Would rural America survive without cities?

I work in a kitchen and am friends with one of the cooks who is genuinely a nice, cool dude, but today had the displeasure of learning how blue pilled he is

>peelin' beans
>"only a matter of time until trump is impeached user
>carefully hiding my identitarian proclivities
>mention Berlin/Patton saying we shouldn't have let the Russians have it
>Say we aren't at war with Russia
>Obama exec. order clears Trump of anything regarding sharing info. with Russia
>He tells me Flynn will be the downfall
>Lose it and tell him "If the Democrats sole platform is to flood the whitest parts of America with refugees, this country is going to split m8"

He then tells me that rural America would not survive without the $$$ from big liberal cities. I say "but muh corn and beef", to which he replies that the cities will simply "get it from somewhere else"

Can a kind user fill me in on the macro geopolitic of how well the rustbelt/northmidwest/northwest America would do if they were "cut off" from majorly populated cities?

I basically said I felt that the cities wouldn't last long without the heartland.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk
instagram.com/p/BUMbpwWDiGz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"get it from somewhere else"

Yeah I laughed internally too but I'm not trying to be a dick to the people I work with

Rural VA here. All our infrastructure is paid for by the cities yet our school kids eat much much better due to local farms. Giving up muh roads and bridges would be easy but they'd have to give up fresh foods. We also have a much closer community. Everyone looks out for each other. Like when my neighbors dog got loose last week and within an hour there were 30 people out innawoods hollering Peanut. Not even mentioning we all got guns and more importantly use them regularly.

We'll be good.

>all of the important shit, including our economy, is paid for by the city
>but we eat and shoot so we're good

ecks dee

The government will just print up some money, and they can buy food in the store. That guy was an idiot. The red states grow the food, have the factories, have the oil....the blue produce nothing but worthless degrees, bankers, insurance guys, and office drones. They produce absolutely nothing. The only reason we feed them is that the laws were written in such a way that we are forced to support these parasites.

Rural America would survive without cities. Cities would not survive without rural America.

For every person in that city you need x amount of land to grow the food. You need x amount of building materials. You need x amount of energy production.

He's right that a city could theoretically import all of it but it would carry a huge cost.

>Everyone looks out for each other.
except the (((blaxicanasians)))

White power!

You don't know what a co-op is do you?
Currently growing veggies for semifree access to eggs and meat.
> I contribute
> you contribute
Not to mention all I'd have to do is ask if I couldn't contribute. Like I said, we look out for each other.
> other important shit
It'll fucked anyway when shit hits.

>implying that america isn't the world's leading importer of foods
>implying that america isn't one of the world's leading importers of construction material
>implying most of America's food and construction material comes from the rural areas
>implying rural areas can sustain economies without trade to cities and ports that peddle their products
>implying that most rural farm land isn't controlled by massive corps like MONSANTO

try again

youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Yes

Cities wouldn't survive without rural areas, or at best, they'd lose a lot of money shipping in food and supplies from overseas.

Nah. Aside from the H1B2s the rest have adopted our ways. But there aren't many so kind of had to.

>without rural america the cities starve to death
I wish you city fags all dead

That's all dependent on muh petrodollar which isn't completely guaranteed. In a "survival scenario" without that currency imbalance it would be prohibitively expensive.

If you're only looking out for your own why would you peddle?

I mean isn't really simple to see strategically?

Live out in rural America you can easily jar up shit load of food, and work with your community to distribute farm goods, all easily and peacefully achieved because of a thoroughbred work ethic and CULTURAL HOMOGENEITY.

The resources needed to survive are extremely scarce in cities. The shelves would empty over-night and not be restocked. You'd have like 1000x the competition per square foot to defend yourself and your means of survival.

Liberals seem to have this idea that in 10 years our president will be a black trans muslim who also single handedly will create an android army to do all the important jobs for city parasites rather than having to rely on white men.

Kek

Explain how a co-op would work built around a farm sustained by a massive corporate-agricultural complex that depends on cities. Also, please explain how rural areas, which are increasingly unproductive, would be able to sustain local economies and remain cohesive. Also explain why most rural communities still buy consumer goods, and do not depend on farm food for sustenance (most small towns have a Walmart or other such grocery store. Small commercial plazas are an increasingly dominant trade in small-scale American economies.)

