Divorce laws

How harsh are divorce laws in your countries, anons?

In Romania:
- child support is capped at 25% of net income for 1 child, 33% for 2 and 50% for 3+
- you can choose to keep the assets you came with in case of a divorce when you sign the dotted line
- one spouse cannot divorce if the other doesn't want it unless: you beat her; you separated for 2 years; they prove in court that the relationship has been damaged beyond repair.

Post the horror/comfy laws of your country!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaC-2lj6HNg
youtube.com/watch?v=hCAczGZcXPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I pay support but since I never worked at the time I got the minimum of 250 a month. Then I joined the Army which didn't change the pay. Now I'm a disabled combat vet and it still hasn't changed and my kids get free healthcare. Kek.

I suppose you're lucky that the wife didn't take you to court once your income increased.

They are like rape for men.

- Child support on your current income. Can be renegotiated after a long, lengthy legal proceeding if you lose your job.
- Mother always gets custody of the kids and sets the terms to visit.
- Assets are liquidated even if the marriage is short term.
- Even if you aren't married you can still get trapped in a de-facto relationship where the same laws apply as marriage.
- Any joint debts need to be paid. Credit card bills, legal fees, whatever.

Marriage here is the worst mistake you can ever make.

I am not weak enough to provide for a woman, and even less to get married, but if I were a divorced man with a woman trying to get money by the divorce, I would not hesitate to go fully poor not caring for the children.

You mean Australia has common law marriage?
Default here is shared custody.

I never understood how our laws are more common sense than those of supposedly more civilized countries...

She couldn't. Army pay isn't enough for an increase.

Do women get default custody in France?

>i never understood why

You never had feminism.

How could a guy as smart as Elon Musk be so stupid as to get involved with some gold digging whore.

Truth is we had communism. We never needed feminism because women were always part of the labor force whether educated or not and that was the default.

Elon already has 5 boys though. Nothing wrong with banging some first rate pussy after a long day of work.

20 years ago the father was pretty much fucked in every case.
Nowadays I hear more and more equal splits of wealth and access to kids. Like from about 5-10 years ago the family court judges have gradually woken up to themselves.

Jordan Peterson said that right now both men and women work but in the future women will have to work because men simply won't.

I guess it is both a move towards equality and preparing for the future where the husband will be receiving alimony, not the other way around.

> child support fee minimum is 80 dinar per child ( around 40 dollar ) , most demand higher fee mostly settle for arou'd 150-200 per child if the father is wealthy enough
> the children always goes to the mother if they are under 16 if they are older they can decide
> if the mother is mother marry she automatically loses care of the children
> in case of father marrying no he does not lose
> father and mother negotiate in visit time but mostly fathers can visit any time unless he is involved violence casd

Interesting... do your laws have anything to do with the Quran?

nope , i can say most of tunisia law are secular set up by Bourguiba who was anti politic islam
the only laws i know of following it is
- tunisian women can never marry non muslim men but men can marry no muslim women ( many locals demand the law to be removed , it's being worked on )
- gays get a two years prison time ( the lgbt community here tried to remove it at 2015-2016 but they literally got beaten up and threatened by the locals
- if you are married and commit adultery you get one year prison

I went on a date with a Tunisian once. She and seemed to think more or less like a regular European. She also told me that the situation there right now is pretty fucked after the Arab spring.

> the economy is shit
> the locals are shitier
> they have the mentality of middle ages
> every one is retarded Muslim who agrees with sharia law
> the only good thing that people who decide the laws are anti political islam
the other good thing that i am leaving soon to Germany not as immigrant but as a student

Last two laws are pretty based tbf

>I make the money, provide the housing, food, state of living
>bitch takes the kids

What kind of shit is that?
Why don't I take the kids and hire a nanny with the money I'm saving not supporting the ex old lady?

25%!!!!??!

Of your income?

Holyshit!

>mfw grew up in 1980s America
>mfw father only paid $100 a month and never paid it because "fuck you!"

I don't get it, are there that many stay-at-home moms in the US?

Most women here work and would refuse to stay at home outside of maternity leave even if the husband pays for everything.

That's nothing. USA is sick.

