How does Sup Forums explain the fact that the best guitar player of ALL TIME is a Middle Easterner?

How does Sup Forums explain the fact that the best guitar player of ALL TIME is a Middle Easterner?
youtube.com/watch?v=k4ixAfJ1LuI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CG1AnrtohKY
youtube.com/watch?v=gLvQODmn1bw
youtu.be/W-WKOeZLfBE
youtube.com/watch?v=0nX-zsrk02M
youtube.com/watch?v=PQhTpgicdx4
youtube.com/watch?v=YiJae5yZhXY
youtu.be/Be8Pt7tTEEc
youtu.be/YvSueVPRrYY
youtu.be/DYiA1uo03Is
youtu.be/TPBbPkGXOkI
youtube.com/watch?v=wDAHl54V0CU
youtube.com/watch?v=WhTHxkIllvU
youtube.com/watch?v=UmnmQz_DlIw
youtube.com/watch?v=-_f2xU_h02A
youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M
youtube.com/watch?v=3E7_8FWqY9o
youtube.com/watch?v=EbFh1gyuVjM
youtube.com/watch?v=B8gOMUjwtwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JehTzIgwk2k
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=AAdGGLIxrwM
youtu.be/_q0nImsfMvE
youtube.com/watch?v=cE2swkx9WXE
youtube.com/watch?v=CmNUhNHG-_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BfCYgorqgLA
youtube.com/watch?v=-0pOVHQVEe0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not Fripp

Classical guitar, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar can all vary a lot in style and composition, and comparing talent in one to another is nonsense.

That being said, Jimi Hendrix often tops electric guitarist lists which only further obfuscates the issue.

>Le pentatonic scale 1960s man

God honest truth, even with that overly gaudy Spanish style, it still lacked any kind of heart or soul or human element. He just robotically masturbated the same 6 or seven licks he's memorized over the past 2 years without any thought of improvisation or adding his own style. To say the guy is mediocre is a compliment.

nah

/thread

I hope you aren't impressed by this. this guy is decent at his flamenco jam but it's not very technically complicated and his delivery is a little unpracticed. here are what a couple of actually good guitarists look like.

youtube.com/watch?v=CG1AnrtohKY
youtube.com/watch?v=gLvQODmn1bw

coming from someone who's played electric and classical guitar for nearly two decades, that's a bunch of crap t b h. it's true that there are some dynamics to electric guitar that are not present in classical, but a technically skilled classical guitarist could dominate these features with a few days of practice and not even remotely vice-versa, as most electric players don't even learn to fingerpick.

hendrix is very talented and he could make a guitar express emotions like almost nobody else could, but his compositions aren't very technically challenging and his improv is a rearrangement of his set of tricks, unlike his contemporary jerry garcia who was skilled across the board, more explorative and much more interesting when it comes to improv. he's one of the world's greatest guitar performers, not even close to the best guitarist though. much of 80s hair metal out-performed him technically, and all of the greatest guitarists in the world are literally who classical artists, many of them probably hobbyists because people want performance in their music and not skill/complexity.

Damn dude what was even with that second link?
It's like he's using a delay pedal on his acoustic guitar

it's the acoustics of the room he's in. a flat-walled room with hard surfaces and a typical dual-mic setup will produce artifacts very similar to but not as extreme as a delay pedal. it's also a recording trick in some cases. for example, some audio samplers prefer a large open room with concrete walls. the delay effects from the drums in "when the levee breaks" by zeppelin were produced by sticking the drum set in a stairwell of an old factory building.

She isn't bad
>youtu.be/W-WKOeZLfBE

That guy sucks.

I am a classical guitarist and I am better than him.

Here's a good white guy
youtube.com/watch?v=0nX-zsrk02M

Are you fucking retarded? You think a classically trained guitarist could master 8 finger tapping à la TJ Helmerich with a few days of practice?
>most electric players don't even learn to fingerpick
So fucking what? Do most classical guitarist learn advanced plectrum techniques? Protip: they don't.

Eight finger tapping is not that hard. I wrote an eight-finger tapping song before I even started studying classical guitar

That's what happens when metal wire is the only bomb component you have left

yes. finger tapping is actually a very easy thing to do, and is a product of the pickups of an electric guitar and doesn't even sound good acoustically due to inaudibility. it's literally just hammering on, you could do it with one hand. you're reflecting a lack of experience with the instrument by bringing up tapping as though it's difficult. if you knew what you were talking about you would bring up bending, as that would be the most difficult hurdle for a purely classical artist much of the time. on a thin-neck guitar with low-gauge strings, I doubt it would be very challenging after a day or two of practice.

