Why is nobody building epic structures and monuments like the Statue of Liberty, Notre Dame, Mount Rushmore etc

Why is nobody building epic structures and monuments like the Statue of Liberty, Notre Dame, Mount Rushmore etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355
telegraph.co.uk/film/lord-of-the-rings/minas-tirit-crowdfund/
krmg.com/news/local/proposed-tulsa-tornado-tower-might-actually-happen/MCy14qFMoQ6QIonbntfdhN/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

labor rights

because the only "people" who would see it are niggers

Sandstone is "too permanent" people might develop national identities again

Tax money must go to refugees

in order to justify the effort of building something of transcendent and monumental beauty, you actually have to have some transcendent and monumental principles in mind.

they built hogwarts in florida

because we didn't fight off the faggot horde like our grandpas told us to

>this is what neocon trash actually believes

The opposite is true. We're going through a boom period for the building of iconic architecture, especially with sculptural expressive qualities. So called "starchitechts" are in high demand.

You sound deluded by nostalgia and ignorance, OP.

>Sandstone is "too permanent" people might develop national identities again
Sandstone is a shitty, low-cost, low-grade building material that is massively expensive to maintain. Go with titanium if you want a truly durable facade.

That looks like utter shit, which you would know if your eyes weren't screwed up in pain from an emu railing your ass, you faggot.

Thats actually in Los Angeles, I've been there and its garbage, even in the pic you can see how many overweight subhumans there are

First: They're fucking expensive. What does such a huge building add to my personal daily life? Nothing. We got enough and even keeping those actually existing buildings intact is extremly expensive.

Second: The USA lives on debt. Not only the simple man in the states, also the whole government, military etc. etc. - The thing is, instead of rethinking and creating a way to lower their debts, they only put the limit higher and higher.

Why are americans so fucking stupid? Most of the money you spend is lend by CHINA. China is the biggest sponsor of the USA. Thats fact!

The USA will destroy itself and all the dumb hysteria they produce and all the clichees they spread about europe and the rest of the world couldn't bother me in any way. They're fucked, they're just too dumb to realize it because they try to hide behind their praised "american dream" etc.

The USA are a big fart joke, nothing more.

mankind is spiritually dead

Maybe this is more to your liking.

>Germany of all places calling anybody a joke
It'd be funny if it wasn't sad. You are becoming as big a joke as Sweden, you utter cuckold

what kubrick movie is this from?

Architecture is the externalised version of a society's internal state. If you're a nihilist/atheist, don't expect to see any beautiful architecture

>Why is nobody building epic structures and monuments like the Statue of Liberty, Notre Dame, Mount Rushmore etc.

t. Guy Francon

>flagposting

The only joke here is you, retard.

You just have shit taste. Are you a homosexual by any chance?

Inb4 Hans jokes, sandnigger Sup Forums shittalk, fear of the left/ (((THEM))), clichees about germany by people who never visited it, calling all people in germans "german" ( we are more than this - bavarians, saxons, thuringians etc.)
inb4 14 year old wannabe politics

why is sandstone massively expensive to maintain? I thought the substance was weather resistant and the perfect material for building.

how does it compare to reinforced concrete?

says the leaf....

Lost, also it's because normalfags are a modern thing and they can't into archetecture

read this, sorry but I actually do work right now and it took me some seconds to post the inb4 I missed.
<
You are a big fart joke. Period.

Because aesthetics cost (((MONEY))) and we live in a (((post modern))) world where nothing fucking matters (besides money). So losers just wanna save on cost and build rectangles out of glass and concrete.

The problem with these builds is that look like they can fit anywhere so they don't BELONG anymore and the whole (((post modern)))ist thought is about not belonging anywhere (with your family, wife, church, community, nation) so that you can just be a mindless stupid fucking satiated sheep that is easier to control.

>why is sandstone massively expensive to maintain?
Because it's a young variety of sedimentary rock that is cheap to cut but crumbles in the face of weather exposure. It's literally one of the worst varieties of rock you can use, perhaps just a bit ahead of chalk.

>how does it compare to reinforced concrete?
It's more expensive to maintain than reinforced concrete, though reinforced concrete doesn't have an especially long life span (look at all the housing commission blocks that were built of reinforced concrete and have a 50-70 year life span, which means quite a few are now due to be pulled down again).

