Seth Rich ballistics thread update

Just some updates from an earlier thread:
My immediate thoughts are to try to narrow down the type of firearm used based on the information we have available here, while I get my shit together on requesting the ballistics report.

We've got a fair amount of information out there and I've noticed one area that definitely needs clarification:

I've got two reports on the number of shots fired. One that states there were two, the other three with locations. Since I cannot confirm either story, lets operate under both.

Two Shot theory: two shots from behind center mass.

Three shot theory: One to shot to liver area, with two shots to the upper right quadrant of the back.

Now with either theory, I think the important fact to remember is that according the public incident report "shotspotter" registers the report at 4:20 AM. Seth isn't pronounced dead until 5:57 AM. That is a long time to be bleeding.

Other urls found in this thread:

popville.com/2016/07/two-more-armed-robberies-in-bloomingdale-last-night/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So now we make some educated assumptions. No shell casings are found. So we can glean two things from that: Either a revolver was used or our shooter cleans up after himself. "Silver gun" is the description going around and to me that screams nickel plated revolver. Working from that we can narrow our caliber search down to three possible calibers in common use: .38 Special,.22LR,.357 Magnum. The rest being considered unlikely until further evidence surfaces.

Since it took some time for him to succumb to wounds I decided to examine each of our three common calibers using the Taylor knockout formula. Not exactly perfect, but its a start. For those of you not familiar with "gun-math" it is a tried and true formula for determining the stopping power of a particular load.

If you examine the three calibers previously mentioned using this formula we can again make some more assumptions. .22LR is probably our least likely candidate (Although this OP has seen .22LR do some weird shit). .357 Magnum up close is easily the most lethal. It creates serious temporary cavities AND permanent cavites which could have lead to him bleeding out faster, especially if our three shot theory proves true. All signs point to .38 special.

So what did we learn? We're most likely looking for a nickel plated revolver chambered in .38 Special. Obviously this would include those dual chambered in both .38/.357. Rough idea in pic.

I also want to add that obviously this speculation based on the information I have at hand. If you have new information, please update. I'm doing my best.

Hospital user said 3 gunshot wounds one caused by the exiting bullet

this
3 gunshot wounds, 2 gunshots. 1 of the bullets left the body

Can we get someone to post a screencap of Hospital user?

>"shotspotter" registers the report at 4:20 AM

shotspotter will have an accurate count on number of shots

Nice analysis. But is it too late to leave out the possibility that Seth was shot at another location and brought to another location (while apparently still alive and talking). It seems unlikely, but still in the realm of possibility.

Agreed.

Let's also not rule out the possibility that he wasn't shot with a hollow point. If it was a non expanding round, which round is most likely to not make it all the way through?

Is this what you're requesting?

You assume somebody would identify nickel as silver. But I think most people are a little more up to speed on their bling than that.

They would misidentify nickel as chrome.
>nigga pulled out his chrome 38 and started blastin'
While silver is the trademark "White metal". So it could have been something with a matte finish.

This must be it.

There was post from an OR nurse claiming to have been in the room with seth. she describes his wounds and the course of treatment. I haven't been able to track it down.

BAM! Thank you!

Absolutely. Good points. This is what I was looking for.

>BAM!
Nice response for a ballistics thread.

But then wasn't one of the people we are identifying as fishy responsible for the
>silver gun
quote?

Also there's this.

popville.com/2016/07/two-more-armed-robberies-in-bloomingdale-last-night/
Wait. Found the silver handgun quote as close to the horses mouth as possible.

Apparently a couple of googs were doing gunpoint robberies around there.

There's a lot of buzz from people in the area because apparently there's been a slow, ungoing construction project there for a while, and the residents feel the construction barricades are making for perfect hiding spots for the dindus to perform armed robberies.

So if him being the DNC leaker was a coincidence and it was a robbery gone bad.. We're looking for a couple of nogs
Or both could be true. Hey nogs want to avoid prison and pocket a wad of cash? Shoot this guy for us.

It's very unlikely these things happened though...

Yeah it was 4 in the god damn morning. I used to live in a ghetto area, and even ghetto dwellers have a bed time.

Same here, and exactly... Plus the real problem is we could be getting trolled with these posts. I always hate trusting any of these...

