Malls used to be so cool

'94fag here. I used to love going to the malls, were they that cool or do I just have nostalgia goggles?

I can imagine back in the day people used to meet at the malls after school to hang somewhere to get away from the parents. All we had was gay parks.

>youtube.com/watch?v=I43pxV35MbY
>youtube.com/watch?v=Zov7PEXdVZk
>youtube.com/watch?v=FZUfiW3W1KY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cYYPpZ8rFI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrWfhyZLmyQSl69vpytFqups_56ieLA_f
youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder how much copper wire I can steal from there

>See video #2 where the mall is stripped Fallout style

Man the kikes sure got to you
>all we ever had was gay parks and the beauty of nature, we never got to experience the joy of consumerist overload

>94
Nigger you're 23 what the fuck are you talking about? The mall heyday was in the 80's. Dumb faggot.

86fag here, you aren't missing anything. If you have any regrets about the way you grew up it is up to you to deal with it. I thought for awhile that I wish I did more with my youth and then I started to think about all the cool shit I did that other people will never get the chance to do.

I too discovered that channel a week ago too

I remember morrow morrow land.

I can tells the tale. Like we tells everr night.

No they didn't. Take your nostalgia goggles off. Malls were an intermediate phase between old fashioned downtowns and the big box / online dichotomy we have now.

>All we had was gay parks
Not toooo sure what a gay park is, but if it's anything like a park with grass and trees it's a shit-ton better than a fucking mall.

>'94fag

You didn't even see the golden age of the malls user.

I recently visited a mall and the parking lot was swarming with homeless people. That's diversity for ya.

remember the mall arcades whenever you see someone complaining about twitch TV
people have always watched others play video games, and going to an arcade to watch a good player was really fun
it was definitely a great way to spend time as a kid with not much money and time to kill while the women went shopping for bullshit

'94? I bet you've never even had an orange julius, faggot.

malls were obsolete by the year 2002 at best and in most cities a lot earlier than that. fucking wannabee LOL US 90'S KIDS larping like that shit wasn't lame.

I think nostalgia glasses. There were some cool stores in them sometimes, mostly because they weren't clothing stores. If malls were more diverse in what they sold I would probably visit them more often.

early mall

I was born in '89 and it feels like malls were already dying when I was younger, scene kids in high school felt like the death knell of "mall culture" and even that before was smartphones got huge. As said though, even I probably missed the golden age of malls. Think Commando and Terminator 2, they just had to have mall scenes because malls were THE destination back then for EVERYONE. TV getting into its stride with stuff like Seinfeld, Blockbuster Video, home consoles for video games, the plethora of fast food restaurants and Starbucks all over the place, and not to mention online retailers like Amazon probably really started to kill the necessity of going outside for too much. There probably was not much to do back then so you found something to do on a hot day by going to the air conditioned mall, grabbing some decent grub, hanging out, whatever.

wrong pic

>all those white people

94? Malls were already dead before you left gradeschool.

Take this shit to b nigger

Brazil still have functional malls in large cities, but i think its everyday more clear it isnt going to last on this day of online purchases, WhatsApp and digital communication.
Im not sure there on america, but here the location of mall space is actually REALLY expensive, which makes all business have high prices, amd get fucked by online purchases.

'84 fag here.
I've seen pics of malls from mid 80s. Speaking with parents- they were huuuuge during mid 80s. Red Letter Media did a review of this quirky/bizarre movie called "True Stories". There's a commentary about malls during it that is spot on.

youtube.com/watch?v=4cYYPpZ8rFI

Picture unrelated

>I was born in '89 and it feels like malls were already dying when I was younger,
Oh damn, I just realized why I can't explain the importance of the commons to the average American - the commons (in civic/architectural/social sense) have already been replaced by the colonized version so they don't even remember how it was "supposed to be" in a decent, humane society.

I'm talking about the public square/forum/agora vs private space with its own rules, social/financial admission price dichotomy, every time I post something about that it seems to perplex people because they've already grown up on the "bad" version of it and think it's a normal state of things.