For durability, go for incredibly dense, old, and strong rocks, like bluestone or basalt. Among metals, titanium is fucking awesome but is also incredibly expensive. It's no accident that Gehry favors it in his designs.

>Are you a homosexual by any chance?
Is that a come on?

we're heading towards a post scarcity society where crime and poverty will be no more. visionaries like elon musk will guide us to this utopia

Only autistic fucks go visit shit like that. Just look at that crowd.

>literally no idea how money works
Money is created by the us govvy. Sometimes they sell people bonds. They can always pay these bonds because they print money. We don't need to borrow from China to print money. You're fucking retarded.

Yep, you don't need to borrow money from china, that's why your government does it since 20 years.

Go and eat some McDonalds FattyMcfat Fat.

do people ever make townhomes out of bluestone or basalt?

how did rome's concrete structures last 2000+ years if concrete has a short life span?

these shitty science museums are getting built all around the world and they all look the same

I think (((they))) are trying to call THEM

Because "muh minimum wage" and equivalent shit

We sell them bonds. You too can purchase a bond. Yet you have no control over our economy. Go read about modern monetary theory.

"We dont need to borrow from China cause we got printers and shit."

- Thats why 14 year olds are not allowed to vote in europe.
thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

"The U.S. debt to China is $1.059 trillion, as of February 2017. That's 27.8 percent of the $3.8 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries."

>t. Sweden

I'm terribly sorry

YEAH A BOND IS A PROMISE THAT YOU PAY IT BACK SOMEWHEN

Fuck, and you'll never pay it back.

Are your parents greek immigrants or what? Fucking dumb burger, Im done with you.

Fucking retarded mongoloids.

That shit is gay. What should happen is something like this: telegraph.co.uk/film/lord-of-the-rings/minas-tirit-crowdfund/

That would be awesome

In architecture school all they teach you is how to make a box, no one teaches real architecture anymore.

Yeah, bluestone has been used as a primary building material in some places where it's abundant. It produces kick-ass buildings that are weirdly spooky and atmospheric. Plus it insulates fantastically too.

>how did rome's concrete structures last 2000+ years if concrete has a short life span?
I honestly don't know how the Pantheon's concrete is so durable. I think it's ultra-high grade. Most concrete buildings that are put up now are not going to last 100 years, whereas bluestone buildings could easily last 1000 years if the structure is good.

That museum is pretty cool for kids. Looks like a dinosaur! I don't think it looks much like the one I posted, except both use white and visible ribs. The form and effect are totally different.

Spain is great :)

pic now related

Wow, big numbers with no context. Our gdp is 17 trillion. If you produce 100k of value per year and have a 100k mortgage, are you worried? Kys

Umm sweetie we are still making monuments.

Sorry they're not problematic and enforcing white will onto others like your old monuments.

Because those things are racist.

>A FUCKING TORNADO
>A proposed building in my city

krmg.com/news/local/proposed-tulsa-tornado-tower-might-actually-happen/MCy14qFMoQ6QIonbntfdhN/

Back to castles. I think about this shit a lot op. If I'm ever ultra rich I'm building a castle . Might start a religion in order to fund it.

Moloch and the child offered to him in sacrifice... Americans tolerate this?

This looks like a pile of tin foil.

Give it time.

I live in LA and am offended by this building on a daily basis.

This building is going to look very dated in 20 years, like almost all of the "hip" architecture from the 60s and 70s looks today.

Gehry draws for shit. I think the real stars of his projects are the engineers and builders who translate his outre forms into 3D buildings that are actually able to stand up and function.

Architecture threads always nail it the best. And by it I mean the state of our society.

Speaking of Mongoloids

>Germany mad about money

Face it, Hans, the only reason your country is remotely successful from an economic perspective at this point is because you have so many Jews

Hence the name Jewmany

We're in an in between stage, the west (arund the US to Germany) is falling while the east (around Poland to China) is rising in it's place. But these monuments are built at the peaks of civilizations, so they won't be built yet since all the capital is still in the west.

Yes because I need money to spend on other things as well. Dumbass.

You sound a little cranky, hans?

Have you paid your denbts?

Re: Mt. Rushmore ... This is being built at a snail's pace.

Gaudi was 100 years ahead of his time with his design and engineering. More so if you count what kind of backwards shit passes for structures today.

You have to start with boxes.

Actually, Gehry's earliest buildings are some rather nice, boxy-type, one-story commercial buildings, several of which are still around in Los Angeles last I checked.