In my opinion we should play the nog robbery angle. See how far we can get. If some nogs were gang banging around there they are likely up on social media somewhere; we all know how much they can't resist the wurlstah

Was two shots per doc/pol. Three wounds. Two entry, one exit. Therefor a bullet should have been recovered as evidence since one of the entry wounds had not exit wound.

And if it was an assasination, but we find the nogs responsibile for the robberies around there, chances are they'll pretty quickly cough up any info on odd things they might have witnessed while out gang banging.

I agree. But perhaps the post was made to mislead? And that opens up more questions. Such as... Why is it vital to mislead people into believing he was shot at that location?
Some anons in another thread have suggested to look into Pegasus Museum again, since it is nearby to where Seth Rich was found and it is possibily connected to underground tunnels.

Where he was shot wasn't ghetto. It's an extremely upper class area.

This is good. Let's see if we can find an incident report on this. Might lead to a description of our gun. Might be bullshit.

Leave no stone unturned.

Must factor
>time of actual incident to response time of LEO/EMS.
>distance to hospital at that time of morning with sirens( probably not much).
>factor margin of time error till declared death.
>did PT die in trauma room or was he directed to emergency OR?

That's most plausible since none of the cops were ever interviewed and shotspotter never produced.

A silver gun to an untrained person might as well be stainless steel or chrome plated so I wouldn't limit possible calibers.

Wrong. It was an area. Not really ghetto, not really upper class. But it had apparently seen an uptick in crime in recent months.

And the cops are not to be trusted in DC.

Are you retarded? Gang bangers don't snitch.

Lol. Nogs have no code of honor. They act on the moment. They roll over on each other all the time.

Against the feds? Depends on if they're aware they will die either way

Cash is lubrication for anything.

If true, someone with a FOIA request should be able to get that footage.

Slight inconsistency in the "Surgical Resident" user.

"About 8 hours after he arrived we were swarmed by LEOs" Suggesting he was still alive.

that doesn't fit our time frame if he was pronounced dead by attending at 5:57 AM.

That one hour and thirty seven minutes from report to declared death.

Doesn't add up?

And if something truly shady has happened it has probably already been mysteriously destroyed in a clerical error.

Tru.

Can any anons here submit a request?

Hitmen typically use a .22 but usually put a few of them in the back of the head

Were there exit wounds?
>meaning round was somewhere at scene
If not, slugs were probably removed in an autopsy.

.357 has a higher muzzle velocity than .38 I would imagine it was probably a 38 round used because a 357 would have passed clean through on both rounds. My .357 takes .38, .357, and .380 in a pinch.

I'm working on it. Will post time stamped photos for proof once it shakes out.

Idk if that's entirely accurate. A .22 has no chance of leaving a body, so while I would do a lot of damage in the skull, it would be survivable in the torso. Unless they were right, and they put blood thinners in his drinks at the bar, causing him to be so inebriated.

Does anyone follow his girlfriend on twitter?
I remember back when this happened she had never tweeted anything about hillary. Two weeks after seth died a few pro hillary tweets came from her account.
I found it suspicious since they were bernie supporters.
Anyway her account is private now so i was wondering if one of you fags follow.

Otw to being the real mvp, thanks basedanon

This almost makes me wonder if he did get killed by nigs. It's hard to ignore the trail of Clinton corpses but two suspects robbing people and the market footage showed two sets of legs.
Unless these stories are planted to create a pattern to throw us off

I think they know he was murdered by Clinton and podesta, and now they're so scared they are playing the game.

What ammo was used? We know that no casings were found at the scene, which means one of the following:
1) Shooter used a revolver
2) Shooter had a brass catcher
3) Shooter made sure to collect his brass

Now, the official story is that Rich was mugged, but the mugging went wrong and he was shot in the back a few times, and the mugger panicked and fled without taking his wallet or watch.

That story makes little sense at all by itself, but even then it's only the slightest bit plausible if the shooter had a revolver, and even then, that'd be awfully convenient for the shooter to make sure to specifically use a type of gun that doesn't eject cartridges. There's no way a regular mugger would have a brass catcher, and if the mugger had time to collect his brass, he would've had time to take the watch/wallet too, invalidating the "panicked mugger" narrative.

So... what type of cartridge was used? If it's 9mm, then it's not a revolver. That's for sure. Either way, there's an incredibly low change of it being a mugger.

For fucks sake, we really just need SOMEONE within the justice system pulling those hospital records or police reporters. And we need to find his goddamn laptop. There is no reason it should ever have been impounded if it was "just a mugging". And they also would've returned it by now regardless.

