/dug/ - Dual Universe General

Our Sup Forums empire needs you!

community_dualthegame_com/organization/galactic-commonwealth

cmon Sup Forums, the empire needs you!

Is this like Space Engineers or some shit? And where's the server? Krautland?

yes like space engineers except this time its actually a working game. a whole universe to explore. and server arent up yet cause the game opens only in september, but you can join the group now.

How much is this dumpster fire going to cost? These types of indie fuckups are pretty fun with friends.

13$ per month.
its not a fuckup tho

>monthly subscription
>not a fuckup
The only games I would pay a monthly fee for are Vanilla WoW and EVE Online, and both of those are free now. Good luck trying to get this to break even...

funny, this game took an example of eve. especially when they thought about the payment system.

cmon, we need more members for our empire.

hey can I run this game of a Microsoft surface pro 4? never heard of this game until now but it looks like everything I wanted, space engineers mmo wew
specs in pic related

haha im afraid not
plus you need 8 gigs of ram anyways.
how would you even play without keyboard and mouse?

If they made it another AnCap paradise like EVE, then I'll consider it. I'll probably buy it for a month and see how I feel about it.

here is how the organizations are managed

It comes with a shiggy diggy detachable keyboard, surface pro far out classes any apple product, also it has usb ports to which u can plug in a mouse I'm using a razer taipa atm. its basically a laptop but better

you can make your own corp and do what you want in the game. but i urge you to join ours. since we are already established.

ok but you need a good GPU and 8 gigs of ram.

>not using the best wireless mouse for maximum portability

it runs morrowind alright, get back to me when the optimization is completed and I can run it on a fitbit m8

Hey fags the link doesn't work.

its not my fuckin link, dick.

and yeah it dosnt

thats because it was obstructed. add dots instad of underscores.

OP, how much are they paying you to promote this game?

Give me the /quickrundown/ on this game. Will it be worth my time and money?

im solely promoting my empire.

>build things up to unlimited size
>make a faction and fight against others
>world is voxel based
>server architecture makes you able to play with thousandth of players on the same location

id play it if I had a good enough computer, looks like it'll be pretty sweet, space engineers mmo, get a few friends together or like this krauts trying to do, build an empire and run shit. the site says "emergent" gamplay that basically means do whatever you want and an equilibrium will eventually form.

looks better then star citizen tbqhwy but we'll see

Sounds cool, I do NOT like subscriptions though.

sure, me neither, but you can buy the ruby pack and get a lifetime subscription. thats what i did.

>Crowdfunding
call me when the game is fucking done
I'm sick of playing pre-alpha pieces of shit that have 0 content

What old games can you run on those things with the i5, every time i check the internet benchmarks only list modern shit at low res and graphics, like gta5, overwatch and such.

Who in the fuck buys a surface to run modern gaming shit on it, i want to know how well it runs shit like half life 2, vamp bloodlines, deus ex, kotor 1 and 2 titan qiest, etc? or can it run modern indies like shadowrun and some mmos like old republic.and path of exile..can it run those kind of games maxed out at 720p/1080p

dosnt run path of exile to any satisfactory standard at all, can get about 15 fps with a 300x 300 screen ahah, it runs all the old games perfectly, like I said morrowind, runs that like a dream, havnt tried anything else cause I traded this for my gaming rig cause I want to stop playing games and work on fitness atm but its alright

It can run most modern games without breaking a sweat
Problems begin when you start piling up CPU-intensive post processing or physics
even then, your GPU is going to be a bottleneck more than your CPU with most modern games, and temperatures are also going to fuck your rig up if you don't have proper ventilation

when we reach 100 members i will stop advertising. we have 97 now.

Ur link'z not working my nigga

just applied

its obstructed.

Lemmi join

why doe

I payed 30 bucks for Gmod and it gives me way more this game could ever offer even without a subscription. No thanks.

cause the link was blocked on Sup Forums.

gmod spacebuild? ha nah..

Yes, and Gmod in general. No. Thank. You.

how?

your choice. but in gmod you cant conquer a whole universe.

holy shit dude

wat?

"deflowerer"
that was not SUCH a wise namechoice..

sorry; nevermind.

I have a Surface Pro 2 with a i5 4300u 8/256gb and I'm currently running HL2 and Black Mesa on an external 27" fhd monitor, at native res with all the trimmings. Runs smooth but more modern stuff would suck, like Fear which chugs for instance.

Get off this board, and go to Sup Forums. This is not political at all and this just seems like a marketing tactic.
Also, I don't need to conquer the universe. I'm not spending that much time wasting away at a video game for so long.

What's wrong with it?

Sup Forums has a history of playing certain games. especially a political one like this.

could drive away other more common folk

I'm just an innocent flower picker.

99 people

haha

I might join, but I'm not shilling out for a subscription day 1

thats ok.
people will make their own choices.

but you might join in preparation for the alpha wich opens this september.

hold up. Are you telling me I would have to pay a subscription for an alpha?

How could I find you guys?

i think the alpha is free.

the link in the op. if you join, ull find our discord link in the posts section.

>This site can't be reached.

You have to pay to get access to the alpha and the game when it's released. This isn't an alpha-open-access game like Steam Greenlight. It's a typical MMO (In this regard) with an alpha and beta before released.

There is a system like Plex in EVE called DAC for this game. You will be able to play and use ingame currency to purchase playtime.

>free
>I can jew my way to more game time after an initial purchase
You now have my attention

its obstructed.