What happens when this melts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes'_principle
climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024024;jsessionid=B959A294C5256A4C6A0D5E8D0919CC9A.c1
skepticalscience.com/docs/Cook_2014_Reply_Tol.pdf
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1029/eost2009EO03/asset/eost2009EO03.pdf;jsessionid=D5915814A47455310F58D81BE2509359.f02t04?v=1&t=j2rdtya0&s=78905195bbd6592ff75e47e3de136f4cb8bb368d
pnas.org/content/107/27/12107.full.pdf>The
petitionproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Floods

Nothing. Because it won't happen.

Was meant to melt in 1996, oh no make that 1999. Hang on in 2000, will definitely melt in the year 2000. Didn't happen? Oh we just got one of the models wrong, it'll be 2006. Whoops, we forgot to measure in the reduced cfc's its been pushed out to 2010. Wait until then, we'll all be sorry. Didn't happen in 2010? That was because king nigger signed some shit that made it slow. He's like totz awesome. But it'll definitely melt the second he leaves office, so yeah, 2017, it'll definitely melt then.

Nothing. I'm serious. The north pole is like 30 meters of ice max thickness. It's fucking nothing even scientists says so. Now greenland is bad

> Australian education
> Absolutely horrific

Cheaper good because faster shipment, more oil, some power posturing by superpowers and slightly windier storms in some places.

It's the Antarctic, and Greenland shelf that pose actual dangers in terms of flooding and what not.

>What happens when this melts?
canada will have more habitable and agricultural land

Nobody said it would melt by then, literally nobody. They only said it will melt in 2050 or so. However, were good on track.

Norway, Denmark, USA, Canada and Russia battle it out over natural resources

>Australian
My dad worked for quantus. I know what bootlicking ignorant shits you lot are.

>Currents get fucked up
>Trade routes opened
>Northwest passage becomes international waters
>canada gets butthurt
>Russia greenland and Canada get massive tracks of arable land from tundra melt.

In the short-term its not all bad. Some countries will benefit from climate change. However places like London will be underwater.However if emissions and deforestation continues at out current levels for like 100 years we will all die.

>2100 A.D.
>Climate Change was real
>Africa, Central America are hit hard
>Millions of Niggers flood Europe.
>Millions of Beaners flood America
>Total collapse. Ebola. Cholera. Rape. Murder.
>Whites are already a despised minority in these lands and have finally had enough.
>White Flight to the North where the climate is still good because most of the ice has melted.
>Russians are there. So are the Polish. Ethnic Swedes, and Germans too.
>We put aside our differences and call our new land EVROPA with a stylized 'V' because it looks cool.
>MFW my granchildren will be surfing in the Arctic Ocean

I hate it when I'm drinking my scotch on the rocks and the ice melts and my glass starts overflowing.

Surfs Up!

>ice age hits
>Euros are forced to flee south from the advancing glaciers
>Non Euros are forced to flee north from the advancing deserts
>epic race war ensues

The water will rise by a few inches, maybe even several. Before it freezes again like it always does.

We get rich as fuck due to a new traderoute opening up. I for one welcome our next golden age.

Stop filling the glass above the rim then

>dutch
>fleeing south
we'll just build even bugger dikes. One for the sea, one to keep the belgians out.

Wtf is a quantas? No company exists by that name.

Also learn to flag.

You too mohammed.
> Australian education
Toppest of keks.

Rips my undies too. Do what I do, just drink quicker. I think there's a lesson in that for all of us when these wonderful ice caps melt.

ce is .92g/ml density, and water is 1.0g/ml.
So ice is about 1.09 times bigger than water for the same weight.
Or about 8.6% larger

so when the north pole "melts" nothing will happen to sea levels.

the sea levels would probably drop, because the volume of ice would decrease.

>Nobody
Al Gore predicted that Earth’s “ice caps” will melt away by 2014

He even got slammed by british court on his claims.
In fact the court pointed out nine lies from the movie he needs to rescind

This

Apparently the polar bears would all be dead by now. According to 'scientists' the would become extinct before 2010. By drowning because there would be no more ice to walk on. Lol, polar bears can swim and they live on solid ground.

