What if Byzantines beat the Ottomans

Sup Forums what if the Byzantine empire beat the Ottomans and managed to colonize the Americas? Would the US be Byzantines instead of former British colonists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_XI_Palaiologos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Byzantine Empire
>Colonize the Americas
>What is the Silk Road?
>What is Portugal and Spain?

No. Brits were too smart

They didn't beat ottomans because they were gayreeks.

Just a very warm and friendly reminder that whatever you retarded byzboos tend to assign to Byzantium (i.e muh saviors of Europe from the shitskins) is not only over-exaggerated for that weak excuse of an "empire", but was also done far more efficiently by Bulgaria.

>WE WUZ EMPIRE N SHIEEET

they couldn't have beat the ottomans, not after the evil crusade that left eastern rome in shambles. if they did win Anatolia or Greece might not be muslim and they might be pretty relevant if they survived up to today. they wouldn't have colonized America because they were way too far

>Sup Forums what if the Byzantine empire beat the Ottomans

ottomans weren't the biggest problem.

the problem was that Christians who were invited to help defeat muslims destroyed the Byzantine empire

the reason the americas were discovored is that the greeks lost to the turks and so the path to india and china was blocked by muslims

Bulgaria had no Empire. It's just a poo bag country.

WE WUZ CAESARS N SHIEEEET MUHFUGGA

>being this mad

>he doesnt know about St. Tribelius

Aw shit the Sup Forums image swap bug finally happened to me

Here's the pic I intended to post

If Justinian wasn't an autistic fuck spending all Imperial wealth trying to simultaneously reconquer Italy and fight the Persians(which only resulted in a destroyed Italy easy prey for the Lombards), maybe Islam wouldn't even have spread outside of Arabia in the first place.

>Byzantines still in power
>no blocking of spice trade
>no need to find other roads
>no age of discovery
>error 404 new world not found

>aztecs become super advanced and colonize europe

No, anglos engage in jew tier tactics. Not to mention they were choosen by the jew himself.
See the Naploleanic wars for a quick rundown

I will also add, they might have had colonies in Africa, but only if they stayed strong relevant. but I do not think they would have ever colonized the Americas.

The whole reason the Spanish went searching for the Americas was because the Ottomans and Portuguese were blocking them from the spice trade. There would be absolutely no reason for them to go colonize America. That's why there are no Turkish colonies

Nah they got themselves rekt before. But the new world would be maybe discovered by eternal anglo or denmark. Ugh.

Actually the problem was that during the last Byzantine civil war in the 1300s one of the Byzantine factions invited the Turks into Europe to help them out and then the Turks took over all the land surrounding Constantinople. From that point onwards the Byzantines had no power to reverse Turkish gains in Anatolia by harassing them with their fleet from the safety of Thrace- everything was lost

A more interesting alternate history would be what if the empire of Nicaea went on to reclaim Anatolia along with Trebizond instead of trying to reclaim Greece. Keep in mind that the Turks would've been weakened by the Mongols.

>fight with Roman Empire for decades
>in the end get fucked by turks
>saved by Russians
>betrayed Russians in two World wars
Bulgarians are retards.

>Europeans don't go to the Americas but continue to control Anatolia
>European technology continues to advance
>Europeans conquer and colonize the Middle East instead, wiping out muslims
>Americas are discovered later on by accident and are an afterthought to the Euro-Mideastern Christian imperium

kys retard

>Invite Muslims in
>Try be nice
>Things hit the fan
Sounds like the EU

>pretend to be stronk fascist in 1940
>pretend to be progressive liberal in 2016

>fight with Roman Empire for decades
false, they initiated it and broke peace treaties after many attempts of royal marriages and peace from our side, up to conversion to their religion over catholicism

>in the end get fucked by turks
thanks to b*zantium capitulating to them and giving them all that manpower

>saved by Russians
russians intervened to secure a puppet regime to a nation that was about to free itself from the Ottoman Empire anyway, as it was dissolving

>betrayed Russians in two World wars
Russia has no job messing in the balkans and guaranteeing s*rbia, and the Soviet Union is not Russia

>A FUCKING LEAF

interesting and plausible theory considering the ottomans blocked any expansion of the Europeans in that area

Well they gave us the cool amblem we have now so they are pretty ok in my book even tho they were just Gr**ks back then,but now they are just Greeks.

>false, they initiated it
Says a fucking horde.

The Byzantines were too weak to beat the Ottomans. In order for that to happen you'd have to change history going back several centuries prior.

If we're imagining this as an EU4 style scenario and Byzantium had some kind of miracle and survived and even perhaps retaken all of their land from the Ottomans? The US would be about as Byzantine today as it is Greek which is not much. The Byzantine Empire would've been more obsessed regaining Roman lands and maybe crushing the Persians and head for India.

>tfw Roman Republic will return in your lifetime
Feels good, man.

>Roman Republic will return in your lifetime
Yes. From Russia. The third Rome

What if elephants had 3 brains and laser guns?

Just play CK2 and convert game to EU4.

Why would they colonize the Americas? They already controlled the most important trade crossroads in the world.

This "Third Rome" supports Turkey.

IF they beat the Ottomans the Venetians would find another way to royally backstab fuck them in the ass.

>USA confirmed MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH
I'm okay with this.
>And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Pic related.

They would have zero need to expand. They would've controlled the same crossroads of the entire world that the europeans were trying to circumvent.

In fact, the americas likely wouldn't have been colonized for several more centuries.

Also Christianity would be the undisputed main world religion.

Actually sounds pretty great

Cyprus??

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_XI_Palaiologos
>According to Michael Critobulus (writing later in Mehmed's service) he remarked, "The city is fallen and I am still alive." Then he tore off his imperial ornaments so as to let nothing distinguish him from any other soldier and led his remaining soldiers into a last charge where he was killed.
>Following his death, he became a legendary figure in Greek folklore as the "Marble Emperor" who would awaken and recover the Empire and Constantinople from the Ottomans.
>tfw you will never participate in the last charge of the Romans

/thread

Great work being under ottoman rule for 300 years. You sure showed them!

>Byzantine
>Worth a shit
The HRE had a far better chance than those cucks ever did

I'm fine with this

To bad they were hardly ever able to do shit, and constantly got cucked by France and the Poles and even the Hungarians.

"if" my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

Ottomans=Byzantines LARPing as Asian pony riders.

not much would change really. the balkans would've been the same shithole until either the catholics or the orthodox won. Now you just have muslims added in the equation as well. And I suppose we would be a part of the generic eastern europe, and not "balkans".

What are you talking about, they're the reason France ever got to jack shit, Charlemagne and Charles Martel both are the reason the French and Poles grew a pair