NSA IS DUN GOOFD, CYBERHACKERS CALLED FOR REINFORCEMENT. THEY DONE

NSA IS DUN GOOFD, CYBERHACKERS CALLED FOR REINFORCEMENT. THEY DONE.

NSA will be held accountable for their fuck up, not disclosing the vulnerability, creating an exploit for it, which is then later leaked and used in a ransomware program.

hopefully there be a class action law suit against the NSA to pay back the people affected by the virus.

Other urls found in this thread:

thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/europe-attacks.aspx
eff.org/issues/coders/vulnerability-reporting-faq
networkworld.com/article/3118735/security/does-the-nsa-have-a-duty-to-disclose-zero-day-exploits.html
news.com.au/national/crime/the-11-imminent-terror-attacks-australia-narrowly-escaped/news-story/86fc734df0963e21fe038c0eecce7d80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

americans are cucks, they can get butblasted by their government and they'll say they love it, and want they anal area to become wider.

>muhhh second amandmancts

srsly? they have fucking guns they literally could go there and ask for change, but they don't coz they are a bunch of butt plug loving fags

This is the only logical outcome of this hack. Not more gov't oversight, because that is exactly what caused the hack.
So knowing this, I'm wondering if this was perhaps a soft hack using the leaked NSA tools to bring public attn. the the severity of the situation, that went a little off the rails.

>France

stay mad as your country continues to get overrun.
Better just break out that white flag now.

You gave your freedom to twenty different three letter agencies. You ain't no better burger.

you're a cuck, 2nd amendment when?
you have no balls

>Implying they won't get away with it because americunts are the biggest cucks in the world.
>Have the 2nd amendment but do nothing
Might just give away your super duper wepanz cuz you guys are obviously to pussy to use it

>CSEC

and yours is any better?

difference is i dont have to worry about rampant african scum running through my cities building blockades through my streets to not allow police to intervene. or some muzzie scum getting shot by police screaming allah akbar while he bleeds out on the ground, not knowing if hes going to explode or not.

ill take my chances in rural Arkansas.

>difference is i dont have to worry about rampant african scum running through my cities building blockades through my streets
Wat is BLM

The fuck are you on aboot? Can I get a quick rundown, or smoething?

>class action lawsuit against the NSA

Sounds like a great way to have a terabyte of hardcore snuff CP magically show up in your home minutes before the police kick your door in.

>NSA held accountable.
user, the news isnt even talking about it.

NSA is tasked with protecting americans communication and cybersecurity. They found a vulnerability (or perhaps they put a backdoor) in windows, which they exploited. The exploit got leaked and hackers got their hand on it. They used to exploit to create a ransomware which encrypts your files and asks for money to decrypt it. The virus infector almost 5% of the worlds computers in over 100 countries in a few days, shutting down hospitals and yet to be seen if any critical infrastructures are to be hit.

>NSA
These are CIA tools actually.
If anyone is going to answer for this it will be them and let me tell you about the CIA. They don't answer for anything ever. I fucking hate them. You're probably one of them.

BLM is gone. the movement is dead and not relevant anymore. and even if there was another nigger killed in milwaukee or chicago, thats not going to affect me.

less than 2% of the city population i live in is black.

>not backing up important files
Anyone affected by this deserves to lose all their shit. Seriously people, keep backups.

NO, its NSA. It's been taken by the equation group, which is believed to be affiliated with the NSA.

Get your tinfoil hats niggers

>Keep backups
Even then. as long as you constantly monitor your hard drive's health, this isn't a necessity. I've never had and had a backup, had several hard drives start to die on me, but because I'm not a massive retard I could tell when shit was going down and promptly moved everything to a new drive.
Fucking normies.

>over 35 muslim attacks on US soil
no don't worry goyim the NSA have you safe

The Shadow Brokers offered NSA exploits for sale for 1 million.

Nobody paid so they released them for free "in a protest against trump".

Some script kiddies cobbled together (badly) some ransomware from it that automatically scans and exploits.

The fact it spread this far shows people literally don't even give one fourth of a shit about security for important things like hospitals.

Youre retarded and a hdd can crash instsntly with no notice. always back up every 2 weeks

This user is right. They are CIA tools.

thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/europe-attacks.aspx
Arent you guys already overdue for one as it is? i mean its been a month already.

>every two weeks
I back everything important right away onto the USB drive. When the usb drive is full, i back it up to two external drives, delete the file on the usb and computer and repeat

>Have literally had 4 hard drives die and never had to back a thing up
Well actually, you're the retard for not knowing the signs of a dying hard drive, checking for them, and also using shitty cheap drives that die if you do as much as try and write a gb to them.

The fuck are you talking about, look at your picture, it says NSA clearly.

>The fact it spread this far shows people literally don't even give one fourth of a shit about security for important things like hospitals.
security experts have been screaming from the rooftops about this bullshit for decades.

You're the retard, a hard drive head can crash onto the platter with no notice. You could drop your laptop, or even high vibrations can cause this. A component failure or a virus can delete your files permanently.

