Reminder that in 1674 women in Britain, with even the support of the king...

Reminder that in 1674 women in Britain, with even the support of the king, attempted to ban coffee houses because men began spending their time discussing important shit like science and philosophy with each other, instead of being at home and listening to them barking orders and nagging them.

Reminder that there has never been a time when women weren't awful. All you tradcons need to read some fucking history and get over your delusions regarding the opposite sex.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b021n60p
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But didn't men also do the same thing at pubs?

>coffee houses
you mean hellfire homosex clubs in disguise?

Kinda hard to discuss science and philosophy seriously when you're shitfaced.

That's why women campained to get the prohibition in action.

Brainlet

>1674
Holy shit. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it.

Coffee houses were relatively new at the time making it easier to vilify, and coffee lowers your sex drive. Women at the time were upset that men spent time with each other instead of having sex with them. Women are biologically predisposed to become control freaks.

it's a little bit harder but certainly doable. Believe me.

I'll post some of what came from these women's movements.

"...our men, who in former Ages were justly esteemed the Ablest Performers in Christendome; But to our unspeakable Grief, we find of late a very sensible Decay of that true Old English Vigor; our Gallants being every way so Frenchified, that they are become meer Cock-sparrows, fluttering things that come on Sa sa, with a world of Fury, but are not able to stand to it, and in the very first Charge fall down flat before us. Never did Men wear greater breeches, or carry less in them of any Mettle whatsoever...

"...we can Attribute to nothing more than the Excessive use of that Newfangled, Abominable, Heathenish Liquor called COFFEE, which Riffling Nature of her Choicest Treasures, and Drying up the Radical Moisture, has so Eunucht our Husbands, and Cripple our more kind Gallants, that they are become as Impotent as Age, and as unfruitful...

"They come from it with nothing moist but their snotty Noses, nothing stiffe but their Joints, nor standing but their Ears: They pretend 'twill keep them Waking, but we find by scurvy Experience, they sleep quietly enough after it."

Good thing they did

You can't build on empire on coffee

The USA

>Good thing they attempted to ban establishments wherein the most prominent English scientists and philosophers such as Isaac Newton had their most crucial discussions

>our Gallants being every way so Frenchified
>Never did Men wear greater breeches, or carry less in them of any Mettle whatsoever
>They pretend 'twill keep them Waking, but we find by scurvy Experience, they sleep quietly enough after it.

This kind of reminds me of the all the women on both the left and the right who complain about "manchildren" playing video games, and wondering where all the "good men" have gone.

>The female fraternity were also worried their men were becoming better gossips than they were, in that - "...they would soon learn to exceed us in Talkativeness: a Quality wherein our Sex has ever Claimed preheminence"

Can I get this translated into American?

Kinda hard to discuss science and philosophy seriously when you're shitfaced.
Had my best philosophical discussions while drunk, for some reason me and some mates tend to go full Socrates after 15 beers. Politics as well.

Do I trust the mick here? I'm pretty sure I do.

The response from the men of London is pretty interesting.

>"...coffee is a harmless and healing Liquor, which Indulgent Providence first sent amongst us, at a time when Brimmers of Rebellion, and Fanatick Zeal had intoxicated the Nation, and we wanted a Drink at once to make us Sober and Merry..."

> They also maintained that Coffee "Collects and settles the Spirits, makes the erection more Vigorous, the Ejaculation more full, adds a spiritualescency to the Sperme, and renders it more firm and suitable to the Gusto of the womb, and proportionate to the ardours and expectation too, of the female Paramour."

>"You may well permit us to talk abroad, for at home we have scarce time to utter a word for the insufferable Din of your ever active Tongues, the Foolish extravagancies of our lives, are infinitly out-done by the wild Frolliques of yours; 'Till Noon you lie a Bed hatching Concupiscence, then having paid your Adorations, to the Ugly Idol in the Glass, you descend to Dinner were you gormondize enough at one Meal to Famish a Town Besiedg'd; after that, you are call'd out by a Cozen, and hurried out in his Honours Coach (whose jogging, serves as a Preparative to your Letchery) away to the Play-house, where a Lascivious Dance, a Bawdy Song, and the Petulant Gallants Tickling of your hand, having made an Insurrection in your Blood, you go to Allay it with an Evenings Exercise at the Tavern, there you spend freely, yet being Rob'd of nothing we can miss, home you come in a Railing humour, and at last give us nothing for Supper but a Butter'd Bun."

