Catalans to declare independence

The pro-independence Catalan government, known as the Generalitat, is currently locked in a battle with Madrid over its demands for an independence vote.

According to reports in Spain’s El Pais, the Generalitat’s bill indicates its intention to move towards independence even if the Spanish government forbids it from holding a referendum.

Catalan's ruling coalition promised a vote on the matter would be held no later than September this year.

Reports suggest there will be no minimum participation threshold, and the result would be binding, coming into force within 48 hours after adoption.

Spain’s constitution does not allow for secession, and relations between the two governments have soured greatly over the issue in recent years.

What do you say, Sup Forums. Should we help our hermanos in Catalonia?

I love hearing about this. Not because it interests me but because it's so much drama and never actually anything happens.

In 2014 they held a referendum where 80% of people said they wanted to leave Spain. Although Rajoy shut it down that's still kinda something

This guy is a fool and I'm a nationalist independentist
This is not how do you things, we don't have the kids, the money nor the weapons to defend ourselves.
This dude doesn't realize that half catalonia is andalucian and murcian and they won't never support this because they just aren't catalans.
You can't demand independentism with only 51%, you should have at least 75 and this where we should concentrate our efforts.
Making our state smaller, cuting spending, no more foreigners, increase fertility, small arms right, man rights, no more inheritance taxes etc
Fucking gaylords and women, when this party was mainly and hetero this shit didn't happen, fuck women and gays so much for entering in CIU
One of this fuckers even said that we wouldn't have an army, how the fuck would we keep our independence without an army?
Fucking progres

>In 2014 they held a referendum where 80% of people said they wanted to leave Spain
I wish lol
That's not true
That referendum wasn't real and the people that didn't wanted to leave didn't even vote.
I voted btw

Tell me more about these prime steaks

Who the hell cares? They will end up in the EU (Greater Germany) anyway

The EU won't last past 2025

>tfw hoped for a spanish civil war to volunteer in since i red Orwells "Homage to Catalonia" with 13
>tfw still not happend
So sad

You will see

well this is what some catalan predicted in the sixties

Sorry user, they're only in ney York

This is why you vote VOX to purge Spain of lefties

>divide up europe and white people more
good goy

What would benefit Catalonia becoming independent?pls enlight me

I just hope we get the hell out of this country, we'll eventually annex the balearic islands and way more prosperous than Spain, the country that managed to have 30% unemployment without ex-sovietism. A true shithole of retards.

Venice had a similar thing where most voted for independence. Most people only really pay attention to the Scottish independence movement though because there aren't any good films for the Catalan or Venetian like Braveheart.

I will kms of east spen gets seperatism

well again the problem lies with the fact that one of his members was a notorious anticatalan
but I see what you mean
Spain has to accept his real diversity instead of importing new diversity
Catalonia used to be right wing before the spanish right wing tried to deny us our language
Now we are in a mess

Oh, just like they did in 2016... and 2015... and...

The catalans who have lived under an oppressive Castilian rule, slowly destroying their homeland for hundreds of years

Also the free market could use this new country as a marketing tool (new businesses, products marketed specifically toward them, tourism, etc. )

Their accents sound weird - like they talk with a lisp

>he never watched Land and Freedom.

this book
I don't know if there's an english version
the guy predicted the fall of the soviet union and the eu in the 60's

not in at least 10-15 years
they'd need to go through the process
and they'll probably be banned until Spain agrees

Apparently they do this because of a Latin king who had a lisp and they didn't want him to feel left out. Idk if that's actually true but it's what people say.

I was in Mallorca during the last world cup. The catalans were in the streets partying because Spain got rekt so bad, there were a ton of fights in the streets over it

10/10 trip would recommend

I think that's really because the Catalan referendum and ventilant referendum allowed non citizens to vote. The Venetian also had Peruvians and North Koreans hack into their vote

what does Italy benefit from being indepent?

Yeah, wow Mallorca. you sure now about the hidden places of europe

Catalans have given problems to Spain for at least two centuries. Don't worry, Europe is with Spain, so they're not going to get independence because no civilized country will recognize it.

