Be me

>be me
>my dad is non-educated(just graduated from shitty national university) and work for reginal government
>his income is below 10,000,000yen(90000dollar) per year. and he is already 50s.
>I may get job at investment bank in tokyo and its salary would be over dad's income during 20s
>dad demand me to come back to shitty small village because it is "tradition" and
>"it is duty to you to inherit lands and family. our family have been living here for over hundreds of years"
>he says "life is not money" because he is fucking loser with no ambition

How should I reply to his bullshit?

depends on how your life will be if you live there with your dad. if he owns land, its cheap to live there and its not overpopulated or stressful i dont see why you wouldnt want to go there. money is important but you have to have a certain kind of personality to be able to work in a crowded city, especially as something so stressful as an investment banker. i would imagine a lot of people break under the stress. Also youll not have to lose your ambitions if you take up the traditions, as your father gets older and weaker you just have to show him that you honor the traditions but that you will also change things to make things less rigid.
unless you hate him and he has made your life pure misery its not a good idea to have a bad relationship with him.
just watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi and then try not to end up like his children

you should not keep yourself from evolving and get stuck on the old, but you should not fail to see what's good in it.

what do you want to do with that money?
and is there any good thing in his traditions?
is life in the countryside all that bad?
what are your goals in life? do you plan to have a family?

can't you just keep the land as a summer residence?
are you his only child?

Live to work. Don't work to live.
It is understandable that you would like to be in Tokyo for a while, but I do not think it is healthy to be there (or in any big city) to live a lifetime. Money does not pay for the health problems (psychological and physical) that can lead to that lifestyle. I'm talking about environmental pollution, stress... Not to mention that high suicide rate you have. I envy people who live in the countryside, frankly.

when your dad says "life is not money", he's right, you know...

Your dad sounds like a bro, one day, probably when it's too late, you will realise how much of a bro your dad is and hate yourself for being such a faggot earlier.

>"it is duty to you to inherit lands and family. our family have been living here for over hundreds of years"
If that's the case than your dad failed by only having one son. Clearly in those centuries there were instances of members of family moving away and it didn't lead to collapse.

Your father is right, he just doesn't want his son to become a mere gear of the jewery machine, money won't buy you anything you can really love, but by your way of thinking, you clearly haven't lean how to love, enjoy a miserable existence for the rest of your life.

I am 100% sure I've read this exact thread almost a year ago, the other guy was a Jap too. Is this a common problems for you bings?

That job is going to make you want to kill your self fyi.

Tell your dad you wanna see how shit city life is.

newfags except maybe can't even into another David-san thread
Nippon's most boring English teacher hits Sup Forums with another variation on his "JAPAN NEEDS 200,000 IMMIGRANTS" threads
instead of immigrants it's "reject your tradition and culture"
kys faggot

No, he's just a shitposter.

I would love to have land and something to do with it. That is true wealth.

MMMMMMOOOOOOODDDDSSSS

Range ban japan from Sup Forums

Ban them to /bant/

Don't do it user.

Despite what people say here. Money is everything. I have lived a poor life and now a rich life and I would pick the rich life every single fucking time.

OP do you have a Line ID? I would gladly help you with this situation using my gaijin charm.

It's just another Korean with a proxy

Kek, top bait

>he says "life is not money"
Sounds like your dad is based and knows what he is talking about. He is absolutely right about that. If you choose to become a soulless machine in a soul crushing job, youve already lost at life.

$90k a year is fucking great.

> Dad earns a wage which puts him in the top .5% of earners in the world, while living a stress free and traditional lifestyle
> He's the idiotic one

Get your Dad to let us know when you die by overworking in Tokyo, retard

Make money, return and gentrify your home or don't. It doesn't really matter desu, it's a very personal decision.

too fucking long to read m8

people's average IQ and education standard is much higher than tokyo than my hometown.

So less stress?

yeah. miserable losers hate money.

being low paid moron is not "bro". It's pure shame

you can buy house, Ferrari, expensive cloth and qt whores.

why not love money?

what do?

being fucking farmer is miserable and let you living in povertly

Reginal

yeah. living in great area, your friends are all educated rich, Ferrari, fancy cloth, A5 kobe beef...etc

this seems more interesting than soil and ton of crops

being farmer is good thing.
OP must be proxy.

regional?

Get a high paying hard job and kill yourself from karoshi. Natural selection.

Still to young too understand anything...

