Do you ever feel like much/most of the poor and working class are that way almost entirely because they're mostly...

Do you ever feel like much/most of the poor and working class are that way almost entirely because they're mostly incompetent, especially in dealing with money?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/05/20/opinion/sunday/rainy-day-savings-money.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA&t=
taxfoundation.org/how-many-taxpayers-fall-each-income-tax-bracket/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Priorities are certainly part of it.

That comic is obviously economically illiterate

soon we'll have a star trek society and money will be meaningless

Yep; Wasn't there an experiment whereby a homeless man was given a large sum of money like $100k and he ended up spending it all and being homeless again within a month?

Also, why do people hate flat taxes? Seems like that would be the fairest way of taxing everyone.

White or a nigger?

If you are not middle class by 35, your family, social circle or your own choices were shit. Even from the bottom you should be able to get comfy.

However you are pretty much never going to be rich unless you are very lucky.

BUY ETHEREUM

nytimes.com/2017/05/20/opinion/sunday/rainy-day-savings-money.html
Yes.

This. I grew up poor as fuck. My parents were shit with money but worked hard. They fell for the endowment mortgage meme.

Now people have less of an excuse to be shit with money, you can research things with the internet with relative ease.

Also growing up poor made me want to be not poor. I wouldn't say I am rich but I'm 30 years old, own my own property and can provide comfortably for my family.

It all depends on what the flat tax rate is
If we had a country that wasn't a joke the rich wouldn't be so entwined with the government and welfare wouldn't be so rampant
Also women wouldn't vote

Niggers are poor because they are not intelligent enough to function properly in a first world nation. They belong in the jungle going ooga booga. White normies are poor because their grandparents mortgaged the future so they could get their lawn mowed for a dollar less.

Threadly reminder that resources are not and will never be free.

flat taxes mean rich people pay less than they do now and the government has less money to waste.
middle class means people who live on government hand outs.

THIS
I was given a tip to buy it in January and didn't bother to get around to it - could have made 900% ROI.
Buy ethereum NOW, it will grow massively long term.

>they're mostly incompetent, especially in dealing with money?
unequivocally yes

The rich have more money to give to the government then the poor. Fairness doesn’t matter. Effencty does.

>more to give
>implying give
bitter poorfag spotted
>bait & saged

The poor only put the effort in when they are pushed. Like you might not get around to a piece of work but then deadline looms and suddenly you focus on it.

Giving handouts is like setting the deadline for 'a months time'. If you never have to submit the work, why finish it?

yes
at least "much" of them
there is a reason why societies used to prohibit interest on money earned
there are good people out there that just aren't good with money, and most money problems aren't the result of a single catastrophic decision, but many little decisions over time

This is clearly another

>OVER 1K BIT COIN!

But funny thing is bitcoin in is still worth more now than the crash. Too late for ether but buy big after the crash.

Flat tax doesn't wreck middle class, what the fuck are these faggots smoking?

Flat tax is shit for people who receive welfare as it will result in smaller tax revenues therefore lots of social programs will get cut off.

I doubt a single person in the world considers welfare recipients to be "middle-class".

I think, in their mind, a flat tax is like "You get taxed 20k every year regardless of how much you make", instead of a flat percentage.

>Effencty
Leave my internet white ethnostate you illiterate nigger

i hope to be here by 30.
i would be middle class but i fucked up and got a meme degree now im just in debt trying to fix my mistake by getting some useful credentials

>Be "Middle class"
>Have $500,000
>Be "Lower class"
>Have $0 debt

Hmmm made me think

*$500,000 debt

If you make life for the poor miserable, expect the number of home invasions for rich people to rise.

some are poor because of fiscal incompetence
others are poor because of lack of opportunities
others still are poor because of poor life choices
and others still after that are poor because of bad luck in life

Basically it's like this:

>Poor man makes $10,000
>10% flat tax
>Poor man left with $9,000

>Rich man makes $1,000,000
>10% flat tax
>Rich man left with $900,000

People dislike it because that $1k is more important to the poor man than the $100k is to the rich man. For the poor man that is food off his plate, and medication his child can't get. For the rich man it is one less new ivory back scratcher.

99.99999999% of the reason they are poor is that reason.

source: grew up in a poorfag family

>Kill everyone in the USA below poverty line(send them to war)
>Middle class now the new poor
>society collapses as hoard money and the value of the dollar falls
>???
Profit niggers

You got to keep the plebs satiated otherwise they'll run up in your homes and take your shit. Read a history book you dumb fucks

nope
its almost entirely because big businesses don't pay their fair share to society. If you believe anything else you're a brainwashed retard and its that simple

So what is the argument? we must make everyone suffer? It isnt fair unless we take enough from the rich man to starve his children?

youtube.com/watch?v=C8kZ3HfeqtA&t=

Exactly what I think.

I grew up in middle class. Father has reached upper middle class at this point but has never handed me even a penny. For him it is important I learn to earn my own money. He's an entreprenour, I however dont care much about money but know enough to not spend it on shit things. Now closing in at 30 I have two cars and a nice house, and a good mortage and savings for anything unpredictible to happen.

