SELLING THE INTERNET TO THE ISPs = MAKING MURCA GREAT AGAIN

>SELLING THE INTERNET TO THE ISPs = MAKING MURCA GREAT AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

freebeacon.com/issues/report-net-neutrality-leads-higher-prices-less-innovation/
freebeacon.com/issues/net-neutrality-supporters-want-ban-drudge/
money.cnn.com/2014/08/21/technology/fast-internet-speeds/
fortune.com/2016/03/31/netflix-throttling-legal/
usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/03/25/netflix-throttling-video-t-verizon-users/82248762/
usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/shinal/2016/03/29/netflix-throttling-shows-net-neutrality-life-support-column/82388890/
time.com/money/4227133/cable-price-four-times-inflation/
extremetech.com/internet/178465-woe-is-isp-30-of-americans-cant-choose-their-service-provider
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would rather souless corporations run the internet that don't care about anything than other than profit, then a do gooder govt that wan't to make it illegal to speak out against foreigner and der juden.

Is Sup Forums against net neutrality?
You fucks seem to be on the wrong side of every issue, but I've honestly never seen someone anti-NN for any cohesive reason. Besides, of course, the people being blatantly bribed to repeal it.

>I'm going to support the internet being owned by Corporate Jews who will suck it dry for an extra dollar simply because of things that have never happened but Alex Jones told me will happen

trumptards everyone

they don't have any argument against NN other than "Daddy Trump says its bad therefore its bad"

You're very stupid.

You guys dont know shit about Title II.

Why don't you look up when it was implemented and show me all the Net Neutrality violations prior to 2015?

Oh wait, title II has nothing to do with Net Neutrality except that the media tells you it does. The closest you are going to get is a set of rules from the classification that all it did was increase taxes and allow companies like AT&T and Netflix to circumvent antitrust laws and legitimately throttle networks.

Keep swallowing all that MSM babybatter.

Internet is going to get far better when it is back under the jurisdiction of the FTC.

Also, net neutrality just makes it easier for certain corporations (Silicon Jewry) to control the internet since they don't need to pay out of pocket for fast lanes.

Don't bump the thread.

I can't wait to see Americans get cucked hard. Then again, it's an American tradition to pay more and get less in every aspect of their lives (except fast food).

2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it.
2005 - Comcast was denying access to p2p services without notifying customers.
2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn't like there was competition for their cellphones.
2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube. (edit: they actually sued the FCC over this)
2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit. edit: this one happened literally months after the trio were busted collaborating with Google to block apps from the android marketplace
2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction. (edit: they were fined $1.25million over this)
2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.
2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.

>not giving the government unnecessary control over the internet = MAGA

There's a reason there's a border between Americans and pathetic leafs.

>they don't need to pay out of pocket for fast lanes.

fast lanes that don't exist, other than when ISPs want to charge for them by throttling

and when Netflix and the others have to pay for the "fast lane", guess who is the one who will actually pay for it?

>trumptards are so fucking retarded they're destroying their own internet
lmfao

>urrr urr economy protect me plis
ye well, good luck with that!

>2018 = Dumb Amerifats have to pay extra for their internet
>Sup Forums = "ITS OBAMAS FAULT"

that bill you passed today looked nice leaf. stfu and take a look in the mirror

>fast lanes that don't exist, other than when ISPs want to charge for them by throttling
Explain why ISPs shouldn't be allowed to extort leftist jew corporations instead of socializing the costs back onto me and the other consumers.

>Selling the internet to the service providers
You act as though the government cant be bought off.

It's 7D chess you idiot.
The wall just got 300 feet higher.

If ISPs control website speed based on how much they are paid, then no new start up will ever succeed.
Imagine a website comes out that functions similar to Facebook, but has far better privacy, a way better GUI, it's less laggy, basically better in every regard. Except it won't matter because Facebook can afford to pay the ISPs more than a new website can, and the new website will inevitably fail if it takes 4x longer to load than Facebook does, even if the actual website is a much lighter load.

So much for free market.

The free market is going to fix it, regulations slow down progress and freedom.

It was called myspace

because once the "leftist jew corporations" are forced to pay extra money once NN is out, guess who is the one who is going to be paying extra for websites and services that up to now were "free" thanks to the antitrust laws set in place by NN?

hint: its you, but you're too busy whining about jews and niggers to realize that Cheetolini is selling the country, bit by bit, and you're too fucking stupid to realize the ones fucking you in the ass are the corporations you love to defend so much

>NN has worked mostly as intended so far
>"WELL WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT COULDN'T WORK"
>"LETS GET RID OF IT"

>muh start ups

Conspiracy theory. I'll risk the chance of ISPs colluding with established tech giants to keep the industry stagnant over the certainty of established tech giants abusing their government-guaranteed free ride to keep turning the internet into the Weimar Wide Web.

