Be an 80s kid

>be an 80s kid
>played in the dirt
>climbed hills
>crawled through brush
>rode bicycle till dark
>came home to no video games (not until late 80s did we get an Atari and eventually NES)
>had to walk through mall to the arcade, or stand in grocery stores forever with mom, to play any video games
>only knew two fat kids in elementary school

>wait for own kids to come out of elementary school
>all fun (aka dangerous) playground equipment removed
>half the playground kids barely move, just sit around in swings or somewhere talking
>almost half of them who come out of school are overweight in some form
>several are looking at phones as soon as they step out the door
>they'll go home and play video games and use the computer all afternoon and evening
>there's no malls anymore for them to walk through

Is there any saving the next generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996208/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis
youtube.com/watch?v=rwKNx7eTPcE
youtu.be/FZUfiW3W1KY
youtu.be/QPAHVS-e1NM
youtu.be/SolEjKrcg4E
youtube.com/watch?v=k6xntziKoxY
youtube.com/watch?v=aOZPBUu7Fro
youtube.com/watch?v=T4kJtEcALA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ur gay old man

nope the next generation will all be boogies

tfw this was the best OS

youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0

Was pretty stable when drivers were good too.
The best OS now is TempleOS though.

I was a poorfag so it was DOS and Win3.1 for a long time.

>be farm kid in the 90s
>get chased by cattle
>caught in barb wire
>shocked by electric fencing
>chased up trees by deer in a rut
>cut
>stung
>burned
>stained
>sent to therapy at advisement of school because the suburbanite teachers didn't like my ways
>put on ritalin(NDRI like cocaine) by age 7
>get even nuttier
>become firebug, later interested in chemistry and explosives
>eventually go to uni on my own dime, become M.Sc in Organic Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
>do psychedelics and stimulants like a madman
>become felon by possessing illegal explosives
>stop giving a fuck about society and laws because they obviously don't give a fuck about me
>quality of life improves dramatically
>outlook on life goes up
I'm 32 years old now. I'm both the most dangerous person on earth and the most gentle, depending on who you are and how you present yourself.
If you're a city person, you're scum. You "people" are the bane of humanity, the cause of your own fucking problems, and an antagonist to those who just wanna be left alone.

I would never fight or die for you.
Dear fishermen and farmers: Gimme a holler if you need assistance.

I knew plenty of farm kids and one of them was my best friend.

Bad news, only you turned out the freak. Or are a product of your millennial generation. One of the two.

Why do you guys look back with so much nostalgia playing in the dirt. I'm an 80s kid and don't change vidya for anything.

Freak or not, city people are scum.
I don't hate you. I just won't shed a tear when you're raped and burned by the monster you created, Frankenstein.
And most rural folk absolutely feel the same as I do. You fucks only really exist because we grew too much shit for your grandparents to eat and they bred out of control.

Paranoia and social anxiety are diagnosable mental conditions, which probably comes in par with your drug abuse and poorly prescribed brain adjustment pills during early development.

You could likely get modern treatment and live a normal well-adjusted life where large groups of people don't bother you this much.

>both the most dangerous person on earth and the most gentle, depending on how you present yourself
CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIN

yeah, and we couldn't afford all that sugar, because we were too busy dropping every last quarter into Galaga

we need some pioneers to homestead in the Russian frontier while it still exists.

kek, no. the next generation is doomed to degeneracy. shit parenting and unrestricted iphone usage starting at 6 years old all but guarantees it

Funny you claim I'm mentally ill.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996208/

But hey, don't take my word for it. Just come attend the next gay pride parade in Bumfuckistan USA.

ONE THING

And that would be coke bugs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_parasitosis

I saw a story in the news recently where they just discovered that rough and tumble play is good for young children like it was some sort of fucking revelation. God I hate liberals.

Born in 87 here. I remember it turning as OP says when i was about 14. Honestly, I can't remember what life was like before the internet.

Fuck. How the fuck did we get anything done?

They also believe the liberal use of Dial and vaccines are a good thing.
Ignoring that naturally-developed immunities are vital to biologically establish a base for which the vaccines can even cause the the immune system to build upon.