And furthermore the "rural America" is now just replaced with "rural China" or "rural South America."

The ratios of land needed per population remain pretty much the same.

Now if this is a pissing contest between muh rural and suburban retards then go wave your dick around somewhere else.

Why are you making this about liberalism? I'm not even liberal, it's just been a plain fact about the American economy that rural towns have sustained themselves on commerce provided by coastal and urban centers. . . Rural cities, as we know them, could not exist in the modern world without a connection to the outside commercial complex. It literally doesn't make sense.

Smaller farms that don't have cities depending on them.

Next question.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? I can't really tell, you don't really seem to be saying anything.

I'm just using it as a buzzword desu no intentions

Less than 1% of the population is actually in agriculture OP. Combines drive themselves with GPS. The reality doesn't even matter, as far as the left is concerned, all labor is by migrant workers, so they're willing to completely dismiss rural communities. Thank god the US has a representative democracy.

Wait. They did before but can't now? Come to Basey VA my friend.

Robots are taking farm jobs. In a decade, rural America will be gone. Ironically, all those rural conservatives that learned to hate libs, will move to cities and realize immigrants aren't the problem in this country.

Mein negro!

>Why are you making this about liberalism?

Because there's a huge divide in voting patterns.

Cities couldn't survive one week without police protection. If a civil war did break out, how exactly would cops keep the niggers from doing their nigging, while simultaneously defending a huge population of unarmed cucks, from the rural soldiers?

He must be assuming the federal military will protect them, but fails to understand that the military are mostly rural dwellers who would side with their families and neighbors over the urban folks who literally HATE the military (and the police).

The rural side could win the war by simply playing defense while the urbanites teamkill eachother.

But large farms don't ship to entire cities. You're imagining a world where a single massive farm can provide for an enclave of people, when large corporations run thousands of different large-scale farms across the country. Small scale farms, which are typically sustenance farms, do exist, but cannot in and of themselves sustain economies -- they sustain families, not communities or villages. Most rural towns aren't villages, they're extended suburbs with ~5,000 people; mini-cities, with small-scale commercial plazas and small-scale industry. The rural farm towns of yesteryear exist no more, so I'm not even sure what you're referencing anymore.

Better question is how would it survive without ag subsidies and when will it finally succumb to meth and heroin?

>this country is going to split m8
we don't say m8 in America you fucking larper bong

instagram.com/p/BUMbpwWDiGz/

hell yeah rural america is where its at

>"get it from somewhere else"
lmao
City dwellers deserve their fate.

Rural places would survive and cities woudn't, rual people might not be able to buy a new i-phone or a get a new f-150 but city preople would starve without becoming as poor as the rural people would be.

Damn, this is woke

We need to push the narrative of U.S.A being great because our representative democracy protects minorities(e.g. protects whites from forced genetic dilution)

Let me ask you a question: is there a Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS or another large retailer in your small town? Have you ever bought groceries from them? Do you drive a car? Do you buy gas? Do you have wifi? Where did you get your computer? You see where this is going.

One major cultural advantage that rural dwellers have is a DIY attitude. People in rural areas are much more likely to do things themselves rather than paying someone else to do it. This means that small communities, as a collective, possess the skills needed to sustain themselves.

Eh, some rural people *might* survive. People with access to their own farms and personal territory; but rural communities, which are more like extended suburbs, would mostly collapse.

As if the kids eat farm to table in school

...FOH

Look at per capita statistics, you dumb piece of shit.

The US imports somewhere around 130 billions in food. Let's ignore the fact that we're importing expensive things from around the world because we're extremely wealthy, and have a massive upper class.

Germany, by comparison imports around 100 billion in food a year.

We have over 300 million people. Germany has about 80.

Some quick napkin math should show you why you're a moron.

Other way around op

That's a misconception. It's based on the view that rural America still resembles the frontier lands that we imagine when we think about agrarian societies. The rural America of today is as deeply dependent on commercial, consumer grade products as the average American.

