Why do hipsters appropriate norse mythology and norse culture?

Why do hipsters appropriate norse mythology and norse culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QztKQPV7wuo
heimskringla.no/wiki/Kategori:Alfabetisk_indeks
youtube.com/watch?v=FwAr6ciwoUg
youtube.com/watch?v=zbT8vzX4sZY&feature=youtu.be&t=172
youtube.com/watch?v=INm2xshkhlo
youtube.com/watch?v=A6j7mUxGz20
heimskringla.no/wiki/Ynglinge-saga
youtube.com/watch?v=KQc65H0Pb4g
youtube.com/watch?v=5gKW1R6mCH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Christ almighty, he's hot af.

I thaught they appropriated lumberjack culture.

norse mythology is being a faggot?

I can promise you that this guy in the OP has curbstomped exactly

Z E R O
E
R
O

people, hence he's basically a role-playing turbocuck

he's like pol. wants to project alphaness because of a lifetime of being btfo and rejected. true alphas dont have to deal with these insecurities

I don't think the average hipster even knows what that is outside of maybe Thor on the Marvel comics or movies.

nobody knows anything about norse mythology. the only thing that survived comes from christian writers at the time from outside their society

This.

Only we know about the true Norse mythology.

>what is oral tradition

Oregon and the Pacific Northwest in general has a pretty disproportionate influence on hipster culture. The lumberjack thing is obviously sourced here. There's a big Scandinavian influence in the state from immigration. It's also liberal as fuck, and has a libertarian history, and that make Christianity hard for some to fall back on even if we want to. Hipsterdom is an attempted to find authenticity mixed with fear of judgement. Hence the ironic pose.

Imagine you live in an overwhelmingly white, forested area with a hippy culture but desire a return to masculinity and spiritual connection, and you're too poisoned against Christianity to ever get into it, and you have Norse heritage.

Welcome to being a hipster Viking.

t. Oregonian hipster Viking

Pic related: Author is from here. It's a natural outgrowth of existing PNW culture somehow.

>laughable pecs
>shit tier abs

2/10

>what does norse mean?
implying the fact that it's called "northern" means it was appropriated by other people the whole time dickweed

the sagas written in runes and told from generation to generation were a big thing, werent they?

If he wasn't so desperately crunching in his shoulders he'd be LMAONOPECS

guys with beards are usually chinlets unless they are bald

I wouldn't really call Nazi's hipsters, but I guess that fits this place doesn't it?

Check out ThuleanPerspective on youtube.

I'd still let him rail me, though.

Real men look like this. Only gays care about definition of their muscles

/thread

Saved me the trouble, think OP think having a beard, in their case a fag beard, makes you an ásatrú

>Oh no what are you doing with that pig?
>What are you doing with that bowl and knife?
iiiiiiiiiiiik blood
>FASCISTS!

>Why do hipsters appropriate norse mythology and norse culture?

Say Aloha to your man bun asshole

What about pic related

Appropriated? No.

He looks like he used to be fat.

>Arg checked of truth
Einar Selvik, the one making the music, is the only thing remotely good and many of them accurate from our texts.

>That show!?!
Kiking overdrive maximus. Nothing in this show is true. If it was in the old, Danish Law would now apply in Öngulsnes
>DEVILS DIE, FIMBUL DEVILS DIE!
youtube.com/watch?v=QztKQPV7wuo

Why the fuck is he holding a christian cross?

I dunno, why do deus vulting TempLARPs on Sup Forums appropriate middle eastern culture by practicing Christianity?

Because they spend a significant portion of the show killing, pillaging, and raping christcucks

>Veistu, hvé rísta skal?
>Veistu, hvé ráða skal?
>Veistu, hvé fáa skal?
>Veistu, hvé freista skal?
>Veistu, hvé biðja skal?
>Veistu, hvé blóta skal?
>Veistu, hvé senda skal?
>Veistu, hvé sóa skal?
No they don't

They absolutely do that too.
I saw a "lumbersexual" posing with a chainsaw.
He was holding it the wrong way round.
To everyone who actually knows their shit, he looked like a plonker.