Redpill: Democracy always ultimately leads to progressive tax scheme (Robin hood tax, take from the rich and give to the poor) because there's simply more poor people than rich people. So if you're a politician just say you'll tax the rich, you'll get all the poor peoples votes.

I think poor people stay poor nowadays because there isn't much competition for anything anymore. Businesses get too big and buy other businesses if they're semi competitive, and when they fail, the federal reserve bails them out so no one else gets a chance

Amazon is taking over everything

The argument is that a flat tax is very poor at maximizing or generating marginal utility for everybody or most people. Honestly some type of progressive continuous income tax would be the best option, it would still allow people who worked more to earn more money and would do away with tax brackets which cause things like people to work less since they'd make more money due to not being taxed more since they make under some arbitrary amount of money x.

What did Ben mean by this?

What's a "good mortgage"? How much are you in debt?

t. Curious

They're not mutually exclusive. I've met a lot of poor/working class people who are absolutely fucking awful with money. They constantly buy shit on credit so they can pretend to have more money than they do.

Completely ignoring the fact that all flat taxes that are seriously considered are above an income level. Typical jew

I'm from the Berenstain Universe:
>flat percentage rate of 10%, no matter whether poverty/billionaire
>only annual income is taxed
>if you opt to pay no tax or if you don't make shit and can't be taxed, then you are not entitled to public services (which includes occupying public spaces)
>social healthcare prioritises based on tax contributions, younger working age, not having terminal illnesses, not having self-harming vices, etc.
>>if the cash runs out for those programmes, then the witch doctors rent out the place until the next fiscal year
>politicians who even conjure the thought of borrowing money are beheaded
>Jewry is genocided out of existence
>pensions don't exist
It's a place where things makes sense.

Sounds like that would probably work better with VAT and tarifs instead of income tax.

Except that amazon is cheaper for literally anything you can buy.

no its not.

provide an example if you think thats the case.

Most flat tax proposals usually say the poor don't get taxed under $40k or something. I know your example was simple math and anecdotal, but what the fuck? Its the exact same percentage, sure the guy making 10 million per year isn't going to miss 1 million, but the guy making 10k per year sure as hell will miss $1k, I get it. Is it simply the liberal mentality of "paying their fair share" of being hit harder than lower income people?

Alright, so everyone under $100k pays 10%, and everyone over 1 million pays 15%? That always boils down to "what is a fair share for high income earners".

Amazon is very cheap and fast delivery service, which is my point, THEY sell everything and other companies don't, they give way to Amazon.

Not really. If we went to a flat tax and kept the same revenue needed it would be 30-40% just because of how much money the top earners have. Even if we tax the poor they don't bring that much in so there isn't much of a point.

taxfoundation.org/how-many-taxpayers-fall-each-income-tax-bracket/

Sad thing is if you look at that graph there is a gap between the 190k to 415k. You get born into the ultra rich you cannot work into it, or you do a tech startup 10 years ago.

Until the niggers come kill you and take your land.

Higher percent tax for higher income earners makes no sense what-so-ever. So a person who earns $50,000 would pay $5000 but a person who earned $5,000,000 would pay $2,500,000?
(This is an extreme example, 10% and 50%).

Flat tax just makes perfect sense and seems like justice to me.

this image is pretty ironic when you consider that anyone who gets even close to a middle class existence falls into the highest tax brackets of any democrat tax plan

The food items on amazon are most definitely NOT cheaper even in bulk packaging.

>People dislike it because that $1k is more important to the poor man than the $100k is to the rich man.
No, they are literally just as important to each person.

Just delete all welfare, and let retarded people choose between death or whoring their bodies / becoming slaves. A return to normalcy. Pensions are stupid too, if you want a pension just save it yourself. Or have your kids support you in your dying years.

No, I agree with you, a flat tax is the fairest method of taxing people. The only concession I would make is a slight progressive tax whereby super high income earners pay a little more (low income at 10%, and persons over $1m pay 15% for example) only because we live in a world where liberals exist and they would never let average Americans pay the exact same as the "millionaires and billionaires".

Fair but that's a completely different argument then flat tax's. If you want to go down to 10%-15% we need gut what the US is.

Gut the US then change to a flat tax. Flat tax is not that big of a deal to the upper crust and hurts the lower parts.

Yeah but the thing is they don't pay the exact same. I guess liberals just don't understand the mathematics of percentages.

Being poor is like a genetic disease; you are born into it and getting out requires more effort than someone who was born into a middle/upper class family. Everyone around you wants to keep you in the same place, your parents don't know any better and never teach you how to get out of the vicious cycle, your peers will convince you to turn to crime in order to make ends meet, and society as a whole has washed their hands of you.

Only you can make the change, but its usually against all odds and most people don't do it.

1,1 mil SEK, with the house being worth maybe 1,6

Your born into your body as well, not just your level of wealth. To be a human is to be your genetics, in a sense.

Liberals always want to find a victim or some sort of inequality; even though both persons pay 10%, they will focus on the previous example of the low income person now having to decide on paying bills, paying for food, or medication to save their terminally ill child (which rarely happens) versus the millionaire who can't afford the new Mercedes S-class for his 16 year old daughter.

