Marines’ Cold Weather Gear Faces Overhaul After Poor Showing in Arctic

>american military

“That was an emotional experience for many people,” said 1st Lt. Sean Gil, commanding officer of Bravo Company’s 3rd Platoon. “The unit had just gotten off of almost continuous field operations, suffering because of, maybe, certain shortcomings in the gear, and they felt like taking it out on the evaluators. I would say we definitely had feedback for them.”

LMAO "emotional experience". Babby's first time outside california, not so tough anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2389/us-marines-brutally-ambushed-and-defeated-by-norwegian-kids.html
kitup.military.com/2017/05/marines-cold-weather-gear-faces-overhaul-poor-showing-arctic.html
maritime-executive.com/article/uk-issues-antarctic-terrorism-alert
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck all
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are training to invade russai?

This is less of a criticism for the USA and more of a criticism for the way the military is run in many countries.

Canada is fuckin cold and the Canadian army gets fuck all when it comes to gear

>they are training to invade russai?
No, training to expel Russian forces from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Estonia and Ukraine during winter months when Russia's northern troops are most likely to invade.

I was a bush pilot in the arctic for a number of years and wore Canadian Forces Mukluks. They are hard to beat.

What are they doing? They have Alaska and Canada to train in.

How about a link ahmed?
>sage

>Amerigroid trying to talk down to a Norwegian

They're probably using meme fabrics like microfleece which is pretty useless when there's even a light breeze.

strengthen alliance between nato members.
and when muh russia invades they have more experience with scandinavian troops

Learning from Penguin special forces

I have always noticed americans complaining about the weather, always hurr is soo fuckn haht hurrr it been cuuuuld hurr hurre hurrrrr..

Like the spend every minute of their life in a air conditioned mcduhnalnds or something

American military has had problems designing useful uniforms for quite some time. We went so long without a hot war that congress decided to turn it into a jobs program for certain states and ignored actual quality of what was purchased.

Unfortunately for the Marines they can submit all the feedback they want, it probably won't get fixed until we go to war and thousands die in the snow.

>“That was an emotional experience for many people,”

>emotional

>people

There are no longer any men in the American military, only 'emotional people'.

This is what the miltary has become, a bunch of pampered, spoiled little pussies.

Gonna take more than a platoon dipshit

wtf I lived neverserved libcuck millennials now

Burgers played in sand for too long. Let them do what they do best- sending Nintendo pilots to drop 25m$ bombs on goat shepherds.

>that feel when you've been at a base that gets -50 each year for the last three years and you don't complain like a bunch of sissy marines

CHAIRFORCE WINS AGAIN.

> Universal camo

Worka so well.

>i live in the snow and am used to it so everyone else should be too!

That shit was a contracting shenanigan. Thank you military industrial complex! Some retired general sucked off another one for kick backs to have that shit green lighted.

Thankfully now its mostly gone and the army doesn't wear that shit anymore. It is has also NEVER been used for actual combat zones for years now. Fuck heads getting soldiers killed over a piece of cloth and shekels.

navy vet
i'm so glad to be out
it's all just bullshit and politics now

stfu you don't even have a military. You're a failed sugar plantation. Enjoy Haitian status by 2018.

>8 to 4 office job
>hour lunches
>can leave early all the time
>never have to work overtime
>high demand in both government and civilian when I get out

There are people who literally sign up to run around and get shot at. Fucking wow. W. O. W.

>You're a failed sugar plantation.

I heard total cost was something like $1.3 Billion for the UCP research. development and implementation and that its replacement program - multicam, etc was also several hundred million

Fucking ridiculous

The Bible says as much.

Where in America have you been? I notice that a lot more on the west coast than the east/middle states. I imagine it's because the further west you go the less consistent the weather is throughout the day. Cold at night hot in the day and sometimes varying day to day too.

more importantly
i watched that sorry game we've had
and canada actually has niggers on a hockey team
wtf

so back to the topic, can't they mean blacks when they say "gear"? becaseu htat would make sence. english not my first language

>3rd world shitskin mad that he doesn't have air conditioning
lmao

>Babby's first time outside california, not so tough anymore.
>expecting niggers to cope well in arctic environments

I was a UH-60 crew chief. Used to open up an ice cold energy drink right after dropping infantry cucks out in the middle of the desert and think to myself, dam that sucks hahah. Army Aviation masterrace.

UCP is one of the most embarrassing fuck ups ever in the history of the US military. It's the consequence of the faggotification and inflicted on the US military for the last 50 years. It was so bad I still can't believe the marines didn't come up with it.