>tfw grew up in the tail end of this era

Life felt so much more secure and innocent back then. The edgiest shit you could do is do meme drugs and wear meme emo hair, and society was always willing to help you get out of your edgy phase. Everyone was a moral fag back then, it was so nice.

Nowadays it feels like civilization is collapsing. Does anyone else have this feel? Life just felt so much more sheltered back then, so much more comfy and not chaotic.

Malls were cool when I was a kid in the 90's, they died when the bus routes got near them and the niggers started hanging around them. Blacks ruined the mall, just as they ruined the downtown markets before that.

Nostalgia goggles. The have not liked malls since I was a teen either when i was infected with the consumerist virus.

Relevant: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrWfhyZLmyQSl69vpytFqups_56ieLA_f

This is why the malls died--literally.

But also from the spics as well

Oh I know what you mean. Glad you can see too that society is in the process of tearing itself apart to be built anew. Just embrace it you'll feel better it needs to happen anyways.

I miss hanging out at vidya game stores to browse all the newest games, or maybe finding some older gem in the discount pile.

I remember watching someone in an arcade once. They were playing super/hyper/somecrap Streetfighter II. All they did was sonic boom again and again and again. The computer blocked every one and it lost 1% health. So they just did it again and again and again and again.
It was fascinating in a why-the-fuck-are-you-even-bothering kind of way. How could it possibly be enjoyable?

>be me
>born in 82
>high school bus stop is in front of mall
>we'd always hang by the mall at 2:30 after school
>just walking around looking at shit occasionally buying food at the food court
>mall cop would always follow us and kick us out almost every fucking day
>be today
>when I walk by the same mall nigger and spic kids in the mall fighting each other and yelling breaking and stealing shit
>no one is kicking them out

I don't feel bad one iota. Kick out the white kids who came from preppy well off catholic private school and now you welcome niggers and spics. Fuck you. Pic related is the mall.

Niggers and spics came and shit them up like they do everything else.

t. SoCal fag

OP in a nutshell.
youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg

what the fuck are you talking about cigan?

>all those well dressed poeple

Fuck, why don't people give a shit about their appearance anymore?

They also kill amusement parks. And schools. And neighborhoods. And cities. And militaries. And countries.

People say the internet will kill stores but I have no idea how thats the case with clothing stores. I always try before I buy and 50% of the time when I buy online I don't like the cut. Same with sneakers I am a constant size but then i'll see sneakers I like on sale and they won't fit me despite picking the size I always pick.

Because we have been infected with a nihilistic, livestock-like mindset and no one cares about anything anymore.

Born in 95, ever since I was a kid I was super jealous of how communal everything seemed to be back then. My favorite movies and shows were shit like Twin Peaks and Dazed and Confused. It kind of feels like shit knowing I was robbed of experiencing any of that but then again I guess phones and computers do make life a lot less mundane.

I wasn't even a nerd or a loser when I went to school, I was acquainted with a lot of different popular social circles. It's just nobody did shit after school. We'd all go home and stare at FB and IG. No bonfires no arcades no just literally hanging out at the underpass till it got dark making out with cute girls from school. Fucking lame

Is it me or does that look like a level from l4d2? that picture makes it look like it.

There has never been any such thing as 'private' space in this city. Please elaborate.

Malls have always sucked. If I wanted to meet someone in private we'd meet up in the woods, down by the ocean or somewhere on the mountain.

If you didn't live next to these things then you didn't have a childhood

>implying it will ever be built anew

When the Roman Empire collapsed it took many generations of pain and suffering for new societies to arise.

Nowadays there's much more technological tools for tyrants to prolong that suffering. We also don't have nearly as many resources as in the past, no new continents to develop. Also there's radioactive material and fragile things scattered everywhere that have to be upkept by central governments or else they cause mass havoc.

If civilization collapses I think this is the last time. I don't think it can rebound from this user, and I feel like we lost grip of the reigns long ago. Now it is pulled off into oblivion and we can do nothing but watch in horror as we pretend it will all be alright.

Yup. Everything the evil white supremacists said in the 50's and 60's came true. Everything they warned about with regard to black people happened. Communities and cities destroyed, white flight, culture reduced to the most base and cheap shit. Fucking hell.