Current year guy, pls go.

Imagine being this fucking stupid

>because once the "leftist jew corporations" are forced to pay extra money once NN is out, guess who is the one who is going to be paying extra for websites and services that up to now were "free" thanks to the antitrust laws set in place by NN?
Facebook and Jewgle

And if they start throwing their shit behind a paywall to make the money back, how does that affect me negatively? I want them to die.

>Cheetolini

Nice bait.

Top level ISPs have always owned their own cable lines and routers.

freebeacon.com/issues/report-net-neutrality-leads-higher-prices-less-innovation/

The rules force ISPs to treat all data transmitted over the Internet in the same manner. However, not everything on the Internet is treated equally by consumers, the CEI report argues.

"The FCC's net neutrality orders presume that consumers will be better off if their ISPs are barred from throttling usage on an application-by-application basis," the report said. "In reality, not every consumer perceives every byte of Internet traffic to be equally valuable."

Elaborate then, educate me you libtard fucks, since you have all the answers.

>(edit: they were fined $1.25million over this)

You had this all pre-typed for this argument. Looks like a direct copypasta from Reddit.

thanks for the heads up.

But all those arguments have just confirmed what I said prior, Title II =/= Net Neutrality.

Because all those were addressed prior to 2015, and Title II wasn't even implemented till 2015.

I'm sure Comcast, which owns MSNBC, will make sure redpilled content is treated just as fairly as content that fits their narrative.

Fuck the Internet.
If they want to compete by piecemealing it, great. It will be cheaper.
I got $100 a month for Internet, you want my money? Give me what I want.
I don't need it.

Good thing I don't live in a Comcast area then I guess.

If anything killed MySpace it was the users. Having music and 20,000 animated gifs on every profile page made it entirely intolerable.

The NN rules literally exist because ISPs wanted tiered internet, its not a conspiracy theory. Please explain how a new website has any chance in hell if it takes significantly longer to load for everyone, regardless of how talented the developers are at making it light weight.

>tiered internet

Literally a DNC conspiracy theory.

>inb4 that picture of muh tv-style subcription packages

Oh my God OP. You really still feel the same about net neutrality, bombing Syria, draining the swamp, building a wall, using American steel to build the pipeline, and locking her up? It's been 5 months OP, grow up.

The internet was so great when we used phone lines and paid by the minutes to use it while donating our tax dollars to corporations to scam us out of money (worldcom now known as verizon to you children) instead of spreading out infrastructure.

Weird, how we have gigabit internet in major cities since the FCC put this in place.

Weird how Netflix is no longer being throttled by ISPs since this went into place.

Weird how cable prices dropped like a fucking rock when this went into place.

>he thinks corporations won't limit what you can think
See CNN, msn, Fox, etc
Retard

Weird how you think anyone on Sup Forums gives a shit about Jewflix. They're not a startup, they should be throttled to the max and extorted for all they got.

freebeacon.com/issues/net-neutrality-supporters-want-ban-drudge/

Organizers of the campaign "Protect Our Internet" are connected to PopularResistance.org, which features several members of the antifascist (antifa) campaign.

They're already doing this under net neutrality, how does giving the government more power make it less likely for them to do thought control?

Nice work voting in the republicans who are spearheading this, idiots.

Good they want to ban Drudge report, Info Wars, stormfront, and breitbart. Net Neutrality more like Net Control reality.

Gee, it's almost like the President was right when he called it fairness doctrine 2.0.

Thanks user!

Copypasta

>net neutrality
>letting the government (((regulate))) the internet to keep it """neutral"""
Pick one leaf faggot

>banning gov and corporate influence from running the web means gov and corporate influence will run the web
Literally what

because it's not profitable to attack small businesses
if ISP A is more reliable and cheaper than ISP B, then ISP B is going to make less profits
Big business will be so bogged down warring with each other that the profitability ceiling of smaller websites will rise significantly

I didn't realize it was possible to have this shitty of an opinion. Are you from the south?

>800+ pages of government regulation means banning gov/corp influence over the internet

literally wut

I don't use any of those corporations services, they can become shitty and collapse for all I care.

yankee, why does it matter tho? ru anti-white?