Thus, you get allergies to every little shit thing on earth and maladies like celiac disease.
Their personalities are literally the same way too. Sheltered from harm, and awarded trophies for participation, they get triggered readily from mundane things.
The shitbugs they're importing and enabling with their fantasies however grew up like me, getting into nasty situations and finding a way out.
They're tough.
But unlike me they're not civil. They're sociopaths and smell blood like any typical predatory animals. People in the rural community will be begged to save them as their cities devolve into chaos. People in the rural community do not forget things.

The dumb rural retards say only "learn to swim, learn to swim, learn to swim."

>you'll never live in 1980s white trash urban philly

youtube.com/watch?v=rwKNx7eTPcE

klov faggot identified

Yeah, all a Jewish plot to make the rest of the population as easy to control as niggers, make everyone so helpless and reliant on you to even keep them alive and they'll be latched into your teet for life.

>psh, nothin personnel kid

*unsheathes bush-hog*
*engages PTO*
[low+4th gear intensifies]

Calm down, Ted. Not saying I disagree

Fuck off old man. I'd trade all that antiquated "play" for just one fidget spinner. This is what the peak looks like old faggot, bask in it.

We had all kinds of fun toys, we just weren't autistic and didn't need to have them in our hands at all times to replace the mouse or phone.

Ted was right, but he cared too much.
He should have just let the maw devour its creator.
But then again, would we have EVER known his writings if he hadn't done what he did?

See that was the genius of Kaczynski. He knew that the only guaranteed way for a goy nobody to become famous without selling his soul was to become infamous. No one really cares what you have to say unless you're famous/infamous.

So he committed infamous acts of violence upon groups of people he felt were either causing the breakdown of society, or working for those who cause the breakdown.

And he became famous through infamy. And we read his writings. And they of course made perfect sense, because he's a logical mathematician who knows how to spot "shit ain't right" like a calculator dividing zero. He didn't even enjoy what he had to do, the sacrifices he had to make, to get his message out. A message involving a threat so goddamn frightening it made him flee inna woods.

You wanna know the ultimate terrifying truth? What Ted actually discovered?

>b 80s kid
>have nes when it came out
>b 4 years old and able to ride full bmx because not retarded
>ride dirtbike tracks in kansas with bmx because im 8 and i think its funny no one else will
>get spinsored for dirt track racing on bmx at 10
>turn 12 and b 6'2
>quit because bikes are too small and i like my knee skin
>skateboard
>sponsored and traveling on my own money because only average
>quit because job
>sit on my front porch today as a mid 30s man and see no kids but mine because there are only gen xers with no kids or their kids are fags sitting indoors jerking off to vidya
Wtf happened to not being a tub or lard and doing dangerous shit because youre a child and its fun?

What does people being too retarded to let their kids go outside, be dirty and gain natural immunity to things have to do with vaccines?
I'm confused about the initial part of your point.

Lazy parents decided to let children use video games 24 hours per day to not bore them.

Bump

We had better lad. We had yo-yos, cats craddle, jacks, butterfly knives, and girls that held our hands.

Indeed.
In the current climate it's almost necessary for both parents to work depending on income levels, meaning there's no more time for parenting.
Kids get brought up by video games and the internet practically.

No. But I'm sure you'll tell us in some long dramatic way

>>only knew two fat kids in elementary school
We never had a fat kid in our school, but there was a citywide athetic festival and there was one fat kid (known as "the fat kid") from another school. This is in a city of 180,000 people and the fat kid was the topic of gossip of curiosity.

Looking back he was just a bit chunky by modern standards, like 10 pounds heavier than the other normal kids. He wasn't even as fat as the fat kid from Goonies (pic related), who at the time was the most morbidly obese creature we had seen in our lives up to that point.

In high school we had one black student and not a single fat person, but this was a small school of only 780 students or so. A lot of the kids had instant cup noodles, drank 5 cans of coke a day, or just had potato chips for lunch. Most people ate pure junk food because it was quick so they would have more time to go outside and smoke (students could smoke at our school, even the underage ones, as long as they stood at least 5 feet away from the doorway).

Something has changed in food over the last 30 years. We were just as unhealthy as kids today and fat kids just didn't exist.

Something is wrong with our food. Whatever changed it happened quickly because there are way more fat than skinny kids nowadays.