>Happening
Hope it's true but I doubt it.

Did I imply I did? Mallorca is catalan, that's why I specified. Go lose another war

I can't see the EU actually collapsing anytime soon. I just hope that they go full dictatorship declare war on someone forcing all member states to participate along with EU army so the Anglosphere can BTFO Europe into infinity along with all the mudslimes residing there.

Nothing. Balkanized italy was so much better off. United Italy is cuckded and garibaldi was a commie

That's why you impose your shitty language on everyone,dont you?

first time I hear this and I was born here
this is some bullshit some castillasn told you

The president of Cataluña and his rats, they are not nationalist they are statist, they don't give a shit about catalans, only care about the money.

What will happen if seperatism is true?
Nothing

Maybe they can take back manuel valls

Mallorca is tourist, nothing left of former beuty.

You say that now but let's see what actually happens in a few years

If Catalonia doesn't go on with the vote and declared independence anyway, Donald trump will reocnfnize it and maybe even arm the catalans

> Leave Spain
> No more Barca in La Liga

Makes sense considering I was a fucking tourist. I know France, not Spain

BASED AS FUCK

this will lead to more and more separatist movements

Hopefully in the USA and Canada

>That's why you impose your shitty language on everyone,dont you?
we don't, 95% of tv chanels and printed press is in spanish
meanwhole pp against making catalan a european language even though it has more speakers than most european ones
if you are talking about the shops then fuck you, this is our land and spain should do the same in the rest of the nation
it's a disgrace seeing names in chinese alphabet in the shops
if they don't like catalan they can go to murcia

I learned it in history in school. It was only mentioned briefly but I questioned the logic at the time so I've never forgot it. It seemed strange to me that such a large amount of people would conform to one man's lisp no matter the circumstances. IDK google it or something it's probably BS but it is a well known meme.

Same with putin get retarded people to vote for them while they put a castro and rob wll the money blame spain for blockade, catalonia hates spain and never sees the indepentism totalitarian party

Interesting explanation. I had no idea about the different dialects until somebody filled me in when I was over there. I was wondering why the eastern part of spain sounded kind of faggy.

They'll form their own league, along with the banques and Gallegos

It's happening user, the question is when

uk always talks shit about spain so it's no surprise
leyenda negra you know

>Complains about imposing language
>Obviously wants to impose his

That's the logic we are used to in Spain. We had and empire cause we arrived first, but we proved worthless, specially from Madrid to the south, a deserd of semi-sand nigger, it's a disgusting country that had to be destroyed 2 centuries ago.

good luck to you quebecois, I've been in Quebec, you deserve it

monaco plays in the french league
dutch league will probably merge with belgian one
andorra already palys in spain

top kek bro
catalonia is fucked without the EU gibs, in the form of ECB buying debt
go research where Spanish debt is coming from. protip: catalonia issuing shittons of it
this is yet another episode of "gibs or I leave"

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

>become a country
>nothing happens
Are you retarded?

Mallorca is basically a german colony

Keep dreaming wanker.

>If Catalonia doesn't go on with the vote and declared independence anyway.

Tell me what could happen if tomorrow Texas declare the independence, will Trump recognize this and even arm the texans?

The independist are just delusional.

>>Complains about imposing language
>>Obviously wants to impose his
implying baning one languages in shcools churchs, goberment tv and radio is the same as puting fines to NOT puting some words in catalan in shops

Yeah that's true. One of my fraternity brothers is a Baron in your country actually. I was there with him

>we don't, 95% of tv chanels and printed press is in spanish
give me a fucking break
you can even get fined if not labeling in catalonian
BTFO

I like the Spanish. It's French and German we mostly slag off over here. My cousins are Spanish. My auntie is white and my uncle is full Spanish so they are half white and half Spanish. They have money though so maybe my perception is warped but I don't see anything bad to say about spanish people. They were robbed one time on Christmas though by (((gypsies)))

"Country"
All that will happen is no more government from madrid no policies.

