Maus

Is this the ultimate red pill?

The artists actually portrays his father, a holocaust survivor, as the stereotypical jew that Hitler hated.

More interesting elements: the father's hatred towards blacks and his inability to overcome his own internal contradiction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcRgfK_vWtQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_of_Argentina
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany#Foreign_nationals_in_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh holocaust
no

The author even portrays jews as mice and germans as cats. It's actually a pretty decent graphic novel.

Using Hitler's own analogies(vermin, rats) to refer to his own people in a book.

Furthermore, he gives a very nuances view of the Poles role in the holocaust: portraying them as opportunistic, stealing houses, taking bribes from jews, but also some as being willing to hide and protect them.

Didn't it have a gas chamber in the book, though? Or am I remembering it wrong.

That he did. Even descriptions of the gas used.

Supposedly his father even worked in one of them just before the Russians came to Auschwitz. Don't know how true that is though; his father having actual experience with it.

>"I'm tired from talking, Richieu, and it's enough stories for now."

Glad I wasn't the only one who teared up at the father-son relationship ;_;

Yes, this is definitely the best Holocaust-related book I've ever read. Read this at 8 yo, not bored yet

>implying the gas chambers were used for gassing

where can i read the whole thing these days?

its written by a jew, stop being retarded

Shalom, it's a very good read. Went through it a few years ago.

It's actually a pretty good story. Personally I believe the holocaust to be exaggerated, but not a myth.

>white

Had this taken from me in Junior high school because of the swastika. That was back in the late 90's.

Never read through the whole thing, but think about it every now and then.

Fucking kek

>tries to legitimize book written by a jew
>insults fellow whites

gee i wonder who could be behind this

FATHER: He's black. I don't trust him. Get him out of my car.
SON: Seriously? You're treating him like the Nazis treated you.
FATHER: No. It's different.

SON: He's a complete asshole.
HIS WIFE: maybe it's his experience in the camp that made him like that...
SON: No. Plenty of people went to concentration camps and were fine. My mother was one. My father is just an asshole.

SON: I want to help him but he's acting exactly like the stereotypical jew that people hate!

Very interesting book.

>insults fellow whites
>Argentina

>Furthermore, he gives a very nuances view of the Poles role in the holocaust: portraying them as opportunistic, stealing houses, taking bribes from jews, but also some as being willing to hide and protect them.
More Poles died in the Holocaust than Jews, you fucking nigger.

Very good book to be put in an oven during winter.

>fellow whites

I got an expulsion hearing in High School for quoting the "enter through the gate, leave through the chimney" joke from this book.

South america isn't white

>How are you doing fellow whites?

>Russian statistics

Art Spiegelman's father being a racist prick was the best part of the whole book.

It truly does show there is hope for everyone, even a Jew with a hyper-persecution complex from having survived an actual concentration camp.

youtube.com/watch?v=IcRgfK_vWtQ

It's pretty much agreed that jews were put in camps and that it was exaggerated. Aside from the unknown number of deaths, the only thing up to discussion is whether Hitler officially gave a mass extermination order.

Oy vey!

If they claimed to have personally survived a gas chamber or met Anne Frank, they're probably full of shit.

>the whole point of the father-son relationship as depicted was to show how unhealthy the projection of victimhood and guilt over the following generation was
Pretty interesting to see, especially now seeing how little has changed.

you know that most of jews was poles?
jews are not a race and never was
they invented that meme because nationalism was trendy in XX century

>you know that most of jews was poles?
oh look who tries to play the victim again

Truly Jordan Peterson has much to teach the Jewish community about neo-marxism and postmodernism.

WE WUZ HOLOCAUST VICTIMS

They are a distinct genetic population. Being an exclusive orthodox community for thousands of years does that.

For you Sup Forumsand

Arfgentinia is whiter than Germany asshat.
> most Argentines are descendants of these 19th and 20th century immigrants, with about 97% of the population being of European or partial European descent.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_of_Argentina
German citizens of no migrant background: 64.7 million (80% of total population)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany#Foreign_nationals_in_Germany

You completely butchered #5

#5 is actually: use government funding and media exposure to justify "programs" to combat inequality which require extensive funding to pay for "experts" and "consultants" on said topic which all happen to be your friends from the completely useless field of social sciences.

I got this book at a thrift shop for like 2 dollar but i've yet to convince myself to read it. Primarily because i set it down and lost it.

>implying I didn't just save the picture from a JP thread

>to teach the Jewish community
I was actually thinking more about modern germans that still can't get over WW2, as well as some french who refuse to face the stigma over the Vichy regime.
Same could be said about colonisation.
The most telling thing I'd say is that we don't want to change our view of national dynamics and seem to have them frozen in the 40s-60s. We just don't want to face the real face of our era and its reality.

I don't get how people can be guilty over colonialism. Sure it was bad for millions of people, but because of it global trade was established which has lifted billions of people out of extreme poverty.

I lol'd hard when I first read that

The question has been horribly mismanaged and now no one here wants to face it objectively. Everyone jumps on board when it comes to denouncing the nasty things like slavery, abuse of power over local populations, the whole lot ; but it just isn't healthy to completely ignore the fact that it's what turned France into a world-power for a solid century. The ability to create wealth out of retty much nothing thanks to colonial ressources, print money without facing inflation, the cheapest forms of labour are all directly responsible for the metropolitan land being able to go as far as it did when it comes to infrastructure, social action, you name it. And the fact the the positive aspects are brushed off as if the only argument was "hurr we wuz building hospitals n' shiet" doesn't help either.
And fucking hell, I'm tired of not being able to talk about my ancestry when everyone else does without being asked to apologize for Algeria of all places because half of my ancestors were heavily versed into colonial ventures.

>denouncing the nasty things like slavery

Speak for yourself frog

>I watched carefully how he did, so next time I can save myself such a bread
I always remember this quote when I'm focusing to learn something just by quietly watching someone.

>push quick on the gas