Instead of investing in practical things like renewable energy my county is spending 150bil on 12 fucking submarines...

Instead of investing in practical things like renewable energy my county is spending 150bil on 12 fucking submarines that'll never see real warfare.

WHY?

whatever people are getting that deal have better political ties probably

Because Good Goyim expand their military industrial complexes and DON'T ASK QUESTIONS, BRUCE

12 submarines make your country more money than solar panels.

Those submarines are a part of why you don't see war.

Wind turbines are ugly asf and you can't live near them.

Solar is inconsistent and would probably require some new generation of batteries to store the energy

Both of these are correct but 150 billion could still be so much better spent

have you even played CIV before?

if you build infrastructure it will be meaningless if you get conquered because you didn't build those crossbowmen and instead when for the bank

>Mitigation

We're more like that city-state that only has a couple of riflemen and relies on his empire friends to protect his back in exchange for culture bonus.

Don't be so naive. Government spending is a racket. They are not acting in your best interests, they are making money.

So the the plan
>be small inferior city state
>have absolute minimum military presence
>rely on "friends" to fight for us. MAYBE IF they feel like it.
> wait for gahndi to get the nukes
>???
>profit

Big dicks are best

BEST
E
S
T

On what?

Ensuring your country can control its oceans as to what is coming and what is going is one of the best investments a nation can get.

Imagine getting embargoed and having your supplies shot down by enemy ships, or not being able to shot migrant boats out of the water. Control of the oceans for a nation such as yourself is vital, I'm surprised you guys didn't have naval submarines before.

Why not 4 or 5 subs, 100 million solar panels, and150000-200000 wind turbines? Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, fucker.

Because you can't take submarines with power but you can take power with submarines?

Because that 150bil was already built into the military budget over the course of a few years in preparation for the replacement of our aging submarine fleet.

Subs:

Provide intel
Patrol the sea borders that surround our country
Are an excellent naval invasion deterrent (Indonesia wink wink)
Regularly reck burger carrier groups in military exercises
Provide jobs in the construction of them (if the gov keeps to its word, of course)

But hey, a few more wind turbines for SA would be much better, wouldn't it?

We did, they're just getting a little old and these ones are the replacements. The gov's been budgeting for these for a while.

OP's just a poofta who doesn't understand the importance of naval security.

Why not have solar panels on top of the submarine for when they surface and to capture light underwater?

Then you're killing two birds with one stone you oz hole

No shit look this up. You are being forced to by the UN. Here's the real kicker you can't produce the steel and have to buy it all from Germany.

Best of both worlds: strap a generator on the propeller shaft of some nuclear submarines when they aren't being used for war.

>"""renewable"""

Submarines are cooler

subs are the absolute future of naval warfare
in the next war between two first world powers all surface vessels are kill

Id just use that money to make my own self sufficient Fortress packed with more guns then I could ever shoot
Then id tell the rest of the world to fuck off or get shot
But hey that's just me

>submarines that'll never see real warfare.
Isn't that the point of a sneaky underwater tube boat?