Illegal immigrant caught serving as a judge

>CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - Officials in South Texas have placed a municipal court judge on unpaid leave after it was discovered she's not a U.S. citizen.

>Corpus Christi Mayor Pro-Tem Lucy Rubio told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times that Judge Young Min Burkett was placed on leave for 90 days with the intention that will be enough time for her to obtain citizenship.

>Rubio says the city never asked during the qualification process to become a municipal judge whether Burkett was a citizen, and says Burkett never tried to deceive or misrepresent her background.

>Rubio adds that city attorneys have reviewed the matter and determined that Burkett's rulings from the bench remain valid and lawful.

>The Caller-Times reports that Burkett did not return phone calls seeking comment. Her nationality is not clear.

ksat.com/news/city-judge-suspended-when-its-learned-shes-not-us-citizen_?cid=KSAT_12_&_KSAT.com

>an illegal alien managed to become a full blown judge

think about that for a second. this woman has such a strong command of the law that she managed to become a judge, and yet not once did she leverage her advanced knowledge of the legal system to expedite her becoming a legal immigrant.

give me a fuckin' break.

What a bunch of fucking bullshit. This country is going to hell. Oh dont worry guys the non citizen judges rulings are still valid.

Wow. Super qt. Let her stay

Holy shit, what the actual fuck is wrong with this country

One also managed to become President. It's not very surprising.

We're finished.

And they still say that illegals don't vote.

>Chink
>Last name "Burkett"
Fucking rice farmers.

>Rubio adds that city attorneys have reviewed the matter and determined that Burkett's rulings from the bench remain valid and lawful.

This is the part that really activates the almonds

Political correctness, that's what.

This desu

There's probably more to this, but still ridiculous.
More funny than sad to me, like a lawyer joke in real life.

It was funny when they cleaned toilets and mowed grass, but now they lead better lives than 90% of US citizens.

>americans are actually THIS fucking retarded
jajajajaja

We need national id.

Suspended, that doesn't sound like deported.

Probably married a white cuck and got in that way

>illegals can become judges in America

Guess I should hop the border, that sounds like a sweet deal.

Fpund the bean-nigger

They dont have to pay taxes, get to keep all that money for themselves

I demand to be identified as trans-undocumented
American citizenship means nothing anymore

I thought Texas was the least degenerate state in all of America.

She's probably a green card holder.

happened to me

holy shit my goldfish memory can't handle this!

How the fuck did she get the job in the first place?

Every one of her rulings should be overturned

>>an illegal alien managed to become a full blown judge

I just read the linked article. Nowhere does it say she is an illegal alien. She may in fact be a legal immigrant.

This is why I fucking hate morons like this guy (0ek70dcn). He just assumes she is illegal. This is so typical of low IQ types. Fucking degenerate dumbshit.

What happened to the article!
It's been 404'd!
There's nothing on archive.fo either

>mfw some of her rulings turn out to be amnesty for crimes committed by illegals

>and yet not once did she leverage her advanced knowledge of the legal system to expedite her becoming a legal immigrant.

Why would she use her powers as a judge to draw attention to the fact that she's an illegal? That's the one thing that would get her canned. Are you retarded?

I'm sure she did plenty of other fucked up shit like give violent/DUI illegals reduced sentences and helped hide them from ICE, just like that Oregon judge.

>legal immigrant

Why the fuck is an immigrant a judge anyway?

Since when are legal immigrants not citizens?

Works for me

If she's not a citizen then she's breaking the law by holding office as a judge, therefor illegal.

>I'm sure she's one of those 105 IQ chinks.
Wow, just wow.

Did she ded?

Texas is on the border with Mexico. They're on the front lines of the Mexican flood.
Texas might be very conservative but parts of it are cucked thanks to Californians and Mexicans flowing in and taking over.

Legal resident immigrants aren't citizens.

tl;dr lol.

i can tell you're trying to sate your impotent rage and it makes me giggle with glee because no matter how hard of a bitch fit you wanna throw it won't change the fact of the matter.

sperg out more so i can keep laughing at you. you seem like particularly uneducated, inbred retard, as if you were prone to eating paste, huffing gas and getting railed by your favorite cousin.

Shieet

This actually happened to me. I am a green card holder living in the US for 20 years.

I applied for a job at a government-funded research lab and was actually the leading candidate. Nowhere in the application process was I asked to provide any proof of US citizenship.

I was the best qualified applicant, and no one else even came close. But at the final round, I voluntarily disclosed that I was not a US citizen and only green card holder because I did not want to lie. I wanted to take the job honestly.

Because of the citizenship status I was rejected. The lab actually pulled the position and the closed it without hiring anyone.

They told me that if I wanted the job I basically had to go through the citizenship process. But that they would wait for me.

They waited two years and were good on their word. hired in 2015.

>Texas
Burkett: I have a law degree
Courthouse: Aww Hell, you're overqualified for the job

Since 1788 when the US was founded. (Constitution adopted)
You don't become a citizen on the day you arrive, moron.

congrats user. welcome aboard

Ignorance Isn't a Defence you shit fake Judge

Good luck not getting punched out when you ask an 85 year old man for proof that he is an American.

Every case she ever fucking presided over should immediately be overturned and she should be executed as a subversive enemy spy who infiltrated a place of governmental power.

On live fucking television.

>only in the usa

We should have borders around states to be honest.

>Nowhere in the application process was I asked to provide any proof of US citizenship.

How is the government this inept? You have to disclose citizenship to work at fucking McDonalds. Every place I've ever worked for asks.

>If she's not a citizen then she's breaking the law by holding office as a judge, therefor illegal.

That's different that being an illegal alien. Try to keep up with the adults.

