Eastern Germany was a very based country

Eastern Germany was a very based country.

>You had a free car and tv, toys were classically made and provided, none of that plastic crap.
>No foreigners around either, it was like a less authoritarian NATSOC Germany.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Kaiser_Wilhelm_Monument
youtube.com/watch?v=ARyFooxGS_o
youtube.com/watch?v=O7zGFZNinsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You had a free car and tv
No you didn't, people paid dearly for their cardboard Trabants

And beer was cheap, and the pill was free.

Stasiland is worth reading, it's hilarious in places. I'd have been happy living in the DDR, but I guess the lack of freedom for dissidents to moan wasn't fair. Plus party apparatchiks had too much power, I hate that feudal shit that sets in with no opposition.

SO good that you had to wait more than a decade for your car and used ones were values higher than new cars.
So good that you had your kids taken away if you were against the regime.
So good that you were shot if you tried to move to the west.

But nice b8 though

Fun fact: their uniforms were derived from Wehrmacht uniforms and that funny helmet they worse was designed in WW2.

sage

What's wrong? I can't hear you over the sound of your debt that we are paying off.

1) Of course there were no foreigners. No-one voluntarily goes to a fucking communist country, dipshit.

2) People paid for their Trabants. And waited decades for them.

>toys were classically made

WTF does this mean? Is this some terrible translation from German?

>newfag saying that the Stasi > Gestapo

Am also from East Germany. I grew up there so what do you think about Der Linken fehlen in NRW nur 8.500 Stimmen zum Einzug. Nun kritisiert die Partei vor allem die SPD, die das »Geschäft von Mitte-Rechts« betrieben habe. Die Aussicht auf Rot-Rot-Grün im Bund dürfte an Rhein und Ruhr untergegangen sein.

This is true user. doubles confirm.

And East Berlin looked like it was falling apart while they were planning to spend millions on upgrading the wall to prevent people from defecting to the West.

Libertarian bitching and moaning in

They had Vietnamese gooks, I can't remember why

thats why all those people risked their lives to escape right?

Stasi was on another level compared to Gestapo. Gestapo was rather understaffed and underfunded, their reputation is mostly bullshit.
Meanwhile Stasi trained KGB officers.

It was so great that had to keep people in with a fuck huge wall

I guess you're just pretending to be retarded

>You had a free car
it wasn't free, you had to be on a waiting list for about 15 years and the cars were some of the shittiest ever made.

this was one of the few good things that were produced in the DDR.

communism, idiot.

They were gullible people who bought into US propaganda and thought they needed coca cola and American jeans to be happy.

Nowadays most east Germans are nostalgic of the DDR times because they realized the mistake they've made.

Italy our old friend, you now have quite a large communist party am I right?

>free car and tv
no you didnt lmao
You paid very dearly for a soapbox car that you got 6-12months AFTER you paid for it and then broke down whenever you wanted to take it on vacation

Not really. If you're referring to the M5S, they're generic populists more than commies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Kaiser_Wilhelm_Monument
>The National Kaiser Wilhelm Monument (Kaiser-Wilhelm-Nationaldenkmal) was a memorial structure in Berlin dedicated to Wilhelm I, first Emperor of a unified Germany. It stood in front of the Stadtschloss from 1897 through 1950, when both structures were demolished by the GDR government.
>Statue survives WW2 mostly unharmed
>Communist scums destroyed it for political reasons

B-but the GDR was based y-you guys! I-I swear!

>all this bullshit

They built a wall to keep people in ffs.

Sage

There wasn't a significant community of people from any other non-European eastern bloc country in east Germany, only Vietnam. I'd forgotten exactly why.

I like the old-fashioned product design of East German labels and packaging

youtube.com/watch?v=ARyFooxGS_o
East Germany best Germany

It was so great that they had to build a higly militarized wall and shoot people on sight in order to keep them INSIDE the country

I remember seeing pictures of giant Stalin type posters in the DDR except instead of Stalin they had giant b&w photographs of some really sour-faced looking old (probable) Jewess. Does anyone know who I'm talking about?

>it was like a less authoritarian NATSOC Germany.

>less

Ahahaaha it was WAY worse.

What fucking planet are you from you moron? East Germany had the Stasi , where even families were spying on each other. NatSoc came nowhere close to the sheer totalitarian nightmare that was the GDR.

Now go take your Antifa flag and fuck off from Sup Forums

Reminds me of a movie. I think it was called goodnight mr lenin or something anyway watch.

I fully agree with you Ronny
we need to build that wall again to stop the bad influence from us wessies
this time no loans or humanitarian aid for you though

Antifa hates the GDR though because of muh statism.

It's "Goodbye Lenin" - where the main characters mother is terminally sick, just as the GDR collapses. So he gets his family and friends to pretend that the GDR still exists since his mum was a life long communist - and he didn't want the turmoil going on in the real world as the wall fell to affect his mother who was on her death bed. Damn fine German film - right up there with Der Untergang.

The DDR didn't kill millions or go to the lengths the Nazis did, though the Stasi was extensive.

You had to pay your Trabbi though. And it was fucking expensive too.
But yeah, it was so good, it's entire population tried to leave it the moment they got the opportunity.

Thanks I'll give it a watch agian as I remember it being funny.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Possibly Margot Honecker?

