I work in Amsterdam tourism and speak to hundreds of people around the world everyday

I work in Amsterdam tourism and speak to hundreds of people around the world everyday.

These are the steorotypes I speak to everyday.

Your country not in this list? Ask me.
You want an example of a nationality? Ask me.

Americans: dumb, fat and have this very fake way of interaction. but it is nice talking with them.

Indians: rude but never complain. They do cut in line, very annoying.

UK: somehow handsome dudes always have fat and ugly chicks as a girlfriend. Girlfriend always has a thick layer of make-up.

France/germany: thick accent but nice and honest people.

Scandinavians: very pale.

Russians: very rich. They dont speak english but they do speak german.

Chinese: Their whole vacation is already planned before they come here.

Arabs: one of their kids shat in my store, had to clean it up. very disgusting.

Italians: always big groups of friends or familys together. They never go alone or as a couple.

Netherlands: Only come with discount or ask me for a discount.

All the people who speak spanish (spain, south america): All think you speak spanish while I dont.

>Netherlands: Only come with discount or ask me for a discount
"Geen cent te veel".

Why? No Poles?

Italians:

>we smoke weed in boat?? XD
> me: no that is not allowed in the boat.
> italians: Hey this is Amsterdam weed city!! why not??

Poles not that many. They came with the match Ajax vs legia warschau.

very normal people but they dont talk a lot.

>Netherlands: Only come with discount or ask me for a discount.
What else can you expect from a nation of flag thieves?

>All indians: we are very big group.
>me: ah okay how many are you with? we have a group discount.
> Indians: we have big group of 4, how many discount?
>me: haha no thats not a group you need 10 people.

They ask for discounts a lot although they always do a big trip in europe. They are very rich.

What about New Zealanders? With examples.

I had some new zealanders yesterday.

Very nice people and good talking with them. The boat departed too early in front of their face while they bought a ticket. They didnt get angry and just took the next one. Weird accent though.

And ofcourse they come from the other side of the world.

I never see people from luxembourg. lets hope it stays that way.

R A R E
A
R
E

>fat and ugly chicks
>thick layer of make-up.
Yep, it checks out

Iran: It doesnt happen a lot but when I have people from Iran they never wear a headscarf, look and act very western and happy.

They can finally do all the things which they cannot do in their own country without getting arrested.

Leafs?

and you guys always come to party with big groups. You demolish my whole city while doing so. always drunk you guys.

singapore

Greeks ?

Yep, the average Brit is really a bit of a train wreck - I'm glad I've managed to keep my Canadian accent, even after living here for almost half my life. Saves me a lot of grief and shitty assumptions.

Canadians always wear something that identifies them as a canadian. A lot of the times its a ribbon or a broche but also hats and bags. All with the canadian flag.
for the rest they are the same as americans.
I only get old people from canada

I want you to go into further detail about Americans.
I know we are fat and dumb, but how exactly do we interact fake?

Uncommon at best, I see them frequently the fucking hacks

very short people and the women all wear headscarfs, in general normal people.

Yeah not surprised. Brits I'd say are the extremes. either very keen on the local culture and history or just there for booze, drugs and clubs.

Canadians hope you'll remember the good times from WW2 and will like is for helping. We also wear that specifically to say "we're not Americans." Hopefully we're all friendly and excited to be on vacation there.

If not, sorry aboot that, eh?

Australia.

Thx Nederland, ik hou van je ook:3

kek
I'll freely admit that Italians only go to Amsterdam expecting le ebic dude weed

kek there's loads of italians in dam.
where are you from senpai? dutch?

Gedragen de Belgen zich een beetje?

>Netherlands: Only come with discount or ask me for a discount.

nigger I live here I'm not going to the shittiest city in the country for full price!

>UK: somehow handsome dudes always have fat and ugly chicks as a girlfriend. Girlfriend always has a thick layer of make-up.

There's a reason British men colonised the world and BLEACHED other women.

Italians behave like niggers. You're hated in Amsterdam.

what about me cunt

>Burger: *high voice* Heeey how are you?
>me: yes im good today how are you?
>burger: also good thank you.