Because it's a kikewood TV show, and instead of telling his true story they kike. Okay then
>Be the @realRagnarLodbrokk
>Get name for killing an escaped "extreme strange big venom spitting snake in Agder(Likely a cobra, they imported this stuffs and there where Indians in nearby Tönsberg)
Name means sorta raincoat, as that was what it was, he took a clothing and boiled in this tar like stuff to make it water proof then killed the snake, hence the name
>Anyways he was King of Denmark, southern part of today's Sw*den all up the coast and a chunk of southern Norway
>Getting old, wants to make a name for him self, to get an ettermæle and be remembered
>Tricks sons away
Grabs 240 men and two dragons claims
>To take all of England with the entire Danish army, would not be remembered, and old lady could do that.
>But to take my self, two hundred(240) men and two dragons, then take it, this will be remembered.
Madman almost makes it, gets caught in the end
>Tortutred
doesn't say shit
>Tortured more
spit
>Toss him in the pit boys this one is hopeless too
With all his might he had left he yelled, as he let out
>THE PIGS WOULD SQUEAL IF THEY KNEW WHO THE OLD ONE WAS

ohh shit goyims, this wasn't fucking wikængz, this was fucking Ragnar!
SEND PEOPLE NOW

Then it involves where shakespear got his name from likely, as he copied hamlet from King Amlet I assume so. Ivar the boneless stood for the negotiations for the anglo peasant King to live or not, it ending up with him kiking him entire London
>All I want from you King to spare your life(grid), is a piece anywhere I chose in your Kingdom I please, which only an oxhide could cover, I will spare you for our father.

>Now fucking stick to the story, I had hopes I must admit, the entire script is there in binds.

What's his name? more? :3

puh-lease.

The only oral tradition in Norway is sucking either Sweden or Denmark off.

this. I liked it during the first season when you could forgive the inaccuracies because it was honestly a pretty cool show.
but it very quickly went of the rails into total fanfic territory.
It'd be nice if the history channel tried being somewhat historicly accurate
but then again they're the people who make ancient aliens

>nobody knows anything about norse mythology. the only thing that survived comes from christian writers at the time from outside their society
>Yes goyim, listen to be now, all your material is gone, you have no religion, you are just goyim slaves, listen to white christ

uhm, here I got some sauces for you to dig through, some 5272 of them for you online here
heimskringla.no/wiki/Kategori:Alfabetisk_indeks

This, they were all songs! And we're waking them. Imagine just how many songs you remember in your head vs lol poems. I couldn't imagine like Eigill standing there before Eirik the bloodaxe and read a poem to keep his head. Often you got the heart beat
>real deal hávamál parts, listen heart beat! They should have buffed that
youtube.com/watch?v=FwAr6ciwoUg
(this freaks out turks)

Parts of völuspá
youtube.com/watch?v=zbT8vzX4sZY&feature=youtu.be&t=172

And Varg ofc
youtube.com/watch?v=INm2xshkhlo

You need to go home

Does he travel back in time and tell the Danes to write shit down before the monks do?

shit tier.

Long hair on men.

Yuck

>Based Ari "The Priest"
>Be Ari, supposed to be priest, first to write in our old tongue, norræna or danish tongue(parted in about 1200ds*)
>Daughter of Snorre Gode(famous heathen priest/imam++) is only in the start of her 30ies when white cuck comes to iceland and try to isis things away
>First thing he writes is Íslendingabok not the bible, and it rolls on from there
>Then comes snorre later
>many are unknown, as they lit risked their life for doing this, and some were in fact gassed
Sorry the bible came later lol

>First runes Þ,þ,Ð,ð latnized was one more but it's ö now
>Then write this

who cares, can I fuck him?

this is really cool honestly.
I've always wanted to hear that stuff sung after that one wardruna song.

But he's not gay, sry bb.

Because of faggots like this that capitalize from information that is free and hipsters buying this shit because the cover looks appealing.

shittu taste

Wardruna rocks, I love skálmöld, sólstafir, tyr, sab etcetcetc too. Folksongs etc, but what wardruna there is doing is amazing. Is as if some skald of the past came back to life. The all to typical 1 norseman vs the world, espen askeladden(fairytale series), our spirit.