Forgot to point out that kids were bullied to being too skinny. It was automatically assumed that all the really skinny kids were fags.

We used to eat pizza, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and all the terrible things Michelle Obama says is making is fat and unhealthy. They gave us something different every day and it was always good. I never understood people complaining about school lunches on TV and shit. Fucking loved it.

>Something has changed in food over the last 30 years.

Don't blame the food; blame the lack of exercise and overconsumption.

People are seemingly unwilling to accept that people are responsible, by and large, for their own health, not food companies.

>tfw you will never experience the 80s or anything like it
It'll all go down hill from here

Nigga the food didn't change, it's the people. People don't move. They fucking sit for 8 hours at work, 2 hours for their commute to and from, and another 6 hours at home. The entire time eating retarded portions.

It's so fucking hard to gain weight if you're moderately active. I lift 3 times a week for about 1 to 2 hours. I eat whatever the fuck I want. I recently decided that I wanted to bulk up 15lbs. It took 3 months of drinking half a gallon of milk on top of eating anything and everything I could to reach that. I am 30 years old, I am not an 18 year old young skeleton anymore.

ABEC-7 are good bearings FWIW.

Vaccines require a strong base immunity to build upon, otherwise you can get nasty complications because the immune response is overly severe. It can prompt over-immunity. Where the immune system will target native body tissue(auto-immune diseases) or overreact to external agents(nuts, shellfish, other things with various and particular chemistries).
Immunity is something that should be built up over time, and pediatricians know this. It's a well-established fact of medicine which is why they don't dump every vaccine known into a kid in one or two shots.
But, because of exaggerated fears of illness, shots are given too early, or too close together to allow immunization to run a slower, even course.

Actually, it's simple. Technology and urban life are fatal to humanity as it currently stands. We're not evolved enough to handle it yet. And exceptions do not make the rule.
Proof is immediately visible in the internet and cellular technology. As soon as these things went mainstream among the most intelligent races on earth, it led to degradation. With those of less evolutionary muster, it's been even more frighteningly fucked up.

Ted Kaczynski figured it out through simple math and observing the behaviors of his colleagues, supposedly smart men completely corrupted by technology they couldn't handle.
Scared him enough to drive him into the wild. A man of science and math driven into the woods by technology's negative consequences. Or should I say, the consequences of an underdeveloped species who has yet to even comprehend the magnitude of pic related.

>47kt
This is a SMALL ONE.

We ate too much junkfood too though. By grade 10 when more students had cars there were pilgramages to the nearby A&W at least twice a week.

We walked to school and had phys ed. That is more than can be said for the convoy of cars dropping kids off at school these days but it wasn't a lot of activity. Less than half the kids were involved in sports when I was in highschool in 1992.

This thread needs more vaporwave

youtu.be/FZUfiW3W1KY
youtu.be/QPAHVS-e1NM
youtu.be/SolEjKrcg4E

Ah alright, thanks for the clarification.

I think I've become too accustomed to assuming everyone is a mentally deficient conspiracy theorist on this website...

only one fat kid in my elementary school class and everybody made fun of him for being a fat worthless piece of shit who got chosen last in every sport because he fucking sucked. now I bet there are so many fat kids that the skinny ones get picked on.

>unrestricted iphone usage starting at 6 years old

It's normal to see 3 year olds like this now. Not even shitting you.

Can confirm. I've seen way to many times parents just hand over the phone to distract the child.

>Be late 90's kid (born in 98)
>Played in the dirt
>Jumped in the mud
>Climbed over fences
>Touched the poison ivy
>Crawed through bushes to get baseball back
>Rode bikes till dark as when it dark dark out i started crashing into things
>Came home to play outdated video games like Nintendo 64 and PS2 (PS3 existed i was just too poor)
>Had to walk through through the store just to get a look at the new consoles
>Knew fat people but it was based on eating shit food due to poverty

*teleports behind you*

It's all basic logic. The problem is people's feelings and desire for more wealth and comfort pollute their minds from objective observations.
You just look at things, balance em out, see how they connect, and you can get a general but accurate view of what's going on.