CIA tools used by NSA faction as false flag to smear their deep state enemies.
>Tinfoil will actually make the mind control rays more effective, like an antenna. Use lead.

Can you sue a firearms manufacturer if Jamal shoots you?

No.

Wow, you must be retarded, no other explanation.

Are there any figures for how many people died because of this? That shit infected hospitals.

Not an argument.
You cannot sue someone for non-disclosure.

Look at what he searched for

There are no laws stipulating that software vulnerabilities that are discovered must be disclosed. Not a single one on the entire planet.

>difference is i dont have to worry about rampant african scum running through my cities building blockades through my streets to not allow police to intervene
Yeah you do.

You can sue someone for being a fucking criminal. The NSA is mandated to protect the americans specifically from such a thing, instead they create exploits which put peoples live in danger. How the fuck is it the same thing as a firearm manufacturer. What a fucking non-argument. It's such a fucking strawman and a bad one on top of that. Which is why I didn't bother respoding with an argument the first time, but obviously you were too god damn retarded to get it, which is the reason of this long ass comment.

That is the fucking job of the NSA. To keep americans safe from exactly such vulnerabilities. I guess there is no laws stipulating that a governmental agency must do its fucking job.

See
You live in a fantasy land if you believe the NSA is obligated to disclose software vulnerabilities. They are not, and nobody else on the planet is.

see

Fantasy land.

See:
eff.org/issues/coders/vulnerability-reporting-faq

come again user??

as i stated before. something that doesnt happen anywhere near me doesnt affect me.

>pic related

You'll never know because
a) it will be extremely difficult to know whether patients died because of their conditions (ie they would have died anyway) or because of the computer issues
b) they wouldn't say anyway because they don't want trust if the health care system to fade

You are on vacation in a foreign nation, when you're suddenly the victim of a cyberattack. Hackers have deleted your birth certificate from public records, and invalidated your electronic passport. Your bank account has been disabled, and your phone has been hacked.

What would be your first step? Keep in mind that you no longer exist, so the embassy can't help you.

>eff.org/issues/coders/vulnerability-reporting-faq
That shit it not the same thing dipshit. One of them is a coder, the other is a governmental agency tasked to specifically disclose such vulnerabilities to protect people. See networkworld.com/article/3118735/security/does-the-nsa-have-a-duty-to-disclose-zero-day-exploits.html

no, but I'm pretty sure you can sue for failing to secure information that can easily be weaponized.
Imagine that, instead of a computer exploit, they would have "lost" the blueprints for a nuclear weapon. Still think they wouldn't be responsible?

4 muslim incidents in 2 months seems worse than niggers throwing a temper tantrum and burning down their own neighborhoods every 8 months to me.

news.com.au/national/crime/the-11-imminent-terror-attacks-australia-narrowly-escaped/news-story/86fc734df0963e21fe038c0eecce7d80

just because they didnt happen, doesnt mean its not a problem.

Marry a nice thai girl and settle down in Thailand.

>almost 5% of the worlds computers
Nigga it only infected like 200k computers, that's not even the 1% of all the active systems.

They'll be fixing that soon, don't worry :^)
Besides, you said
>running through my cities
You're just going to keep running from the problem while saying "well those aren't my cities" despite the fact they're the cities of your country.

>Further, does the NSA have the right to withhold zero-day exploit information from American tech manufacturers such as Cisco, Microsoft and Apple? The rules are still fuzzy. The Obama administration, according to a 2014 New York Times article, has ordered the NSA to disclose security holes it finds in most cases, but these holes can be held in secret if they can be used to serve “a clear national security or law enforcement need.”
>but these holes can be held in secret if they can be used to serve “a clear national security or law enforcement need.”
>pic related

Nice deflecting, we aren't talking about me and my country.

nice hex shitpost, mind if i save it?

Ya do it cunt

Just disclosing the vulnerability. Wouldn't want to get sued by Canada.

>Unfortunately, by withholding this information, the NSA has raised the troubling thought that these zero-day exploits may have been used by America’s adversaries for a similar length of time.

By not disclosing it, not only do they put people at risk, but they put themselves at risk from attacks from adversaries. This is what happened in this case. They didn't do their fucking job which is to protect americans and aerican interests. Obviously you don't fucking get it. The point is not whether they have to report everything, the point is, should they be fucking liable. Got it dipshit? Their actions have consequences, and as governmental agencies, working for the public, they should be held liable for any fuck ups, one of those fuck ups being the non-disclosure of a vulnerabilitie, which ended up being leaked and caused not only financial damage, but possibly cost the lives of people by shutting down hospitals.

Fucking retard.

>:^)

ill tell you what, if some nigger BLM or mudslime wants to come down to the woods of arkansas and try to start trouble, it wont end well for them.

failing to acknowledge you have the exact same problems happening in your country as Europe does is about as deflecting as you'll get.