Muh soylent

>mongoloids ITT actually think cities would survive and not become death traps within a week and that rural areas wouldn't survive.
Remind me again which places the people still live closer to the earth, know how to farm/can food, have root cellars and know their neighbors?
Fucking delusional city cucks, you'll all be dailing 911 non stop until a groid assfucks you and puts you down for a can of pabst blue ribbon

Why are you getting personally offended? The simple fact is that the US is one of the world's leading food importer. To dispel your argument, China's population dwarfs ours but has a per capita spending that is also smaller than our population. They have a growing middle class and their farmlands are increasingly running dry, forcing them to depend on places like Vietnam for their food.

>implying america isn't also the world's leading exporter of foods

NO. I live where a large number of small farms can and do sustain a large portion of our community.
> farm to table
Isn't new it's Benn the way of life in Appalachia for centuries.

Rural America will be more than fine. We don't need big daddy government and we don't need city losers. If anything we're the ones who would ultimately benefit. One room schoolhouses and community doctors might become a thing again but power at the local level is better anyway.

>US is one of the world's leading food importer.
are you fucking retarded? The U.S. is the largest food exporter in the world, without our so called 'bread basket' half the world would starve

Yeah but it would be incrediby poor. The smart city people can easily import food from other countries like we do in the uk.

>HURR CITIES CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT RURAL AREAS
>cities treat rural areas like shit
>rural folk feel left out of society
>radicalize
>infrastructure destruction, highways littered with IED's
>City folk scared to leave cities because "muh rednecks inna boonies"
>Rural areas contain huge swaths of the energy corridors for the US
>cut the cables
>within 2 days, cities are full of rioters looking for food and water
>civilization crumbles while cleetus and charlene make a batch of sweet tea

MUH CITIES

yea but shout out for being the targets for terrorists citylitter cucks

Nigga, we have so much food we BURN it!

>implying that most of America's exported food comes from local farms, not massive conglomerate MONSANTO run farms

keep trying

All of human history disagrees with you.
Maybe you'll be right this time around though :^)

>implying that most of America's exported food comes from local farms, not massive conglomerate MONSANTO run farms

Did he say what if there was a war between the states? Like what might happen then anyway?

>city people could outsmart stupid hicks easily

That may be true, the quality of life would not be as good for either group. But cities would have much more dead weight and would quickly begin eating their own.

Here take a /k/post

You addressed the first part of my argument there, but not the second part

yep move the goal posts because you've been outed as a fucking retard

Rural WI here, Most of the people I know where I live are more self sufficient than people who live in cities. I have lived a rural area for almost 30 years, everyone here hunts, gardens and fishes. There are people here who know how to preserve food until spring without a freezer or canning. We are the true America that everyone talks about, flood our rural towns with refugees and you will get a place like Pottsville. People who live in cities live in convince. They have access to everything they could ever want. People who live in a rural areas have to make their own shit and when the go to the store they try not to fucking buy a lot of shit, because rural Americans have no money where I live. Plus we all look out for each other a lot of the time.city people I have met aren't really friendly they always need to be fucking somewhere and drive like assholes. Plus Cities would be fucked if the farmers in Rural America stop producing bullshit for the Vegans inside the cities. Have fun dealing with self-aggrandizing half starved vegans.

I can agree with that. People here seem to be arguing that all rural Americans are hyper-agrarian strongmen that can take whatever's comin' -- that simply isn't true.

>yep move the goal posts because you've been outed as a fucking retard
It's what I've been arguing since the beginning, lol. Look at my second comment on this thread. Keep getting mad an at internet conversation, though.

Yeah, what are you doing on Sup Forums? Can you post your internet speeds?

tell him ruralites can lay fucking seige to cities and niggers and spics will destroy the cities on their own.

Rural America would hurt but nowhere near on the level the cities will. Rural America can adapt to the change easier too.

The only danger rural America would be in without cities is being buried under all the food they grow.

City people, meanwhile, think food really does spring into existence on supermarket shelves just by waving money at them, and have convinced themselves nothing bad could possibly come from destroying rural America and their primitive, stupid, blood- and pesticide-drenched farms.