Yeah they hate statism so much, most antifas I knew back in my leftwing days had their soviet flags proudly displayed in their bedrooms. Being hypocritical is something not only the rightwing is capable of.

DDR shot Germans trying to leave.

Nazi Germany encouraged degenerates to leave.

Big fucking difference.

If that's the case they were probably just larpers or like you said, hypocrites which is typical of most libertarians of all kinds.

Oh yeah encouraged them by rounding them up and keeping them in hellhole camps before killing them.

It's definitely funny in parts - especially where he hijacks a TV transmitter and puts on fake GDR news.

But underlying it was a huge sense of sadness as everything he knows in a communist society comes crashing down. It's an enormous "black pill" film.

How do you think Einstein ended up in Burger Land you fucking moron?

Quite possibly, she looks about as sour-faced as I remember

I have an even more obscure request that I hope someone might be able to help me with: it was a website with the account of someone who had escaped east Germany using an obscure door in the Berlin U-Bahn system that the east Germans used to smuggle spies etc., back and forth undetected. There was a lot of detail about the interception of letters etc. The narrator escaped to the United States. It was really interesting and I've been trying to find it ever since without luck. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

By leaving before it was too late.
>b-but there were no civilian arrests it's all a lie from the evil juice to trick you into thinking my waifu Adolf did something wrong

I had a chance to be in DDR during the 80's (end of the 80's) and I cried alot when they reunited.

Imported labor. They weren't allowed to stay or really integrate.

/leftypol/ needs to leave, daily reminder the holohoax never happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7zGFZNinsk
>dat anthem
every time

You are free to thank us for taking the first step in dismantling it. :^)

Oh my fucking God. We have literal Communists here. Build the fucking wall around Sup Forums, fellow pedes.

>free
REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD COMMIEEEEEE

The only decent thing gdr produced were former gdr Germans living under it, massively redpilled east Germany when they realized just how shitty communism was and Hitler was right all along, there's a reason why east Germans worship Hitler.

Really? Im east german and Im really bored of those "germany" posts already, but now you bring on also fake, dumb posts about east germany...??!?!

Fuck you Sup Forums, you know nothing you stupid ass 13y.o. basement dwellers...

I lived in Dresden in 1990 and it was a charming shithole.

There were some Mozambican students and Russian soldiers there, but East Germany was far from based.

Everyone hates commies

Get out!

>foreigners around
for the same reason you don't see many foreigners in Somalia

What are you doing n pol if you think Nazis killed millions?

>so good that you had your kids taken away if you were against the regime
Doesn't Merkel do that now?

Yeah DDR was a pretty sweet country
That's why they had to build a giant wall to keep their people from leaving

If DDR was so great then why machine guns was pointed inside the country?

Auu pa ti si bas mator druze. Odakle si?

Don't forget the free xray exams

no foreigners around. I remember that you ossis went "Vietnamese klatschen" back in the day.
YOu imported from commie countries thats all.

>They had Vietnamese gooks, I can't remember why

There's Vietnamese in Poland too - in their case think it was some sort of Vietnam War era program. Might be the same thing in your case.

Difference is that OP actually lived in East Germany and is saying good of it.

>Mozambican
mfw niggers in commieland

Fun fact: last film made in DDR was gay drama Coming Out (1989), really makes you think

In the DDR:
>There were no homeless
>Everyone could get a cozy job where you only worked 1-2 hours per day and sat around the rest of the day
>Even with such a job you could still afford a car
>Food was cheap
>The radio still played Volksmusik instead of american nigger music
>You could leave your home unlocked and nobody would rob you

Easterner here.
Once you accepted the fact that you will never leave the zone, life was pretty utopian (expect you could via Mongolia, but only few people knew how).

Sure we didn't had those awesome stuff Westerners had and the state leaders were dumbfucks, and the party was pretty conservative. But their inability to adapt, which was the reason the state ceased existing in the end, was why we could enjoy the few freedoms that we had. Because whenever something new came, they never knew how to react to this.

If the right people came to power, the DDR would've been a neat place. But Ulbricht was a cunt and Honecker an idiot. And those two were the only ones we had.

>everyone lives in shitty apartments like winston smith
>no-one does any work, economy is shit
>you have to wait years to buy a shitty trabant
>spreewald pickles, vita cola
>radio played one variety of shit music instead of another variety
>robbery low because nothing to steal

(((great work)))

>everyone lives in shitty apartments with heroin doping roommates because wong owns your land
>no-one does any work, economy is based on wong buying you out
>you have to wait years to buy a shitty house and a shitty holden
>vegemite, fosters
>radio played one variety of shit lady gaga instead of another variety
>somalis

goodonya m8

>>>>/leftypol/
Kys faggot

a-at least it was white

When they closed the border the idiots initially didnt account for the fact that Berlins subway system was constructed before the partition and didnt correlate with the divided city. Meaning for a while any Ossi could get on the subway in East Berlin with their Luggage and get out in West Berlin to start a new life without any Checkpoints while above ground they were building the wall.

When they wised up to it they didnt stop on the eastern stations anymore and I could see defeated people standing on the Bahnsteig looking miserable as fuck. After a while they closed the stations for the public and there were only a couple of