For me, I first read about Kaczynski's theories on /n/. I read through the gist, and while noting his genius-level math ability, wondered as a fellow scientist "what drives a man like this to go into the fucking woods out of the blue?"

Answer, FEAR.
"Of what?"
Where was he? What did he see? Did he actually enjoy killing? NO. He never showed the signs of psychopathy. A bit of psychosis out of paranoid-induced mania, yes, but he had good reason to be afraid.
Unless mankind evolves unnaturally fast, we're in store for a rough few decades. Those decades will eliminate most of the lower-IQ populace and many of those not capable of adapting. It'll hit everyone hard, and will cause lots of anguish world-wide. It's going to hurt. Psychopaths will survive at first, but eventually their egotistic ways will become antagonistic, and they will no longer have a dumb population to defend them, and they too will be eliminated as a threat. Humanity's immune system is going to kick in once the immunosupressants known as bread and circuses stops affecting the population. The cancer is going to be purged, but it ain't going down peacefully. No disease or cancer does.

Those who survive will be of genetically and mentally fitter stock. Nature has a way of choosing stability over chaos, and when a chaotic situation arises it always leads to stability. Order is the law of the universe, whether you like it or not.

I just realized i left highschool just as phones were becoming able to access the internet
I wonder what break times are like now, i know i would have just found somewhere quiet to brows the internet. I wonder if would be bullies are just browsing the internet now

When I left high school nobody even cared about the internet yet except us nerds.

High school today must be a world I'll never fathom.

As a skinny highschooler, it da truth. I fucking hate everyone around me. Vapid self obsessed idiots. They couldn't care about anything past their fucking phones and instagrams. Never want to do anything besides do drugs and drink. It's so obvious they have been sheltered their entire lives and have never had to do a days work. Sometimes I think about shooting up my school just to remind them that bad things happen.

>Be me
>a 90s kid
>No one gives a fuck

No one gives a fuck about you or your muh 80s nostalgia.
The 80s and 90s were both shitty decades.

>As a skinny highschooler, it da truth. I fucking hate everyone around me. Vapid self obsessed idiots.
Underaged fag detected
> Never want to do anything besides do drugs and drink.
Join them then and then you will loosen up.
> Sometimes I think about shooting up my school just to remind them that bad things happen.
Nice admitting that on the internet where the government could read your plot to shoot up your Canadian high school (i do not even know how that works).

Oh god its awful. There's no more white kids
It's all just this brownish mullato/hapa/chink slur of mindless phone addicted faggots

>of what
>not being afraid of the nightmare cube

While I was too young to remember the 80s. I grew up in 90s and it was pretty much what OP said.

We had a old wooden playground at school that was high as fuck. Literally 2.5-3 storeys with a slide built in.

Nails sometimes would be exposed on the playground and a kid cut his arm one day and his mother demanded action.

Next thing we come to school on a Monday morning and the playground is in ruins. They destroyed the damn thing on the weekend and didn't tell the kids cause they knew we loved it.

They replaced it with this PC playground that was so "Safe" no one even wanted to use it except the 5 year olds.

my parents didn't really mind. parents down the street would kick you out after an hour. probably the right thing to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=k6xntziKoxY

I will note one exception to the rule and one place that MIGHT survive, with some luck.

Japan. For only tow reasons.
Ego is tempered there. The people do not have bloated egos. Because of this restrained ego, they can better handle the dopamine rush caused by technological utilization. They still have some issues, but for them it hasn't reached critical mass. The influences of Buddhism and Shintoism are healthy when dealing with technology. They'll still need luck, as they sit very close to nuclear powers and rely on the US for defense. Russia is a wild dog, the US is infatuated with itself, North Korea is just batshit insane, China WILL GROW STRONGER(and damn the consequences), and South Korea is North Korea fodder.

The other reason is their nationality. It's not nationality like what's preached here on Sup Forums. It's not a nationality based on ego(our race is the best). It's a nationality built on distrust of foreign influences and a loathing of disorder.
They're not currently strong. But the funny thing about them, despite their claims of hating nukes, they could have usable nuclear ICBMs with worldwide strike ability within a month.
They store their nuke fuel as "radioactive waste" and their missiles as "test vehicle platforms" under the control of JAXA. These are shrew people, who can adapt fast if it needs doing.
They're famous for preparing. Anyone like myself who knows prepper philosophy and order can see this. They keep it quite to avoid attention, a typical East Asian trait.

