Is transhumanism degenerate?

I would say transgenderism is, because you can't alter your chromosomes.

However it is actually possible to become a cyborg. Lots of people now have robotic prosthetics connected to their nervous systems.

A cyborg isn't inhuman, but it's also not purely human. Part of it is human, part is machinery. Is it valid to say this is a new type of creature which is not accurately categorized as one or the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PG7GwCVG_hI
youtu.be/6hKG5l_TDU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm Christian and I think it might end up being the mark of the beast. People without the augments will be unhireable

transhumanism via genetic engineering is the inevitable future of mankind.

>is being immortal and eternally youthful degenerate?
no it's how we achieve utopia you disgusting insect.

>cyborgs aren't human
they're just amputees with lots of money...
are amputees who can't afford prosthetics human?

its only degenerate if you willingly embrace it

Scripture specifically says the mark of the beast will be a tattoo on the forehead and back of your hand.

>Only people who opppose transhumanism are the ones with perfect bodies
:thinking:

There is nothing wrong about improving the quality of life. You would deny a prosthetic for a man who serving your nation? Fuck off

Also it would be nice if we got rid of aging in next 40 years desu

Not wanting eugenics is degenerate. Being some fucking (((robot))) is testament to a failed Race (Europeans).

Think of lives we could live if we removed our enemies and focused on improving training and nutrition over (((robotics))).

The human parts of them are human. The machine parts are machine. How separate are they, when they are surgically connected and the machine parts receive and obey signals from the brain?

The most healthy, fit human conceivable still cannot defeat the most advanced robot conceivable.

>blood is simply biological coolant.

No, it carries oxygen. Sweat is the coolant.

>Christians can other religious nuts can fuck off to hell

Mormons actually embrace transhumanism as a path to becoming gods of their own planets. But then, Mormons gonna morm.

Alex Jones says cutting your arms and legs off is all the rave right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=PG7GwCVG_hI

We already had this thread yesterday and a huge problem was that no one provided their definition for Transhumanism so everyone kept talking about different things.

Skeptical, but if i`m hella old and i`m bored.why not?

>Also it would be nice if we got rid of aging in next 40 years desu

The time frame can be even longer than that. All you need are rejuvenation treatments that turn the clock back for just long enough that you make it to the next wave of medical advances that can turn it back once again.

No, staying bio-human is degenerate. Perfecting yourself through knowledge and technology is what separates humans from beasts.

Is there a working prosthetic hand/arm that exists, similar to that in MGSV? (without all the crazy shit). Because if functioning prosthetics like that exist, I would not mind having an """"accident"""" in which I lose my left hand/arm

if leg prosthetics are much stronger than legs I would cut off my legs to get it

What documentary is he even talking about?

Degenerate, but most of all a mental illness and should NOT be accepted in any way. We kill to few people. Why? To keep the machine going ofc.

Yes

Its not accurate as human arm but its getting there. I recall attaching it to nervos and bone was the biggest gripe yet

No, osteointegration has been done recently. The titanium attachment point is drilled directly into the core of the remaining bone.

>have a soul made out of rancid shit
>it's okay though check out all this metal shit I have instead of a body

Yeah silicone valley liberals you sure are transcending

What are you talking about? Who said that? Nobody is being killed, the aim is to defeat aging and other human weaknesses.

It would be much cooler to have a bionic arms and legs that are much stronger than human limbs instead of your biological limbs

Not a tattoo, but a mark. I believe transponders/micro-chips will be involved.

it definitely does not, you fucking potato

yea and infection rates are 1/3
have fun with that

this

Those would not be outwardly visible, which scripture says the mark will be. Also the authors of scripture didn't know what a microchip is and didn't have any special information about the future. Your religion descended from a very successful end of the world cult which continued to grow generation after generation until it completely absorbed society and became the default. This is why it is difficult for you to recognize it for what it is.

I don't think that they currently have anything that can compete with the human hand.
I guess for legs you have these springs that help you run faster, but I wouldn't consider those an overall upgrade

Transhumanism is redpilled as fuck if done right, but technoprogressives are insane fuckers who want to remove tribalism from humans.

Lol

Don't call me a potato when you are so deeply deceived and do not even realize it. Why do you fight the people trying to help you?

