I Want to Become Christian, Which Sect Should I Join?

I'm in between Lutheranism and Catholicism at the moment and I'm just wondering what the best option likely is? All my friends are atheist for the most part with some light Catholics, my parents are agnostic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtu.be/MzrVCdtJ1WQ
youtu.be/rEQbWM_kCM0
youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI
youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g
youtube.com/watch?v=MLggDBo1wqk
kingjamesbibleonline.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=pqFKK7V8XMc
youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-5-1_5-48/
traditio.com/
fisheaters.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECO_(denomination)#Beliefs
youtube.com/watch?v=8OuWTImhBt4
youtube.com/watch?v=83nRX_gRZaw
discord.gg/Kkuxw2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All Catholics are "light Catholics;" they can literally just bribe their priests for forgiveness.

Byzantine Catholicism

If you tell us why you think Christianity is true it will be easier to discuss denominations.

>Which Sect Should I Join?
the right one, dummy
choose wrong and you go to hell

Comprehensive History of the Reformation
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

I want to join christianity in order to
A. establish a connection with a wholesome community. One to make friends with, one to help out and feel belonging in, one to potentially find a wife in that's of decent stalk.

B. I want to go to a church to learn about Jesus's message and the bible, one that will teach me lessons that will help me grow as a person and lead a better and more dignified life. That's why I'm hesitant about Catholicism. Seems more about the rituals and tradition than teaching.

C. I want to be helped in life by Jesus and follow what God wants but simultaneously have a place to seek forgiveness when I fuck that up and can try again. A place that will always be there.

Don't listen to the other morons. Just follow which sect you connect the best too but since I'm catholic I'm obligated to try and convert you.

I guarantee this idiot is a brainwashed Catholic.
>you can have faith in Jesus and go to hell
You call the Lord a liar. OP, do not be a Catholic.
>They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household." - acts 16:31
>If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. - romans 10:9
>Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; - john 11:25
>Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. - mark 16:16

In the catholic church, do they preach nearly as much as other denominations and teach you useful things? As the few times I went it seems like all they mainly focused on was the Eucharist and the tradition and the priest spent hardly ten minutes on the liturgy. The part where the priest talks about the gospel. I met a catholic lady who said she wished the priest didn't even talk about the gospel but just gave out the Eucharist, did the chants and prayers, and ended mass. Maybe I've just had bad interactions.

Catholics are the only real christains

Not even a quetion m8

also proof of God:

>In the catholic """church"""
Do not listen to this brainwashed idiot, OP.

Catholics are all satanists larping as Christians. It's one of only two reasons they have such animosity for Protestants - the other being denial of truth - an animosity not reciprocated by the vast majority of Protestants.

Catholics idolize and pray to men and angels, believe the clearly anti-Christian pope is an incarnation of God on earth, believe in paying literal money to priests for forgiveness of sins, believe priests, not just God, can forgive people, and believe, as they are told, that people need these priests to read the bible for them else they can't understand it. If you were to read the bible, you'd understand all of this is sinful and anti-biblical.

Protestants read the bible themselves and work to understand it with each other, because we believe that no man is inherently godlier than another due to arbitrary titles, and worship only God in accordance with His actual word, not in accordance with the word of the local child-molesting priest.

The pope:
>Says Islam has the same god
>Says hell isn't real and as long as you lubb god you go to heaven reguardless of sin
>Believes in global warming propaganda
>Says homosexuality isn't a sin
>Speaks openly against nationalist movements
>Blesses gay marriage
>Absolves abortion

The problem I have with Catholicism is they tend to fall into legalism. that being said, you should attempt to connect to a community and go with whichever church you feel most inspired by

Orthodox are the only real Christians

But really though not Cuckolick or Orthofag

youtu.be/MzrVCdtJ1WQ
youtu.be/rEQbWM_kCM0

i think catholicism is the best one

Baptists are the only real Christians

This. Catholicism is shit tier Christianity with "muh chosen people" ingrained just like the Jews. They think they are the only good people on Earth which is just stupid desu

dude, the pope is retarded and the vatican has been compromised by power hungry heathens, but catholicism is still the best. catholics don't hate protestants, i think it's the other way around.

Mormons are the only real Christians

Just read the bible and put your faith into its teachings. Joining a denomination will always include people with clouded judgement, espousing their ill-minded opinions about God's word. Humans are fallible, the teachings of the Lord are not.

Unironically go to your nearest mega church

christian identity

>>and as long as you lubb god you go to heaven reguardless of sin
I think francis said as long as you do works you go to Heaven if if your not a Christian. Also in the bible it mentions many times you're saved by faith not works. I'll link to some

Episcopalian is the correct answer. We're basically half-catholic.

