Why don't millennials have a home?

Why don't millennials have a home?

twitter.com/Independent/status/864380075185188865

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/reports/198776/no-recovery-analysis-long-term-productivity-decline.aspx?utm_source=blog&utm_campaign=TCB12616
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sell Avocado Toast
>become billionaire

> millenial thread
> not a qt grill as picture

sage and kys

fuck that. im not going to help perpetuate a broken system. the bubble is close to bursting and im gonna laugh when boomers start killing themselves cos they lose their 32 properties

entitled cunts, the children of the sixties degenerates. nothing good can come out of this.

>the investor is probably a boomer fag who was buying houses for cheap decades ago and now rents them ou
>there's literally nothing wrong with avocado toast
>you buy bread and avocado and make it at home

millennial are really intersectional generation toilet people.

Most of the houses in America are owned by Chinese foreign investors. If they can't sell the houses then they rent them out to low income Chinese immigrants and collect the welfare while inflating their income in their tax reports to convert them to permanent residents.

I fucking hate these cunts.

Do they not realise that the price of a house has increased from 4 times median wage to 12 times median wage?

IT IS OBJECTIVELY, MEASURABLY, more expensive to buy a house. It has nothing to do with this generation being wasteful and everything to do with their generation's batshit insane globalist policies allowing Chinese billionaires to outbid first home buyers and the treasonous dogs like the tycoon in the article who sell to them.

EAT THE RICH.

>live a life of poverty just so you can buy an overpriced house
>not waiting for the prices to go down due to nobody being able to afford anything
Y-yes goy, spend all your life savings of 20 years to buy a wooden cuckbox.

>Avocado toast at a good restaurant - 10 dollars

>saved in a year: 3650 dollars

>saved in ten years: 36,500 dollars

>house price in a town that sells avocado toast for ten dollars: 750,000 dollars

Seth Rich was in contact with wikileaks and was murdered by SEIU thugs who take orders from Hillary and Podesta

>$19 for a quarter avocado and toast.

What the FUCK LIBERALS?

HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?

what is avocado toast? it can't possibly be just that.

>avocado, $0.70
>loaf of bread, $1

eat it every day who gives a shit

>house price in a town that sells avocado toast for ten dollars... in ten years: 1,750,000 dollars

>Oyyyy vey! the goyim are buying avocado toast instead of getting a 6,000,000% interest loan for a home!

36k is a great down payment.

>The only people who can't afford houses are liberal millennials

most offensive thing about this article 2bfair

Becuase i can smell the end of. Western civilization a mile away. Im getting myself a mobile home.

Lol at people still denying there's no by bubble.

There's 4 main types of people
- Property investors
- Bankers
- the Media
- Real estate agents

Majority of the time, it's people over 55 that own these properties. I've had a few of them lose their shit at me for even thinking there's a bubble.
>damage control

There's no bubble*

You said you were 49 right? What are you doing on this board? Are you one of those shills who comes on to recruit shabbos goyim and tell us Freemasons are based?

You're too old to be shilling. Ignore this guys posts he's trying to get garbage threads archived.

Who the fuck eats avocado on a toast ?

>uncultured as fuck

Sure millennials waste money on a lot of pointless shit, doesn't mean you ignore the rising housing and education costs.
Housing and education being more expensive are a fact.
Healthcare in the US as well.

It's not a bubble because when foreclosures occur, first home buyers, other investors, or foreigners buy the properties. In the latter cases often with cash. The market is just overheated/overvalued and under-supplied but for the most part people are meeting their obligations.

You only get a popping bubble when a whole lot of mortgagees can't met their repayment (for whatever reason) AND there is no one left to buy up the stock.