Instead of using logic, liberals will always focus on emotion and "inequality".

Thank god for inequality, imagine if people were all the same, like ants. Would certainly suck.

>taxing everybody equally
>this fucks over the middle class

wat

For fucks sake. Lets go with your argument that a flat tax ignoring the below 40k is a thing. A bit less then half the nation does not pay income tax anymore.

A 40k+ tax rate is going to be 35% not the 10 to 15. Our current tax plan has you paying a variable rate from 10k to 190k of 10% to 28%. You really want that much more taxes on the groups that start small businesses?

No because i'm not a retard.

All the time.

>So what is the argument?

That capitalism is "evil" and "racist" and that we should embrace juden communism because coloreds being inferior isn't their fault. Its your fault, white man, for not checking your privilege.

Some people just get unlucky.
They work hard, they've got a good work ethic, and they work their whole life.
Shit, even if they aren't good at handling money, can you blame them if they don't have time to learn?
For alot it's just work till you feel fucking dead, then you get back home for a couple hours with your family, which may result in endless nagging from an unappreciative partner before falling asleep.

As long as it's pure white, sure.

*spends 25% of income cigarettes and scratch off tickets*

i have no idea what youre talking about

Money is power, a lot of political language is couched in economic terms. Concentrated wealth and power is a recipe for tyranny.

Easy to say when you're living on daddy's trust fund.

This is the real issue. Because of the massive wealth disparity that has build up, almost all the financial resources are consolidated into a very small group. For a flat tax to work, and pass a vote, the cutoff point to start paying taxes would have to be very high or the large majority of the population would be crushed. If you did that you effectively start a caste system, because no one will ever cross that line, because the moment you do 30-40% of your income is gone. People who were already above the line didn't really even notice the tax change because they were already paying around the much, so they continue to accumulate as normal.

That this will not fly long term for obvious reasons.

Good point! If you want your offspring to survive, YOU should make sure that happens, not the state. It should certainly be dads responsibility to finance his own kids, in a healthy society.

I agree, and depending on where they put the point it would change how bad the % is. I also assume they have a ram-up% like they do in our current system so you do not have mass tax changes from one income to another. But that ramp is going to be around 20 to 30k and look just like a progressive tax.

Exactly what I think.

Its well known that its really hard to stay poor in the USA unless you are lazy or stupid.

If the % changes at all then it is not a flat tax, which is the topic at hand.

How can I trust the state with my money if they are constantly lying to my face?

I'm 100% sure of it. I don't shed one single tear for some poorfag who thought he could sit in some comfy community job his entire life while the government props it up with tax money if it becomes obsolete, while his income's subsidised by entrepenuers and other money makers with progressive tax.

Sadly if you go on brit/pol/ it's got a rash of commies who support this kind of mentality.

>Sweden forgets about niggers
Honestly I would love to say fuck inheritance. When you die pick a charity before hand and make the world a better place. Fuck yo kids, they only get 1 million not control of the western hemisphere.

He means he doesnt understand economic laws and how government protections keep mega corps mega.

Yes, fathers should try to save so their children can have an inheritance to allow them to survive, but you can't make people slaves because they're poor.
You're literally the ancap that gets pulled up as the example for why capitalism is evil by the commies.

In that case flat tax wont work. You cant have a mass tax jump because its a caste system and as was said previously all serious flat tax plans have a income threshold.

How much does 1 million get you vs 1000$ for services. Fucking please. You know the guy paying 1000$ is using way more services.

Because a hundred dollar is worth much more to a minimum wave worker than a millionaire

Ancap is a Mad Max dog eat dog world. Not sure if I love it or hate it.

Which kills medium to small businesses, which make more poor people, but I guess it's just a case of laziness :^)

Feudalism evolved out of an "ancap" Europe. Feudalism in turn evolved into the societies that we live in today. You're an American, so i'm not surprised if you don't understand. You take your state for granted, because it wasn't forged in thousands of years of war, slavery and inheritance.

Fucking this. Democracy is the tyranny of thieves.
What's most important to rich people is protecting their capital, that is, reducing opportunity cost. The poor don't care about opportunity cost, they just care about getting something for their labor. You trade your opportunity cost for the rich man's money. You protect his investment, and you get what's important to you also. It's a double sided win so what's the problem?
When you overtax the rich, you make it so there's less investment and less deflation.

>Fuck yo kids
Touch my kids and you will know the fury of my ancestors, insect

>pick a charity
How can you entrust a charity before the safety of your offspring

Reducing the was code to a straight tax, with no withholdings, credits, etc would increase almost all individual tax payers amount of tax paid.

Except if you set the tax percentage to a lower amount...

>For the rich man it is one less new ivory back scratcher.
it's also one less job for ivory back scratcher craftsmen

Charities are a business first...they have employees, pay tax, insurance etc...
My monies are for me to do with as I see fit, so if I leave it to senpaitachi, it's my choice...

Unless of course you're a good goy and give enough money to the ruling party to be exempt. Fuck off, communist shitter.

Deflation leads to unemployment and less investment in general because the value of money relative to everything else goes up.