my abilities to create videos, or if my content ever seemed like spam. That point is probably a long way off.

I'm not, feel free (and encouraged) to subscribe!

Why not?