The Serpent of Eden was God

Consider:
>God is the epitome of morality
>Knowledge of good and evil is reliant on the fruit.
>Without knowledge of good and evil, the human can never understand morality
>Without knowledge of morality, the human can never understand God.
>Therefore, consumption of the fruit is crucial to the understanding of God
>Humankind is made in the image of God
>Therefore, consumption of the fruit is crucial to the understanding of self
>Therefore, consumption of the fruit is crucial to self-awareness
>Free-will is dependant on direction of the self, which is in turn dependant on self-awareness.
>Therefore, consumption of the fruit is crucial to fee will.
>God gave humans the gift of free will.
>Free-will was given to humans through the temptations of the serpent,
>God is unique
>Therefore the Serpent is God.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GNX0LqIb_6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, it was just a rehash of the Prometheus and Epimetheus story

i dont disagree with that regarding the manifestation of the story, but what im talking about is the theological underpinning.

i always thought it was lesson about temptation

it's supposed to be, but you can't "tempt" something that does not yet have knowledge of good and evil. The whole story is basically an indicator that either (1) nothing following should be taken seriously, since it contradicts its own core premise, or (2) there is no actual justice in Divine morality, and Yahweh is about as moral as Yog-Sothoth, so just bow your head and pray to be eaten first.

You should read on how many kids Adam and eve had.

was divine justice ever implicated in the Bible?
Wrath was. Redemption was. Morality is the most important aspect imo.
But justice is a very karmic notion. The bible does not teach reincarnation, so by the contrapositive it does not teach justice. it teaches morality, we derive justice from that.

The snake was Adam's first wife, Lilith. In her jealousy she returns to Eden as a snake and tricks Adam's new wife. Why do you think the snake never appeared to Adam? Because Adam would have recognized that it was Lilith.

except Prometheus was noble and did something good. Eve brought evil and pain upon the world

no its just ink and paper

wtf are you going on about
its just a lesson on temptation

>you can't tempt something that does not have the knowledge of good and evil

says who?

God represents truth
The serpent represents humans innate impulses that are detrimental to future success. Religion offers many insights into human behavior and offers instruction to avoid many self inflicted problems. It can literally be wisdom.

This sounds similar to Celtic Christianity

fuck off luciferian faggot

where is this from? not the bible

>posts a picture of a snake
The serpent had legs, secularfag. Up until the time it was cursed by God.
Also this.

i know it's getting close to gnosticism, but that's my logically derived position. theology is logical, as per the work or descartes and aquinas.

Prometheus stole fire from the Gods. He was punished by being bound to a rock. Fire is often associate with knowledge. He had his liver pecked out and regrown. The liver is often associated with with the soul to the ancients.

Lucifer gave knowledge to humans. He was punished by being bound to a rock (cast down to Earth).

Lucifer and Prometheus are the same being. Not sent to Hell or literally tied to a rock. But forced to live on Earth and be reincarnated as a human when they die, forever.

>Without knowledge of morality, the human can never understand God.

Humans can never truly understand God

No, the serpent was Satan

It's actually a position of Judaism.

My serpent is eating your mothers apple right now.

God created satan and allowed him to do shit

Your logic is based on odd suppositions

Agreed, but there's a perception of what is.
That's why faith exists.

OH NO MY SERPENT JUST STARTED FOAMING AT THE MOUTH WHAT'S GOING ON

serpent was the first jew ever

Prometheus is just another incarnation of God. The god OP is talking about is the real God. The snake was the Real God. In Sumer his name was Enki. The Hebrew God, which the Bible says the snake was Satan, is Enlil, the half brother of Enki. Enlil is responsible for the great flood. Enki helped the humans while Enlil didn't care about humans. Enki is God.

He also created humanity and allowed us to do shit, because a benevolent being does not enslave its creation, but sets it free.

Technically angels have no free will

Good point, however...

You're not terribly wrong OP. God is everything, the Apple and the snake, as well as Adam and eve.

Consider it like this. Without an ego there would be no will, but there would be no evil. But there is will, we know and see this in ourselves and others every day. Because of the ego given to us we do evil. But the ego isn't god. God is the ego.

Yes they do, otherwise Satan would not have rebelled.

>Knowledge of good and evil is reliant on the fruit.
Wrong.

if they have no free will, why did 1/3 of them rebel against god?

if lucifer were to exist from the stories then why would you assume God does not?

Satan was an angel before who wants to become more powerful than god,so he decided to start his betrayal to god with the other fellow angels who followed him but Angel Michael defeated him and throw him to the deeps of hell.

TLDR Satan was Lucifer

Fruit is sweet and it's vegetative. God reveals himself through plants and its fruit.

Gnosticism.

It's all about dat gnosis

Because he allowed them

>Satan was Lucifer

No.

is god also a magic truffle?

Yea but the serpent isn't God, but a creation

They're spirits who follow God's orders and controlled by God. Whether they have free will or not, i don't know but it's pretty irrelevant. Demons are angels who went bad no? I guess that's evidence of free will

God was already known to Adam and Eve before they consumed the fruit.

no guy, it was friggin reptilian space aliens bro

He may reveal himself through one. God is the Absolute. He's motionless and infinite.