>Acts 16:31: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
>Romans 1:17-18: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
>Romans 3:28: Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
>Romans 4:5: But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
>Romans 5:1: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
>Romans 10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
>Romans 11:6: And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
>Romans 14:23: …for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
>1 Corinthians 1:21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
>Galatians 2:16: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
>Galatians 2:21: I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
>Galatians 3:8: And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

It sucks that my family is atheist and none of my friends are really religious as I'd have to go to a church all by myself, new to the game. How do you best meet people there? What sect is likely more warm to new comers, especially from an atheist background?

>Galatians 5:4-5: Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
>Ephesians 1:13-14: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
>Ephesians 2:8-10: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
>Philippians 3:9: And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
>1Timothy 1:1: Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
>Titus 3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Here are some videos I recommend to Christians, you might like them:

THE OTHER ISRAEL [full documentary]
>youtube.com/watch?v=IJxdIXgMGAI

Who Are God's Chosen People? Marching to Zion FULL MOVIE - Steven Anderson - Paul Wittenberger
>youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc

Identity Crisis- Passion for Truth Ministries
>youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g

Illuminati Exposed - Know Your Enemy (Part 1 - Introduction)
>youtube.com/watch?v=MLggDBo1wqk
I recommend watching all 77 parts. Good Christian videos.

ITT: colossal fags

Christianity is not about sects.

Presbyterianism

Also my family is of a German, specifically Prussian, background. I'm a forth generation immigrant actually. Thats partially part of the reasoning behind Lutheranism. It's what my ancestors were and my grand parents. not muh baby boomer parents, though.

just read the bible
kingjamesbibleonline.org/

The irony is that Catholics believe they can't understand the bible without priests -only- because that's what priests tell them - which is nowhere actually affirmed in the bible. It is deception and manipulation from which can only come evil. You might as well ask if you should become a Mormon.

Good job fixing that pic. I didn't even notice the heresy until aI saw this version. pic related original.

Let's be real here. Each sect is a joke unto itself, just another pack of peoples squabbling over petty differences. The only thing you need to be concerned with is not being a piece of shit and treating people like Jesus said you should.

Have you considered joining the Black Cock Church?

wait, so indulgences are back?

See
Every week I get random girls come up to me and start flirting

Okay so I'd advise you to not talk about you background not because you have an atheist family but that it gives a certain degree of awkwardness between fellow church goers. Though that will go away with time. You might be tempted to go to church meetings but they suck. Go to catholic forums instead.

Yep, just read the bible and talk to God. No need to be a joiner. God won't even mind if you have doubts from time to time. After all, some of it is hard to believe.

Sorry if I am being autistic, but what do you mean by going to Catholic forums?

True, it really doesn't matter as in the end were all incorporeal perfect beings with no need for trival boundaries.

>A. establish a connection with a wholesome community. One to make friends with, one to help out and feel belonging in, one to potentially find a wife in that's of decent stalk.
Most decent Churches have this.

>B. I want to go to a church to learn about Jesus's message and the bible, one that will teach me lessons that will help me grow as a person and lead a better and more dignified life. That's why I'm hesitant about Catholicism. Seems more about the rituals and tradition than teaching.
Reformed Faith (Calvinist) Churches have the least rituals and/or bullshits.
And I think Lutheran are fine too tho.
Just don't go to Charismatic Churches if you hate this kind of stuffs.

>C. I want to be helped in life by Jesus and follow what God wants but simultaneously have a place to seek forgiveness when I fuck that up and can try again. A place that will always be there.
Again, most decent Churches have this, all denominations are fine.

There is a website dedicated to answering questions about the catholic faith and teachings. Last I checked the registration might be offline due to spamming. You can learn about controversial bible teachings to mortal sins.

Is this thread that's been done dozens if not hundreds of times really important at a time when ((((they)))) are most exposed to being called out on their subversion? Cut it out, quit making slide threads, quit posting in slide threads and go talk to someone about Seth Rich and media lies. American or not, calling ((((them)))) out is important if you don't want to be next.

>Matthew 18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The only true church is the catholic church

Oh, yeah, I heard the King James Bible is the only one worth reading. Is that true?

I'm pretty sure it's the official version accepted though I might be wrong.

lol I've only been seeing are Seth Rich threads and fucking two scoop threads these past couple days. I think those are plenty covered.

None of them. You will be branding yourself as a traitor.
youtube.com/watch?v=pqFKK7V8XMc

become a follower of Jesus user
Read the Bible and act like Christ

Kinda weird at first but starts to make more sense later in the video
youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0

he NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King James Bible!

Yes, that's right, the NIV butchers removed the word "begotten" from John 3:16.

That's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible. The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit.

I'm not a pagan though.