>advanced plectrum techniques
there isn't really anything you could possibly be talking about other than arpeggiating a single string, which most classical guitarists can do more quickly and smoothly with multiple fingers.

I think you should get some experience with classical guitar before coming to a conclusion on this. pull up a contrapositional piece like BWV 997 Double and try to play it and perhaps you will understand why you sound senseless.

this is some amatuer flamenco guitar. You do know the jews made this stuff up.

Top pop. He's not even close.

Tapping is the beginners alternative to sweep picking

This was lovely. Thank you, user.

>best guitar player of ALL TIME
You're fucking joking right? He's alright, really good even, but greatest of ALL TIME? Not a chance.

If super technical playing is your thing get into metal. It's faster than that, it's more precise than that and it's way more fun.

Many great metal guitarists, but metal has pretty much become a meme.

Metal guitarists have stopped being innovative or interesting. Prog is the worst. I downloaded the new Obscura album and couldn't even get through it.

Oddly enough, I would say one of the best metal guitarists was Synister Gates. It's funny because A7X are one of the most plebian metal bands ever.

Synister Gates is simutaniously underrated and overrated at the same time. He is not acknowledged for the actual brilliance of his guitar solos, but acknowledged for the hype around his cringy hot topic image.

There are not many metal albums that have guitar solos like on City of Evil. Even classics like Necrophagist don't compare.

I wish this guy would record a 996 session. I'd like to see how he handles it. maybe he has, but I've only been able to find some 998 and violin piece adaptations from bach done by him.

>the best guitar player of ALL TIME is a Middle Easterner

Actually, he was a Belgian/French gypsy.
youtube.com/watch?v=PQhTpgicdx4

Fuck this "best guitarist" bullshit, and it has nothing to do with politics.
>there isn't really anything you could possibly be talking about other than...
He's just saying classical guitarists don't fingerpick, similar to how classical guitarists don't use a flatpick for playing. They're different expertises. To me it's retarded to compare classical guitarists to electric guitarists. The range of expressive possibilities is probably even bigger than on a classical guitar. But it's true most classical players are way better and can think way faster and more musically

Congratulations. You've finally grown out of your teenage Rock stupor and discovered that there is a world of other music out there NOT geared to drooling adolescent angst.
Now extend beyond your naivete and search for the abundance of classical guitarists who blow this guy away.
Some day maybe you'll even discover opera, or even more illuminating, the vast number of modern composers creating fantastic orchestral music right NOW.

stevie ray vaughan was a texan

sage

Not a factory, just a big old house. I believe Jimmy's house.

Never even listened to 996. He did 1006 and it is fucking beautiful. His playing on the Prelude is incredible

What the other guy should have said is: yes, he really is playing all those notes . It's not an effect, nor the room. He's just using legato and open strings. re 0:32 onwards, 1:00

>Django

Lmao bruh. Every single one of his songs sound identical. You could listen to Nuages and you've heard them all.

He has an arrangement of Libestraum that is pretty weird, I like it though

No mention of John Williams or Julian Bream.

Fucking kill yourself OP.

>To me it's retarded to compare classical guitarists to electric guitarists.
I used to say this before I was experienced in both. now it's pretty obvious to me where the true technical masters of the instrument lie, and that there's no reason to not compare them, since almost all abilities carry over(mainly in one direction).

Everyone knows the best Musicians come from Europe/the West. Wtf is this retarded thread?

Yeah this

After you seriously get into the world of classical guitar, electric players look like their fiddling around with plastic toys.

yeah, 1006 prelude is a beautiful piece. I've taken a couple of jabs at it over the years but never really sat down and actually learned it. I can't believe you haven't listened to 996 if you're into classical, it's easily my favorite suite. this guy has my favorite performance of it(first eighteen minutes), he also kills 1006.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiJae5yZhXY

Plebs dont even know Ben Monder.

>youtu.be/Be8Pt7tTEEc
>youtu.be/YvSueVPRrYY

Or even Jonathan Kreisberg for that matter.

>youtu.be/DYiA1uo03Is
>youtu.be/TPBbPkGXOkI

youtube.com/watch?v=wDAHl54V0CU
heres some ear soap for you anons

Lel

>best guitar player of all time
>not Shawn Lane

youtube.com/watch?v=WhTHxkIllvU

this guy know his shit
and this one is a piece of shit. I bet you think Sweet Child o Mine is the best song ever and you want to suck eric clapton's ass or some shit. Educate yourself you little country nigger.

You couldnt even consider these two the best guitarists, because theres no such thing. Everybody has their own distinct style that sets them apart, and thats what makes a good guitar player.

This is funny because it sounds like a Spanish piece blended with Bach.