5% is not a good down payment

"Collapse of society"
"Erosion of morals"
"Loss of happiness through nihilism"
Give me a break have you whiners seen the Dow lately? Lol.

this. 33yoldfag and still renting; not buying any property in the islamic state breeding grounds we call western europoor cities. sure, it might make some gains over the next few years, but i just cant see it as a lifetime investment.

looking at buying a medium sized and rugged boat. make it all happening-proof, then moor it somewhere and put a nice but cheap wooden barn for muh square meters. feeling much better about that.

I dont want to invest too heavily in anything i cant take with me.

Lol. Freemasons aren't based. They got hijacked by the people who wants to slaves as consumers. FYI we defeated communism in the stock markets war, fascism in the universities, and outdated traditional morals in the family

i like how the guy that said this talks about how you have to work hard for it and then the article says how his grandfather gave have something like 35k to buy a business
this was all before property prices skyrocketed of course

Yes, but milleniels still buy too much pointless shit, myself included.

My parents had one decent sized tv for well over a decade. I have a flat screen in each room and am constantly getting pushed to go bigger even though I'm content with what I have. I don't remember anything other than an occasional trip to Denny's once or twice a month, gf wants to eat out every night and I have to insist on cooking at home. Dropping $30-50 a night for dinner 3+ times a week seems to be the norm amongst friends. My dad was an avid shooter, I've well surpassed his lifetime collection in 6 years.

Stupid shit like that adds up. Healthcare and college don't help of course, but no reason to keep digging.

not on a $750,000 house

gallup.com/reports/198776/no-recovery-analysis-long-term-productivity-decline.aspx?utm_source=blog&utm_campaign=TCB12616
Meh, the problem is much deeper than the frivolous spending, the costs are up by massive amounts.
And I doubt the economy would survive if millennials started saving, considering the demand is already down massively after the crisis.
The economy was fueled by debt for generations and now it stopped growing after 2008.

Yes, but this is a function of economic utility.

If one could buy a house over 12-20 years when it's priced at 4 years of salary, they might scrimp and save to own their own house in 12-20 years.

When one has to pay 12 years salary to buy a house, It's going to take 36-60 years to pay off that loan plus another 4-10 years to scrimp enough for a deposit.

At that point, most people think fuck that I'm going to have some avocado toast and a new TV, rather than own a home as I die.

avocado toast is a thing?

The guy giving the advice is 35. Hardly a Boomer you fags.

>>What the FUCK LIBERALS?
>HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?

Anyone ever been to "Organic Roots" grocery store? $10 bucks for a gallon of milk there. Everyone there looked like they got lost from San Francisco or Portland, and somehow made their new home there inside the grocery, even though I never see any of these people around in the city during the day.

Yes. The attitude is prevalent amongs boomers.

This guy just got lucky gambling on the housing bubble and was lucky he was in Australia or Canada. Because everywhere else it the world it busted. When it does here, he'll probably be destitute.

This is like the guy who won lotto giving advice on how to get rich. Only the guy who won lotto is probably smart enough to realise he got incredibly lucky.

soon

I think boomers in the UK are slightly different. My parents for example, are quite wealthy due to having no siblings, so large inheritance (a house each). But they had next to nothing before their parents died, and even now they will do shit like washing tinfoil so that it can be re-used.

Don't forget in the UK rationing only ended in 1954. The countryside was poor and basic - my mother was 10 when they got electricity (1960), and they still took water from a spring.

I spend a lot of time around age 50+ people and a lot of their wealth is hereditary, smartly invested. A lot spend more on traveling or their children than flashy personal items like phones.

We get comfortable due to our comfortable parents, and therefore more loose with money.

Phones are the classic money sink that really hurts this generation. I pay £5/mo network charge plus buying outright a £70 phone. Meanwhile an iPhone 7 costs nearly £50 a month.

Liberals can't take care of themselves. That's why they want to government to do it for them. They are literally children.

We have $170,000 deposit here in Auckland, the bank wouldn't lend us $230,000 for a shitty house three hours away. The average price here in the city is around $950,000. Good times.

The cafe i used to work at sold sun dried tomato, bacon and avocado sandwiches for $15