BLACK Lightning - Official Trailer

First we get a black protagonist in the new STAR TREK and NOW we get yet another black superhero staring in his own series (Luke Cage and now Black Lightning)! NOW THIS IS PROGRESS! Welcome to the 21st century - where black people are finally starting to have a voice! This is so inspiring! Sorry white people, black people are now reclaiming their power! LITERALLY!

>tldr this looks lit!

youtube.com/watch?v=3LAUGA01mUc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PPc8F8KrEwQ?t=169
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sorry white people, black people are now reclaiming their power! LITERALLY!

I know OP is larping or whatever, but people really do talk like this sometimes, and it's weird to me because its possible to be happy for your own race without making it a weird racial attack thing. But blacks seem incapable of it.

Like even on the rare occasions black people do things for black folks they always couch it as a "hey yeah fuck you whitey we aint need you no mo" even though that's nonsensical. Just help your own kind man, dont need to attack nobody to do it.

>because its possible to be happy for your own race without making it a weird racial attack thing

this is rich coming from Sup Forums

>implying people are gonna go see this niggershit

Does he have super powers or is it the suit that lets him manipulate electricity? Why didn't they just make show about static shock instead of this no-name character?

> static shock

Because they don't actually know shit about super hero's. They just wanted an excuse to put a black father in another show.

Id love a static shock movie but they would make it too political.

Who, honestly, gives a shit?

I don't see a reason to bitch if the character was originally black

He looks pretty cool, better than Luke cage.

Pretty hyped :3

Good thing im not a racist or a loser to put value on my white skin and be self entitled

you sound white leaf dude.
do YOU believe a hero is better because of skin colour?fkn sjw shill spews race/gender do not exist then get exited when they do.
woul be funny if hero idemtifies himself/herself as WHITE trans.
will not watch....
pic of real hero

Sinbad did it better

Which one was it where there was a nigger whose power was setting himself on fire? Wasn't it one of the Fantastic 4 remakes?

This is worth watching if you want to see what CW shows are like youtu.be/PPc8F8KrEwQ?t=169

2:50

PREACH BROTHER!
I know right? Sup Forums can't handle empowered minorities!
I ain't got no problem! Like I said, it seems pretty woke and it's great to see more prominent black characters on TV!
I don't identify as "white" or "black". I am a human citizen of earth. Nice try tho.

Seems like a ripoff of Flash, only he doesn't run fast.

Whoa, that is actually super empowering desu.

I think it looks okay.
Black Guy trying to keep straight, raise his family look after his kids. It's a good message to send.
They're almost certainly going to fill it with some BLM crap(you could see there was a confrontation with the police in the trailer) but hopefully it isn't too heavy handed because that will turn off the audience that the CW is trying to build.

They film it in Atlanta which is the main reason it isn't part of the Arrowverse or Supergirl universe(I'd actually like it if they put it in the Supergirl universe, it would fit nicely and give them a chance to expand their extended roster of characters).

Black Panther is objectively a badass. Why dont they just make a movie about him?

But at least Static is not a bland character unlike pretty much all other black superheroes.

>DC = Black Lightning
>Marvel = Black Panther
Also Marvel already said that Black Panther will get his own movie soon.

>black hero who was originally black in the comics fighting inner city black gangs to help restore peace

There is literally not a single fucking godamn thing wrong with this you piece of shit nigger leaf.

I am 100% for black representation in cinema and shows as long as the character they are portraying was written as black and not white washed. Shit like the Fantastic Four where they took a white character and made him black for the sake of diversity? They can all burn in a fucking fire. Same with all the gender bending and other horseshit in comics right now.

However heroes like Luke Cage and Black Lighting are their own stories written from the ground up to be black men. Their struggles showing that the real enemy isn't super aliens from another dimension but the streets and their own violence black gangs. These kinds of shows are perfectly fine and give the black community their own piece of the pie. Something all their own. Instead of stealing and blackwashing what belongs to whites.

I like Black Panther but his backstory is literally

>WE
>WUZ
>KANGZ

Superhero movies are shit anyways. Good luck competing with Tyler Perry and Adam Sandler.

Why the hostility? I am all about positive black role-models! I can't wait to see even more black people on TV. It's time that television starts reflecting the actually demographic makeup of our society!

This show looks amazing.

>Black Lightning

So it's a show about a nigger that commits crimes, rapes white women, steals bikes and then is able to run faster than the cops?