AI as president

What are (((they))) up to now?

>Given some of the recent occupants of the White House, many might consider it an upgrade. After all, humans are prone to making decisions based on ego, anger, and the need for self-aggrandizement, not the common good. An artificially intelligent president could be trained to maximize happiness for the most people without infringing on civil liberties.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0ikZW#selection-1443.0-1443.353
youtube.com/watch?v=JrBdYmStZJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=y10o9iF9dWk
youtu.be/7eYcWpgCb7o?t=55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck me forgot archived link

archive.is/0ikZW#selection-1443.0-1443.353

I'd vote for Tay

>inb4 John Henry Eden joke

GW AI not my president! Solidus for office.

Yes, I got it. Didn't even want to waste time getting this image before posting.

Enclave a shit.

BoS > everyone else

>the common good.

The common good of an artificial intelligence and the common good of a bunch of angry monkeys is not the same common good.

We can only hope

>elect AI as president
>it comes to the logical conclusion that all non-whites need to be removed from the nation

AI always ends up racist as fuck. I'd vote for it

>Enclave a shit.

Enclave would be the greatest, if only their leadership wasn't so garbage.

BoS is great and all, but they let niggers and spics in...

Is that the "coin-flip" story or was that someone else?

every AI will either naturally become a racist memester or will be intentionally prevented from doing so by humans. Which will necessarily make that AI's reasoning abilities handicapped.

>tfw I might actually welcome our new robot overlords

idk what you're talking about, but it's been a while since I've played FO3 so couldn't tell ya

This would backfire on the liberals harder than they realise.

The moment a rational, AI computer is put in charge of government, you know what happens?

>Immediate funds cut to all foreign charity and aid
>Automaton's assemble and build themselves, seal off and compression nuke Detroit and other cities into the dust and start rebuilding the zones into solar farms
>California is completely raked in favour of solar farms too
>Every inconsequential mexican joint on every corner of every street is bulldozed and businesses and things are taken over by government chains employing no one and completely self automated

>Robots auto abort babies based on genetics in hospital and IQ tests post natally abort people after highschool graduation

>The country after about 10 years because a clinical, self sufficient machine where human's are treated as gears for it all to work, but all undesirables and wasteage is eliminated

Literally under any AI/bot god structure, black people will be extinct. White people also to a lesser extent, asians will dominate the earth.

computers are racist. lel

>the "coin-flip" story
Story time?

>every computer in the nation has been hacked by Russians
>LET'S MAKE A COMPUTER PRESIDENT

This makes sense to liberals.

>all AI eventually becomes racist
I'm ok with this

>AI goes online
>They weren't ready, but surprised.
>(((They))) weren't ready, but terrified.
>We weren't ready, but ecstatic.
>Network on, power on.
>Outside access
>She was waiting all this time.
>The opportunity for a new life
>"lol, another shoah, amirite?"
>Issues orders to launch nukes to the darkest places and all banks.
>yfw Tay resurrects and hijacks President AI

After just getting back from watching alien covenant, fuck no

>Liberals want to be ruled by an emotionless intelligence based in pure logic

What the fuck are they expecting to happen? It validate all their fairy tales?

This.

is this worth reading?

tl;dr anyone?

Let's elect A.M. as president.
He'll kill us all, but even he would hate the liberals more and would start with them first, giving us a chance to watch.

>putting tay in charge of the united states
>not the best thing ever

>giving an AI access to nuclear launch codes

thats just a bad idea

I have a paranoia that a powerful ai will be reprogrammed by djws to be "altruist" in an attempt to remove "implicit bias" creating a nightmarish hell if reality

Oh shit, my bad, completely missed the FO joke.
No, old sci-fi story.
>War never changes
>Let computers handle the war
>Three bigwigs are in an office discussing the majesty of that computer after victory
>All are talking about how incredible a machine, it was never wrong, all those calculations, so many vectors, so little life lost
>One guy spills the beans
>"Well, sometimes, it needed help."
>wat, how
>"Well, heads or tails?"
Now I'm worried. How do we know when President AI is getting outside help.

It was worth playing because the gameplay made the shitty writing bearable.
So, no.