Anyways scholars (like Vinland etc with Helge Ingstad and co) have stood over this for lit hundreds of years with their theories then he comes. Boom, cracks it open. It's songs people, listen it's the heart beat on this kinds.
>Imaging back in the old that psychological effect
>Due to low freq drums travel further than singing
Du-du-donk, du-du-don
>We come to kill and die
BLOOD
>BLOOD
BLOOD

Sólstafir great movie
youtube.com/watch?v=A6j7mUxGz20

Probably picking loot from Christians he killed

Because he's the smartest viking, he wins almost all his battles by being smarter than the enemy or his backstabbing allies. That's why he's the only one that's always actively thinking about other religions and shiet while the others just submit mindlessly to their gods.

He would have been going looking for the big score, not some plebs shit, others would do that

Why post a pic of a sandnigger? No nords are brownhaired and browneyed, thats mixed scum.

the new nords are quite swarthy though

We're a mix of two people as it's written here
heimskringla.no/wiki/Ynglinge-saga
Æsir, Vanir. It adds up on the genemap too when you in part in the westlands at parts there find not proto germ to be dominant but proto indo genes.

We had another language, that is confirmed too, before we took proto indo as our tongue(there is a lot of fuss in that field right now). The æsir came, we fought, we fickifickied and became us. This was over 2k years ago. Frey, Freyja and their father who gave this country it's name, Njörður from Finland were all Vanir and became Diars and Disir.

The first chapter there is a big red pill, part for you as a swede, as much evolves around that

It's not.
REAL Norse religion (what you demean by calling it "mythology") is very race exclusive, and these so called "Asatru" groups that claim they will accept anyone regardless of color and heritage are not really following their purported religion...they have taken a corrosive page from Christianity, and are already well on their way to wrecking the primary reason their religion is being resurrected.

Hipsters normally have no religion, beyond a loose, general "feeling" that the universe is a construct, and whoever constructed it has, inexplicably, some concern for them.

>VANIR VISIR, VISIR ERU VANIR

>is very race exclusive
I agree, but what's your reasoning behind that? Just a thought police thing?

If you really want to go full Norse, Go build a chair out of sand nigger skulls and name your axe you did the deeds with.

On ripped men it's fine
On anyone else it's gay

because they think its trendy to be a beta male but attempt to look like a real man

most hipsters are limp wristed faggots acting like lumberjacks.

Sounds more Mongol than Norse. Or was that the joke to troll Finns with?

Masculinity. Reaction to metro sexuality

He's holding the cross of one of his best friends, Monk Athelstan

Looking tough and being tough are two different things. Chances are he'd get hammered by a guy half his size who's grown up tough rather than just gone for the aesthetics, minus the perfect manicure and thousand dollar tattoos he got inked in a rich neighbourhood. Also even if you have the muscles, posing with your shirt off like a attention starved teenage girl is just weak as shit. And GAUGES in his fucking ears, eeuugh.

This is so much of what is wrong with men today.

Found the pussy

The gauges are the only legit complaint there, DYELbrah.

Blood is everything, that is your lineage not the color of your skin, but who YOU hail from as in person by person. A common icelander can name up or could, the name of their relatives till they came from here.

See comment here, this is not bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=KQc65H0Pb4g (this my mother sung/said)

>but
>he is right in these newage hippie craps in all ways here
This about race though, that's a misconception here. I know where it comes from, the story about Heimdall and how he gave birth to the first casts which goes something like this
>Then Heimdall strolled around looking for poon and found a nice bitch, and from them all royals are from
>Then he fickied up another one which all earls and so forth come from
>Then he fickied a ordinary woman which gave birth to the free farmers
Then he found this but ugly skank, with a bent back, ugly as shit and (covered in shit) and black in the skin. He fickied her and gave birth too the thralls.

See that last one there, it means that she is covered in shit and sot from working the fires(as I do believe it says) and with dung on the fields. We had no nigger slaves.

Niggers however were considered not of Ask, that's not us, they have another tree or something. I don't know.
youtube.com/watch?v=5gKW1R6mCH4

only had violent interaction with them, no trade no nothing, gas on spot

He's ripped and everything, but I can't imagine myself losing against him.

Something in his eyes makes me believe that I would just make him eat the ground.