Are you a millenial struggling to purchase a home? Stop buying avocados!

>A multimillionaire property magnate in Australia has told young people that if they want to get on the property ladder, they should stop spending so much money on avocado toast and coffee

>"When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn't buying smashed avocado for $19 ($15) and four coffees at $4 each," said Tim Gurner, 35, an Australian property tycoon who reportedly has almost half a billion dollars in the bank

>The millionaire began his career as a property investor after purchasing a gym in Melbourne's south in 2001 with the help of $34,000 borrowed from his grandfather.

>He then went on to found his real estate company Gurner in 2015 and, according to 9news, currently has $3.8 billion worth of development projects.
In the interview, the 35-year-old stressed how hard he worked when he was young

>Gurner told the Australian television version of 60 minutes that the problem lay with reality TV stars who give millennials unrealistic expectations

>"This generation is watching the Kardashians and thinking that's normal – thinking owning a Bentley is normal. They want to eat out every day; they want travel to Europe every year

>"The people that own homes today worked very, very hard for it and saved every dollar, did everything they could to get up the property investment ladder."

>The comments echo an editorial piece in The Australian newspaper last year in which Demographer Bernard Salt young people could better afford a home if they stopped spending all their money in expensive cafes

>"I have seen young people order smashed avocado with crumbled feta on five-grain toasted bread at $22 a pop and more. I can afford to eat this for lunch because I am middle aged and have raised my family

>"But how can young people afford to eat like this? Shouldn't they be economizing by eating at home? How often are they eating out? Twenty-two dollars several times a week could go towards a deposit on a house" he wrote

archive.is/nZSu5 Why can't millenials do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI
youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AHAHAHA! What!?!

Australian housing prices are fucked, but I was just waiting for the wealthy relative lending him money part..

hopefully someone kills him with a big knife desu lads

Tfw I live in California and we head avocado trees everywhere

oy vey goy, stop buying healthy food. you might live long enough to collect social security

Thread Starter.jpeg?

ShariaBlue isnt sending its best.

Wait a minute. Is avocado on toast a common breakfast food for Australian millenials? That sounds gross.

>filename

Claire Danes used to be hot.
Loved her in Romeo and Juliet movie.

The real problem is middle and upper middle class fucktards getting out of school with a garbage degree. Then the only job they can find is some shit hardly above minimum wage. Yet they keep spending money like they are on their parents credit card and have no concept of living frugally.

t. poor fuck who know borgy trash

Its hysterical seeing them bitch about rent then watching them blow 20$ on "snacks"

See

He actually implies that millenials have money and are independent, therefore they can save money.

>lol

>i hope that cunt chokes to death on a piece of avocado toast.

Avocados are not even expensive produce. He should've said millennials shouldn't build up college debt or spend all their money on vidya.

want healthcare? stop buying Iphones faggots

>buy a gym
>for 34k
>with money from your grandpa

wow so hard much work

>34k borrowed by his granfather

Here, have six years wages.

right now I am considering buying a motorhome to live in. I live in a small old ass busted travel trailer right now. I hate it. Mostly because of all the poorly done repairs and it cant move. I don't own a truck to move it and its falling apart. Plan on eventually selling it super cheap as a hunting camper. Didn't pay much for it. I want something small and mobile that doesn't suck gas. Oddly enough I saw a 500 dollar old dodge mini midas class c for sale on craigslist that was in decent shape considering the rock bottom cost. Its that or i take out a loan and shoot for something in the 20-30k range and pay it off quick. I don't think I will ever be alble to afford a home but a nice small rv would be great for me. Cheap to live in, i can go wherever I please at any time.

Too bad he couldn't get a small loan of a million dollars

lol, well said.

eat the rich when

>using anecdotal evidence to claim that millenials can't buy houses at ridiculously inflated prices because they spend all their money on expensive cafes
Have you heard a more Jewish argument?

it's a meme, like starbucks. only middle class urban leftists eat it.

