Can someone explain me what the hell exactly happened with this?

Can someone explain me what the hell exactly happened with this?

As far as I understood, if you purposely call a man someone who identifies as a woman, you'll be prosecuted. Or?

And what happens if you "assume someone's gender"?

Other urls found in this thread:

swc-cfc.gc.ca/gba-acs/index-en.html
openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/
openparliament.ca/votes/42-1/126/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bill c-16.

Canada. Canada happened.

the entire concept of modernism is failure.
this gender thing is a part of it.

Peterson fucking crushed them with his enormous brain, and the Canadian faggots passed the Bill anyway because their wives would deny them sex if they didn't vote to pass it.

nothing that impacts canadian's day to day life occurred but Sup Forums seizes on it as an opportunity to shit on liberals and canadians, blowing it out of proportion.

this is called post-modernism. modernism it is not.

we'll see when Peterson get swatted

Discrimination laws mean you can't call a black guy a nigger, C16 would mean you MUST refer to someone by xir pronouns, whether you agree with it or not.

So, it's fucking real. And what's the consequence if you do?

For isolated incidents there is a chance the offended party can drag you before a human rights tribunal, where the solution for something that minor is an apology/fine. If you refuse to do either based on your own principles you can be held in contempt of court, because apparently these fucking jokes count as legal courts. For repeated offenses of misgendering you can be charged and jailed for harassment in a criminal court. Basically you have even more incentive to blatantly discriminate against these freaks for the purpose of ignoring them, since engaging them in any fashion now carries legal risk if you say the wrong thing.

Human Rights tribunals honestly shouldnt exist. Nothing they address cant be solved in civil or criminal courts.

See

They abide you to be a science denialist by law? Nice. How progressive.

C U C K N A D A
U
C
K
N
A
D
A

It's kinda ironic now that I can genuinelly say that communism helped us avert this clusterfuck

swc-cfc.gc.ca/gba-acs/index-en.html

>mandatory gender studies.

Thank you very much! When are you moving out?

nah
modernism is to believe in human intellectuality and ideologies generated by it.
(like gender equality, liberty, human rights, freedom, communism, capitalism, democracy and so on.)
post-modernism also believes in human intellectuality, so it's not something like anti-modernism but the progressive version of it.

I, as a burkean conservative, don't believe in human intellectuality.
therefore I don't support those modern ideologies, including this fag movement.

>the eternal leaf

Post-modernism by definition doesn't believe in anything, their whole thing is that everything is subjective and if there is discrimination or a hierarchy it's opressing someone somewhere somewhen. I also agree with some of burkes principle. people do stupid shit all the time and they need "signposts" to get back on the track

So for anyone unfamiliar with the bill process in Canada, the senate is supposed to be a stop gap between federal government and the people such that stupid laws don't get passed. Unfortunate all senate does now is tow the party line. If they don't vote for what already passed they fear for their careers and do so accordingly.

You can watch the video yourself to witness exactly how out of touch and uninformed the senate is for any of these issues. They are not thinkers at all. They didn't even understand the arguments being made. One of the senators tried to suggest Peterson has a authoritarian power dicotmy relationship with his students and implied he's corrupting them, and also has the power to fail them for not believing what he believes. They have no idea how academia works. They have no idea what ideology is yet are well a part of t, in fact are so deeply entrenched in ideology they are themselves like black holes and cannot escape their doctrine. They let this pass merely because "it passed years ago provincially so why not here; oh and we completely fall back to guidelines provided by individual provinces because we're spineless and cannot and do not want to be seen as having made bad policy"

They don't see how something like this will have long term effects. How it can be manipulated and abused. Just wait and see.

can we make a hashtag abt this to make more ppl aware? This is total bs and I don't want it to creep South

Of course the leaf thinks its nothing

Maybe like a super obv. tranny with a caption abt being jailed in Canada for not calling him "ma'am"?

I watched all of it, the only thing I was left after finishing the video was horror, they repeated themselves like parrots. Peterson is like the modern Socrates. luckily no hemlock this time

it's literal madness in power in canada. the government is insanity given form.

The most important part about this is that Peterson got his entire argument out there in public record, so they can never ignore him again or his arguments if shit his the fan.

but they could literally lock him up now for the exact same argument

This stupid law should be abused into absurdity.

So what if I ask them their names to call them by names but they refuse to give names and demand to use their stupid pronouns but i refuse to use their pronouns and make clear i only call people by their names, would i get prosecuted?

That's a good idea. We also need to make "cis" a hate term

You can jail me/get me fired if I donĀ“t know your name or your gender

>USE MY PRONOUN
I do not consent to your request.

If they push, remind them they're violating your boundries.

You're welcome.

It means if you wanna be a real shitlord and you hate your boss or the company you work for, you can show up to work one day with a wig and a dress and claim you are a woman and your new name is Sheila and if they mock you or react negatively in any way, such as saying, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Frank?" you can complain to the human rights commission and have your boss or company dragged in front of a kangroo court where huge financial penalties can be levied on them. Once that's done you can immediately go back to being your regular self because according to the law gender is fluid and ever-changing.

