Modern chart music is objectively shit

People are said to have a natural bias towards the genera of music that was popular in their youth, however I think it is fairly safe to say that the music you hear on popular radio stations these days is unequivocally shit. I was stuck in someones car the other day so I was forced to listen to some top 40 crap and it was literally torture. My ears were getting raped by the vile shit that was assaulting them, later on that day I listened to the hits of 1984 and it was like night and day. The music actually had melody and substance, there was genuine talent behind it. Also the themes of the sings were generally uplifting and not totally about "Muh Dik" or some such other crap.

Apart from like an ultrasonic screeching sound or nails going down a blackboard I don't see how music can get any worse at this point. I totally switched off years ago and it is such a liberating feeling to say to yourself "yes this modern (((music))) is objectively shit and I will not listen to it".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8Xi2mAirsPE
youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BcqC8LSoBws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes Jews subverted the (((music industry))) to use it for political gain and to turn music into a consumer product for the idiot masses. Anyone with even a little bit of musical talent knows all of this music is complete nonsense. It's an objective fact that 70s and 80s music was a million times better than what we have now. I have to put up with this shit all day every day at work and 90% of it is nigger jungle music about drugs and bitches. It really pisses me off, sometimes I smash shit at work. (((America))) and (((hollywood))) is the center of all the degeneracy on this planet.

Yeah nova will do that to you. You are right though. I heard this somewhere that explained why a lot of post 2000s music is shit:
In order to find the best songs the radio stations decided to take whatever was most popular on itunes or whatever place you can download songs from that they choose. Teenage girls generally will all download similar songs from a narrow selection that their friends also approve of. Since teenage girls have very little variation in what they download, the narrow set of songs which they do download become very popular. The radio sees that these songs are popular and hence almost exclusively play songs that teenage girls want to hear.

Don't believe me? Turn on KISS, FOX or NOVA right now and tell me it isn't so (or whatever the most popular stations in your area are for non-melbournians).

Using the word 'objectively' to make a judgement about music you don't like.

Grow the fuck up.

>thinking 11 year old girls who listen to contemporary top 40 radio have any contextual or historical knowledge about music to be objective about music

The Beatles pretty much finished off rock/popular music. Anything anyone else does nowadays is in some way a rip off of Beatles work.

You can't really get much better than the Beatles. They were the peak of musical genius and it's sad to see the average IQ in the world drop. We are becoming collectively stupider.

>radio music

of course it's shite

Ye, great bands like Linkin Park are nowhere to be found nowadays

Yeah I made this argument a few days ago and I was told popular culture "has always been bad" and that I'm just another nostalgia faggot even though I'm still in my youth anyway.

No it's objectively worse now. Without a doubt.

[tips fedora]

Triple J - despite some crap that gets blasted after 9pm, is pretty much the best radio station in the world. No excuse to be Australian and listen to anything else.

No shitty produced shit.
No ads for fucking tiles - or any ads for that matter.
Usually 5+ songs in a set without a word from a DJ
Focus on new music, gives you the chance to find songs to download later
Launches songs/bands that get played to death about a year after they JJJ stops playing em.
Science hour.
Everyone acts like they know shit come the hottest 100, you might as well actually listen to it and not sound like a tool every Australia day.

You see, this is very true. I admit I am not particularly a maestro of complex musical theories, however I do have a basic understanding of what makes music good. I am fairly adept in the sense. (And my ears aren't filled with shit, so I can hear pretty easily how bad this music is.) One of the main reasons for the degeneracy of music is mass production, lack of one hit wonders and in general new and blossoming musicians, and the same team of writers keep making songs for many artists, working together to make music simple and appealing to a base of a relatively young group.
In short music is worse because the music industry wantz the mun-eez, and they know how to get the mun-eez.

> screenshoting the post with the pic and using the screenshot only for the pic
>not Just saving the pic.

triple j is alright
but when these beta nu-males come online and always talk about raves here and raves there i lose my fucking mind

so you're saying it's the Jews then

Same applies to books and paintings and videogames

All the good art is already made

Some songs played are alright.
I prefer listening to fresh until they start playing a song with a nigger singing...

If the car has bluetooth I'll be listening to my music or put on headphones if I have them with me.

Currently I'm listening to folk music from my ethnic background...

Also , indie rock by Japanese groups is still pretty good.

>the pillows
>noodles

Commercial formulas on music has ALWAYS been a thing. When something works and get sales, everybody tries to copy it in their own way. Music indurstry=another market. If u have good hearing and an actual criteria u'll find some gems beyond that.

youtu.be/8Xi2mAirsPE

This is very comfy and good sounding. (Start around 7mn)

I was trying to refrain, but yeah. The music industry has gone full jew.

Mate nobody but normie livestock listens to that garbage. Do you know where you are?
Ohhhh.....that reddit spacing......go back

>the beatles
>musical genius
Choose only one

All my friends are beaners and I know,
I'll deport them all to Mexico.
Please don't trust,
Any of the Jews.
You know that,
With them you will lose.

Here is the summary of all rap songs.

Uhuh negro I fuck a bitch
I high on drugs
Fuck the police
Uh unh negro
Dis city dope
I sell drug
Uhuh negro

Yes, and I used to think how degenerate e.g. Spice Girls were... It's like music of the saints compare to what there is today... Have we hit the rock bottom yet? I doubt it...

youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ

Pop music has always been degenerate regardless of era.

>indie rock
It's called alt rock, but yeah it's all great. Melt-Banana's unironically one of the best things to come out of Jap music.
youtube.com/watch?v=BcqC8LSoBws