I have a classical album that I want to post here but don't want to dox myself. Someday I want to make classical music and market it towards alt-right types, somehow

Buckethead was better than this guy at age 20. He's not good in contrast at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=UmnmQz_DlIw

>Educate yourself

I'm too educated to enjoy plebian shit like Gypsy Jazz. Django is overrated. Cry about it

MARTY FRIEDMAN, THOMAS HAAKE, DEVIN TOWNSEND, DAVE DAVIDSON

Fpbp. Listening to Larks' Tongues Pt. 1 right now, too.

*blocks your path*

He plays some cool flamenco style music here but there's nothing groundbreaking about it.

I recommend any guitarists learn some of this spanish stuff to expand their skills.

>le pretending anyone actually listens to le 80's shred wanking

Just wanted to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=-_f2xU_h02A

that dude is not great, id say he's good not great. worlds best? is a joke.

I can't really take what you said seriously after the answers you gave in this thread which basically reveal that you're a connoisseur larping as a skilled guitarist

I'd like to see how great all the others are with their pinky and ring fingers superglued to their palm.

you can only be so blasphemous you know. Overrated? Literally invented jazz guitar. With two fingers, which you only use dip your fucking chips and to clean your ass. The guy was a patriot and he loved his country. He is a fucking guitar god. I attended a jazz academy and no teacher would ever talk about him, just because it's not "intellectual" (faggy) enough. I did a 9/4 arrangement of Nuages and the fucking teacher didn't even know the song. Too busy sucking Miles Davis' baby dick i guess.

I could play this, and I'm not even the best guitarist in my extended circle of friends

I'd make music videos if you want your music to get out there better as well as appeal to a certain crowd. even editing public domain footage can work, there are some killer boards of canada videos made that way. it's true that it's a bit of a gimmick, but videos and memes make music more popular these days with the explosion of the internet and social media. simple frame-by-frame flash 2004 animations could do the trick.

exactly. He was a fucking god and there's not a single more expressive guitarist that i know of. (Angelo debarre and Bireli Lagrene are demigods though)

>Ana Vidovic

My friend knows her. She's a massive bitch and she stole somebody's guitar.

andres Segovia ( Spanish) franco morone (Italian) John Williams (brittish and segovias master student)

>THOMAS HAAKE
Drummer, bru

Can you give me an example of what you're talking about? I don't think I understand

>1000 effects pedals
>reverb
>harmonizer
>1000 notes, 1 pick

I'm taking a shit know that is more musical and inspiring than this shit.

>YYYYEAAHHH GUYS SO FAST FUCKKKKKKK LOOKKKKKKK YEAAAAAH FUCK

Mention Nickelback around normalfaggots, and you will likely trigger an involuntary reflex that has been planted in their minds by the (((media))).

>They SUCK!
>All their songs sound the same!

But why? Why has Nickelback been targeted for such hatred? It's because they're 4 white males that promoted traditional values through their music. Now, I could just claim this, or I could give you evidence. Here are their first 3 singles from their debut album, 'Silver Side Up':

>'How You Remind Me': youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M

The number one most played song on U.S. radio of the 2000s. Literally a song about a guy rejecting an unfaithful girlfriend when she crawls back to him.

>'Too Bad': youtube.com/watch?v=3E7_8FWqY9o

Deals with the issues of growing up without a father. Spent 32 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Rock charts.

>'Never Again': youtube.com/watch?v=EbFh1gyuVjM

The band's third straight number one about the evils of domestic violence from a child's point of view.

Clearly, the band tapped into the Zeitgeist with 'Silver Side Up.' The album was certified 8× Platinum in Canada, 6× Platinum in the US and 3× Platinum in the UK. And ever since, they've been the victims of a targeted smear campaign.

An unconscious hate exists in the minds of our peers. Just mention Nickelback to 3 people you know, and see what they have to say.

They promoted White Values, and now we hate them for it.

Didn't know Eddie Van Halen was a sand nigger...

Steve Jobs was supposedly part Egyptian.

check it out my brothers, Portugal in a nutshell

quote the problematic statements or it's literally just salt. I prefer using quotations when criticizing someones text because it proves that I am not just an anally hemorrhaged bitch boy crying about getting his feelings hurt.

regardless, I won't consider myself "skilled" until I can play a couple of pieces I still can't handle after a decade.