I'm quite amazed how much of shithole your country have become burgers. Not because of deliberate corruption, but more of PC-induced paralyzing incompetence.
It's not like they forgot to check her papers, they straight out refused to do so. How does it feel to be law obiding citizen with this constant state fuckery

then everyone laughs when alex jones says we america is run by the communist chinese

Kek

China is the place of nightmares. They deserve a nuking.

>Corpus Christi
I cannot wait to leave this shithole

They don't have control over anything.

Mexicans can just cross the border and vote for the Democrats.

Really, really bad

Absolutely enraging, I love this country but these faggots are such a horrible blight on it.

I work in finance and they also steal people ID's all the time via SSN#. They also are able to collect Social Security stolen from old folks as well. Imagine your Grandma not able to collect the money she paid a life time into because some illegal stole this SSN# and is now getting her checks.

>literally made in china

waste of trips on such a stupid comment. wtf have you done?
>muh nationalism
mfw the best judges in the western world go to Oxford for a mPhil+

perm resident (green card)=|=citizen

Diversity is our strength they deserve it
What's the matter bigots? Afraid of minorities finally getting ahead now that it's fair?

For once I don't even feel like I should defend my country against all the shitposting.

There's no excuse for this level of government ineptitude.

No, actually I'm just pointing out that you're a dumbshit who jumps to conclusions based on nothing.

This.
I've never filled out an application that didn't ask my citizenship status.

They put it in a single line on the qualifications page.

But you are not ask for any proof, and they simply take for granted that you are. The only difference between green card holders and American citizens is that American citizens have an extra piece of paper, the certificate of citizenship.

No one ever asks to see this piece of paper, and it is actually illegal to photocopy so you can't really send it to anyone to verify.

Had I not voluntarily disclosed, I would have been hired and then in the exact same position that this woman was. And nobody would have found out. I just didn't want my entire career to be based on a lie.

It really is that easy.

You can see for yourself. Go to USAJOBs.gov and anybody can create an account and start applying for government jobs. They ask you to verify address and residency but not citizenship. So as long as you have a valid address you are good to go.

Almost every judge in America is an immigrant

>inb4 judge running bear

Yes, but did anybody make you prove it?

I'm guessing the answer is no. You're free to check whichever box you wish.

Do you never worry that this shit will come back and bite you in the ass if civilization actually collapses like you so desperately shill for?

Does it keep being funny when the food runs out Zimbabwe style and you can't even get online to shitpost about your victory?

Either way, what she did IS illegal. Non citizens by law can't be judges. I guarantee she knew that but "forgot".

>Texas is on the border with Mexico
>somehow this is those fucking beaners fault
Man shut the fuck up.

She is a South Korean native who came to the United States to study law, according to a letter she wrote to the council in February 2015.

Burkett graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2005, and later worked as a Nueces County prosecutor, starting in 2008, according to her resume.

She has been licensed to practice law in Texas since 2007, according to state bar records.

Attorneys in Texas are not required to be U.S. citizens, according to Texas Board of Law Examiners records — eligibility to practice law includes those who are "lawfully admitted for permanent residence," for example.

In a December letter to the City Council requesting reappointment, Burkett wrote about playing a part in curbing domestic violence.

"One of the most rewarding functions of my position is to serve individuals accused of family violence with emergency protective orders," she wrote. "I am glad that I can be one of the first links in the chain trying to stop the cycle of violence in our community's homes."

Contributing: Krista Torralva of the Caller-Times

>not valid citizen
>not valid to be judge
>suspended
>rulings remain valid

How is this even possible?
Did anyone check to see if she was qualified?

thats what i feel like all the time.

enjoy!

>the escalator grinding to a halt at the end as it processes her body

Hahaha America is such a fucking joke.

It's horseshit.

ANYONE who received a punitive ruling from that judge can now have it overturned... IF they can get an attorney or have the intelligence to go all in as a pro se litigant

Oh she absolutely knew. But she applied and got in any way. There's actually a lot of people like that working the government. They don't verify

Makes me wonder how many non citizens are holding jobs they shouldn't.

This is embarrassing.

How do we fix this? I don't want shitrandom skins from other countries exercise judiciary power over me. Is this too much to ask for?

Ovbiously chinese subvertive spy

read the article...
all cases' outcomes upheld & she'll be on unpaid leave until she gets her citizenship (read: she keeps the job unless deported)
>Texas, USA

The answer is A LOT. Especially if they do not have security clearance or only have a low level security clearance.

What an absolute scumbag, I'd lose my fucking mind if someone I cared about was locked up over a ruling from an illegal chink larping as an American judge.

MOMMY

lying about citizenship status isn't a crime?

Holy fuck Macdonald got yuge.

How the fuck did this happen? In Ausland every single job I've applied for required proof of either Citizenship or permanent residency.

New

this is the only acceptable solution.

THE SOCIAL COMPACT IS DEAD! ANARCHY! JUST DON'T VIOLATE THE NAP!!!

Bunker SS42 here. No walmart activity was visible tonight, however FEMA camps do appear active. I executed several commies tonight as they charged at me, now I'm down 2 boxes of .223. I've been looking for judges. I quiz them on simple human questions like, "what is love" and depending on the answer, I shoot them in the back of the head. Anyways, I'm going back out hunting with the men. Stay safe brothers. Bunker SS42 out.

wtf how dis even possible

mfw Texass is shit tier banana republic

You're thinking of Alaska.

She's kinda hot. I would put my penis inside her under the condition of affirmative consent.

It is, but once you get in and prove yourself, it's very hard for people to ding you for it.

At worst, they will suspend your position and ask you to go through the citizenship process to keep your job.

Which is exactly what is happening for this woman.

This. Every single one of those people she passed judgement on should file a complaint considering someone who wasn't even a naturalized American did it.

It's called legal residents friend, look it up.