Yes. But don't mind me , i'm just being a bitter asshole because I'm getting mandated for another shit at work , keeping me from my family on Mother's Day. You do you. Be yourself

no problem. I am coming here to practice my english.

thanks.

Your father is a noble man. But you're a scrawny Japanese monkey wishing only money. Die asshole

Not saying you should blindly follow what your father says, but to call him a loser with no ambition is kind of harsh.

If you live in Tokyo (one of the most expensive cities in the world) your salary wouldn't be that much higher given that you also spend X amount more because everything is expensive, nevermind the fact that banks as they are currently just perpetuates a cycle of exploitation and an economic pipe-dream of conjuring worth out of thin air. I'd think you japanese would have more honour than to scam others.

To put it this way: Would you rather:
- Make 150-200k/y
- Work ~50hrs a week
- Spend and exorbitant amount of money on living
- Have a much higher chance of various health-problems later in life because of lifestyle

- Make 50k a year working a standard week, have time for other things (You know, like.. Interests, family..)
- Live on property you inherit and have basically taxes and maintenance as the sole expenses on living
- Fresh air, little to no noise, a healthy place for kids to actually grow up
- Won't get vaporized when NK gets that 1 in a thousand shot.

why are you not posting the whole pasta?
where is the part you sell your 4billion year old dojo?

you are fullon normie and you should continue to be a normie since you are unable to do something else. also suicide is not even possible for you, you are too weak to change your life.

Don't worry about it, man. Take the job and work at a high stress bank until you eventually get wrongfully fired due to your work rivals.

After that (you WILL lose everything), your dad will welcome you with open arms. You will hate working the land at first but then you grow to enjoy it. You rekindle the flames with your high school ex and end up dating.

Start up a small investment bank in your hometown surrounded by your tight knit community and enjoy the rest of your days.

>non-educated
Tell the truth japfag

>over hundreds of years

This isn't long enough.
My family have been living in here since 1,000 years ago.
Even nintendo living in kyoto for 200 years.They are not even considered traditional in Japan.

Your ”story” is fucking fake.

How much land does he own?

He's right. When you grow up a little life is more than just money. Don't be such a materialistic faggot.

>90k/year
>not enough

Kys

>all these idiots responding to pasta

Sage and move on.

you can not buy Ferrari. m8

60% of Sup Forums is similar to your dad (loser, broke, hides behind tradition) so don't expect much sympathy

just remember that human beings aren't crabs and you aren't obligated to make your life shittier just so he doesn't feel bad about his

why would you want a Ferrari in the first place?

Your dad sounds like an awesome man. I'm sad his son is an asshole.

>be 'low paid' moron from ireland
>work in a trade
>have a stress free day every day and do physical work which benefits to my fitness
>make enough money to have an easy life
>never worry about my reputation
>never measure my self worth by how much im paid
>women also love my rough hands

Feel sorry for you, Japancuck.

And what is your life about OP? Money grubing like a Jew? The only reason to do this is to buy power to fend off or destroy the person assaulting your values. I think you just forgot to form your values.

>enjoy spending 1 1/2 hours of your life every day on the JR, staring blankly at your phone as you hit the Yamanote Line in Shinjuku. You get off on a rainy Tokyo day into your salary job where you are herded like the rest of the cattle into your cubicle. Leave before 5pm? Unheard of. What luck you have, you caught a late night special rapid back to your shitty outer Tokyo slum. No one is there to wait for you, just a 8 hour break until you have to get up again to work. You live above an Izakaya, filled with people with family and friends having a good time eating and drinking. You re-watch your favorite hentai and fall asleep.

What an envious life you will have.

He is right. Life is not money.

Dad is right.

Go back to country and figure out what it is he wants. If he wants you to take over the land, find a way to have someone do it in your stead while you go out and get your career.

Listen to your dad
You will not realize this until it is too late but you have the chance of a lifetime right now.
You can get out of the system, live a simple fufilling life but instead you want to work for (((them))) and think that money will solve your problems

I dont want to be a wagecuck and,I would kill to have a chance and a father like yours

Tell him to fuck off and you plan to be a better success than him

You are the idiot, your dad actually is dead on. Sort your shit out you selfish prick, carry on tradition and own your own land, how do you find this bullshit? It's a bargain

i dont understand, just make more money your dad is an idiot who probably doesn't even understand himself let alone your life.

in your short lifetime you have been exposed to about 5 times more information than he has, while he was sitting quietly looking out into a forest or something, you've been bombared 24/7 with information.

the world is: POWER, MONEY, SEX.

these are the only important things, and you need to master them to become the best.