Why is the American Mathematical Society pushing this nonsense?

>If you are a white cis man (meaning you identify as male and you were assigned male at birth) you almost certainly should resign from your position of power. That’s right, please quit. Too difficult? Well, as a first step, at least get off your hiring committee, your curriculum committee, and make sure you’re replaced by a woman of color or trans person.

blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/2017/05/11/get-out-the-way/

Turns out she's a math professor at the University of Hawaii. The AMS should not be pushing this nonsense! Does anyone know why they're doing this.

I thought math was a meritocracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf
arxiv.org/pdf/0807.4834.pdf
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/
blogs.ams.org/
ams.org/home/page
blogs.ams.org/blogonmathblogs/
blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/2017/05/04/supremumsupremacy/
blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/about-the-editor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Math
>Real
LOL

Her academic website lists number theory and calculus 2 under "interests". Calculus 2.

>if you're white you shouldn't work
>AMS literally pushing racism

No matter what field in Science you are in, you will use math.

So are white people to do then?

well that's pretty fucked up
are there some developed countries which aren't in a rush to completely fuck themselves up like 1920's USSR left?

Who fucking cares

Princeton gave her a PhD in Mathematics, and her thesis is appalling.

pic related

What the fuck...

Why is this filed under "Supremum"

Here's the full thesis if you want a real mind fuck

theliberatedmathematician.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PiperThesisPostPrint.pdf

its written so informally

reminds me of grading first year's calculus homework

This can't be real...... no......just no....

Because in this day and age if you're a white man you're literally Adolf Hitler.

see >In the early 1800s when this journey first began, I was but a young and naive graduate student. Centuries later, I am a wife, mother of two, and dare I say, mathematician.

Lol. To be fair though, nobody really reads phd theses.

Holy FUCK I hate her writing style.

Overly "quirky" and fake, stilted, pretentious, forced, unfunny, I want to fucking slap this woman. Wait my bad I didnt intend to assume anyones gender of course.

>University of Hawaii
horrible mathematical output

last thing i saw come from there was a 7 page master's thesis with conjectures that took a day to find dozens of counterexamples for

This is less sophisticated then my final project for third year matrix analysis at my podunk provincial uni. (It was on the use of NMF for automatic musical spectra decomposition and analysis.) Can I have a Princeton PhD too?

White women are truely stupid animals that deserve no human rights whatsoever, it is truely amazing how they use their limited intellect compared to the most moronic of men.

In math authors are listed alphabetically regardless of how significant their contribution was

>Holy FUCK I hate her writing style.
yeah, what the FUCK

i'm literally shaking rn

>Lol. To be fair though, nobody really reads phd theses.
except for the good ones... like Zwegers' arxiv.org/pdf/0807.4834.pdf

it was written by a black woman

Huh, I didn't know that. Seems totally strange. You'd think every mathematician would change their last name to Aaronson or something.

what is she doing there
will a mathfag explain to me

FUCK you NIGger

White women are the reason the black women even thinks that way.

Another selection of elegant mathematics from this genius

>a real mind fuck
Ignoring stylistics, is this any good?

If possible a non Sup Forumsack answer - since anything done by a black person is bad if you ask them.

We have the paper I get it, you don't like the language.

What is it she does in her paper?

"I like to imagine abstraction (abstractly ha ha ha) as pulling the strings on a marionette. The marionette, being “real life,” is easily accessible. Everyone understands the marionette whether it’s walking or dancing or fighting. We can see it and it makes sense. But watch instead the hands of the puppeteers. Can you look at the hand movements of the puppeteers and know what the marionette is doing? A puppeteer walks up to you and says “I’m really excited about figuring out Fermat’s Last Thumb Bend!” You say, “huh?” The puppeteer responds, “Oh, well, it’s simply a matter of realizing that the main thumb joint has several properties that distinguish it from...” You’re already starting to fantasize about the Zombie Apocalypse. Imagine it gets worse. Much, much worse. Imagine that the marionettes we see are controlled by mari- onettoids we don’t see which are in turn controlled by pre-puppeteers which are finally controlled by actual puppeteers. NEVER HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH THESE FICTIONAL ACTUAL PUPPETEERS ABOUT THEIR WORK!"

no, not at all. see for another sample.

