What does /his/ think of Catalonia, would they make for a nice independent state?

What does /his/ think of Catalonia, would they make for a nice independent state?

Im screwing a girl from there and man are they inmensely patriotic and anti-Spain

Other urls found in this thread:

alertadigital.com/2013/02/19/el-catalan-y-franco/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wvHVGvyUzY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Catalonia would be in a pretty good position, compared to Spain as a whole. They are economically stronger and this is the reason all of the rest of Spain is afraid of them leaving.

They are the proof that racist and elitist nationalism are fine as long as you identify with the left.

Left-wing nationalism is a joke

>"Spaniards out! Somalis in!"

whats stopping them then, its not like theyre in a situation like Scotland in GB

>when you want both national autonomy and open borders.

Spaniards weren't invited in. Somalis might be.

Never got why right wingers think this is some great line. Left wing nationalism makes perfect sense in a colonised country. It means liberation and the end of national antagonism, and who knows, maybe then Spaniards and Catalans might get on. I think deep down they know it too, hence why they react with blind fury when they encounter nationalists who aren't chauvinistic.

also that you can become a successful politician by just being a shitty shitposter on Twitter

Are you implying catalonia is some kind of colonized country like if it was fucking françafrique?

No, but if their wish is to be independent, then so be it. They did have their language and culture repressed for generations though. All peoples have the right to self-determination.

their literal shit culture is not enough of a reason for independence what are you smoking

>they did have their language and culture represed
Nothing wrong with it, do you see france having a catalan or occitan problem? No, thats because they got a real repression there
>all peoples have right to self determination
What if one catalonian province decides to stay? What if Barcelona City decides to stay? Do they have self-determination rigths to?

No it wouldn't, it would be fucking left wing like Sweden and let all the migrants in, Catalonian culture would disappear in 50 years. They are annoying EU idiots just like the scots.

>catalonian """"""""""""culture"""""""""""""

Spaniard confirmed.
You're just scared your country will become economically weak without Catalonia.

Catalonia's economy has been shit and decadent in the past 2 decades. The industry is dissapearing and it is becoming a tourist trap. Even then their industry relies on importing shit from Andalucia and Extremadura and create some cheap manufacturing like chips. They are not the Basque country. They would collapse if they become independent

If Catalonia goes, the Basque will go too.

There is literally no reason NOT to hate Spain.

>If Catalonia goes, the Basque will go too.
The Basques have a special fiscal regime that benefits them the most and independentism is practically death (20% of the popular support)

I lived there for some time, with a family that did not want to become independant.
Not because they loved Spain, but because they were happy with their way of life. From my experience a lot of the patriotic catalonian people seemed brainwashed and irrational about gaining independance.

I feel they struggle to realize how hard it would be to sustain themselves with no help at all, they blame Spain for all their problems and act as if they would be the perfect country without them, they are jumping ship.
I admire how patriotic some of them are, but towards the end of my stay i grew more and more annoyed at a lot of the protests they held, and i could not help but see them as uneducated people struggling to let go of the past. In my eyes what they want is no different to an English county demanding independance because muh history.

I started with an open mind, maybe the people i lived with influenced me, yet even in the early days I struggled to agree with many demanding to be independant.

both catalonia and spain would probably be ok if they left, catalonia a bit better, but it would set a terrible precedent to split a country like that. also it would take a lot of changes in laws to even think about it, that's why they won't let them have a referendum. although iirc they did have some kind of referendum a few years ago where the stay won, i'm not sure

nice way of dodging their questions dipshit

Right-wing nationalism is a joke

>"Europeans out! Pakis in!"

>catalonia a bit better
I think you don't realize how Catalonia's economy works.Their industry is very light and based on consumer goods that are exported to the rest of Spain.Mostly food and clothing.If Spain puts tariffs on Catalonia their industry would collapse.Even then if you adjust the trade balance for 2 different countries to the standard values between 2 bordering countries Catalonia would lose most of their exports.Its economy is alredy crumbling but independence would be a disaster

Nice try, Lachlan McFrugal.

I never understood the point of brexit.

>get rid of influence of the corrupt leftists/kikes in Brussels
>still elect corrupt leftists/kikes at home

Even Farage himself said he wants less Poles, Lithuanians and Spaniards and more Indians, Pakis and niggers. I don't even see a theme in Brexit other than being anti-white.

I think any culturally significant/unique region that seeks its own independence is cool. Probably not the right decision in most cases, but I think if Catalans don't want to be a part of Spain they should struggle/fight for it

Iberian Jews

Richest part of Spain getting brought down by the rest of Spain.

Was there in May 2014 with some big protests and police

Mods are such fucking garbage
I hired hiro would replace them back when he bought this shit hole, but they got lucky

Nope. Spain is cool so catalonia should stick with them. The uk on the otherhand should be cut into tiny pieces...

>Im screwing a girl from there and man are they inmensely patriotic and anti-Spain
And this triggered you massively, as it should.

>It's another "Separatist group that wants to declare independence for no other reason than to just have Independence" episode

The Iberian version of Kosovo basically,
Fuck them.

spanish government doesnt let them do a referendum and will never do. They know Spain without Catalonia is impossible to maintain economically.

Their language and culture wasn't repressed, but protected. Look at France, occitan, breton and catalan WERE repressed, unlike in Spain. Also, they have the most debt towards the state

tfw catalan and also spanish nationalist.

