Being transgender is NOT a mental illness

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Let's be honest: the reason you oppose it is because you are disgusted by them. Your little brain can't stand the sight of something that's different. You don't have rational arguments against them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-ocQpQtrw

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money#Controversies
cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atleast with homosexuality theres SOME bases that its hereditary but trans people has to HAVE SURGERY to feel happy that's a mental illness

Didn't read nor listen.
Also Sage this faggotry

Is your professor a male or female?

>A typical female may prefer to bake a cake
>He thinks it's still pre-1960s

It does mean you're retarded though, because you think you have to chop your dick off and wear a skirt to bake a cake and go to the mall.

So their mind doesn't line up with their reality? That's just a nice way of saying mental illness.

You're wrong, I'm not disgusted by transgendered people in the same way that I'm not disgusted by depressed people or schizophrenic people. I pity them. They have a disease with no cure and, for the time being at least, no hope of a cure because people are unwilling to admit there is a problem

Transgender doesnt exist because gender doesnt exist. It has no scientific basis and it was created by John Money. His research caused two people to become so depressed they killed themselves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money#Controversies

Transexuality is a real thing and it is a mental illness. Trying to claim it's not a mental illness is stopping us from trying to diagnose and find treatments that can help people deal with sex/body dysmorphia

>Liberal Redneck
I've seen this guy on Rubin Report. Dude is the political equivalent of a GURL GAMR

>Woah look at me I'm a redneck but I vote LIBERAL
>im not like those ~OTHER~ rednecks teehee
>dont hit on me you silly pansexual demikins XD

200% faggot

>you are disgusted by them
You'd have to be mentally defective to not be disgusted by those biological failures.

OP is saying that they're not under the delusion of BEING physically female, they just wish they were
so estrogen helps this

one thing they left out is the debilitating body dysphoria trans people experience, which is basically disgust at their body's secondary characteristics

>cutting your dick off because you want to bake a cake

A precursor to being declared transgender is literally a mental illness called gender dysphoria.

If you'd had any experience with the trans community at all you'd know that they are seriously, seriously fucked in the head.

I like to cook & bake things yet I don't mutilate my dick into some fucked up folded skin pussy.

>Being transgender is NOT a mental illness Anonymous
yes it is you fucking queer

This is pasta

Regardless of it's a mental illness this whole trans shit seems to be a mere feefee coddlefest rather than some meaningful movement that brings the collective of humanity forward.

>tfw male baker

shit guys am i trans

Most MENTAL illnesses are actually a symptom of living your life improperly.

Confronting the difficult problems in your life often get rid of your mental illness, unless your brain was literally wired wrong from birth.

Mental illness comes as a physical effect of not being able to deal with your everyday life, not the other way around.

>Being transgender is NOT a mental illness
then it doesnt need treatment and doesnt deserve respect.

Saging all of these degenerate threads because I'm sure you're all (((shills))) BTW you're a mentally ill abomination who should be gassed.

>"I'm Napoleon Bonaparte."
>buy a big hat
>learn French
>get leg shortening surgery
>shout "let's conquer Russia!" to random people.

>"I'm a woman."
>buy a dress
>learn a lisp
>get penis inversing surgery
>shout "where's the lady's bathroom!" to random people.

The guy who thinks he's Napoleon is crazy, but the guy who thinks he's a woman isn't, and you're insensitive if you refuse to play along with their delusion.

Why the double standard?

cis genders bent the fuck out!

better hack your dick off

So your an effeminate faggot

you have a sore assssssssssssssssss

Do you still like football? DO YOU STILL LIKE FOOTBALL?!

or a butch chick, lets be fair here

Nah, it's definitely mental illness

>If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.
Thats literally, objectively, scientifically wrong. Transgender people suffer from gender dysphoria, i.e. hatred of your body. Its the same feeling when you hate stretch marks or a giant nose or whatever, except it applies to sex characteristics.
Societal gender norms have literally nothing to do with it.

>some bases its hereditary
do you really care where it came from?
a lot of gay men beat themselves up over not having their ideal body type as well
its normal

>male
>i'd rather go to the mall than watch a football game

I'm not male!

>also white people like football but niggers don't

I'm not white either! This means I don't have privilege and I'm not racist so I can do whatever I want

Prove you're not a bot/AI, op.

>protip - this is a shill thread

so its only nature or only nurture with you?

jojo is for faggots man get with it

If it makes them feel fulfilled is it a problem?
If you hold a job, pay taxes and are otherwise a non-cancerous individual I don't care what you do with your pee pee or vagoo.

Nah it is a mental illness according to the head of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins
arts professor

cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
>head psychiatrist

>your social/arts degree professor

Pick who you think is more qualified here

So a male liking to cook is transgender? Men are most of the top chefs, and not particularly feminine. There are also some female truck drivers, esp. long-haul where loading/unloading isn't a big part of the job. Our society has no problem with men or women in almost any jobs. No mental illness there, and nobody thinks there is.