Funny how no libtards ever mentions An Inconvenient Truth anymore. To think that fake news proponent was the Democratic nominee.

Iceage is coming. Begins 2020. Food prices start going up next year.

wow. this one guy saying that is enough for me to never believe anyone of the millions of scientists saying it again.

>research on the internet is hard, better trust the talking heads on the tube

Archimedes Principle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes'_principle
Literally nothing will happen if floating ice melts.
The ocean surface has less reflectivity, therefor the temperature will rise slightly. Perhaps it will easily offset Carbon Dioxide acidification in the ocean.

The non-countries in the north cease to exist.

Mediteranean get's flooded and we get more islands.

the whole polar bears crap in another story.

All those sap stories about poor polar bears drifting on ice because there is no food because of global warming.

And the truth is, that we just stopped killing those fuckers. Polar Bear population is greatest in recorded history, and those superpredators murderate everything they could so now they starve because of overpopulation.

But saying that to bring balance to artic ecosystem we should start shooting off couple tousands of those sob every year is anathema to those people.

It's like with muslims, It could be tearing into their guts and they would still be convinced it's a gentle giant, a poor victim of global warming, global cooling ... climate change

Nothing much.

we could have got Atlantropa

could you do something similar to this in Denmark?

probably you could, but there are much more problems because of harsh climate.

Baltic even freezes over every 50 years or so

>every climate scientist
>talking head

>every

Just go with my idea
Space escalator shooting water into space in the direction of mars
Boom no floods and boom life on mars

I guess desalinating the entire Baltic sea would make that more frequent.

nothing

new land will rise for the sattlement of kekistan

underrated

>Space escalator
too bad its not possible with current technology, we would need to invent some new material like super graphene or carbon nanotube based composite

>le 2%

Humans won't terraform other planets we will just mine them to make habitats or artificial planets.

>What happens when this melts?
The English drown as the Scottish laugh from the highlands.

>earth is flat is a sciantific consensus
>earth is the centre of the universe is a scienttific consensus
>earth is 1000 generations of land of juda old is a scientific consensus
>newtonian physics are universal is a scientific consensus
>planets in our universe are are is a scientific consensus

>using the 98% of scientists debunked lie
>beliving that majority has any meaning when talking about science, not just the evidence and strength of the arguments

if it melts at all, say the world average goes up a whole three degrees there will be damper climates everywhere. Canada and Siberai will be more habitable and be able to support more agriculture and the sahara will be green again from increase in precipitation and Africans wont have an excuse to look sad in commercials any more.

>i could walk from canada to russia

>Siberai
also entire siberia would be accesible via water, that would suddenly make all that resources cheaper to extract, all those new ports are probably Putins wet dream

fucking dumbass jew

US uses canada as a proxy to claim the resources. No one dares oppose us or their government will be overthrown. Largest resource grab in a century and it will make the south china sea look like the nation of sealand. Global shipping routes improve slightly.

>le great scientific revolutions argument
ok well ill just stop believing in science altogether you fucking strawman

The question went over your head

My hypothesis with climate change is that human action is more of a catalyst for nature.

What I mean is that short turn we get more liquid water in the oceans (from the ice) and more solar radiation absorption. But that leads to more water evaporating and therefor clouds and rain. Which will in the long run stabilize the climate. It will also make more fresh water available and easier agriculture.

You do what you want man, you might start from doing some light research and reading yourself.

I propose to start with the famous 98% claim that was debunked thousand times.

from what I remember
in short:
>study was done on 12 or so american unis, not only it's not global, it's not really national
>out of the dozen, over half were in california
>they did not ask only climatologists
>in fact they asked almost everyone else
>they discarded many dissending opinnions because of no reason
>if only asked climatologists the number becomes closer to 40%
>if sampling climatologists outside cali, it becomes closer to 27%

I mean Pay Gap is also almost univerally accepted by mainstream "academia" and talking heads?
You also believe in Pay Gap?

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
>muh NASA right?