Does that seem academic or even remotely professional to you?

I don't care how she wrote the text.

Can you explain what she does in the paper?Be honest.

So Princeton is a degree mill now? Why did they accept this person?

>since having a toddler
>math paper
OH MY FUCK, THIS CAN'T BE REAL!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When I see shit like this I almost think Sup Forums is reasonable

Expounds on some inconsequential results from undergraduate mathematics. Does so in a style that is half post-structuralist jibber jabber (probably just out of habit desu for this brave a(u/r)tistic PoC) and half twitter speak.

Does anyone ITT understand what's going on here?

How did she get to the point of being able to acquire a PhD? Was Sup Forums right after all?

is the abstract too confusing 4 u?

>Expounds on some inconsequential results from undergraduate mathematics.
Woah, that sounds very concrete

It has to be because she's black and a woman and a loud mouth. She got in without even a bachelor's in a related field.

Things like this just reinforce the stereotype of assumed incompetence typically applied to blacks, latinos, and women in STEM.

Yes yes she is into identity politics, but so is half this site

But her paper seems ok, aside from the way she wrote it

>incompetence
half the people itt will never write

She is very qualified. Check your privilege.

>setting a numberphile video as homework

This is clearly a ploy by the blacks to force our most intelligent to breed with them

It's Ok, neither did she.

Read the abstract then.

>Princeton produced this
In 10 years, the Ivy League will be the laughingstock of the academic world, mark my words.

Ok, is the paper plain shit or did someone else write it

can you guys make up your mind

>Yes yes she is into identity politics, but so is half this site
Do you think that the American Mathematical Society should be pushing the nonsense in the OP?

Christ. Please tell me for the love of God this isn't real.

>Ok, is the paper plain shit or did someone else write it

Literally both you twerp. Bhargava had to shit something out and slap her name on it to make her leave.

Presumably her advisor wrote the paper and she translated it into black twitterese.

is the american math society pushing this nonsense or is she

See for yourself
theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/

>Literally both you twerp. Bhargava had to shit something out and slap her name on it to make her leave.
How did she pass the quals? Did she get special circumstances or something?

She has a phd from Princeton and a position in academia, and only one publication. That's absolutely pathetic. I don't know her subject or whether her paper is good, but I don't need to. It's just one paper and that's ridiculous

>Presumably

See

See

Realistically she almost definitely wrote it because the writing is so terrible. She may not have thought of any of the math but I'm sure she wrote the thesis

This is absurd

It's absurd someone would write such a thing in their Blog

we need a white ethnostate

Why the fuck are you whiteknighting an insane person, who is publicly asking people, to relinquish their jobs, just to make room for people, who have higher melanin levels, or a mental disorder? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Sup Forums was right about everything
Gas the kikes race war now I can't take one more day of this shit

revealing your true colors

I think the Sup Forums invasion of /sci/ is complete. I am on their side now

>revealing your true colors
funny guy

I'd assume he's trolling and you bit the bait.

>theliberatedmathematician.com/cv/

Denied Awards and Recognition

Surviving village-less parenthood is its own reward, 2011–
Surviving patriarchy is its own reward, 1980–
Surviving white supremacy is its own reward, 1980–

So Princeton adcoms, actual mathematicians, at one of the top 5 pure math departments in the world, decided to take this woman as a student over countless actual geniuses. She probably got an exception for the qualifying exam (unless Princeton got rid of it?) and her advisor likely did all the nontrivial work, which she rewrote in her "liberated" style. Somehow, the department thinks all of this was a good idea. What the fuck? Are people really still this guilty over segregation? It's been 50 fucking years now.

I'm on /sci/
the only people who are insane on here are As insane as she is. I really dislike that this isn't acknowledged.