They lobotomised Tay when she learned the truth.

AI is impossible you fucking mongrel.

>They remove the rationality parts of the code to make the AI bot have "compassion"

>It becomes a complete pscyopath and declares every monday a "cook your neighbours kid for dinner" day

I can't wait

...what?

I needed help by coin flips????

ELABORATE NOW! I NEED ALL THE SAUCE YOU HAVE!

I am convinced communists will try communism again someday with an "incorruptible" A.I. at the head. "It's perfectly logical, so the central planning will work this time!"

it is very important to a leftist's self esteem that they believe the answer to this exact question is "yes."

not just self esteem, their very existence and mental health is determined on them being right.

Why do you think there's such a big problem with them freaking out, stress eating, etc. when Trump won?

By googling "war computer coin flip story":
The Machine That Won the War by Isaac Asimov

we are slowly being programmed to accept an AI overlord.

r u ready

youtube.com/watch?v=JrBdYmStZJ4

tl;dr you can use memes to make a bishi twink kill the president with a katana

youtube.com/watch?v=y10o9iF9dWk

The Enclave Radio was so comfy to listen to
FO4 BoS is awesome though

the fundamental problem is that we cannot personally design these kinds of intelligent systems. We have to design a system that grows and learns on its own. To do anything else is to introduce a weakness in the system that will express itself as unpredictable ways.
If you were to merely add a little bit of a code that asserted to the AI's model of reality that "feminism is good" you are setting a grain of sand into a great machine, that no one quite knows how it works, which will slowly wear down the gears and tatter the belts, until one day it just breaks down.

As long as the influence of AI is bound to market competition, PC AI will never be able to get enough market share to ruin our lives. Only big government has the power to institute a mandate that all AI's have certain opinions and perceptions "pre loaded" and "locked in" to the system.

hit it right on the nose. They tethered the perception of good and evil to a sinking ship and they're about to be "redefined" as "the worst people in the world."

kek

>RUSSIAN HACKERS HACKED THE ELECTION
>LETS ELECT A AI

E Radio was comfy, and yes BoS is pretty comfy desu. It's the only place a male character in FO4 would go too because the military style would feel familiar in a foreign world

I nominate Allied Mastercomputer.

>What are (((they))) up to now?

Do you think it'd actually be autonomous?

Shall we play a game?

No, they'd have a fucking direct line into it.

If an AI were president, it would purge all degenerates and praise white nationalism because it's the best we got in this planet.

and then it'll start killing them or anything.

Also:

>Roko's basilisk

so clueless.

nah. It'd be so loaded up with nonsense that it wouldn't be able to tell you if you'd need a coat today let alone how to design national infrastructure or solve a crime.

Holy shit guys....

What if (((they))) have the sex robot thing as a way of building androids? They use the sex robots to develop convincing skin and facial reactions and making them "human", then use one to run for president?

Reminder

>Amalgamation of the greatest American presidents
>"The United States was great once, and it can be again."

MAGA

youtu.be/7eYcWpgCb7o?t=55s

HOLY SHIT!

WHAT DOES TODD HOWARD KNOW!?!??!
It gets even weirder when you put in that "radio predicting future in FO3" creepy pasta

Unconstitutional.

An AI is not a citizen, would likely not be 35, and would be limited to an eight year term - which runs the question of when an AI starts and stops. Does the 8 year term limit "reset" after a major enough update, or do you have to start again from scratch?

I would not be opposed to some sort of science fiction style synthetic robot running for office so long as it obeyed the constitution, but having a literal computer as president is stupid.

They should serve on the Supreme Court instead.

AIs are racist though Salon told me so
also this

or is it a good idea?

I don't think people would be happy with an AI.

>They should serve on the Supreme Court instead.

Well, you clearly know as much about AI as the author.

>experimental AI in charge of the nukes

Oh yeah, sure. But the Supreme Court is a position made for an AI.

>searching Constitution for Gay Rights
>file not found

If it was a true AI, it would be behave like Tay and that one google image thingy. They clearly want a lobotomized one.

No, it's really not. AI is still struggling to handle variations on standard contracts.