>CHAIRFORCE
not like you ever went outside

Men that wanna experience a real war.
Are you saying that never crossed your mind?

In light of that and other considerations what would prevent men from creating a white ethnostate in the Pacific Northwest?

You dont actually have marines now do uou?

Did you fight Gojira?

Stop doing this.

There is no such thing as a one size fits all camo. Plop that ACU 4 feet to the right and that fucker would stand out like a soar thumb

they have

speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2389/us-marines-brutally-ambushed-and-defeated-by-norwegian-kids.html

>it probably won't get fixed until the Navy unasses a load of cash from it's programs and takes care of it's foot soldiers.

What does this term "fuck all" mean exactly?

It sounds like a lot.

it means fuck all

It means "nothing", or "nothing worthwhile".

>one of the single largest nations in the world that extends from nearly the tropics up to almost the arctic circle
>single states larger than multiple european countries combined
>huge portion of country in area where the winters are cold and the summers are hot

gee i wonder why we complain about the weather

>the navy needs foot soldiers

the marines are a fucking waste and haven't been useful since world war 2. stop fucking supporting a group of oorah dipshits in the wrong goddamn part of the armed forces and letting them fuck up procurement even worse.

>m-muh f35 needs vtol for our tiny piss baby carriers

In seriousness, there's no real reason for US ground forces to train for extreme cold weather operations. Consider that the only two plausible theaters that have cold weather, the Arctic and Russia, wouldn't have US troops in them unless there was a massive world war happening (one which would be largely decided by air and sea power). For comparison, America has had 5+ ground conflicts in the past forty years in predominantly hot countries (Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan) and will probably have many more.

Of course, this article is also clickbait.

some surplus website's blog

kitup.military.com/2017/05/marines-cold-weather-gear-faces-overhaul-poor-showing-arctic.html

Why don't we just copy the gear the nordic countries have and study them?

They live there

We should basically just copy them

Didnt seem like a failed sugar plantation when we where killing your faggot devil dogs and taking there rifles by the dozens

Antarctica will be the next great war.

maritime-executive.com/article/uk-issues-antarctic-terrorism-alert

>It's the consequence of the faggotification and inflicted on the US military for the last 50 years.

This isn't related to UCP. UCP exists because it works great when soldiers are standing in dry brush, rock or snow. It is not good for woodland environments, but this was seen as a reasonable compromise because there aren't many woodland theaters in general.

Also UCP is not half the fuck up the naval NWU is, because the naval NWUs actually present a clear safety hazard for most naval staff who wear them. Hence why the navy should just adopt hi vis orange or yellow as their standard color so visibility vests are no longer required.

>spend 20 some odd years in desert lands.
>be shocked our winter gear blows.

>niggers blend into brown wildlife theathers

I don't think that has anything to do with the cammo

Well duh, all the Chad and alphas are in college banging sluts. Manlets and retard betas are in the army now.

That link alone goes to demonstrate how fucked up military planning can get. Some fat shit officer actually sat down, and seriously suggested that pirates (often poor as shit niggers that can't afford jackets or heating oil let alone survive in snow) would camp out in the bottom of the planet (far away from where most trade occurs) and it as a base of operations. Piracy is a real concern, but it's far more likely to happen in places where people actually live and where trade actually happens. Because that is where the criminals and the goods are.

Also, piracy itself is more of a Law Enforcement issue than a Military one. The only reason the Navy gets involved with piracy stuff is because it happens outside of anyone's jurisdiction in international waters as was the case during the Maersk Alabama hijacking.

I am of shock, UCP has use more then just grandmas couch?

>be from california
>be security forces
>stationed in misawa
>stationed in montana

I practically lived in the snow for those six years. To be honest, I'd like to go back. The warm weather is nice in CA, but there was very little crime and the people were more pleasant. Very few niggers and spics other than the ones stationed there.

entonces deja de nadar a puerto rico ok?

"Did fuck all" = "did absolutely nothing"

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck all

In deserts or other dry places that do not have much foliage. That's the point.

The turn to UCP was indicative of a larger shift away from Cold War doctrine (ie preparing for a ground war in your country) and towards the current doctrine (damage control in mudshit countries).

>In seriousness, there's no real reason for US ground forces to train for extreme cold weather operations

While you're right in that currently it's of lesser importance, it's a bit of a cold war remnant. If shit went down, Scandinavia would be a very important front. I don't see WW3 happening any time soon, but it's good for a military to be prepared for any circumstances.

