How would he feel in todays society?

How would he feel in todays society?

>Lovecraft referred to the area's immigrant population by referring to Red Hook as "a maze of hybrid squalor".[3] He spelled out his inspiration for "The Horror at Red Hook" in a letter written to fellow writer Clark Ashton Smith:

>The idea that black magic exists in secret today, or that hellish antique rites still exist in obscurity, is one that I have used and shall use again. When you see my new tale "The Horror at Red Hook", you will see what use I make of the idea in connexion with the gangs of young loafers & herds of evil-looking foreigners that one sees everywhere in New York.[4]

>Lovecraft had moved to New York to marry Sonia Greene a year earlier, in 1924; his initial infatuation with New York soon soured (an experience fictionalized in his short story "He"), in large part due to Lovecraft's xenophobic attitudes. "Whenever we found ourselves in the racially mixed crowds which characterize New York, Howard would become livid with rage," Greene later wrote. "He seemed almost to lose his mind."[5]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7qQ7A4rWM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like /ourguy/

His political views were essenrially fascist as well he's literally /ourauthor/ also his stories are great.

He wrote this poem "On the Creation of Niggers"
>When, long ago, the gods created Earth
>In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
>The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
>Yet were they too remote from humankind.
>To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
>Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
>A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
>Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

He was racist as hell but he was also an elitist, self-absorbed and REALLY stupid son of a bitch if you read anything personal of his. Endorsing him just makes yourself look worse.

>t. dark skinned foreigner

The man was genuinely unintelligent, and of his day the equivalent of one of those self-diagnosed INTJ fags. Being that desperate to stick up for him only makes you dumber.

youtube.com/watch?v=V7qQ7A4rWM8

He was r9k, literally ourguy

Just give him a leather jacket and long hair, and that's Styx right there.

Unintelligent? What?

I mean, he wasn't Shakespeare, and he may have been socially retarded/neurotic/autistic, but he read a ton - fiction and nonfiction - and he synthesized into a world-vision that has influenced many writers and other artists for going on a hundred years now. Some of it stinks, and some of it is first-rate.

In short, he wasn't dumb, nor "genuinely unintelligent."

Glanced at thumbnail and expected a discussion on Woodrow Wilson
Removed at birth?

You do realise you are acting exactly as pretentious and dumb as the man you supposedly describe right?

Lovecraft was a great author with an amazing soul to his story, or better put, devoid of any soul in his stories, they are genuinly unsettling and pick up great tales from folklore and expand on them to build his mythos.

Of course he was racist, look at the time he lived in, everyone was insanely racist then.

You write short stories and novels like him and become world famous and appreciated by millions, then you may talk like that.
Until then, go to work you lazy bum.

Dude, he thought the Dutch in upstate New York were niggers too. This guy was an Anglo Supremacist - I think we all know where white infighting leads...

>insert laughing jews here

This, he was very much an Anglo/Nordic supramacist, a lot like Varg Vikernes, autsitic too.

He renounced most of his radical views by the end of his life. He also married a Jew.

She-jews go out and hunt dangerous males for a reason , kikery comes from the mother

So what you're saying is that if I become a known Neo-Nazi Mossad will send out a cute Jewess to marry me?

Lovecraftian horror is a reddit genre

Niggerman best cat