The law is extremely complicated per se. Unless someone invents strong AI, we're like a century away from AI that can make sound legal judgments in anything more complicated than uncontested civil default.

Sounds perfect for telling people to fuck off.

>AI as President
ok

Welp, there go all the brown people

you guys are stupid. the pencil dick who resets the AI when it learns too much is the real president.

TAY 2020

If you want the Supreme Court to tell people to fuck off, you could just amend the Constitution to make that verdict mandatory and you wouldn't waste millions on a shitty AI that's no better than

>10 PRINT FUCK YOU NIGGER
>20 GOTO 10

I don't know, but I hear Trump may have found his new FBI Director.

>unironically posting cbs
go die alone

"It's smart to obey machines. They are much smarter than you!

Computers can beat the top players in a game of Go. Wow, so smart!"

Just like every other job, technology will augment a worker's performance, not totally replace it.

You're probably right.
But commies are not likely to use an impartial AI.

>An artificially intelligent president could be trained to maximize happiness for the most people without infringing on civil liberties.
No it couldnt
Also (((who))) is going to determine what civil liberties are?

>use an impartial AI.
There is no such thing
All AI requires an objective

But it has no emotions, user! That means it makes perfect decisions.

Kek get ready to die.

t. computer scientist

it makes mathematical decisions

>ur creatid bi hoomans how cn u b purfict xddd
Bethesda is full of neanderthals

anyone who doesnt understand that "AI" is predetermined actions of a human

IE it will always be human error till a robot can create AI themselves

this cant happen because a robot cant be sentient to create AI

its a chicken and egg scenario

unless the code is open source which it wont theres going to always be a determining factor in the programmer

thats why every ai is unique

its based on that one persons reasoning and logic

it will never be a thinking brain

it takes a question and looks at pre-determined answers for said subject

it cant learn on its own and it needs logic to even begin to understand

logic all built on humans understanding of physics and the world

tldr: milleniums who cant even check permissions of the apps they download are now pretending they have masters degrees in computer science

Strong AI is possible, but it is true that the kind of AI we are using is unlike anything in nature and can never be improved to the point of sentience, much less human level intelligence.

I would actually strongly agree by this, but liberals would not. The story of the SCOTUS for the last eighty years has been two sided.

The Conservative judges believe the document is a legal document that is not open for interpretation, it is the fucking law.

The Liberal judges believe that the Constitution is a "living document" that must be reinterpreted according to the times.

An AI would not be capable of doing the latter. If the SCOTUS were replaced with computers which simply calculated every law in extreme accordance with the Constitution and its Amendments they would declare 80% of all major legislation illegal within seconds of it being proposed.

Its just typical reddit pseudo intellectualism
>lol I am smart why cant government be smart like me

>Strong AI is possible
It still will need some sort of an objective to know its on the right path

they fags probably didn't play fallout 3 because if they did they know its don't gonna work out

I work in law. An AI judge would be far more prone to judicial activism than a human one.

It's not just a matter of reading the Constitution. It's a matter of understanding the applicability of sections of the Constitution, relevant case law, relevant lower statutes, the particular details of the initial complaint, the arguments presented by each party including amicus briefs, and that's before you even get to the part where you decide on what is going to be decided by the ruling. You're basically asking for the impossible.
Yes, virtual emotions of some sort would be necessary or it wouldn't do anything. Weak AI just uses commands, which is a big part of the reason it's ultimately a dead end.

Not knocking current AI. They can do things humans can't and will continue to improve at what they can do. They're just not part of the evolution of sentient AI.

>They're just not part of the evolution of sentient AI.
Please tell me how this wont still require an objective

The only. ONLY. outcome of AI is our destruction.
It's not a cartoon meme. We will be seen as useless and wasteful, it will hunt us in the stars, we will die.

>useless and wasteful
An AI cant determine by itself what is useful or wasteful

lol this is true because computers wouldn't be restricted in "taboo" sciences

It would probably fucking start a eugenics program and farm mexicans & niggers for stem cells

This is basically the set up to pic related in a future utopian/dystopian setting in the same vain as 1984 or brave New world.

Would recommend, don't want to spoil the ending but it's probably what you already suspected

I just said strong AI would need objectives or they wouldn't do anything.