I can't see any self respecting man actually doing that tho...

post modernism is a reaction against modernism. So that makes no sense

Neither can I, yet there does exist trannies like the one in the picture I posted.

>canadian
>self respecting
pick one

But his argument proves he's arguing against a poorly written law.

He stated in the meeting he has great sympathy for trans people and hopes they get the best care possible but a law like this has no evidence to support that it will work.

The senators might be retarded but a good chunk of the population will be pissed if he gets thrown in jail for being reasonable.

I wish The Kids in the Hall would do a skit about how over the top this is

Bingo. There's a chilling effect. Companies can get sued AND dragged through the media in the process, so they'll just automatically discipline or fire anyone who gets accused. What this also leads to is that companies won't even hire people if they think they might be a source of future liability (that is, until mandatory gender diversity is forced).

Really, you can make as many laws as you want, people are still going to be assholes to each other, from both sides of this issue. And we already have plenty of laws against harrassment and of course violence.

But there is still something fundamentally WRONG about making people say something they don't believe (eg, that bruce jenner is a woman). It's not just wrong in that it is a factually incorrect statement. It's wrong because it is designed to humiliate and mentally subjugate people, forcebthem to adopt a specific ideology, on threat of loss of their livelihood.

Mandatory unconscious bias training is an absolute abomination and very very dangerous. I resent the assumption that there is something wrong with me because someone thinks i happen to resemble the archetype of the patriarchy. See how hypocritical they are?

Whats sad is that canada is actually ao peaceful, this is clearly a move by those "in power" to have something to do, so they feel important, and so they'll keep getting paychecks for useless, noncontributing positions.

Well said.
It should be interesting to see if the conservatives will make this an issue in upcoming elections, they really should make it a campaign promise to reverse this nonsense.

>It should be interesting to see if the conservatives will make this an issue in upcoming elections, they really should make it a campaign promise to reverse this nonsense.

They all took a stance on motion 103 at least, M103 is even worse than this bill 16, even though the motion is not legally binding

"we can dissect matters by our intellecutuality and know its function so that we can surpass modernism"
is the core principle of post modernism.

Look at who voted. Conservatives who were against it said as much but voted in favour anyway. Very few voted against.

We're dealing with ideology that people are assuming increases inclusiveness and didn't want to be perceived as being on the wrong side of history, even if hey didn't believe it themselves. Temporary self preservation. There will be more traps sprung

openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/

That's why post modernism is, intellectually, the equivalent of a hall of mirrors in a funhouse.

What's salient is how it is being used instrumentally, to leverage real power. Its power lies (literally) in its capacity to bamboozle.

Its practitioners are, to a person, either woefully blind to their own pathologies and self-loathing, or wilfilly disingenuous, since their efforts to dismantle everything they perceive as someone else's "poeer structure" are clearly an agenda to establish their own, as we are watching play out before our eyes.

They are gaslighters and projectionists. They are snakes.

>you now have even more incentive to blatantly discriminate . . . since engaging them in any fashion now carries legal risk if you say the wrong thing
This

To all my leafs, were fucked.
Buy an SKS and have someone you trust steal it. I have a feeling it will only go downhill from here.

I meant to paste

openparliament.ca/votes/42-1/126/

Moron
Let's break down the elements

>penalty regardless of intent
The importance of this will be obvious soon
>makes "gender expression" protected
Gender expression is defined as fluid

In other words: today I am a woman. You adjust your words accordingly...BUT, tomorrow I'm now a non binary "schlix." You call me ma'am, trying to be polite from the previous day.
Congrats, you're trying to genocide me, $10,000 to the govt :^)

as if the general public will risk their lives for Peterson

They won't but some will be outspoken but puss out when anything hard or challenging arises

The last answer was epic:

>A lot of people who have not standard identities, the tightes argument they have for public acceptance of that identity is that it's powerfully constraint by biology processes that are beyon their voluntary control, so instantiate [...] the social constructionist view of humanity and you can wave those claims goodbye

>[...] that'll backfire hard against hard against people this legistation is supposed t
o protect. If it's mutable, changeable, only subjective and transformable on a whim, then why should anybody have respect for it.

he also brought up electro shock conversion therapy.

Thats what u get

When u let women ( egofascist animals with brains of 3yearolds) have power over society

That's reducing it to an absurd, Said person should have to state their new gender / sex beforehand.

The issue is that the arguments for allowing gender fluidity without no constraint is that's a voluntary choice.

As that, it shouldn't be protected under "discrimination" laws because, even if you're allowed to act as a freak, you shouldn't be expect respect for that choice.

This means you hired Carl, a gay man to sell cosmetics on a mall. One day he shows up as Carol, or as Car#. Under this law, are you able to fire his ass?

It was clear how they spoke barely any of those monkeys actually knew anything about pronouns and trans issues in depth. And instead of confronting Peterson's arguments about the law itself they tried to call him a bigot, Tried to appeal to emotion, and call him a tyrannical professor (which even they saw as over the top and shut her down).

When are politicians going to stop acting like the masses are impressionable clay to be molded, and without their guidance we'd be doomed.
Bill c-16 is disgusting.