Why are Americans the only ones that want to go into the army?

It used to be the thing people did anything to GET AWAY from, not strive to be! In most countries the army is so unappealing, conscripts are usually treated as canon fodder and not sugarcoated otherwise. While in countries with mandatory conscription, if given a choice most men would choose to do something else in their time in the army.

Frankly I've never heard of an army that pays for student loans and young men eager to join up "to kill the bad guy" after WW1. Are these people even commited or are only in it because of the benefits? Sounds like a new welfare system to me.

a good many just want a source of income

Health care.

Directionless losers join the military because they have no where else to go. Smart people go to college.

It is weird , and the patriotism is so brainwashing .. sorry to all americans , but that is kinda true

That makes sense, but then why do I keep hearing veterans who emerge without any "civilian skills" and therefore rely on army benefits? Many don't even stay that long, exit and do something completely unrelated

having done both, i can assure you there are plenty of retards in both

Because they are the only country
1 That wasnt negatively affected by any war
2 Isnt a third world shithole were lives arent worth anything

Meaning they see war as something good and dont treat their soldiers like shit, so a lot of young guys join to be part of the tough boys club

In many parts of Flyover, it's pretty much the only employment with any social status left for young males that can't afford college.

In most countries the army is a legitimate, well paying job that constantly trains you in new skills because they want you for life. Commonwealth soldiers are usually advised to not mention their wages to american troops

You get trained to do the job, but you don't get the certificate you would in the civilian world, and people just care about that paper proof.

American whites have more testosterone than european sissies.

The benefits greatly out match the risks. With mortality rates at an all-time low considering the potential for some risky posts, getting free healthcare, a decent check that grows with time, not performance, free food and living (assuming you don't want a house, which they assist with housing financially as well with an allowance if possible), as well as many retirement or end of contract benefits, there's not really a good reason not to do it if you don't know what to do with your life. You can learn much about yourself and gain interest in fields you didn't even know existed. You create bonds with your fellow soldiers that match and at times even go beyond those of blood family. There are genuine people who feel patriotic about their country too, but those are a bit more rare, not to say those who don't go in for patriotic reasons don't love their country anyways, there are just many reasons

This is also 100% right. NZ was the same but we clearly remember how bad WW1 & 2 was because we were cucked by our ancestors into dying for muh Queen

>not wanting a job where you get to kill subhumans, become a pussy magnet, and get free everything

Yeah, due to all the military shutposting here I assumed the vast majority were selfish and only went in as a sort of financial and emotional counselling but if you put it that way there is no reason for someone to feel bad about the army if they share these things you said

because if you get a top secret clearance in the US you are pretty much guaranteed a 6 figure job once you leave

dem benefits n free shit:
>healthcare (all that crap you need fixed it's covered)
>income that's not taxed
>free housing and even better if married with kids
>free education afterwards

Literally no reason not to try and see if you're qualified to join.

Welfare queens and homosexuals

Yeah you see, none of the nationalism and all the gibs

Because you wanna be part of the most powerful army of the history of humanity?

i dont want to die for a government i do not support.

I'm curious, what party did that river vote for in the last election?

Judging by the number of assholes bitching about their student loans I don't think that's the case.

I would've joined if it didn't mean I'd become a total ZOG pawn

>gibs

It's not called gibs when you're doing a job you fucking retard

It depends on what kind of job they're getting too. Most POGs (support roles) enlist for:

- the benefits (particularly college)
- skills and training
- steady pay for fairly easy jobs.

Most of them are still patriotic to some extent; it's just not their primary motivation.

Combat arms generally attract people that want to experience combat, are genuinely patriotic, and want the types of challenges and excitement that not's really possible in the civilian world.

Because it's whay Men do. It's the most ancient status symbols for Men in general. The subculture within the military is , if your not combat then you're a fucking faggot. Hunting and being hunted is addicting, the adrenaline and camaraderie is incredible. You will never ever understand unless you did it.

You nailed it man.

In case you haven't noticed, our job market is utter shite, and college no longer means having a good chance of getting a good job. It's turned from the stereotypical path of degenerates and dropouts into a viable option for people.

That's basically just the same as being a criminal.

>b-but your hurting society
Society is shit and human life is inherently worthless.