LOL K

That's because they were his first children. The mother of them was actually God's mother. Incest?

stupid interpretation. Read Revelations, the serpent is a symbol of Satan.

Its not biblical at all.

>you can't "tempt" something that does not yet have knowledge of good and evil.

hey these apples surely won't tempt a deer to come out into the open where it is an easier target to shoot.

In the Abramic lore. Which is false lore. Yazidi know this, so do the Luciferians.

>please don't eat this fruit that will give you better understanding of the world
>i want ignorant slaves, free beings capable of truly worshipping me because if they're free they might not worship me at all

was there ever a bigger tyrant than god?

You aren't making any sense.

He's not in hell yet, that is something that will happen, hasn't happened yet, Satan is still an influence on the world, if he were in hell he would have no influence.

>Humankind is made in the image of God
>Serpent

I'm basing what I say on Sumerian lore. Enki is God but he's got parents too. This is all human perspective.

knowledge of good and evil doesn't mean they didn't have knowledge. they just didn't know right from wrong.

So you worship satan? good to know,

It was a story about how feminism ruins entire civilizations

I worship Satan if and only if you worship the Abramic God.

God is a dictator, but he is benevolent dictator, not a tyrant.

there is no such thing as free will. did you decide to be born? have you decided when you will die? did you choose the circumstances of your life? no, you did not, because you are just moment in time's stream, blindly following the dictates of nature.

It is

>God gives you life and paradise
>"Waah I demand freedom to give you the middle finger!"
>get your freedom with restrictions
>"Waah I deserve better!"
Why are humans such niggers?

This is why no one likes you faggots

Stop taking LSD

I worship no god, I walk with the true and only God.

Your parents chose when you were born, you or another person ultimately will decide how you die, unless your body shuts down, and your parents and their parents chose the circumstances of your life. You can't say free will doesn't exist because some things happen which you don't control.

Absolutely :)

youtu.be/GNX0LqIb_6Q

It was not a paradise. It was a slave state digging for gold in mines.

" It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord."

lol, you're insane.

Technically all of your "choices" are just your body responding to external stimuli.

Deep

i think your on the right track, but i need more striking evidence if im going to believe this

we disagree then on the definition of freedom.
to me, freedom is self-aware decision. i do not believe a scorpion to be free, it simply acts on it's instinct. self-awareness and freedom inter-dependant, is my position.

you confuse free will with choosing one thing over another. usually this is put in terms of "i can choose to do good over evil". in truth it is impossible to know what the outcome of any action will be. we have control over action alone, never over its results.

Wrong.

God wouldn't make such a contradictory statement:

>Don't eat from this tree yo
>Eat from the tree it's cool n' sheet

We lived in commune with God prior to the fall it was paradise. Ever since we fell we have been striving to return so eating of the tree was never and should never be seen as a good thing.

>Therefore, consumption of the fruit is crucial to fee will.

It was crucial we had the freedom to eat from the tree. Not that we actually eat of the tree.

exactly

This is definitely a possibility, see felix culpa--you probably have already. The line of reasoning, I think, is that God still loves us, even if we fall. And there are even mystics who believe it's easier for a sinner to ascend. in that way, our sins are actually helpful to us. And ultimately, what we're being asked is to look at pure evil, both in the world around us and in ourselves, and then forgive and atone. Love despite everything. It's a strange way of thinking, but also quite beautiful when you think about it for a while.

Oh please. God in Genesis was right and so was Nietzsche. What man wants is to be equal or greater than God. The son wishes to surpass the father. "Muh freedom" is just a rationalization; to be ruled by another is to suffer under their tyranny.

>our sins are actually helpful to us.
gtfo youre retarded

fuk u demiurge :-3333333

The point is that before knowledge humans were like animals, in complete harmony.

Animals in nature don't have existential fear like humans do. You don't see zebras popping xanax because they cant handle getting hunted by lions.

When Adam ate the apple he was the first creature to realize "oh fuck I'm naked and going to die". Adam and Eve being kicked out of paradise was metaphorical. Being able to conceptualize of the future is what creates stress and depression. Animals don't have the brainpower to stress themselves out over the uncertainties of tomorrow. In humans usually the ones who are have the most neurosis are above average intelligence, why? Because they can better think ahead and determine "well shit's fucked" and despair.

>Falling for the Abramic meme

no quads
fake and stupid
maybe try disregarding abrahamic religion when it comes to contemplating god

>falling for the gnostic meme

Not at all.

>first post is debunked Zeitgeist shit
Sup Forums's really gone down the drain.

/christiancontainmentgeneral/

It's Sumerian.

What? You're saying we don't truly have free will because some things we can't control. But we still have free will... That doesn't cancel out free will.

I know that you really want to turn it into /butthurtcontainmentgeneral/, but I'd prefer if you'd stop posting instead.

give me an example of free will if you truly believe you have it

how are we free when we do not understand the consequences of action, such as good and evil?

how are we made in the image of god if our freedom is that of a dog, or a scorpion, to act as our instinct declares?

We must be aware of the morality of our actions to truly be the decider of our actions,
just as we must be aware of our mortality to truly choose how we are to live.
a bug might fear danger, but it is not aware of death, nor morality. does the bug have free will, or is it merely a slave to instinct?

My man!