You are very stupid.
The Net Neutrality rules are about preventing local utility monopolies (ISPs) from using their local utility monopolies to extort other businesses that make use of the Internet for revenue to deliver services to the people they own through their local monopolies.
It's akin to wishing that your roads were owned by a private business that could then extort industry for revenue for the privilege of delivering goods to you or to retailers.
The reason that people won't bother to "educate" you on these topics in general is that you know so little about the world that you actually live in that it would take enormous amounts of effort to get you to the point where you wouldn't just scream "FREE MARKET" with a red face.
You should recognize that all of your "SJWs" that you have spent years crying about have used private means of attacking you. They don't get Obama to pass the "no racists act of 2015;" they go to businesses that have substantial market power and they co-opt them, and then use their entirely non-public power to erase you. They destroy your ability to get funding, to speak, and to participate in the public sphere using just private means.
But MUH FREE MARKET *red face*.

>if ISP A is more reliable and cheaper than ISP B, then ISP B is going to make less profits

Which has nothing to do with net neutrality and is already how it works. If you are lucky enough to have two ISPs in the area, they should already be competing for price. Thats entirely unrelated to net neutrality.
Net neutrality prevents ISPs from favoring certain websites over others, which makes a online free market almost impossible.

>just let the corps run free :DDD
Good good goyim, don't forget to pay your extra $30 for another gigabyte

>The Net Neutrality rules are about preventing local utility monopolies (ISPs) from using their local utility monopolies to extort other businesses that make use of the Internet for revenue
Why shouldn't they be allowed to do this though.

>OMG the ISPs are big and scary! Think of the poor oppressed leftist social media companies!

Lmao

I support consumer protection, I don't trust telecom companies not to fuck with me. It can be done way better than net neutrality, though.

>Dude we need more government to protect corporations that donate to Democrats

derpity derp

>why shouldn't we have monopolies?
Are you actually this stupid?

>Dude we need less gov so we can have feces in our food

Net neutrality does jack shit to break up monopolies. Literally all it does is give tech giants a free ride.

Are you niggers reading off a script or something? Which university sent you?

Are you telling me ISPs don't control the internet?
Holly shit.

Both sides will fuck us over. The difference is would you rather have corporations charge you for hate speech and throttling access to places like Sup Forums while squeezing you for money and eventually report your racist ass while selling your data to the police or would you just want to skip the middle man and just have the government bust down your door over one post about immigrants shitting in the street and send you to jail for 2 years.

Pick your poison.

Because unconstrained monopoly power destroys markets and removes all of their benefits.
>Why shouldn't some Jew be able to own my infrastructure and make me buy his Jew goods at his set Jew prices.

You're a retard of massive proportions and if you aren't a neo-Monarchist, then you really should be.

if the consumer isn't retarded they'll use the ISP that doesn't throttle small websites
ISPs brag all the time about how they cover x percent of the US and are the "most reliable". Most people in the US have the "luck" to choose from several dozen ISPs, plenty competition there

free-market fucks think that there's actually competition in the ISP market in the US. If there was, then NN wouldn't be a big deal cause you'd just switch providers.

actually this is a good thing. only our technically savvy will survive this. All others will suffer more brain damage and start turning on each other. We won't have to deal with degenerates anymore. Oh, and fuck you leaf.

Then institute policies to break up the monopolies and increase ISP competition; don't do something completely unrelated that just gives a handout to social media companies and raises average consumer prices.

>trump will jail you for immigrant hate speech
rmyt

>The internet was so great when we used phone lines and paid by the minutes to use it while donating our tax dollars to corporations to scam us out of money (worldcom now known as verizon to you children) instead of spreading out infrastructure.

Source on how there was no cable internet before 2015 please

>Weird, how we have gigabit internet in major cities since the FCC put this in place.

Weird how there was gigabit internet in cities and broadly advertised prior to 205

money.cnn.com/2014/08/21/technology/fast-internet-speeds/

>Weird how Netflix is no longer being throttled by ISPs since this went into place.

Weird how Netflix is actually doing the throttling
fortune.com/2016/03/31/netflix-throttling-legal/
usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/03/25/netflix-throttling-video-t-verizon-users/82248762/
usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/shinal/2016/03/29/netflix-throttling-shows-net-neutrality-life-support-column/82388890/

Funny, that's actually with Title II in place, I thought that was supposed to protect us?

>Weird how cable prices dropped like a fucking rock when this went into place.

Weird how they have actually skyrocketed since then.
time.com/money/4227133/cable-price-four-times-inflation/

KYS Title II shilling dumbass

>if the consumer isn't retarded they'll use the ISP that doesn't throttle small websites

Do you have any idea at all how ISPs work? Many many people have littler or no choice. At best people tend to have two options, and it's not at all hard to imagine BOTH of them throttling websites that don't pay up.

It isn't intended to break up monopolies. They are natural monopolies. It's to regulate them as a utility like every other natural monopoly, so the market of Internet services can develop naturally like every other market.
Dealing with the actual market power of these ISPs would be an entirely different issue from the one at hand.