Never try to think about the nips like a modern Westerner. You can't do it. Observe them like you would as an 18th Century American.

>nicest guy you'll ever meet
>twisted fucking psychopath

Can you show me pictures of the new playground?

Fuck off, Satan.

Nigger some fucko in Montreal shot up a mosque with 2 ak47s. You can get guns in Canada it's just harder. I do drugs and drink with a group of about 5 guys who havent been corrupted by the mind virus yet but I don't let it take me over. All kids at school do is talk about the next time they gonna have a lit sesh with the squadddd yaaass.

It mostly has to do with the excessuve amount of carbs now in kids' diets. The low-fat craze was a lie that is making us into fat, dependent cattle.

So, you want to save this generation? Get them off the carbs and back to eating real food. Bread, rice, corn, are food for bloating up cows, they're not good people.

Fucking lol

They replaced it with something lame like this.

Actually most playgrounds in the city were yanked down in the 90s and all had these safer plastic versions installed.

No more flying foxes where if you fell off you broke your legs. It was all lame "kid friendly" shit built for 4 year olds.

>Nigger some fucko in Montreal shot up a mosque with 2 ak47s
Did he admit his desire to do so online specifically on a board the government monitors?
>who havent been corrupted by the mind virus yet
Of what social media?
>All kids at school do is talk about the next time they gonna have a lit sesh with the squadddd yaaass.
Do you think in the adult world you will not deal with fucking dumbasses kid? i deal with dumb fucks everyday at work and even on my off days (Some cunt tapped on my car door trying to preach to me in a parking lot and i called her a bitch).

The rest of your life will be like this just adapt to the envoirment and plan your escape.

Get your priorities in order, dude.

There aint anybody at that school worth you fucking your life up over. Lay off the drugs and get your head straight and become somebody that orders those kinds of people around for a living if you want to do something about it.

everything I have goes out when it rains. so, stupid,didn't use to.

>They replaced it with something lame like this.
Oh fuck that sucks i remember the playground that was fucking dangerous as a kid as me, my brother and a few other kids went on top of the equipment and played around (there was a way on top of the tunnel).

I don't know if it is still there or not but it was something provided by the park service.
>Actually most playgrounds in the city were yanked down in the 90s and all had these safer plastic versions installed.
I had plastic playground equipment but i found a way to make them really dangerous (as i said before).

who are you quoting?

If you're not an asshole, and not some stuck-up cunt(usually urbanites but can also be the occasional ruraltard on a ego trip), I've no reason to be a threat to you.

If you're an asshole, you're a problem. I like solving problems.
C6-H7-(NO2)3-O5n + Pb = one hell of a drug. Solves problems fast. Supersonic at times(.308 and .338 are always g2g).

Did you ever consider that you're the problem and not the rest of the world?

you type like an autist, take your fucking xanax and go back to r/the_donald retard

You are cancer DOS ftw

Yes I did. I spent years on that. People like you even had me believing I might have been sexually abuse at one time.

Then I started to get older. Emotional irrationality started to wane. I was already conservative, but even more conservatism began to take hold. I went places. I talked with people all over the globe. I did thinking in both a logical and irrational state.
What I discovered is like what Ted discovered, the difference being I don't care like Kaczynski. Those who are not vigilant, those not willing to adapt or survive, will die, and it benefits no one for me to go out of my way to protect or defend those who are weak(I mean adults here BTW)

If you're an adult and die in the coming shitstorm, good. Humanity does not need you and you are a literal pest. In farm country, we know how to deal with pests.
People that cannot weather this storm are good for nothing and consume resources without benefiting anything. They just exist to use things. A source of income at best.
I don't have psychopathy. I do know the pain that is coming and I know why people will fight and hate their suffering. I don't want it to happen, but I know it must happen.
Otherwise we are stuck here in Twitter hell.

