Got it

clean your room

i've started daydreaming about how beautiful john 1 is

the word was with god
and the word was god

Anyone watch his new video on God yet?

yes. imagine if sermons in churches would be like this

Sort the bible and read yourself out

I was raised in Dallas Texas as a Christian and was until I was 18. At no point was actually sitting down and studying the bible as a serious practice ever encouraged unless one was specifically going to work in the church service.

We'd kind of generally know the books and most of the big stories, but we only ever got partial readings. I don't think that my dad taking me had ever sat down and read the whole thing and studied it.

I love Peterson's stuff, but doesn't he kind of realize that the heavily thought out esoteric un-literal mythology and literature are true method he tries to argue against atheism is NOT what the vast majority of Christians believe and its not even a part of their worldview.

Its almost as if Peterson has stepped so far back that he should be able to redpill himself, but takes the God bluepill anyway.

I'm not saying that I know what in the least God is or isn't, but its gotta be better than anything a human can come up with or comprehend.

Fags.

he doesnt care about your bible humpers or fedora tipping atheists. he is trying to fix the spiritual void by working on a new understanding of old stories.

>American protestant admitting he's never studied the bible or Christian belief thinks he knows the first thing about Theology

This!

yes mister

nah harry potter was more interesting desu
also had better moral values

but reading the bible makes you an atheist

Who is this OP? Genuinely curious

Only the first time, and only because you're thinking about it wrong. Listen to Peterson, sort yourself out.

Jordan "Bucko" Peterson. the hero we need but dont deserve.

clean your room
slay the dragon
rescue your father

>t.beaner
He's a Catholic spic, wanna bet?

>read the bible
stopped reading there

get the virgin

>wanna bet?
I would bet he's Protestant. He said he's never been encouraged to read or study the bible, which is something Catholics are notoriously authoritarian about. Protestants always complain about all the rules and compelled actions of Catholicism

Beauty is the most powerful thing. Make your surroundings as beautiful as possible.

pretty good desu

i don't think he realizes that he actually disproves the necessity for religion, though

the hierarchy structures that he believes are described in things like biblical allegories can be replaced by things like artistic works or memes (in the Dawkins sense)

also I think if Peterson wasn't so afraid of humanity he would be a full blown fascist

sort yourself out
slay the dragon
save your father

all reminiscent of fascist ideology

Tell the truth.
Do not do things that you hate.
Act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.
Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.
If you have to choose, be the one who does things, instead of the one who is seen to do things.
Pay attention.
Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you need to know. Listen to them hard enough so that they will share it with you.
Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationships.
Be careful who you share good news with.
Be careful who you share bad news with.
Make at least one thing better every single place you go.
Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.
Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or resentful.
Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.
If old memories still make you cry, write them down carefully and completely.
Maintain your connections with people.
Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or artistic achievement.
Treat yourself as if you were someone that you are responsible for helping.
Ask someone to do you a small favour, so that he or she can ask you to do one in the future.
Make friends with people who want the best for you.
Do not try to rescue someone who does not want to be rescued, and be very careful about rescuing someone who does.
Nothing well done is insignificant.
Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
Dress like the person you want to be.
Be precise in your speech.
Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
Don't avoid something frightening if it stands in your way -- and don't do unnecessarily dangerous things.
Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.

Do not transform your wife into a maid.
Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.
Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
Read something written by someone great.
Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
Don't let bullies get away with it.
Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing -- and propose a solution.
Remember that what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know.
Be grateful in spite of your suffering.

the antidote to chaos

>he hierarchy structures that he believes are described in things like biblical allegories can be replaced by things like artistic works or memes
But by that sense they'd have to remake the key subject which might then be anything not at all similar to the biblical message of humanity. So why invent something new instead of building upon it?

you've missed the point of what he and Jung are saying. Being the hero is an archetypical story, its something that is millennia old, fascism has as much to do with it as does liberalism.

actually I just remembered what Peterson has said in a few of his videos

his contention is that we should analyze the world's religions before we just "throw the baby out with the bathwater", as they say

scrapping the christianity without fully understanding why it exists is dangerous

i take back my statement

I like how suddenly he goes mad and then come back to normal

i don't understand your post

i certainly don't see fascism and liberalism as remotely comparable in terms of archetypal structure

Peterson has been wrestling with the idea of theism and has been trying to reconcile the scientist and the believer in him for longer than we've been alive. Its something that Piaget, a huge influence on Peterson's psycho-analysis work, started. I don't think Peterson has ever argued for the necessity of organised religion, he's never apologised for the Church in the way that Gavin McInnes does. Whenever he's brought up the subject, he always quotes that famous Nietzsche line: "God is dead and we killed him." And explains (as Nietzsche did), with the decline of influence of the Church it left a huge hole in society that was going to be filled by hyper rational ideologies, and that's why there were so many deaths in the West in the 20th century. Peterson goes really in depth into it in his first Bible lecture, just watch the damn video, its very interesting.