>inb4 Sup Forums filled with angry Amerifats in 6 months complaining how they pay double their Internet cost and Sup Forums is slowed to 1/4th of what it used to be

>inb4 this is somehow blamed on Obama

It is very hard to encroach on another ISP's territory. They have defacto monopolies in some places and nobody gives a shit apparently. There are protections written into law and it is easy for them to lobby for laws in local government.
Net neutrality will not solve that.

Title II Classification has only been in Place since December of last year.

Regulating ISPs like Telecoms is fucking stupid.

The system we have in place right now is perfectly fine. There is no reason for extra government regulation of the internet through the FCC via Title II Classification.

>>It isn't intended to break up monopolies.
Duh. So stop crying "monopoly!!" as a reason for net neutrality, because that's a non sequitur.

>Most people in the US have the "luck" to choose from several dozen ISPs, plenty competition there

Not true

extremetech.com/internet/178465-woe-is-isp-30-of-americans-cant-choose-their-service-provider

>37% of Americans have only two wired broadband providers, 28% have just one, and 2% have no wired broadband ISPs at all

Nothing about this raises consumer prices, you economically illiterate cockgoblin.

Can we finally buy Pence's browsing history and see if he jacks to traps?

Every apartment I've lived in for the past seven years has only had one option, two if you include Dish/DirecTV.

The monopoly will be for the websites that are already profitable enough to be able to afford the highest tier of connection, and thus load faster.

It is, however, hard to imagine them targeting startups more harshly than larger, already established companies with a higher traffic load and deeper pockets.

No, it isn't a non sequitur. Follow the argument or kill yourself.

They don't 'target' websites. The big companies pay for high tier to go faster, those that don't sit at the bottom with slow websites.

>ISPs can't throttle traffic or extort large companies
>ISPs can't discriminate against traffic
>They need to make that money up somewhere
>I end up having to pay more money to Alex and Sally can netflix and chill 12 hours a day in their dorm room

Explain why this wouldn't happen.

Preeeeeetty sure that's not how it works. It's only a problem if your traffic load is high enough in the first place to be noticeable.

There is no money to make up, you dipshit. This isn't a cost. It's simply preventing a monopoly from using its power to distort prices and artificially constrain competition.
You probably think that tumor growth prevented by chemotherapy needs to be made up somewhere.

>They need to make that money up somewhere

Except ISPs are already running under NN and have been doing so for decades, and already make profit hand over fist. They don't produce an actual physical object, so a huge portion of the money they make goes directly to profit.
ISPs have been doing extremely well for many many years despite NN. None of them are struggling or risking bankruptcy. They just want even more excess.

>netflix and chill
This is the faggotiest phrase I've heard in years, I can't fathom how normalfags can be so bad at coming up with things.

>>There is no money to make up, you dipshit.
Yeah right. They're corporations, they'll do anything they can to make a buck. It doesn't benefit me in any way to prevent them from being able to extort leftist jews.

>> Except ISPs are already running under NN and have been doing so for decades
I see no reason why that's a good thing. The status quo internet is SHIT.

Network engineer here.

None of you John Olivertards understand the internet. This is for your own damn good.

Stay fucking mad. Until 5G hits, at least, cause that is gonna be awesome.

the only important post

Why do so many people want Title II?

Really activated my almonds.

This There are areas where you only have one choice in ISP. Go a few streets over and it's another company's area. If there is an area with competition, it's usually two bigger companies. Maybe a third in narrow areas. Also, because of the limited competition that exists from the high costs and maintenance of infrastructure required to even be in that business, telecom companies have a habit historically of forming monopolies.

I do not trust the jewy government, but I also do not trust the jewy telecom companies any more or less. You have to base it on which entities abuses will be felt farther and wider, and which will be easier to reign in. This issue isn't about which can be trusted more, but which one can be dealt with easier when they inevitably abuse their position.

how soon until unlimited mobile data is default

This is a non-argument.
If we have it so obviously wrong then you should be able to easily argue against us using your knowledge. Just stating you're a network engineer does not prove any statement false. Even if you were able to prove that is true.

Being able to shitpost your shitty opinion with traffic that moves at the same speed as YouTube's means you don't have time to tell your mom to make you chicken tendies is such shit.

>There are areas where you only have one choice in ISP. Go a few streets over and it's another company's area. If there is an area with competition, it's usually two bigger companies. Maybe a third in narrow areas.
Then we should be making policies to increase consumer choice, not net neutrality.

Probably never, considering now most ISPs have data caps even on home internet.

nu-Sup Forums at it again
le maga praise kek XD