98% chance he got in early at the start of the bubble and has been using home equity to buy homes for the home equity to buy homes for the home equity and so on.

when the bubble pops he's going to go down. hard.

>thread_startwe.jpg

$34k kangaroo bux isn't even that much, poorfags.
That's like two years of savings at a white collar job and you're acting like his grandpa saving that much over a lifetime and loaning him it makes him Scrooge McDuck.
Maybe you poorfags should eat fewer avocados so you can help your grandkids build empires when you're old---I know it's too late for the lot of you to get rich within 40 years.

>Here, have six years wages.

If six years wages is 34k you need to reevaluate your life.

That's just under half of what yearly I make and I'm a young-ass 22 year old

Yeah it's max kikery.

How could he buy anything for that much? Must have been the down payment.

6 years wage... fucking poor fags. I have this in cash.

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

At this point it's just a matter of saving and waiting for the property bubble to pop. Just look at Western Australia, the value of property there dropped like a fucking WEIGHT.

>$34k kangaroo bux isn't even that much, poorfags.
it is when your yearly rent is that much.

besides, he's obviously whored himself out for loans. there's no fucking way he turned $34,000 into $500 million without using loans.

>>The millionaire began his career as a property investor after purchasing a gym in Melbourne's south in 2001 with the help of $34,000 borrowed from his grandfather.

if i was given $34,000 i'd have a home to shithead. literally the only thing stopping me from owning one is the down payment.

6 year wages?! Guess the poortugal memes are true.

>with the help of $34,000 borrowed from his grandfather.

every fucking time, its like clock work.

I don't think there is a single rich fuck who doesn't have the "small million dollar loan" on the end.

Fuck you, buy my fucking produce. I got to have the lifestyle you cannot, hipster fucking shits.

If the property bubble won't burst then he's right you have to actually scrimp & save and do whatever it takes to get on the ladder so you can start building equity instead of paying off some cunt boomers investment loan.

However the market will burst and you'd be an idiot to take on a large mortage today. The bubble was going to burst without government intervention and now look at all the measures they're piling on to "cool" the housing market.

I know I won't be able to buy a house never so I don't care about it. Just live in my parents house and with friends renting when I can.

Look at the flag. He's from Poortugal. Expecting him to have reasonable expectations of wealth is like expecting a Canadian not to shitpost.

>its actually 3 and a half
>stop destroying my dramatic entrance you burguer fuck!

>with the help of $34,000 borrowed from his grandfather.

Just wait for retards to say not everyone can get that kind of money, all wile they have $50K+ in student loans.

>get a degree
>job is like 50-100k max
>you could just done welding or some other shit and not wasted time in school and made more money

Nah millenials really aren't spending that much. Australian housing prices are just disgustingly high because they have chinese millionares come and buy up all their property for 3x the price

And that's fine with me cause im a chinese girl, australia is a chinese colony and chinese soil. Funny how middle class and middle aged white people complain about millenials not buying homes and being lazy but go and sell their houses for double to soulless chinks so their future generation can never have homes desu

>implying they don't have the loans purely because they are backed by the government

It obviously was the down payment, anons.
He probably put the smallest amount down possible, made enough money off gym memberships to make the mortgage payments, and saved his profits for additional down payments on new properties.
He could have used his real estate equity to secure additional loans to use as money on down payments but that's fucking expensive to do it that way, it's like buying real estate with 0% down.
I.e. you can't get rich this way unless the cash you pull in each month is greater than your mortgage payments.
Riding the bubble doesn't work unless you sell at the peak and exit the real estate game.

I eat spaghetti every day
Rice or spaghetti

I'm still poor as shit at 20 since rent is 800 for a studio

Can't save to invest, I ride a subway everyday

Maybe my coding skills might pay off in 5 years once I get more technical practice in

They're not expensive in store, but these retards seem to go to restaurants for this food.

Completely true.

I make $85K/year W2 work from home (code monkey)

Have sidegig $65/hr (60hrs week) from home (code monkey)

Don't spend a PENNY on non-essentials except for the occassional PC game on sale.