Etizolam > Alprazolam

The mind virus is what I call the phenomenon where kids just stop caring about anything besides themselves. As soon as kids discover that you can supplement being a boring, shallow person with clothes, they just turn off. Their life becomes a process of showing themselves off and trying to climb the social ladder more and more because kids don't have friends anymore they just have prizes. Its purely about hanging out with people who make you look good no one actually enjoys the their so called friends. Being part of the in crowd is this alluring position that kids destroy themselves to acheive. The worst part is this is exactly what the kikes want is for kids to just keep buying their little trinkets to show off and to care less and less about things that matter and to care more and more about keeping snap chat streaks going. I don't think you understand how bad it is because in your day you had a lot of dumbasses but at least they had souls and we're motivated by some sort of passion to be who they were. Kids just go through the motions while gorging on bread and circuses.

>ramblings of a madman

I'm sure your manifesto will be a few hundred pages, and nobody will read that either.

I'll never have a manifesto.
I don't care enough to sacrifice my life to make a statement.
You take Muslims for example. Not a threat to me or my family. You know why?

1. We're hicks.
2. We shoot to kill.
3. Brown people are defacto disposable.

Care to refute anything I said, btw? Or is ad hom you best jab? If that's all you got, I'm assured. You'll never survive the coming world. Not with empty attacks of that magnitude.

You need some firepower.

'80's kid, here. Do any of you youngins even know what a "latchkey kid" is???

Depends. Do you know what a PTO is?

SOMEONE POST THE .JPG OF THE EMO KID WHO IS AN ANGEL IS ONE HALF AND A PSYCHOPATH IN THE OTHER HALF, NOW

TYBrianEno

The simple fact is that you're desperate for human interaction, which is why you're typing large documents of text on an imageboard in the middle of the night. You claim you don't like the city but it sounds more to me that you need to be around people more often to fix some of those loose screws.

Or maybe you're just some retard in an apartment somewhere LARPing this shit and none of it matters. There's really no way to know, nor do I care.

>tfw that sound
Time to play some /comfy/ NHL '94.

youtube.com/watch?v=aOZPBUu7Fro

i was born in 94 and i literally did everything you did except go to the arcade that much, until i was in my mid-early teens then i started going on Sup Forums and playing modernwarfare runescape and wow all the time.

honestly who knows what the next generation will be like with all the technogology and phones now. i personally think there will be war for soon us or the kids who are growing up now to bring them into reality. we kind of need it. history has shown it happens every now and again when people get too soft.

Windows 95 with the Explorer interface overhaul! Good memories. Basically a buggy Windows 98

Why is this such a controversial thing when I say it?
It's common here to be both a good guy and a bad guy, depending on which side of those two definitions you fall upon.

Are you telling me you don't take sides? I call bullshit.

>The simple fact is that you're desperate for human interaction, which is why you're typing large documents of text on an imageboard in the middle of the night.
It's a Sunday and I'm bored and find discussions to be a good way to pass time.
Believe it or not, debate is awesome. I wouldn't be here if people actually agreed with me. What fun would that be? What use would it be?
I will almost always respond to a critic over a supporter of views, simply because critics, even the most petty, make me think about my beliefs. You never get better without challenge.

I love engaging in convo. I just despise overall politics and behaviors. Even the most staunch introvert needs human interaction to stave off schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis.

Also, y'know, I love this fucking website. For 13 years now. There are pregnant kids alive who did not exist when I started posting here.
And unlike most, I'll freely admit why I first came here. The porn. Why else?

PTA?
No, PTO.
I'll give you a hint. Hay baler.

I can be ur angle or ur devl

in my day it was either play in dirt or not do anything it really was a life affirming experience

Back in 88 I spent 3 weeks in Canada visiting relatives. Said to my friends, 'seeya when I get back'. When I returned shared my stories about fucking huge moose and told em all about the 8/10 cousin I scored with (except she was a 5 at best and I barely got to 2nd base).

My son went there last year. Every fucking day with 20 IG/fb updates. 700 selfies with Tim Hortons, pics of him eating poutine, selfies with faggot cousin (who he probably kissed), 812 status updates about endless driving across prairies.

Do people really need to know what someone does 24 hours of the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=T4kJtEcALA4

Engaging in debate with you isn't the problem, it was the tough guy threats and reveling in the possibility that we pests will all die in your fictional end times that destroyed your credibility as someone rational enough to want to debate with.