Really?
With all the big divorces in the news one gets the feeling that the US is some kind of hellhole for men who marry. Any other examples besides your father, user?

>How harsh are divorce laws in your countries, anons?
JUST

I was thinking about that interview too, although I think that guy is Canadian.

>Any other examples besides your father, user?
Most of by buddies in California pay about $400 a month for one kid and I think like $600 for two.

Niggers and Mexicans never pay and never get fined for some reason. I don't know how they do it.

Yes, that does seem less than the 25% we have.

Isn't there a law in California that 10+ years marriages can result in lifetime alimony for the wife?

Simple question:

Why not just leave the country?
It is cheaper to learn a language from a high class language teacher and to just leave and go somewhere else and not tell anyone.

You might not be able to go back, but who cares if it is cheaper.

Child support should not be capped.

Even if the only alternative is death and selling organs, child support should not be capped.

Men get assfucked without any lubrication. Women get everything, the house, money (for their whole life), the kids.

Not worth it, do not get married.

See the above interview - that's what that guy did - left Canada for the US because he faced jailtime for not coming up with 500 000 $.

>child support should not be capped
Because...?

Because user is underfag, or a university student like me. We all gonna leave this shithole after graduation

Just beat them lighty if they have the urge to leave gotta show em your strong or they'll run off with your neighbor

you divorce, woman get jack shit and you marry a younger woman without problem
it's like changing a car here

Daily reminder that Angelina Jolie engages in demonic rituals and had a bunch of Hollywood execs watching her get gang fucked and tortured.

She admitted it on tape.

No domestic violence laws there?

Gotta get that work experience first, no way I'm leaving here just to mop floors or drive a taxis.

>"OMG johnny depp did WHAT to you?? That asshole... I'm so sorry you had to go through such an abusive, manipulative marriage. I'll protect you, and I'll punch depp's face if I ever see him around."

shit nigger im moving to italy

That's interesting because I haven't heard Italian women being more loyal or responsible or anything compared to the rest of the West.

Aside from looks, since every country has fuglies and beauties anyways, how is the reputation of italian girls?

The Romano-Germanic law family is pretty based in Family Law:

In Portugal, and I expect the same applies to Germany, Spain, France, Italy and etc:

-Child support is given proportionally with the needs of the child [meaning the mother has to keep receipts of everything (obviously of reasonable expenses to be had with the kid).

-the division of assets, in case of divorce, depends on the type of administration in the matrimony [you have three and a half]:
>>Separation of assets: What is yours is yours, and what is hers is hers. In case of divorce she doesn't get anything you own, and you don't get anything she owns.
>>Separation of assets AND OF PEOPLE: You don't have any duty to pay her expenses in case she contracts a loan and doesn't pay it; you're not accounted liable in any type of shady business she had; you're not legally bound to provide her cash or help in case she's terminally ill, sick, handicapped or whatever...etc, etc. Basically, you're not bound to follow matrimonial duties, plus what is yours is yours, etc etc
>>"General common administration of assets acquired": When you marry, every asset you purchased throughout the time you were together are common assets of the couple, meaning that all of your assets will be divided in two equal parts in case of a divorce.
>>"General Common Administration": Everything you had and will have will be hers, and vice-versa to her.

-The duty of fidelity is still inscribed in the law and it has being revived by jurisprudence after 20 years of legal coma.

-Failing to comply with the duties inherent to matrimony gets you sanctioned when you get a divorce. .e.g. custody of the kids are normally won by the father due to most marriages ending due to violation of the duty of fidelity by the woman.

Just the most basic things I recall from family law, senpai

>General common administration of assets acquired": When you marry, every asset you purchased throughout the time you were together are common assets of the couple, meaning that all of your COMMON* assets will be divided in two equal parts in case of a divorce.

They are Finns.

It's actually pretty ok in Sweden. Certainly not as bad as in the US. You divide up the assets (if you don't have a prenup) and maybe have to pay a small amount in child support if only the mother has the kids, which is quite unusual.

There's no such thing as a prenup in Sweden, lmao

Wrong.

Thanks for the detailed response, user.