>technoprogressives
Never heard that term before

Can't wait for the unbridled hedonism phamily
youtu.be/6hKG5l_TDU8

They want to revive dead soldiers. They are called NON HUMAN CYBORG UNITS.

when you drive a car the car is receiving signals from your brain via you pushing on the gas or tuning the wheel
up until recently robotic prostheses worked the same way where you had to push buttons to get them to do what you want
now we're making technology that works by direct command by your brain
if your computer typed just by you thinking it does that make it a part of you?
why is a robotic limb any different from a car?
what about a robotic exoskeleton that increases the strength and stamina of people with all of their limbs?
I don't see how a piece of technology acting as a substitute for a limb is any different than a car aside from it being attached to you and cutting out a few steps between your brain telling it what to do

It should be a tool rather than an ideology like it is right now. Rabelais once wrote "science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul" and I fully agree with it

Nice try, Satan+2

>if your computer typed just by you thinking it does that make it a part of you?

No because I can get up and walk away from it.

>why is a robotic limb any different from a car?

Surgical integration

>I don't see how a piece of technology acting as a substitute for a limb is any different than a car aside from it being attached to you and cutting out a few steps between your brain telling it what to do

it is different in the ways you just listed

what am I even looking at man, that doesn't reference the mark of the beast being on the forehead on hand at all.

Think of American progressives who want to genetically engineer people to not be racists, or sexists or any other type of ist.

Keep reading. Especially the bit at the bottom.

It would pretty much just be a closer integration of the tools we already use daily anyway.

It is already starting, too. A couple decades ago, no one had a PC. Then they had towers that could only be used in a single room, then they had laptops that could be carried around on desks, now they have smartphones that can be used literally everywhere.

The next logical step will be a revolution for the way you interact with your smartphone (or its successor), so that you don't need manual or vocal input anymore.

Not degenerate, could be if it becomes a social requirement or norm, The new Deus ex games puts shows it the best at how it would be commercialized and how it would just evolve from being a growing trend to a necessity.
Pretty degenerate desu

interesting...

yea lol I'm not religious brah

Jesus fucking Christ.

It isn't though. I think it's a pretty legitimate way to extend your life.
Nothing but a tool for an end.

Deus Ex was not far seeing enough. What if robotic prosthetics are just a stopgap? As technology improves, we will be able to make artificial body parts that more and more closely imitate the structure and function of biological parts, until it's indistinguishable down to the cellular level.

it will be genetically modified (pastoral ubermensch) vs technologically modified (high population degenerates).
I should write a screenplay

Ah, that's what I had thought. I'd really only want it if it were an improvement of the human hand. Like same fluidity/accuracy in movement + the bonus of having mechanical precision and super human strength in one arm (or, stronger, whichever)

I guess i just want a super charged V8 left arm that could knock some antifa faggot out with little force/effort and the ability to crush just about anything in my robo-hand. Say, an antifa ankle so they cannot escape. It'd also have to be a fully rotating 360 hand like MGSV though. That's so I can active the "meat grinder" when surrounded by 100 antifas

>Is transhumanism degenerate?
>I would say transgenderism is

I think you're confused, because those are not analogous concepts. "Trans" is an abbreviation for "transcendence" in one and "transitional" in the other.

What do someone's limbs have to do with their being human? Heck, even if you replace your entire body with a machine, how does it make you any less human? You still possess the psyche of a human. Your nature and essence don't actually change.

Are pace makers a basic form of transhumanism?
Because I know a lot of people that have them and I don't consider them degenerate.

Not if it`s necessary to replace a lost body part due to an accident or illness but selective trans-humanism is degenerate.

Totally. The people that are into this are spiritually weak. Nature is the only path to perfection.

ten years lads

You would be stronger, but only as precise as your brain is capable of. Also to get the full strength of out a robot arm you'd need a titanium skeleton otherwise all the extra stress of lifting something really heavy would just be transferred into your regular skeleton and break your bones. You pretty much have to augment everything in order to get the most benefit

>Nature is the only path to perfection.
Then stop relying on modern medicine. If you're going to make arbitrary subjective value judgments, at least be consistent about it.

What non-technological species has been to the Moon? How can biological creatures become spacefaring without technology? If they do not become spacefaring, how will they last in the long run?

Better to not become spacefaring than to stop being human, IMO.

fuck the moon

Yeah Westworld tackles that too pretty well, even though the main narrative would be the road o self-awareness, but they explain that the android parts are almost indistinguishable from human flesh and bone.

Imo, they are crude forms of it.
These people altered their body via machinery to do a better job than it was doing on its own.
The fact that it was doing worse than it should without the machinery is not that important in my opinion - because then you'd have to define some completely arbitrary "norm" below which it counts as medical procedure and above which it counts as transhumanism. When in both cases it would be about pushing your body beyond the limits it would naturally be capable of via engineering.

Btw, does genetic engineering fall under transhumanism, too?