I would more than believe they are planted. Clinton and Podesta can't afford to make any more mistakes, so they are throwing everything they have at this. They know that if this comes out, not only are they going down, but a huge ring of people with them. The establishment is fucking scared. And they should be, honestly.

My opinion is that the best thing for Sup Forums to do at this point is keep the name Seth Rich on everyone's tongue, and pray for heroes with access to this information who will put themselves in harm's way. We've almost won. The fall of globalism will be commemmorated as one of the greatest events in the history of man. But it won't happen without a few more heroes.

"He had just found out he was going to go to work for the Clinton campaign doing data analysis and helping getting people out to vote,"

Dont forget his parents said he was going to start working for clinton before he died.

Draw him close to kill him

You definitely have no idea how a niggers brain works

What else can she do... Her life is literally in danger...

This. There are so many inconsistencies and ridiculous notions being thrown around that I can't believe anyone believes that garbage.

22 magnums will pass all the way through a human. The smaller the surface area of the round the less resistance as it passes through. Hell I've seen copper jacket 9mm go all the way through a car door and a person. .45 has such good stopping power because it sticks into the meat and transfers the fluid shock into the surrounding area. .22 short ballistics involving the skull are different. The round tends to bounce and carome off of the curved surfaces, though not always.the benefit of a 22 is that even when the round is recovered you can't get a good read on the barrel patterns because the round is so small and deforms easily.

Definitely. You can tell how severe something is by how hard the shilling on Sup Forums is. And we haven't seen shilling this bad since the podesta emails dropped. With the site being locked down shortly after an user says "they're coming in 40 minutes. They're here now"? It's fucking unreal.

And on top of that. The redditfags tell me that reddit is being shilled even harder, with tons of shill accounts or bots flooding all across the site and downvoting anything relating to Seth Rich

4) Seth was shot at a different location

Through Emerald Eyes I See 1776

I'm also not willing to dismiss the idea that he was shot somewhere else on dropped there but we need video to confirm our deny whether he walked that route and if he did walk there why did it take so fucking long. Supposedly he went to wonderland but nobody saw him there and they close at 2am

.32 is also an option on the table. There are a number of revolvers produced to handle everything from .32 S&W all the way to the relatively new .327 federal. These might also explain the prolonged time it took for Seth to succumb to his wounds. .32 H&R magnum, for example, would be considerably weaker than .357 magnum loads but still more powerful than .22LR. You also have to keep in mind that many .22 revolvers are chambered to handle .22 magnum rounds. I think there is a wider range of possible options than just the three you listed, although they are all less common. A ballistics report would help shed more light.

And by how hard the shilling is in the mainstream meteor.

Well, that goes along with #3, just collecting the body instead of the casings. Obviously, if it was "just a mugger", they wouldn't be moving the body.

That's just the thing, unless she has any kind of cryptographic knowledge, which even the simplest of would get passed Clinton and podesta, she is fucked. She has such a close eye on her right now that she ought to just play their game if she wants to live.

Or go alahu akbar and just go on tv/record yourself, and send it out spur of the moment, and tell what you can

Some very good observations. We need an insider. That seems to be our best hope right now. Someone inside with a conscience needs to find out about Sup Forums

I don't see real proof that there is true shilling going on Sup Forums, but I have no reason to not believe it... I jumped off of reddit because of how hard the left was pounding me in the head there. Including T_D subscriber number count incident, and spez editing crap...

I was considering enlisting in the police force, but I have a really good day job in the career field I want right now...

I don't doubt it. Sup Forums is decent about sweeping skills and calling them out. Reddit is filed with too many liberal minds, that don't see it and just feed into it.

Is codefag screaming daddy at comet right now? Anyone heard from him?

Probably a .357 at least. 22 and 38 won't exit.

Do you use Reynolds or store brand foil?

I guess my thinking is that if staged it to look like a mugging, they'd use a weapon more common to the street. Appreciate your input.

So a 9 or a 45 then?

No. , And the information of a silver gun is garbage
What we have is two possibilities.
1. He was drunk walking home from a bar and
Robbery attempt went bad and he was killed.

or
2. He was the person who leaked Emails to
WikiLeaks, and was murdered to Protect
Hillary Clinton and Conspirators.

