>Highway speeds should not be limited

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/truth/
motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/position/
motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/model-law/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Add legalisation of necrophilia and the degeneracy will be complete.

18 year olds are retarded. Let them drink 3.2 like they used to til their 21.

Why should highway speed limits not be enforced? (structural / traffic pattern limits - not the bullshit "We want more traffic ticket revenue" speed limits)

>reasonable point with little to no risk
>completely unreasonable point with very high amount of risks

The real reason we have such low speed limits on all our highways is so the shitty roads will last longer.

>We want more traffic ticket revenue

Some towns get all of their money from this exclusively. I got one like this near me. They don't even have a courthouse.

They tried fining my cousin 15 times for the same traffic ticket.

This shit can get even worse with municipal bonds that deliberately ban you from paying the fine in full, causing a small bit of unpaid fines to build up into high debts from interest.

There's a LOOOOT of money in it.

>but thats already th...
>ohh.. nvm

>>Highway speeds should not be limited
Bad idea. When the interstates where designed, the grade and bank of the turns was engineered to be driven on a certain speeds. If you campare Germany's autoban to the US interstate system, the autoban has smoother grades and less banking in turns to make those higher speeds possible. If you were to drive those speeds on the US interstate system, you would need to brake for corners once you get up to 100-120mph depending on your vehicle.

I'd still make it so that you can't legally drink until you've graduated high school or gotten a GED.

...says every 18-20 year old, ever...No one else, just 18-20 year olds.

The arguments for higher speed limits/no speed limits is that cars are becoming faster and that statistically, less accidents happen at higher speeds of driving.
Honestly, in my opinion, 18 year olds today are smart enough to make big decisions like go to school or join the military or pick up a trade, they should be smart enough to handle alcohol.

if they are old enough to fuck they should be old enough to drink.

>18 year olds should be able to buy and consume alcohol
Agreed. They're legally adults.

Terrible idea.

>germoney is more free than america

I'm of the opinion that interstate speed limits should correlate to their identification number.

Fuck user, I'd be limited to 5 miles an hour then.

Libertarians should be shot on sight, discuss.

Half agree.

>checks flag
>Yep, checks out

Thanks, Reagan, you bitch. Glad you're dead

Sorry, California, continue getting fucked.

Close, a bit higher up.

(Not that it's any different, this place is full of fucking hipsters from San Francisco and LA.)

Im fine with that.

i drink alcohol since im 5 and never tie my seatbelt
What now

>accidents at high speeds
Is that raw numbers or proportionately speaking? And what is considered an accident? I can think of many cases that would only have more accidents if the speed limit were removed.

you want the US to become Germany?!

wtf

I agree, then we can let natural selection take it's course. That said, city speeds need regulated.

>drinking alcohol
>ever
Nevagunnamakeit

>less banking in turns to make those higher speeds possible
But doesn't banking make cornering at high speeds easier? That's what I seem to recall from what physics I studied, anyway.

I think it's proportionate, but I'm not sure, I remember reading this a while ago, really just the headline stuck to me. I could go look for it though.
I drank alcohol since I was 15 man, I don't really see a problem if you know how to limit yourself.
I thought a natural selection thing would sound a little edgy, so I'm not sure using that would best support either of these things.

>t. 16 year old

>I thought a natural selection thing would sound a little edgy, so I'm not sure using that would best support either of these things.
I wouldn't ONLY say that to support it. If you can fight for Israel, buy tobacco (more harmful), live on your own, be a legal adult. WHY can't you drink?

That and in Rural areas, I feel like you can't really enforce a speed limit efficiently anyway, so why even have one?

Rural speed limits are funny to me, I remember driving down a straight road where the speed was 35 but everyone was gunning at 60 and the cops didn't seem to care.

I don't agree with the speed limit. But it should be increased to 80mph.

Agree since it makes the rush of alcohol more important when they have to steal it, buy a fake ID or get someone else to buy it (breaking the law breaking the law).
I prefer enforced over it since cops main revenue is pulling over motorists and ticketing them.

Agreed.
Too many idiots on the road already, why would I want them going any faster than 90mph?
Build your own damn highway if you want them to not have speed limits.

sissy anime retard

That doesn't make sense, horizontal speed won't increase gravitational force, if anything it would make the roads last longer

Why not let 18 year olds buy alcohol but raise the driving age to 21? Problem solved and everyone is better off.

I think the idea here is that heavier vehicles will be hell on the roads. Also, a lot of truckers here like to drive with their chains on, even well into the spring time.

LITTLE

WITCH

ACADEMIA

I fully believe that there should be a separate license for traveling on roads/highways over 55mph, and it should not be easy to get.

