Why are there such bad roads in Russia?

It is a large Russian city of Omsk with a population of 1261,000 people. Tell me, does your country have such or is it only in the former USSR?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZVozOKgv-c
youtube.com/watch?v=erVxPu38E8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=J4W4D9giUO8
youtube.com/watch?v=x4obeqaxhRs
youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=yPthb7qUpfk
youtube.com/watch?v=gS6HZv4GXj8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6keHpeYak
youtube.com/watch?v=TW-pw4rRvUI&t=252s
youtube.com/watch?v=OOvbUKkTk-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8XHeVsMDY
youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=-MYxtpGxGJI&t=155s
youtube.com/watch?v=S_yv4Jrqdpw
youtube.com/watch?v=lij59497MBs
youtube.com/watch?v=4Prc1UfuokY&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=S2up4-CJ-ok
youtube.com/watch?v=lka6wG7JTgk
youtube.com/watch?v=9dUv5FcyNM0
youtube.com/watch?v=e6odhGFIND0&t=318s
youtube.com/watch?v=ID7ruPMrAmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GNAuz_qhHTk
youtube.com/watch?v=_fAhs3J1h98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

country too big to afford asphalt for 17 millions square kilometers comrade))

Mine doesnt, and i doubt any country west of Smolensk has such problems

We have asphalt roads all over our country that are in fairly good condition.

There is still some dirt roads, but they're all extreme rural/private.

America has bad infrastructure problems, but they are usually pretty isolated and a condition like these pictures might be more prevalent in a ghetto.

What happens in Omsk?

Climate plays a big role. If you have huge differences in temperatures over the year, If there is snow in winter, the erosion is much more pronounced and you have to spend a lot of money on resistant materials and maintenance. Couple that with general poverty and with the corrupt workers, who take the money destined for expensive materials, buy cheaper ones and keep the difference, and there you have it - the libertarian paradise.

Aye, but you are british country that was upon traditional british principles, you arent glorified petrol station of a country full of poverty and oligarchs who hoard money that could otherwise be used for improvement of citizens' quality of life. I honestly dont know what should change for Russians to join 21st century, that country is hopeless

Is Russia outside St. Petersburg and Moscow like that? I don't recall seeing such things in both cities. Wonder if I'd see things like that if I go to Vladibostok and so

i believe so, yeah. I dont have 100% positive information but my guess, based on what i know about Russia, is that ~20 kms outside the Moscow / SpB starts literally 3rd world, with some exceptions here and there, like Grozny, that got really nicely rebuilt after 1990s

Jeez man

In St. Petersburg, this is not so, but in the neighboring Leningrad oblast roads are of poor quality. It's funny that the distance between them is small

your country is like my province large and sparsely populated with a climate not conductive to roads. Cost, competence and corruption as well

Those arms dont look white

1st) country is too big, 4x the size of the EU while only having 1/3 of the population.
2nd) winters that freeze everyhing and summers that suddenly turn everything into mud.
The ground is raising and sinking to a considerable degree every year.
That's a nightmare for building any kind of permanent structure and makes it more expensive the maintain it than similar infrastructure in most other places (maybe except for some deserts)

>East of the Urals
No shit it sucks

How the fuck does the street car even ride on those tracks?

we are only partially ruled by billionaires, russia is essentially the middle ages.

>democrats see news of seth rich resurfacing
>wtf i thought this was dead news
>"seth rich has contact with wikileaks before his death"
>ohshit.jpg
>push fake "dae drumpf=russian spy" story
>it's debunked within a few hours
>seth rich news getting more traction
>our shield within the fbi, comey, is gone
>ohshit.jpg
>panic kicks in
>use democratic shill to push "it's literally nothing goyim"
>use power of mass corruption to shut down the actual parents from speaking up
[we are here now]
>people start finding youtube.com/watch?v=AZVozOKgv-c
>it's all falling apart
>shill harder than you've ever shilled before
(posting in a Seth Rich slide thread)

You're damn right, even though it happens to be fucked with roads, but it is in the suburbs, such as Kolpino. Here's an example of Crepe's week in the mud. This event is organized by local officials

Corruption. Why build good roads, when you can build shit roads so that you get money to redo them every year. You friend's company gets the contract, you get a kickback, everyone's happy. There are plenty of photos available of hachi laying asphalt in snowstorm, rain, over puddles of water, of course this shit doesn't last.

Well how would you expect the ground to look like after the massive amounts of snow and ice melt?
Do you expect Putin to personally come over and remove all the water and mud from the thaw?
If you don't like it then move to another climate.

Never seen such horrible roads in Finland's Norway's and Sweden's biggest cities

it's a real shame, russia has some of the smartest people in human history, but most either got poached by the us or put into useless positions never allowed to pursue their creativity and ideas independently.

they had their own manhattan project and independently discovered nuclear weapons and invented the nuclear reactor first, they were the first in space, first man in space, first object to land on the moon, first satellite. it's a real tragedy what communism did to those people, it sucked the spirit out of them. there was so much hope for the future in the 50s and 60s, by the mid 80s it was just a giant prison and everybody was trying to get out.

but this is all by design, russian people have always been historically oppressed, they have a very sad history, because their leaders were always non-russians who didn't care for the people. they will get sacrificed again in a third world war, the last one killed so many of their people, it's just depressing. be thankful you are on the side of the reptilian aliens and not opposing them.

Do you not understand that you can't build a road that will not need to be redone every year if the ground rises and falls every winter/summer due to freezing/thaw of massive amounts of snow/ice?
We redo our roads here in Austria every year. It's about the climate and the geography.