I would trust a robot before I trust a nigger

>Better to not become seafaring than stop being homo halibis, imo. p.s. ooga booga

Humanity is shit. I'm leaving it behind.

I would say yes. It's a form of artificial improvement, just to the biological side of things.

I hope none of you cunts use a mobile phone, because that is augmenting your body, and is basically one of the early steps toward cybernetics.

>How many scoops? Could you please repeat that?

WTF m8? We`re talking about transhumanist BS.

The first Human who used a tool became a Cyborg.
Also everyone from that up who used any kind of material to replace a certain body part, even if it would just be new teeth.

Up to now prosthetics arent better than the original but this time will come.
Combined with enhanced biological parts, either directly before birth or after that.
And this has nothing to with being " degenerated " but getting Humanity on a new level of progress.

It will probably be biological from the get-go. With technologies like CRISPR-Cas9 and insertional mutagenesis, it will be more likely (and logical) to biologically enhance your body instead of cutting off parts and replacing them with clunky, unreliable robotics. Man-machine interface is where the cyborg shit will go down.

Other than that, expect to see a lot of animal-human (or even plant-human) hybrids in the next 50 or so years.

>mr kikeberg said we nee to mine moonrocks for him, looks like i better eternally enslave myself inside of a robot so i can be a more effective slave

>obviously the languages from scripture were capable of expressing everything that was needed to be said, it's not like languages have evolved throughout time and have allowed us to express ourselves in a more detailed manner

"Hurr derp I don't know anything about ur fairy tale n I don't care if contextual evidence or a prophecy might give ur view some merit"

Most of its premises and conclusions are false.

It's an opiate for the masses.

Only if it's cosmetic. If iprostethitcs are functional, then it's fine, even if it happens to be extravagant.

>Btw, does genetic engineering fall under transhumanism, too?

Yes it does and once again we germans will be falling behind the rest of humaniyt because our so called " Elites " will raise picture of Mengele and Lebensborn once this technology will be available for everyone.

>However it is actually possible to become a cyborg.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

A L L O F T H E M

these new robot hands made me a more effective cotton picker, look at how enlightened i am.

you didn't really provide any good explanations
what part of surgically attaching technology to you makes it different from other technology?
what if it's not surgically attached and it's removable?

I'm sure you would say a chip imbeded underneath your skin would be in the same realm as robotic limbs but what about steel implants or even fake teeth or a surically attached hearing aid.

also we've come to the point we can grow or 3d print organs using the host's DNA
is someone who gets their heart replaced with a lab grown heart not human?

I'm not seeing any specific qualities of robotic limbs that you can't apply to other forms of technology that you wouldn't consider part of their body making them nonhuman

comes down to legal questions. if they can just experiment what consequences turning certain genes on and off has, they'll definitely go for bioengineering since then you only need to alter an already existing machine instead of building it from scratch

if regulations are super tight, artificial machinery might be a way around it

of course it is, its playing God
exactly what liberals do but more elon musk style

At least we are pushing automation. That's my last hope for Germany at the moment.

Those aren't arguments. Why is surgical integration suddenly making it a part of your body? It isn't made of your cells, your body can't repair it. Is someone confined to a wheelchair a cyborg too because they can't get up and walk away?

top kek.. he is young and already earned canadian pension!

People will just get stuff done in countries that don't have these regulations like they do for body mods today.

>I would say transgenderism is, because you can't alter your chromosomes.
>However it is actually possible to become a cyborg. Lots of people now have robotic prosthetics connected to their nervous systems.
>A cyborg isn't inhuman, but it's also not purely human. Part of it is human, part is machinery. Is it valid to say this is a new type of creature which is not accurately categorized as one or the other?

Transhumanism is only degenerate when one does it for anything other than necessity.

>retarded christcucks trying to stop the future again
I'm so glad you people are powerless and dying out.

Wouldn't you agree that it is the mind rather than the body that must take on the role of Ubermensch?

rolf.. you are couch potatoes and this guy already earned american medal!

Jedi scum

>Hedonism
Boomer-tier nonsense, The main reason why the youth are utterly fucked. lack the ideals of starting a white family and working against the kike menace. Hedonism should rightfully die out just like other Marxist tactics. The world especially the west would be better off without it. It makes everyone into an asshole, not to mention why older people look like shit nowadays.

Hedonism is not the future, Look at your average person who's into it and you'll see they're miserable as fuck. Turn from penitential traditionalists into degenerate sex obsessed freaks of nature who lose their youthfulness.

>replace your body limbs with shit made in china
>cant invent teeth regrow science

BWAHAHAHAHAHA