So to go thru the agony / specialness / left wing demands / thoughts of mutilating surgery just for that reason isn't logical. Behaving in unproductive, damaging ways is a characteristic of mental illness. I think your prof. is avoiding the real issues.

Look, I'm as straight as you can get, and I hate faggots. My son came out as gay, etc., etc.

Your professor is mentally ill

>implying a woman knows what a man's brain feels like and vice versa
These people are deranged narcissists who think they have a right to redefine biology because of muh feelings. We should throw them all in mental institutions

>wanting to cosplay in public as the opposite gender
>wanting everyone to pretend they're actually that gender, or some made-up word for the absence of a gender ("xhe")
>not a mental illness

It was weird enough when they're were bona fide transgendered people who were actually trying to obtain surgery to switch genders, but now we have this entire group of snowflake assholes (like Jenner) trying to legitimize hardcore transvestism...

>debilitating body dysphoria
So yeah, mental illness.

Transgender is a combination of body dysphoria (similar to anorexia), sexual fetish (getting off on the idea of being the opposite sex), and OCD, in differing proportions. It isn't just a mental illness, it is a compound mental illness.

There are billions of women walking around and it's not hard to effectively look like one, while Napoleon's been dead for almost 200 years.

Also biological sex is real
Gender is a social construct, it's not real
Ergo biological sex is what you are weather you feel like pretending or not

Small issue that I have noted though.

Commonly transgendered people live their whole lives as one sex, and while you may have a few behaviors that match societies view of the opposite sex you still lived your entire life as your biological sex. The issue that happens is that you slowly gain a very warped view of the other gender, as we all compile stereotypes in out mind your typical transgendered person can't simply rationalize that they are say, a man who likes to watch romantic comedies. Instead they being begin to think that this one maybe 2 or 3 quirks means that their whole identity is the opposite sex and they begin to build there lives around this *idea*.

As they still have only lived as one gender when they decide to transition they have to "Fill in the blanks" as it were and essentially turn into an extreme stereotype of their new chosen gender. This is why man to woman people usually become self absorbed appearance obsessed whores. While Women to men usually try to become as burly and aggressive as possible, because they are *filling in the gaps* and have nothing to go on but stereotypes.

yes it is
t. psychiatrist

HAIRY
NIPPLE
MILK

Yeah, forgot narcissism. Big part of it.

Yeah sure buddy, schizophrenics hear voices in their fucking head because they didn't make good life choices. Or maybe it's because it's in their fucking genetics.

Idk I didn't read the journals. It pops up in all societies and for now is irreversible so it's a moot question anyways.
Also I am half-faggot to be fair.

Shill post: Saged

>men who aren't the stereotype of a normie faggot are transgender
FUCK
OFF
KIKE

So if I give you a bar of iron painted gold tell you it's gold you will pay me it value as gold simply Because it appears to be therefore it's gold?

>not mental

So they're cutting their dicks off because they want to fit societal norms while at the same time trying to destroy those very same societal norms?

Seems counter-intuitive.

You prefer baking cakes instead of camping? I don't give a fuck. I just think everyone should be happy in their own body. Dress however the fuck you want. Marry whomever the fuck you want. My only issue is with people who want to cut their genitals off or take hormones. I have been vehemently against vain plastic surgery forever, and this falls into it for me.

>I used to think transgenders are mentally ill until my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.
Humanities was a mistake

Ya we all beat ourselfs up over how we look but theres a difference between that and going out of your way to spend thousands of dollars, family emotional distress, and permanently destroying the amazing body that you were given (and i bet a couple years down the road you will regret the fact that you did it) a normal person gets over how they look while trans are so mental as to go through hell and make sure everyone around them goes through it to

What in the brain constitutes a male or female brain?

Stop pushing this shitty youtube channel. Stop posting bs youtube ecelebs. Stop trannyposting

Do I really have to keep posting this you fucking nutcase?

Everything you believe, everything you posted just now, is all explained by confirmation bias within a sick Jewish psychology culture that promotes degeneracy FOR THE GOYIM.

>this MEANS YOU

>until my professor

Do you get it yet you stupid fuck? Your professor isn't the creator of all mankind. Your professor is probably some sick kike that wants to see all white people dead.

Yes, the reason I hate them is they disgust me.

I am disgusted by mental illness being enabled. Not the concept of mental illness, but the idea of a society that enables it at all instead of actually trying to help that (((person))). The very concept of that person believing what they believe when it is so at odds with all of reality fills me with disgust.

If you need surgery to be happy, regardless if you are trans or not you are mentally ill.

>1 post by op

>Hence you may choose to identify as transgender.

Every fucking male in Italy is crazy for football. I don't give a fucking shit about it at all. Watching 11 idiots chasing a ball isn't my idea of fun.