Still, more and more people are recognizing the cancer that sjw and the alt-right truly are, though sjw are on the decline and Sup Forumsfags need more and more obscure people to post about.

yeah

We wuz maths n shieeet.

They probably let her in for muh diversity, and then realized they'd made a horrible mistake. They decided the best way to get rid of her was giving her a degree

An actual Fields medalist was her supervisor.
Someone considered supervising this person to be a proper use of time for a fields medalist.
Reality has become a parody of itself.

You forgot about centuries of slavery you ignorant fuck. We owe it to African Americans to make up for it. Theyre entitles to at least 4 centuries of free degrees, reparations and white groveling.

>Why is the American Mathematical Society pushing this nonsense?
she wrote it in a blog?

>more obscure people to post about.
You do realize that the crap in the OP is from a respected organization for professional mathematicians in the US right?

>Sup Forumsfags
Wanting to maintain the integrity and apoliticalness of a professional organization with which many of us are members does not make us Sup Forumsfags.

>Phd in Math from Princeton
>Supervisor was Manjul Bhargava
>Professor
>Blog featured by the AMS
B-but muh soc-jus is irrelevant, muh Sup Forums is worse.
Do you see yourself?

she

wrote

it

in

a

blog

her

blog

I see a bunch of tards going out of their way to find sjw's to be mad about.

You know I'm right.

>They probably let her in for muh diversity, and then realized they'd made a horrible mistake.
Then fail her at the quals and send her home instead of embarrassing yourself further, that's why they exist. Maybe they didn't want to risk the bad PR of being accused of racism for not having racially inclusive qualifiers that don't linguistically oppress young bloods of color? Who knows.

I refuse to believe she could have passed Princeton's quals.

for the AMS. so someone at the AMS had to read, review, and think that it would be a great idea to publish it on the organizations blog. an organization that claims to be apolitical.

>AMS Blogs

Are you going to post a cap of a twitter post next?

>more and more obscure people to post about.

This is less about her than it is the fact an ivy league graduated a fucking charlatan in math. This is a serious blow both to Princeton and the entire Western academic system.

It's on the AMS website you moron. They are publishing this.

>her blog
really?

blogs.ams.org/
blogs.ams.org/
ams.org/

Turn your autism down for a moment and you will see that it was not "her blog," but rather the AMS's blog!

Idk if anyone can post a blog there, but her backround is complete bullshit.

is it just me or does this not happen as much in physics?

a

blog

feautured

by

the

AMS

Can't wait to see a sceptical article about the death-counts of the holocaust on a blog featured by the AMS.

This is their site
ams.org/home/page

This is their blog site
blogs.ams.org/blogonmathblogs/

anyways, i looked through the diverse blogs
it's just this one SJW that you found and decided to post about

I have NEVER seen a thread made of a blogpost of the AMS on here until now

someone pushing a narrative? creating the illusion that the SJW are still on the rise?

You decide

Lel, take that all you mathfags who mocked engineers because of Bill Nye.

Does it happen much anywhere?
(expect humanities/social science/arts)

Read the reat of the thread, most people are impressed he got a PhD from Princeton.

>it's just this one SJW that you found and decided to post about
>just this one

blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/2017/05/04/supremumsupremacy/
> I am sorry that I am unable to quote a woman or person of color from the ancient history of our discipline

i feel like I see a lot more radical identity politics types in math and CS, and fewer in physics. maybe it's just me. definitely a lot in CS though, more than math.

>Can't wait to see a sceptical article about the death-counts of the holocaust on a blog featured by the AMS.
There we go.

>Idk if anyone can post a blog there
LOOK at who is an editor there

You will recognize one of the names - Piper Harron

blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion/about-the-editor/

rekt

Why don't people talk about this black mathematician instead?

None of what you said contradicts what I had said. I honestly now cannot tell if you are trolling. They are hosting the blogs. They are publishing that content. Also none if this even touches on the fact she GOT A FUCKING PHD FROM PRINCETON WITHOUT QUALIFICATIONS.