Is the lottery a scam?

I was talking to a friend who said that the numbers were already chosen is that true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BiPy6gq29MI
youtube.com/watch?v=8DxUvX5tsqY
youtube.com/watch?v=ynAxV74DMnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ask him for proof.

Highly doubt it.
It's gambling though and gambling is degenerate.

Any chance your friend told you about chemtrails and rigged poker sites as well?

hard to say, you must be lucky to win

i am playing every singe week, and I started 2 years ago
I won back 20% of the money but I will never give up

I won

I won $100,000 dollars back in '05. I had randomly generated numbers. I got to keep the big ass fake check too.

no, they don't need to cheat when the EV is already fractions of a penny on the dollar

I win every now and then but you don't want it to be too obvious and draw suspicion. It entails deep meditation while you watch the draw so you visualise your numbers being drawn and collapse the waveforms before any other observers can.

One day kek will prove himself in mega millions

The numbers are always (((chosen))) user.

There's no solid proof, but I believe they are, these lottery companies want the winning chances to be as low as possible, otherwise they wouldn't have as much money their pocket as they hoped it to be.

>Saudi education

We should meme each other into winning millions

No, the draw machines and balls are kept behind 5 layers of security and the entire process is subject to overlapping monitoring and reporting. Its is completely random and there is no way to effect or predict which numbers will be drawn.

Also I'm going to fucking win the Mega Millions tomorrow

Not a scam just insurmountable odds much like being hit by an asteroid or struck by lightning isn't a scam just reallllllly unlikely

you say that but check out these sweet digits

How would it be possible to even rig this?

youtube.com/watch?v=BiPy6gq29MI

Poor person tax

So unlikely to win, waste of money

Post cheque.

Moreso the idiot tax I would say, then again the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Mirrors and fishing threads

I spent about $7000 on lottery over the last 5 years since its literally my only hope in life. I play the Fantasy 5 a lot though, and that has a somewhat decent chance of winning hundreds of thousands

>then again the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Actually highly correlating even.

Dummy. How can anyone control dancing ping pong balls in an air bubble then vacuum tube? There isn't even any algorithm.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DxUvX5tsqY

Guessing this is just a coincidence ?
They showed the number on TV screen before the ball even dropped

i am ashamed of you

My friend won 1,5 million euros with numbers he had played for years every week. He bought me a gaming pc as a gift which was pretty awesome.

Not true, although it is a scam of sorts. Best term I've heard to describe the lottery is "a tax on hope"

youtube.com/watch?v=ynAxV74DMnA
Hue.

>$1.5bn
what the shit

There's a time delay on live tv whereas digital graphics are put out in real time.

there isn't a 'lottery company' it's put on by the state.

I don't think so. The chances of you winning are astronomical so it seems like a scam

Underrated

I do recall hearing a story of corporations going out and buying thousands upon thousands of lottery tickets, bascially spent like hundreds of thousands and made it all back and then some but they outlawed that already so........

I am not exactly sure how that would work since all those lotteries are designed in such a way that only part of the money that came in through sales is handed out again

The expectation value is always lower than the cost

This.

The scam is that half your prize money goes straight to the IRS.

It only works when nobody wins division 1 on one draw and those winnings are put into division 2 winnings on the next draw. Since the probability is higher for winning division 2 and the value is also higher for winning division 2, the expected value can exceed the purchase price of the ticket. In this case it would make sense to buy alot of tickets. It has happened a few times but most state lotteries have caught on to it.

The amount they pay out based on the odds of winning is actually tiny though. You would actually get a much much better return if you went to the bookies and said you wanted to make a bet that these 6 numbers or whatever would be drawn. Assuming the bookies would give you the odd, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't because they have a maximum payout of £1,000,000 or thereabouts normally. But the point still stands. It was like 45,000,000/1 to win the old lottery and the jackpot was £5m. It's like the roulette odds being 36/1, but only paying out at 2/1.

It's not classed as gambling because you can't influence the outcome (like with cards) and neither can outside outsources (like with horse racing). That's why the legal age here for it is 16.

>They have all the ticket number selections before the draw.
Select: [NO] winners next 3 draws
Jackpot: Draw in more punters
Jackpot: Look at all the greedy fuckers giving us their money
Jackpot: (((We're))) rich
Select: [Rivka Goldstein] Winner

>scam
nah, that's just legalized theft

7k in bitcoin, you'd be rich.

stay poor, faggots.

>is the lottery a scam?
it's just the government imposing a tax on stupid people

The actual chance of winning is so tiny that you have to be luckier than someone who survived a bullet to the head to make back your money. It's a scam, in my opinion.
If you do win, never be known in public. That shit will ruin your life. Put a bag over your head and collect it anonymously.

magnets