Do I identify as transgender? No, because I'm not fucking mentally ill.

kys

TRAPS UNDER ONE FLAG

whatever sweethart

according to your definition i should be a tranny because i love candles, romantic movies, collecting pillows, sucking dick, and shopping for clothes. but i'm a straight cis-male and am damn proud of it. your theory is broken.

"gender" used to man what "sex" (dick / vagina) does now. gender, gene, genetics, it all relates to XX and XY genetics, completely immutable.

So, typically, the gay community likes to convert perfectly good words (like "gay" and "gender") to weird uses (now homosexual and gender-identity.)

And so now we have to munge another word (sex, which used to mean mainly intercourse) to describe what gender used to mean.

Or the person looks so ugly they can't find anyone to date, and the only way to not be forever alone and find at least one person to make them happy, would be to start taking hormones thanks to the rampant hypergamy in western society.

That's probably a bit too simplistic. Like if I have some horrible injury that's causing me intense pain and surgery can cure me, that's pretty normal.

But I agree that altering your body just for aesthetic reasons is not going to fix any underlying issues you had.

Nice reddit spacing

Holy shit, English woman are ugly.

>I'll go explain trannies to Sup Forums!
>it'll work because Sup Forums has never heard the mental gymnastics that got ME convinced!
>hmm, it might not be enough, I'll copy-paste some by-the-book leftist shaming tactics to close that should do it
Guys, we're just not getting the quality of shills we should be. When reddit and Shareblue send shills, they're not sending their best.

Indeed. It's not that they prefer cooking to watching football.

What does that prove? Is that even an argument?

The fact that a man can disguise himself as a woman doesn't make it any less of a mental illness. A man can disguise himself as Napoleon, too.

There are billions of women? What's that supposed to mean? There are billions of ducks too. If a person thinks they're a duck, does that make it so?

Your argument fails because it hinges on the fact that "Napoleon isn't a gender." Well no shit Napoleon isn't a gender. But regardless if you think you're a different gender, or a different person, or a different species, or the devil himself, it's all the same illness.

Fuck off with this meme, surrender monkey.

There's no such thing as reddit spacing, idiot. The style of typing originated HERE of all places and you would know this if you weren't such a tremendous faggot.

>if youre a man who doesnt perfectly fit into the archetypal male mold, you are female

>i love stucking dick
>straight cis-male

Ummm... user, I got some bad news for you...

Nice reddit spacing amerifat

>Gender is solely defined by how much you enjoy beer and sports

yes. that was a little too simplistic. Aesthetic surgery is always compensating for some form of mental illness

there is nothing new here.

transgenderism=crossdressing
trans+fake boobs=dedicated crossdresser
trans+hormone therapy=poisoned crossdresser
trans+reassignment surgery=eunuch crossdresser
FtM trans=angry bull-dyke
FtM+hormones=poisoned angry bull-dyke
FtM+surgery=franken-dyke.

all this doesn't NECESSARILY mean they have a mental illness,but sane people rarely do shit like that.
leftists invent new words to try to control the argument.

Nice example. Napoleon had syndrome of zollinger ellison and was turned into a woman in his last years.

What if I want to bake a cake, go shopping, and fuck your wife and sister and mother in depraved ways because I am delighted in my masculinity?
What if I think baking cakes and shopping do not equal carving up my body to replace my plumbing while craving cocks is mentally ill?

>space break between points muh reddit spacing

kys you illiterate frog eating moon worshipping cuck

wanting to play with barbies instead of watching football or vice versa is no reason to cut your dick off or mutilate you in any other way

Stop making this thread you faggot

Tomboys aren't trans.

Gender dysphoria is a mental condition.

OP is a faggot.

with no butt play it's not gay

Degeneracy. Unnatural. All must be purged

Whatever you say, Bill Nye...

>1 post by this ID

>tfw I will never be a woman
I can't help these feelings, but I know that cutting my dick off is not the solution. I probably would be on hormones but I don't want to sterilize myself or be a disappointment to my family. Is it so wrong that I have the urge to be pretty and fulfill female roles in society?

I blame xenoestrogens in the water and the media.

yes it is. if it wasn't those stupid ass genes would've died out a long time ago. either it's a mental illness or extreme indoctrination

Really this again.

Often times, it is.

It's rooted in discontent and lack of self esteem.

You can tell the difference, because the ones doing it for disingenuous reasons usually end up killing themselves.

>that pic
Russia is such a quagmire of a place. On one hand we can't be allies due to aiming nukes at each other for half a century. On the other, muh fucking dick.

sane people never do shit like that, its mental illness

It is not a mental illness of the *individual* like Schizophrenia.

It is a mental illness of the *society*, like tarantism or hysteria.

That is to say, it's not a failure of the transgender brain to "match" societal expectations, it is the failure of *society* to condition it properly.

This bit explains why there are a number of redpilled transgender women out there. They recognize, correctly, that it is a failure of the degenerate society in which they grew up, not their individual failure.

sage faggot