Creepy Letter sent to residents in Los Angeles

Any other California anons receive this letter in the mail today?

Just in time for Los Angeles’ runoff municipal election Tuesday, some residents have received letters listing the voting records of their neighbors in a purported attempt to turn out the vote.
One letter provided to KTLA had no return address but bore a logo for the “California Voter Awareness Project,” which has no apparent online presence. The envelope was labeled in red "Important Taxpayer Information Enclosed."

“Why do so many people in Los Angeles fail to vote?” the letter read. “This year, we’re taking a new approach. We’re sending this mailing to you, your friends, your neighbors, your colleagues at work, and your community members to publicize who does and does not vote.”

The letter then lists the recipient's name followed by nine apparent neighbors, along with whether they voted last June, in November and in March.

full article here ktla.com/2017/05/16/creepy-letter-to-los-angeles-voters-shows-neighbors-voting-records/

>voting
do chumps actually do this?

This is a common scare tactic (((they))) use and Dems use.

Isn't this illegal? I thought this was illegal

>if you dont vote for us then we will tell your friends that you're a nazi and refused to vote against hitler
neat.

voting is for plebs

Rato did this during his nomination campaign kek

Does anyone else think this some ((Soros)) initiative? I know they want to lower the voting age so I wouldn't be surprised.

It's all public information and it's not telling us to vote for a certain thing so it's not illegal.
Not sure how ethical it is though.

It's not illegal because it doesn't disclose WHAT they voted for. However, it's weird as fuck and if it can be provably shown to be an attempt that intimidation then it could turn into a legal case.

>It's all public information
where can i find it?

i want to know if my neighbors voted.

How is Sup Forums aware of everything that happens in my life?

Am I trolling myself?

How can they legally get a hold of or even collect this information?

I wonder what consequences there can be. Basically it's just shaming, but could someone or the people find a way to make some kind of civil case against this.

I don't think it can qualify as defamation or libel if what they are saying isn't false, but could the authors be re responsible for some kind of emotional distress? Considering the voting process is implied to be private in many areas the average person would assume at least casting a ballot wouldn't be public information.

On the other hand, this might have the opposite effect intended. Assuming the information is legitimate more people may be less inclined to vote knowing this information.

This is 1880's extortion. Back then they would yell at the local whorehouse.

I don't know where but what is really unsettling is that according to the article one guy was sent a letter with the names of people he's friends with on face book.

There should definitely be some sort of civil case.
>This year, we’re taking a new approach. We’re sending this mailing to you, your friends, your neighbors, your colleagues at work, and your community members to publicize who does and does not vote.”

Who the fuck thought they could send something like this out and think people would be ok with it.

>I don't know where but what is really unsettling is that according to the article one guy was sent a letter with the names of people he's friends with on face book.
imagine how worried I would be if I used goybook.

>rock the vote!
>get out and vote!
>gotta get those numbers up!
>it doesn't matter if you haven't paid attention to any political happenings, or foreign affairs!
>who cares if you don't even understand the basic laws you live under!
>it's fine if you have literally never once read an article to it's fullest, or watched an entire political debate!
>it's your duty!
>VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE
>vote with your emotions! vote against your fears! vote for love! just VOTE!
I wonder who could be behind this...

These tactics are directly from the Stalin playbook. Give the impression that you are being watched? Turn neighbor against neighbor? Sow the idea that simply voting will have dire consequences? It’s all right there in the letter.

Completely legal and done before. Turns out, campaigns like this result in more voters turning out.

What's the purpose though? California is already as blue as it's going to get. Why are they trying to encourage more people to come out and vote? I can't imagine the GOP would do something like this.