> we don't need farms, we have money
> we don't need gas, we ride the bus

In chicago everyone I know owns or can find a gun fast. Nobody is going to put put up with bullshit. Even the military would have a hard time coming here and telling us not to shoot niggers that step out of line on a mass scale.

I wish I save the Willis comic about cityfags vs rurualfags when SHTF
It's perfect for this thread

>muh farmland
>muh food supply
>muh military support

you Dixie whistling retards sure are slow learners, huh?

What part of "Total failure, defeat, and humiliation" do you not understand?

See, I doubt that. If you look at the majority of rural America, they're just small suburbs with commercial centers as the nucleus of their economy, particularly in Southern states like Florida. Without their connection to larger commercial players, small towns like Mount Dora, Apalachicola, etc. would lose their centers, and would probably disintegrate.

Rural America makes up more than just the south or do you need to borrow a map? Even hyper liberal states like California has rural areas.

Rural Alaskan subsistence hunter here, fuck city slickers. They wouldn't last a day in our shoes but any mongoloid can survive in a metropolitan area. Pic related is my car.

We learned, this time it's not North vs. South, it's Cities vs. Everyone else.

Why do we need their money?
We can take care of ourselves just fine and we can also cut them off from other cities.
Your friend is a complete retard.

Your friends are fucking idiots that make countries like mine immensely rich

>"all of the important shit"
>"eat and shoot"
>pick one

You realize there are rural places outside of the south, right?
If SHTF cities will be violent and bloody. Highways get full of cars that get abandoned and trucks (with your food) stop coming. Grocery stores become a madhouse scramble for what's left on the shelf and slowly you resort to cannibalism. It has played out numerous times throughout history. Are you prepared for that little yuppie bitch?

The South is a good example, but rural areas in places like California are normally small-scale commercial economies -- surburbs that are run like miniature cities. Increasingly, these kinds of towns are coming to represent the majority of "rural" America. So, you need to distinguish between agrarian rural America and suburban rural America when you have conversations about this, otherwise you sound like an absolutist idiot.

how are these "city slickers only" things?

I dont understand you argument. Your saying rural farmers could not survive without a robust city, yet iv seen PLENTY of walmarts in rural areas. Iv been deep into Wisconsin for hunting, surprise surprise I could find a walmart in minutes.

What are you implying rural means? You mean people who live in bumblefuck no where that drive 45 minutes to a grocery store?

Actually Rural America would do quite well without the fucktards from the cities. Cities surviving without the support of rural America.......not so much.

>people in this thread literally believe fiat currency holds more intrinsic value than actual commodities

>people in this thread literally don't understand the causal link between actual value and power

>people in this thread literally don't understand that he who controls the spice controls the universe

>It has played out numerous times throughout history

TIL romans had walmart and drove kias

most inner cities are

Beat me to it. Kek.

That's suburban America, not rural. Even then suburban America is still less retarded than those in large metropolitan areas. Rural America will be more than fine when it comes to things like food and water. If anything was going to be an issue it'd possibly be access to medicine and doctors than anything.

This.
The bigger the city the more fucked you are.
Cities get sieged.

That's not my argument, it's a counter to the claim that my comment is replying to; the comment suggests that America gets most of its stuff from the rural agrarian areas, when that simply isn't true.

But I think you knew that, you were just trying to attack a strawman.

all of these posts are you and they are enough to out you as a thorough dipshit.

Is Walmart magic?
Are you a fucking child?

You're a complete fucking idiot. Naive men like you die first when the collapse comes.

Cities DEPEND on trucks to feed them. If you stop the trucks you die. It's literally that simple.
>b-but m-muh urban farming
Good luck feeding a city of millions on that pipedream

> cities empty out
>army rampages, rapes, purges and pillages any rural town it comes across

Are YOU?

>all these posts about muh food when all major cities have port access

You know what else is produced in rural America, but can't be imported on ships?

Electricity.

fpbp
globalists live in a fantasyland where economics is a cultural issue

They ate imported food and depended heavily on their road networks and seaports.

so did they find Peanut?

Witnessed, but still....

A