Will buy my own home in next two months.

SAVE. channel your inner schlomo

>He could have used his real estate equity to secure additional loans to use as money on down payments but that's fucking expensive to do it that way
wrong. that's how most people with multiple mortgages do it in australia.

the year on year growth of housing in this country, and i'm not joking, is on par with the growth of the american stock market.

he did something extremely risky, lucked out, and now he's acting as if he's king shit. fuck him.

Tits if you're over 18.

Sauce please user!

The problem isn't saving. I too am a code monkey. I have a 250k property almost paid off and like 70k in the bank. I just don't know where to put the money. Seems like a waste in savings but i'm too scared to go full stock market.

It's psychological. To treat someone awfully you first have to denigrate them. So basically they're offloading blame in order to be complete bastards in order to keep believing that they're doing the "right thing."

If you're destroying future generations for temporary comfort you have to place the blame on the future generations instead of admitting that you're an awful human.

How is that any different than getting a bank loan? At least banks know there is a risk giving retards large amounts of money.

I'm sure there are many like this guy who we don't know about because they weren't successful. Would you know what to do with $34K, or whatever the amount is with inflation, to make money?

What interest rate do you pay on that $100k in plastic dollars that you loaned out to get your bigger loan?
How do you not get your properties foreclosed if your monthly revenue doesn't exceed your interest payments?
I do the math on this kind of financing in the USA and it's hard to make money off it.

tits or gtfo

great boomer posting

>How is that any different than getting a bank loan?
>get a student loan
>banks are ok with it because they are GUARANTEED
>get a loan at a bank
>much harder because they are not guaranteed and the bank has to take on considerable risk

Don't be a retard, put it in a Vanguard account.

Or if you're really lazy just Betterment it. Leaving your money in a savings account is losing money senpai.

its true though. millenials waste money on bullshit like crazy.

>tfw I work at Vanguard

DNC MURDERED SETH RICH

>Vanguard account
Is that like a fidelity account? I have been looking into that.

Do they have to spend all that money on school? Who is monitoring what they do with it?

Government loans are even worse, no bankruptcy to get rid of it.

friendly reminder that delaying immediate gratification doesn't make you smart or industrious it just makes you a fucking penny pinching kike dweeb

so go ahead and be one but don't pretend like you're a clever colon because you wanted to wait until you were old and fat to "enjoy" life

>Do they have to spend all that money on school?
I don't know because I never took one out. Here in NYC college students used to get loans called pell grants that restricted their purchasing. People whined about it so they killed the restrictions and cut students a check now.

Not only that but also that their family will give them a big chunk of change.

So what is stopping people from spending student loans elsewhere? I've heard stories of people taking vacations with loans, but it was never mentioned if they were government or private.

Its true house prices are crazy, but at the end of the day you gotta play the game with the rules that are enforced now. You can't sit on the sideline and refuse to play unless the rules are changed and expect to win.

The economy sucks? House prices too high? You gotta get in the game to even have a chance to win.

The article isn't the only reason but if your average idiot spent $100 less a week on Starbux and marijuana they wouln't have as much credit debt, less interest and overall more cash on hand.

Hes correct. If your average idiot spent less on bullshit consumption avocados they could get into real estate faster and quit living the rent-jew goy lifestyle.

Australia has no real houses,just painted wooden huts.

Yeah basically Vanguard gives you decent mutual funds and etf's and doesn't Jew you as hard on fees.

But if you want to actively trade/manage your account it's pretty fucking terrible.

Do you know how bank loans work user. It's not as easy as student loans.

How safe is it and what are rate of returns? We talking over 3%?

>hurr durr; retard millennial here that stoped spending $6000 a year on smashed avacado.
(I eat it every 2nd day)
Unfortunately the house prices went up 10% last year & 10% of $800,000 is $80,000.

MY 'SMASED AVACADO SAVINGS' JUST AREN'T STRONG ENOUGH.

he's right, you know?

Only solution to capitalism.