Especially since there are currently several countries trying to claim parts of the North Pole for resources that are becoming increasingly scarce.

Also, you'll be surprised how cold Afghanistan can get during winter.

Pack light freeze at night

Bring back the polypro thermals! 2 liter bottles make for warm as fuck underpants.

Shit man out in California we got two seasons, wet winter and hot summer. One look outside will tell you how the weather will be all day if not the rest of the week.

Out in the Midwest every time a cloud blows over expect rain, or a season change.

The military has become a giant daycare facility. No shit. How do they come up with stuff like this?

The United States spent trillions of dollars on a "war on terror" and terrorism is worse than ever. The world's strongest military lost horribly against smelly dudes in sandals with AK-47s that probably haven't seen fresh oil in decades.
It doesn't matter how technologically advanced you are when you are fighting for evil and your soldiers are aware of this. How many US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan do you think really felt like they were defending their country? The Muslims are fighting for their homelands and their religion, US soldiers fight for a paycheck and other financial and social opportunities earned by serving. You can bomb as many Muslims as you want, but the whole world knows you are wrong, including many of your own people, and that's why you will never win in such a situation. Everyone knows Americans will not fight any formidable opponents, they fight weak countries that then resort to terrorism, and you can't defeat terrorism with a conventional military.

well yeah it looks like they got the black out there, niggers and snow just don't mix, they're even color coded to show you "don't put this guy in the snow".

>gear tried
>gear failed
>new gear incoming

Why is this an issue?

>If shit went down, Scandinavia would be a very important front.

By the time things get to that point you'd be left to die as your countries would be mass bombed from the air. It's not 1980 anymore, if Russia invades Europe there's not going to be any American troops to stop them, only bombs. A D-day style ground invasion is way too costly compared to flying bombers from the US to Poland and back without a refuel (a thing made possible due to post-Cold War advancements in high performance engines and fuels).

>emotional experience

that's a euphemism for saying that they swore and yelled at the people

spoiler: the military was always just adult daycare. Anyone worth their shit went to college, a thing the DoD started giving to soliders for free in order to help break the cycle of stupidity most were trapped in

*their

Because you are bankrupt.

This. Technology will win the battle, but it doesn't always win the war.

If going to college makes people smart, explain liberals.

correct

>No shit. How do they come up with stuff like this?

Some jackoff higher up son is given a think tank analysis job and gets paid 120k a year to come up with stupid scenarios.

Normally it's nothing, but when it's taken seriously it becomes a problem.

This is the result of 9/11. Regardless of what you think nobody expected planes. So the government is now free to oblige retarded ideas and back it with policy.

Welp the deal is that I drank a bottle of Jack Daniels with a buddy and we decided to join the Army together. Otherwise I would have went to college and become a marine biologist.

F-16 crew chief here. Always just jealous of the pilots.

Why the fuck are you posting this Norway?
Artic training is Finnish territory, granted iirc only elite snow training is done in Funland

Gear matters, but training most. You should not laugh norwegian friend, you know how annoying a good cold can be, even if were used to it.

Its their fault all of the major marine bases are located in fucking warm climates such as South Carolina and SD

Maybe move one of those bases to Minnesota or something to better prepare the fucking retards

>Dad was Telecom back in the old days
>Used to tell me how all the other branches whined like fucking babies over everything

Our fresh out of high school 18 year olds train in harsher climate than your standing army burger, that's probably why he posted this.

Who's eaten one of these? They are suffering

Sad but true.

That sounds exactly like a failed sugar plantation actually.

is this one of those bags they put into boots so they dont get wet?

Well they have been fighting sand niggers in fuckistan for the past 15 years so I am not surprised arctic gear has been on the back burner

Diarrhea cha cha chaa

wow.. the dutch soldier actually looks like my dad

Yes, after you eat the stuff inside it. But you only wear it in one boot at a time, left first.

Little known fact: Alaskan units actually go to Fort Drum in New York for cold weather training.

>Scandinavia would be a very important front.

We could just give the Finns a bunch of meth and not have to worry about it.

>the marines are a fucking waste

expeditionary force already projected on the water ready to storm ashore and do the dirty work other need days or weeks to prepare for

not my fault if the joint chiefs are improperly using their forces, but everyone wants to get their dick in the fight and end up asking them to do work outside of their doctrine.

If you're spending the amount of money the US is spending on defence, you should be able to whoop anyone's ass anywhere.

After all these years you finally found your missing dad in a picture in Sup Forums!
Gratz, im glad for you!