>Catalonia's economy has been shit and decadent in the past 2 decade
and still is the region that gives more money to the budget, if they are shitty imagine how shitty the rest of Spain is.

Catalonia was given an industry before Madrid and that was a mistake.

>Their language and culture wasn't repressed
what about Felipe V and Franco. You either are a troll or just a fucking iletrate in history.

I will destroy seperatism on spain i win against a galician indentity and french basque identity.

>There is literally no reason to hate Spain.

Fixed.

You fucking traitor piece of shit.

I hate you.

Spoke to an educated galician (north west spain province) fellow he stood 0 chance against my spanish nationalist truth, bismallah.

How could you? The independentists are fascists.

>anarchist, comunist
>patriotic
pick one

Now thats a beautiful map.

Is that you Markiplier?

>but I think if Catalans don't want to be a part of Spain
Very few of them want that.

>mfw I found a giy like me

moddddddddd ,JANNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BAN THIS GUY

He told me spain was a confederation i told him galicia is a confederation

it's 50-50. And a 70% wants a refrerendum.

That is the best catalan, amigo :D

> En la edición del 30 de marzo de 1969 (en pleno franquismo) del diario barcelonés La Vanguardia, encontramos la noticia sobre una sentencia del Tribunal Supremo por la que se condenaba al periodista Nestor Luján, director del semanario Destino, a una pena de ocho meses de prisión y 10.000 pesetas de multa por haber publicado en la secciónCartas al director de su número 1.577, correspondiente al 28 de octubre de 1967, la misiva de un lector titulada «El catalán se acaba». La sentencia del Supremo, que confirmaba en apelación una anterior del Tribunal de Orden Público, consideró probado que en dicha carta «se vertían conceptos de tipo ofensivo para la lengua catalana, cuyo libre uso particular y social se respeta y garantiza».

>El 24 de junio de 1960, La Vanguardia comunicaba la convocatoria del premio Sant Jordi de novela, a cuyo importe de 150.000 pesetas podían optar todas aquellas obras «inéditas y originales, escritas en lengua catalana, de una extensión no inferior a 250 hojas holandesas (21×27), mecanografiadas a doble interlínea y escritas por una sola cara, con un margen de 3 centímetros».

>1944. Desde ese año, se hace obligatorio por ley que las universidades con Filología románica incluyan la asignatura de Filología catalana. Un decreto sobre la ordenación de la facultad de Filosofía y Letras, firmado por Franco con fecha del 7 de julio, introduce tres horas semanales de Filología Catalana en la Universidad de Granada.

alertadigital.com/2013/02/19/el-catalan-y-franco/

Why? Because I am a catalan that does not believe your filthy lies?

No such thing as catalan, only spanish identity exists.

>iberian identity

Y QUÉ COÑO VAN A HACER LOS CATALANES SOLOS, MIERDAS? VAN A EMPEZAR A ADMITIR QUE SON HIJOS DE JUDEZNOS O QUÉ? SON REPENDEJOS, ESE PAÍS SOLO SE CAE. QUÉ CREEN QUE NO CUENTA AMÉRICA LATINA? ME GUSTARÍA VER CÓMO CONVENCEN A 500 MILLONES DE IDIOTAS A HABLAR SU IDIOMA DE RETARDADOS MENTALES. SOPENDEJOS, SÓLO HAY ALGO MÁS PENDEJO Y KEKEADO QUE UN CATALÁN, Y A ESO SE LE LLAMA SUECO.

this is more proof that meme magic is dead

I meant catalan as someone from that region of Spain, of course. In my case Gerona, a city in catalonia.

True catalans such as myself are completely loyal and very patriotic towards Spain, having strong Spanish nationalistic feelings as it should be.

spanish region. if it tries to play stupid and be a backstabbing like - it gets conquistadors.

Missing portugal sangre ibera

STOP using regionsl nomenclature, 1 nation 1 state for nation we hold as true, and departments or parts of nations pieces that make whole.

You are right, we are all Spaniards the same, no matter from where in Spain.

You are iberian nothing else, Iberian nation Iberian parts that make up the state and enpowers the nation.

>united
>gibraltar

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_wvHVGvyUzY

Una grande y libre

QUÉ CREEN IMBÉCILES QUE DESDE 1492 PARA TODOS LOS HIJOS DE ESTE LADO DEL CHARCO SON (SOIS, PARA QUE ME ENTENDÁIS) ESPAÑOLES. TAMBIÉN LES DECIMOS GACHUPINES O CACHOPINES CUANDO EMPIEZAN A JODER DE MÁS. PERO EN GENERAL, LA MAYOR PARTE DEL TIEMPO SON (SOIS) ESPAÑOLES. COMO SEA, ME TOMÓ MÁS DE UNA SEMANA DESCIFRAR ESE NOVEDOSO EPÍTETO DE "CATALÁN" (LES ASEGURO QUE TAMPOCO MÁS DE TRES), PERO LES PUEDO ASEGURAR QUE ME SUENA A "MARICÓN". NO LES PUEDO ENCARECER DE MÁS PARA QUE LOS ASÍ DENOMINADOS BARCELONESES SE ADHIERAN CUANTO ANTES A LA VIRIL ESTIRPE CASTELLANA, DE FELICE FORTUNA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk
When you unite the nation.

Esto