This is the archetype (as he explains) and how it relates to liberalism:
>males are subject to the dominance hierarchy since forever
>over the centuries we figured out how to get to get to the top and told stories about it
>be the hero, sort yourself out etc.
>every man has this capability with liberty
>i.e. the individual
>ergo liberalism is connected to the archetypical structure

>Be grateful in spite of your suffering.

What is this pacifying shit.
Be grateful, goy! Ghehehe.

I genuinely don't understand why people like this guy. I get that he's edgy and racist and burnt down a few churches, but what has he actually done of any sort of value or significance?

He's a militant pagan who literally LARPs. He's interesting.

the alternative is to wallow in your despair and let yourself spiral into chaos.

burzum - filosofem is probably lauded as the best black metal album of all time. Not a fan of black metal though, personally. But he was big on Sup Forums (and still is kinda) during 2010-2013

i think maybe we're conflating conceptions of liberalism

the individual is actually an important aspect of prototypical fascism, so liberalism isn't completely divorced from even fascism in that both deal with overlapping concepts

ultimately i don't see liberalism and fascism as equals with respect to the dominance hierarchy

i suppose that's completely up for debate, though

he's fun to listen to

i watch his videos for the same reason i read vox articles

I can respect that, I don't know enough about fascism to refute it

The ultimate redpill is the Godpill. The only way to protect people against Islam.

It would be somewhat impressive if he burnt down a mosque, but he went after the softest targets possible and arson when no one is around is hardly that militant. I get that he collects guns and wears camo, but I feel like it's very difficult to find a softer arson target than a church. They welcome all strangers and aren't suspicious of people and aren't heavily armed or are convinced they're waging holy war and enemies are all around them like muslims do. It seems like it was just a way to get famous for minimal risk in a country with notoriously short prison sentences and very safe prisons. I don't know. It's just hard for me to get over how edgy his whole persona seems. Not even like it's natural edginess, but it's calculated and intentional for-profit edginess.

I forgot he's a musician.

Telling young white males that they aren't actually the root of all evil is getting pretty popular now. I suppose that getting in on it early helped him become a living meme. Doesn't hurt that he the "Christianity made Europe weak" shtick either.

I know I just sound like an ankle-biter, but I can't get over the douche feel when I see him. Just too edgy without any actual substance or conviction. Sorry, no intentions of derailing the thread.

I couldn't agree more when Peterson says that there's a religious void in Western civilization. Doesn't matter what it will be because that void has to be filled with something eventually. It's no wonder there's so many conversions among lefties to Islam and Christianity is on the rise too.

World wide crusade vs jihad when?

that's what makes varg varg

i can never tell if he's a sociopath or if he's a loveable family guy

it really does look like he cares for his kids and wife to me anyway

Right on.

Reading the bible to a christian is like reading the dictionary. Everyone jokes about it but nobody actually does it.

In most churches they only read one or two paragraphs a week. They literally sing more words than they read from the bible, which is supposed to be the actual word of God. .

>"jews are gods chosen peop-"
into the trash it goes

he shows a kind of masculinity that is rare in today's days.
>family first
>have kids
>dont take shit of anyone
>do your thing
>be a man
the opposite to the cuckmen who are promoted in media

that was like 20 years ago. no mosques were around

>Read Bible
>Praise Jeebus
>The whole story is centered around Joseph getting cucked.
Wether he was cucked by God, or another man, doesn't really matter.

>Holy Cuck
>I must be good Christian and follow in his steps
>Become cuck because that's what God wants me to do.

Thank you OP, I read the Bible and sorted myself out.

>no mosques were around
Fair enough.

>or another man
Imagine they were able to do DNA testing proving it was just some big dicked dude from the next village over. New schism in the church. The cuck schism.

>The Pentateuch is just a collection of older folk tales, dressed up as a single document
>The Book of Daniel is full of failed prophecies
>The Pauline epistles prove that Jesus wasn't even a real person
>Mark copied most of his material from the Old Testament
>Matthew, Luke and John copied from Mark

Why are you wasting your time with this stuff, OP?

I read the bible when I was 6 and decided to not believe in a god since then.

You were 6

So what? My IQ was still 183.

Took me a minute to get the image. Good work.

Good on ya.
Now read up on what that means.
And sort yourself out while you're at it.