Star Trek:Discovery Trailer Is Up, And It's Deliciously Diverse

Sorry white people.

Female POC captain. Trumpies are not going to like this new series.

youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk
youtube.com/watch?v=n6NPq_kPSUM
youtube.com/watch?v=jp3OhC3NoMk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gd5yB9Vmd6I
youtu.be/1Cy9HeM8QQc
youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>And It's Deliciously Diverse

That's literally the whole point of Star Trek

Arab/Hispanic here... trailer looks like Poo and we all know they only put the best scenes in trailers... so you know

looks pretty good. i can't wait for some visionary like elon musk to take us to other star systems. we'll have a society with no racism, crime, poverty or need for money unless we are trading with aliens. we'll have replicators too so earth will be a post scarcity economy

The main character is a black chick named "Michael".

WTF.

>pre-tos
into the trash it goes

At 1:33 wtf is that? A black asian vulcan?

this is going to cover the great klingon war. maybe we'll see a baby worf fighting a klingon teddy bear or something

>POC
You misspelled nigger.

vulblasian is the correct term

Video not available.

The guy who started Star Trek was the original SJW

There's nothing wrong with this. Looks good btw

Star Trek has always been that way.
Are you retarded?

BAN THIS FAGGOT

Anyone who responds to OP's bait is underraged

yawn, why is this here? go to Sup Forums

>autistic black female captain
Is she also going to be lesbian or trans?

the video was made private or some shit because its not available

Captain Kirk dominated space pussy of all flavors.

>Diversity
>Diversity in StarTrek

This is nothing new, this has been one of the major things about StarTrek since it debued. Granted it has evolved from having token characters to a full blown mixture of "diversity".

There's actually going to be a White British Male captain. They didn't show him in the trailer at all.

Presumably to preserve the surprise when the asian woman dies at the end of the first episode and he's brought in to replace her

this

I don't mind it all that much, while although it does feel pressed onto the audience, it is star trek....

Not a pansexual xer with gender identity and hair color changing every episode ? It seems hollywood has gone full nazi.

I like this beginning.

It looks like Star Wars. Nobody wants this except SJW's.

Janeway a female captain? I don't give a shit
Sisko a black Commander/Captain, don't give a shit.
Picard an old bald white man, don't give a shit.

What made people not give a shit is their characters and acting. Personally I loved them all.

Hmmm. I hear they are keeping Madame Mao and transferring her to another ship, the Shenzen, while the Poof Limey is being brought into skipper the Discovery.

Another Righteous Black Woman kept down by The Man. Who knew that it was Star TreKKK?

Balding white male captain. Thus proving that no amount of time or technology can cure baldness

ds9 is the best series, and has a black captain

but it was good cause of WRITING not SJW bullshit.

i like blulcan better

Sisko was badass aside from the old school vegas MUH RACISM episodes.

>Pre-TOS

Jesus tapdancing christ why.

>British Captain

So a 'french' guy again. The best part about TNG is when Picard goes back to the French countryside and its entirely populated with British accents.

the wacky situations due to the extreme diversity is what makes star trek great. especially when it's just aliens interacting
youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk

>Muslim
>Federation Citizen

I do have to agree with you, I is fun to watch the original series and next generation because of how well they act.

But it was this fucking scene that made me hate StarTrek for what it truely is, very well made leftist propoganda.

youtube.com/watch?v=jp3OhC3NoMk

>10 years before TOS
>"before the enterprise"
THE ENTERPRISE WAS LAUNCHED IN 2245

KIRK ONLY TOOK COMMAND IN 2265

SO HELP ME FUCK THEY BETTER NOT SCREW UP CANON EVEN MORE

Is this really a bad hairline for a 53 year old man?

"Captain Lorca"
Looks like Britain annexed Spain too

COLONIZED

>post scarcity economy

we could achieve it sooner if we had an all white continent.

Not french this time. Picard learned English in Britain and lived there hence the accent

>Commies in Space
>in pajammas

Voyager was the only thing that is any good. That bald prick, his autistic robot and the rest are the worst.

Fuck, they actually put baby Spock in it?
Your tongue is too human you'll never be vulkan

>Janeway a female captain? I don't give a shit
She was totally a representation of the women's movement but her complete ineptitude made up for it.

>Sisko a black Commander/Captain, don't give a shit.
Because he was american as apple pie and wasn't a worthless woman muslim.

>Picard an old bald white man, don't give a shit.
Why would that ever be bad? The only weird thing about picard is that frenchman with a british accent.