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024024;jsessionid=B959A294C5256A4C6A0D5E8D0919CC9A.c1
>Cook and his co-authors examined 11,944 abstracts of climate science reports published from 1991 to 2011
>97.1% of scientists publishing climate change from all countries conclude climate change is real and manmade

skepticalscience.com/docs/Cook_2014_Reply_Tol.pdf
>Tol found that some 91 percent of climate research papers that Cook’s team examined supported the consensus that man is the main reason for the Earth’s warming temperatures.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1029/eost2009EO03/asset/eost2009EO03.pdf;jsessionid=D5915814A47455310F58D81BE2509359.f02t04?v=1&t=j2rdtya0&s=78905195bbd6592ff75e47e3de136f4cb8bb368d
>Nine out of 10 of the scientists said the Earth’s temperatures had risen, and 82 percent said human activities were a key reason.

Winnowing the field to climate change researchers who actively published their results, the survey found that 75 of 77 of them, or 97.4 percent, said human activity is a significant driver of climate change.

Another study published in 2010 by the National Academy of Sciences created a database of 908 climate researchers who had their work published at least 20 times in scientific journals.

pnas.org/content/107/27/12107.full.pdf>The study found roughly 90 percent of the climate researchers were convinced that rising temperatures are being caused by human activity, while 10 percent were not convinced. But the more expertise the researchers had, the greater their consensus.

Defo a lefty shill. kys

>77
>908

interestingly small sample groups , especially when compared with:

>31,487 American scientists have signed this petition, including 9,029 with PhDs

petitionproject.org/

You are even raw pasting from www.skepticalscience.com, why not use snopes or quora when you are at it, or wiki.

John Cook wrote a fucking book that there is consenus so everyone should just shut the fuck up and give him money.

Bill Nye the science denying goy said that discussing climate change should be illegal

I thought your dykes are large enough already.

Not a flat-earther, but why don't planes ever fly over the pole for a faster route?

Nothing, the continents will just float higher, just like boats do.

Because they'd get sucked into Aghartha.

We will have finally sea here.I will be happy.

they do... it's even called "the Polar route"

Are you fucking retarded?

Last summer it went up to record amounts of ice loss and high temperatures.

Its not a question of "if", its a question of "when". The ice is gonna melt, which will lower earth's albedo, which in turn will increase the temperature.

Lastly, there are trillion tonnes of trapped gases under the ice. Were in for a big "happening" in our lifetime.

Aussies are really this dumb.

Nothing because it's actually already in the ocean, accounted for its in volume. It will just give more drinking water.

More free trade through the polar seas.

A righteous end to the Arab Colonies Drive more cars!

war

A lot of prehisotric diseases and viruses will be unleashed to wreak havoc on humanity

My investments in Greenland real estate finally pay off.

Whatever. There are people posting in this thread who even have a clue what it means what it means when the north pole melts. (PROTIP: it won't have an effect on sea levels because it's just a thin layer of ice)
again just look at this graph we're doing a good job of melting it all away.

Water happens, duh.

It was already supposed to melt like 20 years ago. it won't happen.

>crops
>on barren soil

All I care about is that Russia stays safe.
I love them for getting Trump elected and getting Seth Rich to hack Hillary

It's melting in some places, and them gaining in others. It's pretty much a process not a doomsday scenario like that dumbass expedition to prove that there was no ice that was stopped in murmansk because of too much ice from July 2016, The Polar Ocean Challenge it was called.

Then it's definately a net loss, but the sea is much colder beacuse of this, so it does not melt so fast again.

And on the other side of the globe Antarctica is stedily gaining Ice pretty fast since 2013.

That's the thing, climate is changing, like it always does, and it's a process we cannot really understand that well. More research is needed, not spergs yelling STAHP ALL CARZ AND PLANTS NAO!!, EVERYOONE WHO DIZAGREEZ NEEDZ TO BE SHOT LOLolo!!!*

And I'm pretty sure 90% of people here are just trolling and feining ignorance for the kick of it. It's still 4chin after all

It doesn't matter that it melts in some places and gains in others. That's just what naturally occurs. What's not natural is that is has been declining extremely fast the last decades. We should pretty much be at the beginning of a new ice age by now but instead it's getting warmer.