>hotshot larper

GTFO you probably suck. Not denying that classical guitarists are better, but a lot of the nuance of electric guitar cannot be learned in even a year. The way preamp gain and overtones effect chord choices, using harmonic feedback loop for sustaining notes, full step bends, tremolo techniques, palm dynamics and shaping note voicing with your rhythm hand. Not to mention not even getting into having an ear for quality tone and how to maximize it with your phrasing.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8gOMUjwtwQ

You got the wrong Arab, this guy is the best guitar player.

youtube.com/watch?v=JehTzIgwk2k

pedals don't really mask bad playing they only amplify it. he ain't bad but he ain't the best either.

pure garbage. you morons don't understand music. now for some white guitar gods:

John McLaughlin
John Scofield
Allan Holdsworth
Les Paul
Jim Hall
Ben Monder

the list goes on...

Literally crying reading this comment. It should be copypasta.

Roland Dyen's arrangement of Nuages is pretty good.

>Jazz academy

I understand where your rage is coming from with a terrible life decision like that. Django's music just hasn't aged that well. It all sounds the same. We can acknowledge that he was innovative and also acknowledge that most of his original compositions are boring

that the majority of organized criminals in the EU are now mudslimes
the most rape is done by sandniggers

like, here are a couple of examples of music that isn't particularly spectacular in any way having their popularity slingshotted by having fun music videos. one of them is made with literally just clip editing and another seems to be mostly home video footage.

youtube.com
/watch?v=PD3RCwNseqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AAdGGLIxrwM

>But why?

I have always said this. Always. Nickleback are NOT that bad. Most other top 40 artists are way worse.

The guy has a good voice and some of the songs have a decent hook.

youtu.be/_q0nImsfMvE

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

I typically don't give a fuck about lyrics or what a song is "about". I only really care about musicianship, melody, songwriting, and whether the singer can use his/her voice effectively and creatively as an instrument and not just drone some mindless, pretentious lyrics. Nickelback was generic, normie-tier, rock radio drivel. That's why they suck.

I know, it was a terrible decision, but i was too old for conservatory and couldn't afford a private one.

And now that I read it, it would make great copypasta, you're right.

>Best guitar player in the world

Is he even trying?

Probably haven't heard of them because they suck at writing music

The problem with most metal guitarists is that while the good ones are technically very good, they lack any kind of real theoretical knowledge which limits any kind of real innovation and why I think metal has stagnated so much in recent times... I would say the best metal guitarist on the whole would probably be someone like Michael Akerfeldt from Opeth who has shown he's innovative and capable at basically everything, even if he doesn't really venture too far out of the harmonic minor zone, has really improved in singing and songwriting too and a very capable lead guitarist when he wants to be as well.
Still hard to look past someone like Steve Vai as the most fun, emotive guitar players of all time talking generally speaking though

Yeah I don't agree it only takes a few days to learn electric guitar techniques.

>hotshot larper

I've been in multiple touring bands, released popular albums and been on tv/radio, so not a LARPer

Yeah of course anything in extreme styles of guitar music takes talent/practice/dedication and intellect to actually write a good song. But I just don't think that most electric guitar techniques are that hard to learn.

Like tremelo or rolling triplets on classical guitar is more difficult than most electric techniques.

Once you learn how to sweep on an electric, the door is pretty much opened to all other techniques

>flamenco guitar slapping
no you fucking fag

To paraphrase Jimi Hendrix: "Rory Gallagher is a Middle Easterner?"

Skip to 3.30

youtube.com/watch?v=cE2swkx9WXE

Shits hard to play

dynamics involved in electric models differ from instrument to instrument, it's kindof silly to consider them an umbrella of guitar skill when it's just learning how to make your specific instrument not sound bad with your specific equipment. the same goes for a strat distortion genius being handed an SG and an envelope filter, if he has no experience combining the two objects it's going to take some time to figure it out.

you are right about full step bends though being a potential huge challenge for classical artists, you have awareness of the instrument.

Oh I see what you're saying now. Yeah the metal band Every Time I Die has a video like this that I really like

Have you seen this guy? He makes fun poppy classical music with some goofy videos. Check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=CmNUhNHG-_Y

OP is a faggot

That wasn't good at all.

Best guitarplayers is always white, and always into rock.

I don't play guitar but why does it seem to only be plain finger players and plectrum players?
Shouldn't using five fingerpicks be the most efficient way to play?

youtube.com/watch?v=BfCYgorqgLA

Syrian.

>CTRL+F "Hackett"
>0 results

That guy isnt as good as Paco de Lucia (spanish/portuguese)

not trying to be that guy but he isn't the best guitarist in the world. he's very good, yes, but easily not the best.

lol am I supposed to be impressed by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=-0pOVHQVEe0

search for something called chicken picking

It's basically two styles of play, either using the pick on every string or using the thumb on the 3 lowest and index middle and ring fingers on the next 3 respectively.

There's no point glueing picks to your fingers or whatever you're suggesting when playing fingerstyle because you can play the notes fine with just the finger. Some people shape their nails and use those