Where does the baptist tradition originate?

also here's where I'd start out
kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-5-1_5-48/
In this passage, Jesus is giving a sermon where He restates the ten commandments originally given to the Jews and explains exactly what they MEAN as well. It and the crucifixion are probably the two most important parts of any Christian's faith.
good pictures
It tends to be the most accepted, though there's a lot of debate about it in the Christian community. Some newer editions were made for the sake of money, and others have underlying political stuff like gender neutrality. Pay attention to the KJV vs all the others in this verse, for example. All the others are saying a very different things.

fuck off christ cuck, these threads are pathetic

>LARPing as jews
>really just virgin neckbeards pretending to worry about muh morality to save face in front of their family and friends

it doesn't matter what you are to him, he claims to have a belief superior to islam but acts just like them and literally worships the same god

Didn't say it wasn't covered. Just implied it wasn't covered enough and that shot like this detracts from its coverage and perceived importance. What religion an individual should join isn't important when (((they))) are actively trying to dismantle the power structure of the most influential nation in the world.

Who gives a shit. Christianity is a fucked up offshoot of Judaism n shieeet and the bible is fucked.

hahaa ya that ones a classic

they make it "all sorts of evil" instead of "the root of all evil"

Protestants literally just ask Jesus for forgiveness, how the fuck is that any different really?

>nord
I honestly wonder how much Skyrim contributed to the increasing support for paganism online. I recently saw a pagan in another thread quote from it.
this is literally unironically what (((they)) want you to believe

They even have non-denominational churches. Just watch out for "social justice" churches.

That shit exists

Christianity is literally an offshoot of Judaism ya fuckwit. (((They))) have used it as a tool for millennia to fuck with Europeans and now they are taking advantage of Islam in a similar way.

I would look into a Traditional Catholic group. It is masculine and it really gives comfort to the soul. Something that is lacking in so many areas.

traditio.com/

fisheaters.com/

ECO: Evangelical Order of Presbyterians....its the newest denomination that branched off of Presbeterian, it is really rising very quickly in the ranks...

Anglicanism is the only way

What are they about? What differentiates them? Whats their focus?

C.

KILL YOURSELF

Roman Catholic. Ignore the shills and faggots. You want to be on board with the actual religion founded by Jesus, not some cunt king who wanted to cut his wifes head off. Protestants are scum who can't hack it in a true disciplined faith, so they spread shill rumors about the only true religion.

Are there any protestant denominations that dont get into all the ritualistic stuff but focus on the gospels, and they emphasize reconciliation like the Catholics? Along with the other catholic masses besides like none essential ones. Like Anointing of the Sick and Confirmation. Also, who's priests have to get actual religious degrees and not an online certificate. A denomination with good organization.

DEUS VULT YOU FUCKING SCUM. YOU WILL DIE WITH THE REST IN THE CRUSADE.

Start Catholic to give yourself historical foundation.

Then watch some decent protestant preachers on TV to cover Bible study (KJV only)

Then meditate on it until you have your personal revelation.

Then join Society of Friends since that's all you'll need.

female preachers tend to be a red flag
both catholic churches and protestant churches can potentially be degenerate, since generally catholics have less conviction than other denomination, while Protestantism can be a blanket term
also check (((them))) out on the chart while you're at it

I'd like the Catholic church alot more if they focused more on the teaching and less on playing what seems like an hour long game of simon says. Cause the sacraments are all good and the qualifications of the priests. Although the current pope seems cucked as fuck and there seems to be WAY too much focus on one human being in the catholic church, the pope.

>claiming to be Christian
>asking anons for advice on which flavor to buy
>not asking GOD

basically the presbeterian church has been getting too liberal, being OK with gay pastors and just becoming degenerate, so ECO branched off to form a more traditional Presbyterian but reformed theology.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECO_(denomination)#Beliefs

>Also, who's priests have to get actual religious degrees and not an online certificate

the way you talk is not in the spirit of the lord if you want wise men with worldly wisdom in charge

1 Cor 3:18-19
Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

stfu varg. you'll always be a little prison bitch

Why Do Some Christians Wear Rings
Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=8OuWTImhBt4
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=83nRX_gRZaw

Well, you have somewhat of a point, a person filled with the holy spirit and worldy experience can be a good pastor. I just don't want someone completely uneducated about the bible or who's a mega church con artist.

>THIS
Deus Vult my brother

Not surprised as (((it's))) just a tribe after all...

>Protestants still think that localised cases of corruption from 500 years ago are universal in the modern church

baptist

discord.gg/Kkuxw2

>and the bottomless pit.
?

anyone going to get a "serious religious degree" is going to be giving you the bible from mans perspective

i would be scared to go to a place where they went to some school to give you rehashed answers they learned

if ur trying to avoid con men

Study the Stoics, if you want community the Buddhists are the closest thing.

sauce on pic?

All true Christians eventually become Quaker (if not organized, then in lifestyle).

It's inevitable, if you're doing things right that is.