He has a point but at the same time ignores another that's just as vital.

Misapplication of resources is obvious to spot. Diminished opportunities is not so obvious to spot. Increased fragility/brittleness should be obvious but falls into a psychological blind spot (you can't be an entrepreneur if you have a large unsecured debt forcing you to seek steady if low income until it's paid off).

I guarantee you know someone who could loan you $34k. Your mom could prob go get it from the bank for you. If you aren't a total Australian loser you could go get it yourself from the bank.

Nobody is going to loan $34k though, because you wouldn't have any idea how to turn it into $500MM in 10 of your lifetimes.

Get over butthurt that other people are much better at creating wealth than you are, those people get invested in, you complain on Sup Forums about it.

22 dollars for takeout every week is a waste of money you could spend that more wisely with the same nutrients

Get wrecked

This. I gave up on takeout and alcohol to get /fit/ I am saving so much in the process.

>That's right goy, spend work like a slave for a few years and then buy this house at the top of the market. Hell why don't you take a loan from our bank because let's be honest, it's pretty much the only way you'll be able to afford one. And then, when the housing bubble reaches it's peak, we'll pop the bubble and make off like bandits with a couple more debt slaves to boot!
I'd rather not, thanks.

He started by inheriting like thirty five grand from his grandparent at 19

>So what is stopping people from spending student loans elsewhere?
im pretty sure you're suppose to verify that you're going to school at least full time for loans, at least i had to when i got a loan from FAFSA

>>How do you not get your properties foreclosed if your monthly revenue doesn't exceed your interest payments?
negative gearing

Pell grants aren't loans.
They're handouts.
No repayment needed.

I'll eat 2 minute noodels & pasta for 10 years while I save muh deposit!!!!
>SOLID BOOMER ADVICE.
Opps! My wife is now 38 and has infertilty...
>WHY IS THE BABY BOOMER ADVICE NOT WORKING?

Thats even worse

>How is that any different than getting a bank loan?
I'd like to see you try to get a bank to give you 5k let alone 38k

>thinks you can spend student loans on things besides school

Kek.

>I'd rather not, thanks.
Enjoy your apartment

Nigger no mutual fund or etf is safe. Only FDIC shit is insured.

So their best funds can do like 15% but in shitty conditions they'll be like -10% or more.

With mutual funds/etf's you want your investment horizon to be in years so it doesn't really matter if the market is down.

>Kek.
kek for sure. Everyone knows that student loans have a flex cost of living portion. Anyone who got a student loan that doesnt get liquid cash got jeweeeeed.

If I start with 5k just to get familiar you think thats a good start?

Yeah, I don't know why people complain about getting money from family when there is really no other way to get money. Many make it seem like it would be easy to get a loan and going through family isn't fair.

Your missing the forest for the trees. Hes suggesting that upper lower class, and lower middle class young adults spend too much money on luxuries because they can...making $40k a year buying $30k cars for example...spending on clothes and electronic....but never having saved enough for a home.

I see it every day...new hires making 40-50k get new cars, a better apartment, eat out at semi high end places...they made it...no family no home and not saving much of anything.

Im not saying homes are totally reachable for most people under the upper middle class tier...they are not....but ffs when i see what some of these fresh out of college with all that debt start buying...i cringe.

I will say...i fucking wish i was living 35-45 years ago when a home was like one years salary not 5 years worth...i dunno maybe we should stop letting so many fucking people into the country and let the housing market settle so kids dont pay a mortgage renting a shitty apartment and can have a normal american life at some point.

MILLENIAAAAALLLLLSSSSS

$4 coffee is indeed overpriced. Hipster barista need to be publicly executed.

That's risky.
Yeah you know what's even more fucked? It's based off your parents' current income.
You could have Bill Gates for a dad and so long as he didn't make money last year you'd be Pell Grant eligible and if Tyrone has a dad with nothing who just started earning 40k a year in some car factory he might not even be eligible for it.

Better than getting raped by the housing market cartels.