Our initiative is punishable, One already tried to repair the road, but he was imprisoned for this

>ground rises and falls
What are you smoking
No, the climate isn't the problem, this is:
youtube.com/watch?v=erVxPu38E8Y

You simply do not have sufficient GDP and population to sustain such a geographically large country with these climatic challenges.
You will have to change both of these issues or your country will eventually fall apart into smaller pieces, likely involving to civil war.
Chechnya was only a small taste of what this may look like.
The only part ethnic Russians could currently sustain is the European part, and not even the whole thing, only parts of it.

Yes, sure this one video shows the real issue. Climate, geographic size and small population and GDP has nothing to do with it.
We could place 8 million people from Switzerland tomorrow in Russia and they would immediately make everything work perfect, because they know how.
Numbers and fact do not matter at all.

Yes? If you build shit roads like this, they will be shit. Who would've thunk. If you build them properly, they last longer and don't turn into an abomination from OP's pic.
As a matter of fact, the European part of Russia isn't much different in terms of climate from many other European countries, yet terrible roads are abound. Nobody talks about a pristine asphalt road in every Siberian shithole, but even in big cities the situation is often quite sad.

These are generally the worst you can find.
Often post German, especially in western parts. They may have been good for horse carriages but they're terrible for automobiles.

Only place like that in the USA is detroit blacks they do this they need to be thrown out of that city !

My List of Videos of what we need to do to keep white culture ! I post this with every post you should copy and paste below this part and spread it all over the net we need to redpill so many still !
youtube.com/watch?v=J4W4D9giUO8
youtube.com/watch?v=x4obeqaxhRs
youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=yPthb7qUpfk
youtube.com/watch?v=gS6HZv4GXj8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6keHpeYak
youtube.com/watch?v=TW-pw4rRvUI&t=252s
youtube.com/watch?v=OOvbUKkTk-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8XHeVsMDY
youtube.com/watch?v=YxLqx8xF9Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=-MYxtpGxGJI&t=155s
youtube.com/watch?v=S_yv4Jrqdpw
youtube.com/watch?v=lij59497MBs
youtube.com/watch?v=4Prc1UfuokY&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=S2up4-CJ-ok
youtube.com/watch?v=lka6wG7JTgk
youtube.com/watch?v=9dUv5FcyNM0
youtube.com/watch?v=e6odhGFIND0&t=318s
youtube.com/watch?v=ID7ruPMrAmQ

The European part of Russia is still larger than the whole of EU, while one 80 million Russians live there vs 500 million EU residents.
You simply DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING NUMBERS to sustain that kind of territory.
Yes, there's probably also lots of shitty planning involved, but even if you fixed all of that, you DON'T HAVE THE NUMBERS.
If you think otherwise then you are simply delusional.

Russia is what happens when totalitarian communism under a genocidal despot, falls in the abyss of a hyena feeding frenzy capitalist cesspit.

With the not-so-subtle creep of the Chinese, oligarchs stripping the Russian carcass raw and all the external pressures brought on by thus, the nation might fall even before Japan or Africa.

>GET
>OUT
>WHILE
>YOU
>STILL
>CAN

By the way, in Lithuania you can also find this. Here is Vilnius
youtube.com/watch?v=GNAuz_qhHTk

Dude, Russia has 74 trillion $ in natural resources. They absolutely could build roads with these funds, but it all goes to oligarchs and stupid shit like Sochi and such. They definitely could afford better roads as they mostly live in cities in western parts. Maybe not highways at once everywhere, but local, city roads?

One of the founders of Google, our former compatriot Sergey Brin, called Russia Nigeria in the snow

Literally this.

We spend enormous amounts of money to keep the infrastructure intact here in Finland. And if the budget dips even a little, you can see the effects of it the next year and clearly.

And it's all due to frost erosion, in which the moisture in the ground freezes over and expands, breaking asphalt and concrete, so we have to make sure that water doesn't stay under the road and that means that the whole base of the road has to be dug down in to the ground and built layer by layer again. So a good piece of road here costs exponentially more than somewhere where the ground doesn't freeze.

>Nigeria in snow
>China 'soft annexing' Africa
>the 50M surplus chink males streaming over to Russia for the female smorgasbord
>Putin cutting and running...

australia is also bigger than the eu but our roads are mostly fine.
climate probably plays into it

No they simply can't. They can make a big project in one place or another one, but they cannot develop the whole of the country to something that even remotely resembles what we have in Europe with their current numbers.
They can only maintain a very strongly centralised country with a few really big cities on European standards (St. Petersburg, Moscow, Yekaterinburg)
Anything more than that and they'll overextend themselves in their own fucking country. They don't need to go to Iraq to overextend themselves.
You need millions upon millions of people who regularly use and depend upon infrastructure to make it worth to be maintained.
Russia would need something like a billion Russians, and even then they'd have too low numbers to develop everything.
Doesn't matter if they have tons of resources in the ground. You need reliable infrastructure and a shitload of people to get it out there and sell it.
I do not want to minimise the challenges that Russians do overcome, it's amazing that they are capable to holding on to this country to this day.
But you wont see a Western type civilisation across all of Russia unless their numbers don't start going up 10 fold.

>there are literal 10/10 beauties living in these frozen shit holes wanting to escape but can't

How do I find them and how do they find me? I want to sponsor a harem of qt Russian girls so they can have a better life (and make my penis feel better too)

Are there big parts of your country that have almost no infrastructure and no population?
Yes? Then you have the same solution to the same problem. A more strongly centralised country than with few big population centres.

I also saw in Australia lots of roads that weren't paved in rural areas and it worked fine because your geography is more stable. Nothing is going to wash these simple roads away.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fAhs3J1h98

Already seen it lol