You ask this all the time but actually you dont really care how I am.

You come in my store very happy asking how I am today. I react normally and tell you the boat left already because you were 1 minute too late.
The american loses his/her shit and transforms from asking me how I am and wishing me a good day to seuing me and my company and screaming at me.

You are acting like you are my friend but if there is one thing you dont like you will not be so happy anymore.

Probably a culture difference.

Sup Forums meetup / leaf bashing in dam when

Pale skin isn't exactly a stereotype. I demand observations about our behavior

>Russians: very rich. They dont speak english but they do speak german.
Haha, I'm not russian then. I've been to Netherlands (actually lived there for about a year)

It's a cultural thing. We used to have a Murrican prof at my uni, he'd go 'heeeey how are doooooing user' and before you could answer he'd be gone because he'd just keep walking.

Murricans are very fake people.

ofcourse we dont forget that. Most of the times you guys are friendly. but your message makes me cringe.

Any info on Lithuanians or just balts in general?

>Arabs: one of their kids shat in my store, had to clean it up. very disgusting.

Sounds like a new york jew problem and not an American problem. Please learn the difference. Most Americans are very patient. We deal with traffic and lines all day.

Any Slovenians?

yeah definitely cultural. Here you're expected to be warm and polite to people.
how are you is just how we say hello. they just expect you to say good thanks how are you.

yeah I have distant relatives from southern USA, nice as can be but I do understand the fakeness though

Hit me up senpai. Tell me about Romania.

when you have no other substitution for culture so you literally where a fucking leaf

What about us, Hungarians?

Coincidentally I'm also in tourism and my en counters largely match yours. With the addition that Finnish men are incredibly beta and that Chinese people spit everywhere. The Scandinavians refuse to bathe on a daily basis, especially the Danes. Russians are genuinely surprised when someone doesn't speak russian here, it's like they forgot the Soviet Bloc collapsed years ago. I got a bunch more of these little wisdoms, if you're curious to hear more.

In Italy.
Dutch. Very polite.
Brits. Very polite.
Americans. Very polite but fat.
Germans. Very polite but arrogant.
Spanish. Polite not very, but bro tier.
Scandinavians. Very polite but sterile.
Russians. Very rich but bad mannered.
Chinese. Very polite very poor.
Japanese. Very polite, very rich, very nice people.
Canadians. Very nice, not so fat as Muricans.
South Americans. Very catholic, very poor, ok people.
Australians. Not polite. Not rich and bad dress sense.
NZ. Same as Australia.
Irish. Polite. Bro tier.
French. Arrogant scum.
Austrians. Arrogant scum.
French and Austrians, hope you like the spit in your food.
Africans. Loud obnoxious, farmi animals.
Italians. Loud, demanding,rude, cheap.

Wasn cringe du hurensohn

Any Swiss?

wear, i need to go to sleep
fuck sake

nothing interesing you are normal

>I'm not going to the shittiest city in the country for full price!

We're not talking about Rotterdam, friendo. But yeah, people who run tourist shops are fucking jews.

belgen gedragen zich zeker. ze zeuren wel over dat Amsterdam zo commercieel is.

Do you deal with any Irish tourists op?

Yeah tell us about Paddy's

I fucking hate indians. I've never interacted with ruder people in my life. They always approach you pointing on their maps like you're a fucking dog supposed to do a trick. They never say thanks when you help them. Ungrateful fucking street shitters.

Hebben ook groot gelijk dan.

Thanks Italianon. I was in Italy for the first time two weeks ago, it was bretty nice. I like the coffee-culture.

ME TOO

japan?

THANKS

I feel bad telling you this but the ones I have seen are ugly.

I met the slickest Romanian working for a restaurant in Dam.
He spoke like 6 languages fluently and intrinsically knew which language to speak whoever he was approaching in.

what about us?
im going to celebrate my birthday in Holland so be prepared my man

>Arabs: one of their kids shat in my store, had to clean it up. very disgusting.

standard :D

YAYYYY

I thought you were going to say "Rude and won't stop screaming in the streets"

Slovakia

thx

Muhamed stob shidding on dis guys flor

What about spainards?