>post scarcity economy
>definition of economy is literally "processes by which scarce resources are allocated to satisfy unlimited wants"
Without scarcity, the economy doesn't exist.

picard was red pilled on religion. he knew that is was complete nonsense

That's not Spock dude, it's the main character. She seems to be half Vulcan, but while Spock went full Vulcan, she went full Human

He has plugs or a good piece. Doesn't matter then anyway

This is the future you choose

Ah thanks, that sounds better.

>post scarcity economy
Kek. Just think of it as a "troll physics" meme

Nopenopenope

And also, mandatory. The source sucks but it makes a point.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gd5yB9Vmd6I

Trash

No one will watch this

In the original Star Trek Kirk made out with a nigger on TV in the 60s

star trek has always been progressive

Whiteness doesn't allow you to break the laws of nature

When Star Trek first came out the entire country wasn't fervently pushing for diversity and inclusion in all appropriate aspects, it was doing the complete opposite, and star trek used moral drama to show another way of thinking.

Star Trek has never been about being validation for a large group, it has always been about challenging large groups, challenging established ways of thinking.

For this show to be star trek, it would have to criticize gender equality, it would have to criticize religion, it would have to criticize not being religious, it would have to criticize hopeful thinking, it would have to criticize a lack of conscientiousness.

Science fiction, like religion, must never seek to become an assemblage of the self-satisfied.

He wasn't an SJW, Roddenberry was an idealist but still a realist. He expects the human race to nearly kill itself in future wars because of irreconcilable differences until there are so few left that they join together to thrive as a species. The only reason the humans can live in peace hundreds of years from now is because of future space technology that solves energy and resource problems for the individual.
Despite human evolution and the efficiency of warp drives and replicators, Star Trek still has a lot of humans and other races vying for power and wanting "more" than others. Most conflicts come as a result of people being greedy assholes.

When it came to the cast of the original series, Roddenberry made them very diverse not for the sake of "diversity", but as a way to symbolize the show's backstory of what remained of the people of earth after they nearly ruined everything. They set aside any differences that they hadn't nuked.

Whether this new show made a black female captain with an asian female number one and whatever other people the core crew for "diversity" or not, it doesn't really matter. Star Trek was a show where race and sex never was a factor among the humans (it would show up as a theme for an episode if some other alien race came around with old prejudices and values)

>Star Trek
daily reminder that yesterday's jokes become today's realities
youtu.be/1Cy9HeM8QQc

It's fiction, the British from the future will jihad the stars for Allah

Who is muslim?

So apparently this is also "alternate timeline" nonsense.

"At the moment, I don't give a damn about Klingon beliefs, rituals, or custom! Now I have given you both a lot of leeway when it comes to following Klingon traditions, but in case you haven't noticed, this is not a Klingon station, and those are not Klingon uniforms you're wearing! There is a limit to how far I'll go to accommodate cultural diversity among my officers, and you've just reached it! When your brother is released from the infirmary, you'd better find another way to settle your family problems. Is that clear?"
-- Captain Benjamin Sisko

Picard is full of shit, possession existed. Piccard had his own saddle, a collection of artifacts he bartered for from around the galaxy and a bunch of other shit

also he "possessed" a larger cabin than lower ranking crew and crew would work hard to gain things like larger quarters and other physical luxuries

in the star trek world rank earns you access to shuttlecraft for vacation, big offices and more holodeck time and other luxuries

He was a realist in a lot of ways but he had one fundamentally flawed axiom that a lot of popular science promoters in the last century have had. The correlation between intelligence and conscientiousness.

We all know that isn't true. Higher intelligence does not correlate with higher degrees of responsibility, if anything we observe the opposite in people.

So everything we say about a technocratic future being self-perpetuating is wrong. Everything we say about spacefaring alien species being benevolent is wrong.

I goddamned wish someone would have told Carl Sagan that before he affixed this lovingly-crafted Bullseye to our backs.

what a racist Nazi, fuck these Hitlers
space is black and beautiful and there is no place for these white supremacists

You are obviously not a Star Trek fan. There has already been a black man -Sisko, Deep Space Nine- in charge of an entire space station, and a female captain - Janeway, Voyager. Touting diversity of an already diverse cast of characters only shows your ignorance of the entire franchise. Fuck off.
If anything shitty writing and political agendas will tank it. It takes smart writers to get in the philosophical head space that is Star Trek, and SJWs don't cut it.
But we can still hope, though some of that dialog in the trailer is a bit heavy handed.

Welp. I'm no longer interested.

I was really supportive of this show and I don't give a shit about all the ethnic casting.

Sisko is one of the best captains in Star Trek. I don't think anyone can fault the actors performance there. I have no problem with ethnic casting. If it's done well.

The main girl seems boring. She was cast because she's black + pretty. Not because she can actually act. She has no stage presence. She's not interesting. She's just a pretty face.