>They finish with, "Solomon was in the right, when he told us that the Grave and the Womb were equally Insatiable."

Let's be real though. Like today, there would have been some kind of movement but it would have been galvanised and guided by people who would stand to gain from the coffee trade failing, like people with ties to the tea trade

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

>adds a spiritualescency to the Sperme
yeah, my gf does say it tastes different

Coffee should be banned

more like sports and what country needs to get their ass kicked.

Coffee; absolutely degenerate.

cache niggas ousside da cafe, howbowdat?

This would have been under the rule of Tudors right? I know George of Hanover didn't show up until the 18th century.

Fucking hell the more things change the more they stay the same

absolutely;
>studies show drinking coffee renders you incapable of completing simple tasks, lowers sex drive, etc. etc.

>Tea has demonstrated anti-cancer, anti-AIDS properties in preliminary studies. Further, children who drank tea as children become millionaires (samples children of millionaires at elite boarding schools) while drinking from coffee drinking households were poor in adulthood (finds the poorest dirt farmers in the congo, provides them with coffee, uses their kids as a sample).

*This study paid for by the Tea Growers Association.

Charles II, Stuart.

After my boi, Cromwell.

So SJWs were around back then too huh? …
the more you know

This is about 25 years after the English civil war between Cromwell and King Charles

"Publick" ...... Savages

Savage

British banter seems to be a long standing tradition

By then England was already somewhat feminist. We need to go back to real patriarchy, like in republican Rome.

they barely misspelled some of their words back in the day i notice

Coffee is shit anyways

>By then England was already somewhat feminist
In 1674? When weren't they feminist then?

holy fucking shit what did coffee taste like back then? i'm drinking some now and it must be shit compared to the way it was described back then

No coffee because it makes you uninterested in the harpy you are chained to. No alcohol or aforementioned harpy will harp louder.
>Anglos were a mistake.

Cromwell did nothing wrong

Alcohol is also degenerate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assemblywomen
bro

What the fuck

Before Edward I maybe.

So women fuck the top 20% but complain about the top 80%.

This is why I fuck 19 year olds. They're legal, happy to have a man with a car and money, and will fuck off at 21 to ride the carousel. Just keep doing this until you find one that happens to not want the carousel.
Boom, that's your wife.

Getting married today as a man is dangerous and stupid.

That's a pretty extreme opinion

get a prenup, hide your wealth, don't be an idiot

>inb4 they get thrown out

you cocks always mention this. Just work with your lawyer to make it strong, they're only as strong as the steps you're willing to take to demonstrate she was fully on board with it.

Fucking christ these centuries old bantz

actually Italy and China just got anti-women divorce laws so something must be going right

heard about italy, but not china

based, hope we all go that way.

maybe we can get somethign going like

#heforshewhensheforhe

Bad goyim... you need to serve and worship women. Anyone trying to tell you otherwise is a Jewish shill.

Prenups don't work, you're putting yourself in immense risk for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

This is awesome.

>Reminder that there has never been a time when women weren't awful.
And yet, somehow, they managed to have children and continue building civilization anyway.

>You may well permit us to talk abroad, for at home we have scarce time to utter a word for the insufferable Din of your ever active Tongues

Austria says hi

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

get the fuck outa here

i cant believe this

wtf baka lmao

Men build civilization. Women are just birth givers, which isn't impressive. It's not an accomplishment to give birth, it's a basic biological function which even women in comas have done. Being an overvalued semen recipient doesn't make you a builder of civilization.

rekt

This is why we need to take women out of a position of power. Take away their vote and diversity quotas in the workforce and it will naturally balance out.

Well they did ban alcohol in your country after WWI.

It's called a joke Denmark, you should try them sometime.

The problem is that even if you take away women's power, men will inevitably give them power again eventually. Men just love women too much and are too sentimental to act in a realistic manner.

>Men are sent to die in the millions in war
>can't even drink away their sorrows because women banned it while they were away

> coffee lowers sex drive
What total nonsense kek

Lmao

Reeeee stupid womyn! Let's do ike Elliot and just destroy those good for nothing bitches. I hate wormyn so fucking much too my brother. They always try to tell not to drink soda too, especially who should just shut her ugly bitch mouthand die! Die die die! You brothers understand. Womyn are satan and very witchy.