Yes,you do.You impose it in schools,forcing the children to study that shit in every subject

Didn't Franco kill off Catalan nationalism?
I recall him saying that Catalan nationalism was cancer.

>Tell me what could happen if tomorrow Texas declare the independence, will Trump recognize this and even arm the texans?
>The independist are just delusional.
it's not like spain lost all their colonies for this same mentality or something
why learn anything?

TSUUUUUUUU actually forced those fatfucks to leave spain, top kek.

>Obviously wants to impose his
You live in Spain moron

It is a dream. Why are you mad though?

So politicians in catalonia have no more fear of nationalists.

andorrans are not traitors

Cataluña es españa retardao. El idioma principal es el español.

Fantastic.

Time to genocide the uppity separatists and see who else is willing to be a hero.

Don't stop until Catalan nationalism is crushed into the soil, never to rear its ugly head ever again.

Good luck Spain.

>half white and half Spanish

What were you thinking when you wrote that?

for all the catalonian larpers: answer first if you'd give aranes official status as language, and would allow Val D'Aran to secede
if not, you're full of shit

by free market you mean jews right?

Cataluña is not a colony.

Stop reading españa invertebrada Ortega era muy culto pero un completo inepto en temas de politica

>Siding with Catalonia.
Yeah, defend those jews, my goy.

They are spaniards just indoctrinated by poiticians

Haha not sure if just trolling or just retarded like most of his fellas.
In Catalonia we suffered 50 years ago what Europe is suffering now, engineered inmigration, but we are fucking resisting unlike most nations out there, and we are not even officially one. Spaniards are just jealous that we love our own land, and that we defend it with passion and some fines, unlike them, with genocide, propaganda and engineered shitty mass inmigration. Spain will fall, cause it's a shithole that only survives by being a puppet of more powerful states, a litteral whore.

That they look white and not Spanish is what I meant. My uncle has darker skin than they do. He looks like a Mediterranean man with greasy hair. They look like white girls with brown hair.

Of course not dipshit. It's kinda like how yous guys armed us in 1776 against the British, but won't arm the catalans against yourselves

Franco loved Catalonia since everyone surrender and he just walked into Barcelona.

PAELLA CATALANA IMPARAPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>you can even get fined if not labeling in catalonian
we don't people from labeling in other languages as long as one is ours
schools paid by catalans shouldn't teach catalan ok
We also teach spanish, hald my classes were in spanish

>In Catalonia we suffered 50 years ago what Europe is suffering now
Shit happens when you lose a civil war

Huh, I need to read the rest of that book.
Good to know that Catatonia is a bunch of posers.

What the fuck fid they indoctrinate you with Manolo, you were part of spain state for 500 years.

HELP QUEBEC

>implying the fact that every person who lives in catalonia speak catalan and want it to be in schools
nice try goyim
nice try goyim

You literally fall for napoleonic latin american tier (((nationalism)))

>In Catalonia we suffered 50 years ago what Europe is suffering now, engineered inmigration, but we are fucking resisting unlike most nations out there, and we are not even officially one. Spaniards are just jealous that we love our own land, and that we defend it with passion and some fines, unlike them, with genocide, propaganda and engineered shitty mass inmigration. Spain will fall, cause it's a shithole that only survives by being a puppet of more powerful states, a litteral whore.
true, we are already a kind of minority and we still exist and impose our way

Is catalonia for or against eu?

>What the fuck fid they indoctrinate you with Manolo, you were part of spain state for 500 years.
not in the same condition fucktard
you mean the one that your bourbon kings supported?

That's 100% bullshit. In castilian spanish the "s" sound is pronuncied just like in english, while the "z" and sometimes "c" is pronuncied like your "th".
Saying spanish people lisp when talking is as stupid as saying you lisp in english when you say "Anthony think about things".

And in catalan this "th" sound doesn't exist at all.

>The Civil War was Spain vs Catalonia

>Catalonia
>Losing civil war.
But they actually let the nationals won.
In fact, Franco was so happy, he exported all the industry to catalonia and made it one of the richer parts of Spain.
Also, every independentist that is above 70 years was falangista in their youth.