The same types of matrimonial administrations exist in Romania although most people don't know about them. I believe a lot of divorce drama would be avoided if people just chose "separation of assets" and/or "separation of assets and people when they marry.

The fidelity clause does not exist here as far as I know - portuguese law is pretty based in this regard and more moral imo.

We have the highest divorce rates in the entire world.
Getting a divorce is pretty simple here.
Only thing you need to do is tell your wife she's divorced

Cool flag

Don't know how harsh they are as I don't have any experience in that

The other way around doesn't work? What about the assets and child custody?

Well, hell, any stories from relatives/friends that got divorced and how they managed it?

>non-common law system having prenups
Ok, Jamal. Then the Swede who's doing hers Masters on European Family Law in my college, who's obviously more qualified than you, is wrong, huh?

You're welcome, my Latin friend. If you do that means you're from the Romano-Germanic legal family then!

The fidelity duty was something common to everyone of us - unlike the Common Law cucks [Anglos and company] - , but many decided to revoke the traces of Natural Law in Civil Law to make it more "progressive" and to please positivists. Spain, e.g., is an extreme case of going full apeshit on revoking every trace of Natural Law on their civil code and legislating laws against men like crazy.

Nope, no relatives or friends have divorced.
Got a few friends parents that have divorced but I have never asked about it. That would be really fucking autistic

The question is, does he know she is, and if he does, who is using who then?

thx Romania good video for making my point

To It is simple even if you are a uni fag. Take a course for languages and change to a country with free Uni education e.g. Germany or Austria. So you have to leanr German and you can continue studying there.

I pay around $1200 a month for two kids. No alimony because ex was living with a another man around the time of the divorce. Each state has its quirks regarding divorce law. I kept the house because she thought she was in love. A week before it got finalized, her bf kicked her out. She now lives with her parents. Offered to have sex with me during the teary eyed post breakup phone call with me. I postponed 2 raises because my manger is based. Got both of them post divorce. House value has increased and has around 40k equity.
I have a nice qt non clingy gf. Mfw

>1200$

Did you try to get full custody of the kids or did you just say fuck it and walked?

There is soooo much money involved in the divorce racket. It's not just women who get more than their fair share, it's the lawyers, the judges (donations from lawyers), court staff, "experts", counselors... it's ridiculous.

That's common law for you, friend.

about 100 dollars a month here depending on your income

I work with a dude who is divorcing his wife at this moment. They have 3 kids, 7-12 or something. The wife been working part time and he is(was) full time. I don't know the details but he is QUITTING his full time job because (apparently he feel he is getting robbed so by quitting he won't have to pay (or as much as before) alimony. But I not sure if it will work out for him because I hear something about 'the CAPACITY' to work and he certainly has the capacity but just chose not to work in an attempt to beat the system. Hopefully it will work in his favour but I'm not putting any money on it.

Fuck it... She nailed me with a domestic battery arrest for a physical altercation which she provoked. All I did was push her off of me to defend myself, then "I'm calling the cops!" It was the last straw in a long line of last straws. I wasn't convicted, so I ((got)) to keep my life in tact. So glad I convinced her to abort the 3rd would be child on the grounds that she was likely sleeping around with a coworker of which I later found photographic proof of or else I'd be paying 1/2 right now. Relationships are messy af desu. Not sure I want my children falling for the marriage meme unless they're over 25 and are dann sure about the person they chose.

Also, if cops are involved in a domestic battery dispute, the department of child family services gets involved and the arrested man gets slapped with a neglect case that cannot be undone. I tried, so I could get full custody, but it was a losing battle. So now I just have to be okay with my kids growing up with an emotionally unstable psychopath.

It really is messy since if a woman hates and divorces you she most likely will use the full extent of the law to do as much harm as possible to you. That scares me the most desu.

Domestic battery does tip the scales almost everywhere.
youtube.com/watch?v=hCAczGZcXPk
I think this is a very educational video on the topic. Really worth a listen - long story short he demonstrated to the court that the wife was mentally unstable and violent and got full custody of the kids.

Nice hearing about the fidelity laws being respected again Portugal

Germany, where you will get beaten up and robbed by Afghans, Moroccans and Roaches