The Chinese Captain is likewise. She's going to talk slowly and say really zen things. You can already tell exactly what her character is going to be like. The older wise Chinese lady who speaks little but says a lot. It's an archetype.

It just doesn't seem interesting to me at all.

Star Trek is a character driven show.

Did we care about Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Checkov, Sulu? We did.

Did we care about Picard, Riker, Data, Geordie, Worf? We did.

Did we care about Sisko, Kiera, Obrien, Quark, Odo, Bashir, etc? We did.

Star Trek HAS to have really well written personalities. And that's why the Star Trek reboot movies were so shit. The characters were cardboard cutouts. They were stereotypes of what those characters should actually be like. They were cartoon characters.

These new Star Trek characters also present as cartoon characters.

Just do this in your head. Imagine the exact same trailer. The exact same dialog. But it's animated. It's for a new Star Trek saturday morning cartoon to compete with Star Wars Rebels. What fits better in your head? This trailer, or the animated trailer?

This is Star Trek: The Cartoon. With a really high live action budget.

I wouldn't worry about it since that thing is 0.002 light years away from us

Anybody who stumbles on it would already be practically staring directly at Earth

It's like if there was a naked woman spread eagle on your bed and you walked in the room and were shocked because you discovered a discarded bra on the floor

my god, get a life

OP, I don't remember the name of the last movie they made, nor did I watch it. But I watched the trailer, and saw young Kirk and what I presume was young Spock driving a car at high speed while listening to Rage against the machine.

I even like Rage - but not in my Star Trek. The white actors didn't matter. It was obviously a bad movie.

To be honest, it's exciting to imagine a black, female captain. It's Star Trek - it's a multi-cultural fantasy, not reality. I wouldn't like Star Trek if I didn't like multikult in my fiction. Different tropes. But I know they'll ruin it with BLM-tier trash.

I-I don't see a single FUCKING WHITE MALE!

>For this show to be star trek, it would have to criticize gender equality,

sure bro

Star Trek was always about Diversity, why would you point the most obvious thing out?

Wait, I didn't see one white person in that trailer........

>not available
holy shit they already removed it.

a meritocracy. that is how it should be

>the new captain slaps your gfs ass

What do you do

this, wtf happened?

Janeway was awful but Sisko was the man.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

Nah, he's got a point. How can a show continue to be transgressive and groundbreaking to society if it's just a circlejerk of shit everybody already mildly approves of?

Now Sense8, that show knows how to push buttons. This has to be the '10s equivalent of Shatner kissing Uhura.

I think it's just country restricted. find it somewhere else.

>OP, I don't remember the name of the last movie they made, nor did I watch it. But I watched the trailer, and saw young Kirk and what I presume was young Spock driving a car at high speed while listening to Rage against the machine.
>I even like Rage - but not in my Star Trek. The white actors didn't matter. It was obviously a bad movie.

That particular movie was not a Star Trek movie, it was just a sci fi movie about fighting a bad guy that used the names of star trek characters

>atheist
>redpilled
L
O
L

Genocide is ok if it's a black man that does it

Oh i know. But considering that the consequence is the destruction of the surface of the earth, it's hard not to be annoyed with sagan's ignorance.

You knew this was shit when the goddamn company cared more about "licence" "rights" and fucked over a self-funded fan produced continuation of TOS scripts and even multiple post voyager/nemesis series that actually expanded the story and technology. (i.e. singularity transporters ala Portal. YES one of the FAN series actually had a PORTAL transporter and it was epic) fuck paramount, fuck "jewjewverse", fuck not letting actual people who give a fuck actualy do a better job.

looks amazing... actually.

Looks kinda shit.
I mean, the only thing of interest is the Klingon war. Is that all the show has?
Star Trek was about seeing weird new places and species. This Star Trek is called discovery. ... Where's the discovery?

This is some studio capitalizing on JJ trek.

I might change my mind when I actually see the show, but until then I don't think it looks good at all.

Seth McFarlane's new show looks better
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0

What a waste. Cool uniforms and set design ruined by muh stronk rianna capt.....wtf mayne.... dropped.

WOMEN DONT WATCH STAR TREK. maybe like 10 actual do...

t. Jacob Zuma

I would have to agree

Thanks to unlimited energy and replication technology what counts as a scarce resource in Star Trek is dramatically changed. What counts as currency in the new star trek economy is prestige and recognition by their peers.

>They are letting him make another show
Oh for fucks sake

Christopher Pike was captaining while this show is supposedly happening.

He was committing white genocide before white genocide was cool

You think TAHTS bad, remember the time a Borg assimilated a Kit and made the first Cylon?

>people watch star trek for the graphics

The uniforms are triggering my autism, they got literally every detail wrong. The set design is fuck awful too.

None of it is Trek.