Also alcohol is a shit-tier drug, the absolute lowest common denominator bullshit for pathetic losers to forget how pathetic they are.

>Popular opinions, I got 'em

BIG

Yes.
No, this is retarded.

Damn...
That sounds exactly like germany and shits running fine.

>I fully believe that there should be a separate license for traveling on roads/highways over 55mph, and it should not be easy to get.
Then the roads would all be converted to 55 miles or lower because the taxes cannot afford to pay for roads no one uses.
>Also alcohol is a shit-tier drug, the absolute lowest common denominator bullshit for pathetic losers to forget how pathetic they are.
And we are shit tier people gringo.

Alcohol is degenerate. The only reason it is legal today is that is was legal in the pass. Regardless legalize all chemicals. Education is liberation. Your intelligence must mirror you wealth of information. A society can only survive for as long as its citizens are self reflecting, introspective, deep thinking, individuals with a common moral understanding and acceptance of chaos.

WIZARD

Who are you quoting?

The age to consume alcohol should be lower than the age to vote, but i don't know if it should be 18.

>driving 260 km/h with your BMW on the autobahn at 2 AM with no other cars, full well knowing that literally one tiny wrong move will bring you a violent death
>dat adrenalin
Do you burgers know what that feels like?

>Age of adulthood should be lowered to 16
>Age of consent should be 12-14
>Age of alcohol consumption should have no limit, parental discretion.
>Taxation is theft

motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/truth/
motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/position/
motorists.org/issues/speed-limits/model-law/

>18 year olds in the U.S. can die for the name of establishing Greater Israel and/or watch their comrades suffer in agonizing pain but can't have a sip of beer.

>his state doesn't have 80 mile an hour interstate speeds
Wew

Stupid chaotic idea

Any given state east of the Mississippi doesn't have limits higher than 70.

In Europe we can buy and consume alcohol at 18

ye up in the UP in Michigan i pull similar shit but its illegal lol

you're right, he's a dumbass who can't into physics

>full well knowing that literally one tiny wrong move will bring you a violent death
you're exaggerating, 260km/h isn't that fast

>laughs in german

i SWEAR TO GOD IF ANY OF YOU FUCKS COME TO MY COMFY OREGON I WILL PAY YOU A CONCERN

If you crash at 260 km/h and live, that'd pretty much be a miracle.

A little too late there Frog friend.

yes, but your assertion that "one little tiny error" will cause an accident at 260km/h is tenuous

what, if I take my hands off the 3 and 10 positions on the steering wheel my car will become a flaming wreck?

one of the few reasons to stay in this godforsaken country is to be able to drive 300+ km/h legally with like 2 grand in your pocket for a fast used bike

Portland has been a lost cause since before I was born, I mean the littler towns

COCK?

People should be able to consume speed limits and alcohol should not be limited

Sure, but like one wrong steering motion or something. I dunno, all I'm trying to say is that it feels amazing because it's dangerous.

TO THE INTERDIMENSIONNAL BREEDING CAMP

a tire blowing out is a teeny tiny bit more dangerous at 260 km/h than at 100 km/h

The real question here is why do you faggots feel like you need your lives governed? You can't do it yourself because you're literally manchildren.

year olds should be able to buy and consume alcohol
I strongly disagree. I actually believe that the drinking age should be higher, unless you live on a military base.
>>Highway speeds should not be limited
There should be some limit, but I believe the current limits are arbitrarily set for muh traffic ticket revenue

This one is actually kind of interesting, why?

Because 18 year olds are not mature enough to handle intoxication. Neither are 21 year olds. I was 23 or 24 before I started actually behaving like an adult, and some of my friends are just now getting there (we're late 20s)

The speed limit thing is for a similar reason. Most people in this country are too stupid to handle a vehicle at current speed limits, much less as fast as their foreign shitbox will go.

At 260kmh you are more focused than at 110kmh

That's the law in my country. My daughter is 18 and legally, she's an adult. She celebrated her birthday by buying some posh cider - it's got rasperries in it and honey. Expensive as a piano, but she liked it. She gave me a bottle of it.

I warned of alcohol and trust her. She has a sharp mind on top of her shoulders, for a woman. Men and women have different minds.
She may well be an adult by law, but of course she saps my coin.That's OK; she's going away in September to university. It's not far away. I'll miss her, though. I've been a single dad since my wife passed away in 2012. She was in a car crash. We only had one child.
I'll always do my best for my daughter. Blood is thicker than water, if that makes any sense.

this sounds like the plot to one of my chinese cartoons. either way youre a good dad, good on you for being there for family

agree with the highway thing, but 18 year olds are fucking retarded

Freedom inside the country, strict borders outside.