Austria?

Or are we in the same category as the ?

Are leafs and Americans the same? In my experience working in a hotel they seem to be subtly different. Not sure how to describe it.

It has become an informal salutation and way of starting a conversation - nothing more.

It's prob that we don't speak too much
We are very shyish people, very private

Very hard to understand their english because of that accent. but in general nice people. also very pale.

*germans

should elaborate - these cunts just don't know how to use toilets... provided security for a bunch of old fuckers to fly on the first haj flight out of basra after 'libertation'... we had portaloos lined up for them to use and after the arabs had been through there was shit everywhere - they don't use the seat the dirty fucks stand on it in their flip flops then shit goes everywhere

to top it off one arab women left a live grenade inside a spare bog role as a crude attempt at a booby trap

>lived in another country for year
>not rich
Yeah right.

>Amsterdam

Never seen so many effeminate males in my life. Is Amsterdam like what Manhattan is for homosexuals or something? The girls are easy at least, so one doesn't have to resort to shopping at the red light district. Though those girls are clean at least. Last, I get better weed off of Leroy down south Jamaica avenue. Shit was overrated.

>Italians. Loud, demanding,rude, cheap.

Wife's grandparents were from Italy. You have summed up my misery very well.

Also very two-faced and expect everyone is out to scam you.

>France/germany
only there to smoke pot

What about eastern europeans?

Netherlands: only posts on Sup Forums to push an agenda. Is never an actual user, but an EU-sanctioned faggot

Norwegian, swiss, austria

You are normal.

A lot of scandinavians in town at the moment.

I always ask the norwegians if they have heard from the TV serie occupied. its on TV in the netherlands. They like that.

How's it going and how are you are similar to asking what's up. It is a generic north American greeting similar to just saying hello. Quit being autistic.

Not OP but you visit my city a lot and you are adorable. Everybody thinks you're cute. You're a little annoying when you block the streets in large groups though, there's not a lot of room here.

Well, I have to agree with that. I noticed that when people say "hey, how are you", I just respond by saying, "Hey, whats up". I didnt answer their question and they dont answer my question. It is fucking wierd.
Idk man, I am from So. California and this seems pretty damn accurate. He is most likely exaggerating about Americans freaking out over missing the boat, but the fakeness is deffinately true, at least in CA.

Are there even portuguese in Amsterdam?

>Burger: *high voice* Heeey how are you?
>me: yes im good today how are you?
>burger: also good thank you.

this is how in other cultures you nod and continue to walk on by to acknowledge a person.

its a greeting and that is it.

we don't want to have a conversation just like you dont, when you say hello to us when u acknowledge us entering your place of business.

sorry you get all fucking butthurt about it.

Egypt

My senpai goes to Amsterdam a lot, one of my teachers is from there, he's gay and very ignorant

Everyone above the danube is alright.
All we see from below the Danube is gypsies, so ppl hate those areas.

>It is a generic north American greeting similar to just saying hello.

It's shallow. If you ask people how they are around here, expect a real reply. You can just say 'hi' Anglo, no need to pretend to care about people.

>Americans: dumb, fat
That's only the ones that can afford to travel.
Most of us are too poor to travel, and we look like average joes, with the exception of laborers, who look like bikers.

I dont see you batlic guys a lot. I thought it is because Amsterdam is very expensive and you are not the richest countries. is this true?

It's true, all the exchange student I met that were from the USA always sounded fake when talking to someone.
I'd say overly positive and makes you think they are close but they actually don't give a shit about you and just act "sociabily correct"

Most people will just assume you're Russian. Also, don't fucking walk on the cycling lanes when you're there.

What about catalans?

Don't say normal!

Yes but not a lot. More people from brazil. your colony. I feel like they are riching than you

Yeah, amsterdam is seen as the gay capital of the world for many..

>The girls are easy
Yeah totally...
been on a 4 year dry streak .

You dirty Italian monkey !

YOU MAKE PIZZA NOW AND I WANT FREE WATER NO BOTTLE WATER CAPICE ??