1.. On Sunday, July 10, 2016, Two shots were detected by ShotSpotter.
2. A radio call was dispatched to a Police unit.
3. At approximately 4:19 am the police arrive they find a victim. (Seth Rich)
4. The Police Call For an Ambulance
5. The Ambulance brings (Seth Rich) to The Hospital
6. He is pronounced dead
7. He was shot twice in the back.
(One round lodged in the body, One Round entered and exited his body.
8. The WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange a few weeks later announced
he was offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction
in the Rich case. He hinted darkly that the slain man had been a source in his
organization's recent publication of 30,000 internal DNC emails.
The fallout from that embarrassment had led to the firing of several
top Democratic Party officials.

My opinion:
If not for Julian Assange comment, I would call it a Robbery gone bad.
But, Because of Assange's comment.
The Clintons habit of having people die around them.
The Money involved in the Clinton campaign and exposure to prosecution.
I say there could have been a motive.
If Rich was killed for Political reasons, it would be the biggest story of the century.

Good point user. I have no doubt his entire last day was fabricated. Like I said before, they are throwing everything they have at this, because they can't afford not to.

Possibly. Wouldn't rule anything out at this point. I want to get people talking and hope together we have enough combined autism and insomnia to figure SOMETHING out.

>inb4 told you have to go back

Welcome aboard.

Yeah what I don't get is if he was
>just a guy
who
>was in the wrong place at the wrong time
Why the fuck would the DNC be paying top dollar even still to this day for a family spokesperson?

Anonymous email time?

snub nosed 357 is only as powerful as a plus P 38 special load because or short barrel

I was thinking more along the lines of we need to get Sup Forums in the news again. In a big bad way.

Can we discount your first possibility right away, considering the huge time gap over 2 or 3 hours between his leaving the bar and getting shot?

>I don't see real proof that there is true shilling going on Sup Forums
We know that shilling does happen on Sup Forums. Anyone who's here for even a few weeks can recognize when the site gets flooded by fucktons of slide threads and 1-post-by-this-ID people popping in and dispensing bluepill garbage and the same canned shill posts.

Trust me, it hasn't been this bad since the election lead-up when the podesta emails dropped. It's not just "ironic shitposting".

Didn't even think about it

One flaw in the "shot somewhere else" theory is the shotspotter report. If it's correct and two shots did come from that area what's the likelihood they were unrelated to Seth?

Much appreciated user, missed the whole revival with medanon postings. Do I get correctly that in fact he survived for at least 8 hours until police showed up and kicked everyone out? You cannot respond to a case (who called anyway?), carry the victim to a hospital and perform surgery + ICU bolld transfer in that 1:30

Also I will press F for medanon, if he is (was) legit

The "power" relative to penetration at that point, would have the .357 go through before the .38. Surface area of the round.

Long barrel .357 did it.

It was James alefantis and David Brock

I think the wonderland story came from Obama's buddy Capone. Why Capone at the white House before the murder and then on vacation hours after the murder?

I was an armorer in the Army for 4 years. I have a light background in ballistics, and now work in EMS.

Unlikely. Most .22s are not jacketed, meaning they deform easily. The back of the skull is pretty thick and unlikely to let .22s penetrate outside of point blank range, which would produce powder burns around the entry wound.

This is a good foundation. I would work with a higher speed lower grain round. Something in the 9 millimeter range sounds reasonable. The inconsistency with entry/exit wounds points to something on the lower end, caliber-wise, from a moderate range. Maybe something around 10-20 feet away.
If you could obtain picutes of the wounds it would go a long way to narrowing down the caliber.

Maybe this is worth mentioning, but I'd be checking out what everyone tied into Pizzagate is doing. After all, it's their exposure that is at risk. Have alefantes or anyone been doing anything questionable?

Notice how the level of muh Russia increases side by side with the level of shareblue?

Drop him at the site, fire 2 rounds. Even blanks. And it creates a different narrative based on the shot spotter.

Medfag here. Everything he's saying checks out as far as standard procedures and knowing his medicine and vernacular and such. This guy definitely works in a hospital. Of course, there's still the possibility that he's just another medfag LARPing. After all, it would be a huge coincidence for an user to be one of the people that just so happens to be taking care of Seth Rich.

That said, I WANT TO BELIEVE. All user needs to do for proof is post a picture of his ID badge (with dox info blacked out) or a picture of his white coat with the name of the hospital on it. or something like that.

that guy is a real piece of shit.