>Let's do ike Elliot
Elliot killed mostly men tho

It is a biological thing so we reproduce

It's a reproductive strategy which is completely detrimental in modern society and may doom us

His mistake, we willdo it way better kek.

Hilarious. Isn't Spain the country with such a catastrophic low birth rate entirely because of how horribly men are treated? Like, if you're beaten by your woman and you contact the police, you get arrested rather than her? Pretty sure your country is a nightmare as far as gender relations goes.

can somebody explain how they used capital letters back in the day? it doesn't make any sense, what the actual fuck are they doing??

seems its being used to emphasize certain nouns

Is good day for this too, mothers day! Kek. Time to destroy all those dumb bitches! Reeeee!

Thats why we must kill them, replace them with robots now, they never talk to me, so why should i care about their life. Worthlss bitches are satan in disguisee.

>blaming women
>not blaming britcucks

Anglocide when?

yeah clearly but how did they know which ones to capitalize and which ones to not? why is coffee lowercase at one point and uppercase at another?

>Preparative
>Bun
>Bed
>Glass
>etc

why are these capitalized? there must have been a system

Post tits

Go to /s/ not Sup Forums faggot

You want attention right? Post your breasts you nasty slut

I dont have boobs but maybe your tranny dad does. Why you not gtfo you got triggered my friend?

There really weren't any definite rules. Modern rules of grammar are, for the most part, just that. Modern. Before that it was more art than science.

>Men having simple fun
>PFFFF STOP THEM HNNNNNNNNN
>Insult their masculity
>actually request the banning of coffee

Could've fooled me you literal faggot. Stop talking like you suck dicks when you're trying to get attention from fellow men online if you don't want to be mistaken for a woman.

>Reminder that in 1674 women in Britain, with even the support of the king, attempted to ban coffee houses because men began spending their time discussing important shit like science and philosophy with each other, instead of being at home and listening to them barking orders and nagging them.
Yep. The coffee houses is what kickstarted the scientifc progress we all enjoy now.

Fuck off nigger. Go read some Shakespeare.

You stop caring about being wrong/looking like an idiot and engage in more of a dialogue. The other people do this too so no one is trying to show off and fuck each other over like sober discussions for some reason

>our husbands are becoming pussies
>their pants are bigger than ever but their bulges are smaller than ever
>they say it gives them energy but they don't last long at all if you know what I'm saying

In German all nouns are capitalized, English is germanic so it held onto some germanic conventions even as its own language.

it looks like there is a tendency to capitalize nouns and their adjectives. So to emphasize the phrase, I guess? But not always so it looks a lot like when an autist writes and randomly capitalizes things
>CWC

>In German all nouns are capitalized, English is germanic so it held onto some germanic conventions even as its own language.

what?
we were all still using futharc or nothing when Old English physically split from continental Old Saxon/Old Frisian. German spelling and writing conventions are really fairly recent and hadn't even been properly nailed down until the 19th century, with most of the work happening as late as the 16th

By the way. If anyone wants to.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b021n60p
This documentary have a female host bragging about.
Women in Rome giving rights to foreigners and giving them citizenship.
Have women bragging about how Nero's mother helped him get elected. (Nero was a horrible horrible emperor)
Have a women bragging about how a good and virtuous emperor had a slut of a daughter who fucked 25 men in one night. Honourkillings at that point was still legal but not praticed. The look on the females hosts face when she explains how the emperor showed mercy on his daughter instead if killing her will make you want to bring back honourkillings. The female host saw it as a weakness. And as she said, the decline of the empire was haulted for 30 years(because of the good emperor, but only haulted, because he did not kill women)
I can't remember a single positive contribution the women in Rome did other then being mothers. You literally have a public funded tv station, make a docomentary with a female host bragging about how women destroyed Rome, and men will still defend their suffrage.
It was normal in Ancient Greece to get drunk when discussing politics and philosophy.

Well I the Documentary "Kings and Queens of England" it is explained that the coffee houses (at least) in Britain at the time were also secretly brothels, so when the husbands went to get coffe they would usually also get a shag there, thus when they came home they were spent. So the real issue wasn't the coffe itself, it was the context in which it was consumed.

He's > > right, you know.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_Club

>Ireland
Speaking from experience, then.