>but they put themselves at risk from attacks from adversaries

>disclose vulnerability
>everyone now knows about it
>every script kiddie will now attempt to exploit it on systems that can't be patched

>don't disclose vulnerability
>you can use it
>other people who know of it are also unlikely to disclose it, because they probably have a use for it too

You couldn't be more wrong. These agencies rely on these exploits for critical needs.

Here's a scenario:
US receives intel that NK if planning to a per-emptive nuclear strike. This strike is controlled by communication relays on NK computer networks. NSA leverages 0-day vulnerability to gain access to NK computer networks and shut them down, buying enough time for US to act.

In your fantasy land, the NSA would not have this capability and the US would get nuked.

Cyber warfare appears to be beyond your reasoning capacity. You have to have tools like the NSA does to ensure safety. They can be used offensively or defensively.

>thinks disclosing vulnerabilities means telling the whole world
No shithead, disclosing vulnerabilities to the software companies (i.e.: microsoft/apple) so they can patch it. Holy shit, what a fucking retard.

>Not disclosing vulnerability > you can use it
and so can every other person that found it. You think the NSA is the only agency that can find zero days? The chinks re pretty good at it too. You just fucked yourself in the ass by leaving the backdoor wide open for anyone to use it.

>No shithead, disclosing vulnerabilities to the software companies (i.e.: microsoft/apple) so they can patch it.
and the people who receive these patches are not going to figure out what they're attempting to fix, how?

>and so can every other person that found it.
yes, that's the risk, and it's an acceptable one.

>USA discloses it's discovered vulnerabilities
>USA's adversaries do not
Who now has a distinct advantage in cyber warfare?

You're essentially saying the US should not develop competing military technology.

m8 we were talking about your country not mine, stop deflecting.
And to top it all off you're discussing terrorism stats for the country while denying Baltimore chimpouts are bad because it's not your city. Kind of ironic.

>In your fantasy land, the NSA would not have this capability and the US would get nuked.
The only fantasy world is the situation you just described.

The NSA's objective is once again, to protect americans. A nuke from NK is much less likely than one of their exploits being leaked and take out the fucking power grid. They shouldn't be risking peoples lives just to get to keep some way to get into systems. The chinese, russians or any country as a matter would never dare to nuke the US, they know what would happen if they do. Your theoretical situation is never gonna happen. What will happen is people getting their hands on the vulnerabilities and cause serious damage.

Vulnerabilities in systems can never be used defensively. Only offensively, And between being able to defend yourself and prevent an attack, or leave yourself exposed just so you can attack first, you should always chose the defensive approach.

>you should always chose the defensive approach.
if you hack your enemies they win

>yes, that's the risk, and it's an acceptable one
no, its not acceptable, maybe you don't care bu a lot of people do.
If they disclose the vulnerability, they get it patched and they're safe from it. If they leave the vulnerability, they expose themselves to getting hacked. What is the use of being able to hack someone, when you can get hacked back? It's like someone shitting on your bed, and then you take a shit on his, it doesn't change the fact that you got shit on your bed. If you lock the bedroom door, you don't get a bed full of shit.

Great, hack them as much as you want, they;ll hack back and you will be no safer.

OP is right

NSA and the feds opened a pandora box

They put all our nations at risk for the sake of their Orwellian utopia

i never said the baltimore riots werent bad, nor did i say that about any chimpout.
having niggers run up and down the streets attacking innocent whites while they light cars and gas stations on fire, attacking police officers, and shooting at firefighters is something id consider terrorism.
i said having one every 8 months is better than muslim attacks every couple of months. but nice try.

They're probably already breaking enterprise encryption using quantum computers or some shit. They have literally all the resources in the world, backed by the deep state.
We must accept our omniscient CIA overlords and be good goys.

>What would be your first step?
>unknown perpetrators have made a successful cyberattack on governments, banks, travel agencies and phone companies
Yeah, nah. You're fucked.

>no, its not acceptable, maybe you don't care bu a lot of people do.
do you have any idea how common vulnerabilities are? if you want to start hitting people for not immediately disclosing them, you're going to have to start with the entire computer security field. those cunts have instant SYSTEM elevation vulnerabilities pouring out of their ears.

okay, fine. they were going to do that anyway, might as well keep a few tricks on hand for when they get too bold.

This guy is 100% on point. Having these exploits available for use is absolutely necessary. It is something that has been debated in the IT Security community and decided on. What it boils down to is that we trust our government to possess and utilize secret weapons with the accepted risk that if they fall into the wrong hands, they can be used against us. Therefore, we develop strict policy on handling and use of such weapons. When it comes to cyber weapons, criteria are set to ensure that the most effective, but least likely to be discovered by adversaries are withheld to be leveraged as needed.

>t CISSP, Security consultant for 17 years.

>and decided on
we can't even decide on what OS to use!

>Arent you guys already overdue for one as it is? i mean its been a month already.
>hurrdurrrrr you guys tooo
wow so safe many freedom

Well i guess we are overdue, since the last muslim attack was over 7 months ago. my point still stands.