Fasting for Obese

Should obese people be forced to water fast 5/2 (5 day fast, 2 day feast), 3/1, or longer under doctor supervision until they reach 15% (men) & 22% (women)?

>no loose skin
>reverses aging
>increases fertility
>cures type 2 diabetes
>lowers blood pressure
>fixes cholesterol, etc.

Groceries, restaurants, and individuals could be fined if they feed them during their fasting days. If implemented appropriately, 75% or more of nationwide disease and healtcare costs could be eliminated in a year.

The budget could be balanced, unfunded liabilities be paid off, etc.

>no loose skin
this is genetics

but yes, fat fucks should do anything it takes to become normal

No, it's called autophagy, which eats away at loose skin while fasting. That's why OP pic didn't have any even though he lost 1.7 lbs per day.

skin retracts easily when you're young and not a fucking hamplanet

the guy in the OP was probably already muscular and fat, he lost the fat and now he's just muscular

looks like he lost at least 10kg in 4 weeks, without going skinnyfat, might not be natty, gonna reverse search that pic, gimme a sec

uhuhuhuh...phagy

Currently on day 5 of my fast. Its really not that hard once all the glucose is out of your system and your body switches to fat its easy. I'm skinny fat 190 I'm fasting till I'm lean then I'm gonna start weigh training and get my muscle mass up

How do you fight the hunger? I can't ever get past day 2-3 of a water fast

I'm not gonna lie, I attempted to do this but the farthest I made it in was around 18-20h without food

Maybe in Europe
But this is America
We enjoy the freedom to be fatasses

Can i switch water to beer instead?

while true you may still experience loose skin

>muscular
are we looking at the same guy

that's a 6000 calorie a day deficit ?

DRINK WATER to keep your belly full. Understand you feel hungry because your blood sugar is dropping its not real hunger. Don't look at food or hang around areas with food.

I went 18 hrs/day without food for about 7 weeks. I lost the 15lbs I wanted to lose. You get used to eating less.
The only drawback was the occasional abdominal pains from the toxin buildup

Let's see you, fatso.

What skeletons like me should do?
Also forcing people doesn't work
Just take out their enablers

I'm skinnyfat, should I just fast or actually begin working out?

>28 days

Bullshit

It won't matter if they go back to the same lifestyle. Just look at all the weight loss TV show contestants who relapsed. Fasting to lose weight is no different than any other gimmick weight loss cure: tell them to just eat better instead.

Eat more and train your muscles. Start with bodyweight push ups and pull ups with bodyweight squats then when your string enough throw in weight training

>Should obese people be forced to water fast

No they should be shot

Same guy tried this thread yesterday. Sage it and move on.

Fast that's what I'm doing I'm on day 5

Is there anything you neet faggots are capable of doing without needing the government to force you?

This is literally the most common question on /fit/.

The answer is if you even have to ask you'll never make it.

Supposed to just drink a lot of water, aye.

>7 weeks
yikes, I dont know if I could make it that long

Do you really not feel hungry anymore?

i only eat one meal a day
t. neet

work out, look at starting strenght or stronglifts. you'll benefit more on adding muscle to your frame than fasting it away and become a white somali.

Bullshit.
To the one asking the question, I hope you find your answer.

Do both. Do 5/2 or 3/1, and light workout while doing it. You'll drop about a lb a day.

its a barley noticeable hunger its there but its not like FEED ME MOTHERFUCKER. The hardest day for me was the first day. when I get a hunger pang I drink water to fill my belly I drink water when I'm thirsty or hungry you don't have to drink X amount of water its up to you

How do you faggots fall sleep with an empty stomach? I can't sleep if I have hunger pain. Also, how many liters per day?

>fat people passing out in the street
Would be fun but there'd be lawsuits.

pic related: Day 56

IT REALLY WORKS!

Are you naturally aesthetic? If yes, you can get away with just having low body fat and being a pretty boy. Otherwise, get used to lifting.

pls respond

a dude who does couple of push-ups and chin-ups a week isn't muscular, I fail to see how what I look like is relevant

Maybe 4-5L a day, you really are not even hungry its a illusion a jewish trick.

You have craving or thing "i really would like a footlong hotdog right now" but you are not hungry

Try doing it everyday, In less than a week you'll get used to it. I began with 16h and now I can go 2 days without food if I'm in the mood. Some days I just forget about it for social reasons. Lost almost 20kg already.

You sleep less, but sleep deeper. Drink about 1-2 liters a day. Just keep ur urine light yellow to clear. If you drink too much water, you'll vomit it up.

fasting does not cause you to lose fat it causes your body to go into panic survival mode and reduce muscle and save fat.

Instead ask yourself who are the fattest americans. They are blacks and hispanics. Why are they so fat? Because they get free gibs me dats from welfare allowing them to spend hundreds on junk food and other crap. They then get sick from eating crap and need to go to the hospital because they dont regularly attend doctors and are illegal. They cant afford payment so the prices get dumped on the regular working middle class.

THIS ENTIRE CRISIS CAN EASILY BE SOLVED BY GETTING RID OF BROWN PEOPLE. or if you dont want to go extream limit ebt to only buying staples exclude frozen foods, soda, candy, and other junk stuff make it function like wic.

You have to do both. Weight loss comes from fasting, muscle tone comes from exercise. It's much easier to cut a few thousand calories out of your diet than it is to burn off a few thousand calories.

You need vitamins and and a bit of substance for this to not be dangerous.

1-2 is pretty dangerous. Drink about 3-5, you should be pissing every 1-2h or you are drinking too little. Would also advice you to drink salt so that your body can retain some water

What do you think?

People just need to intermittent fast for 16 hours every day

You eat less and you have less meals to worry about cooking so you can make them better

I just eat lunch and dinner every day. Very occasionally have a snack mid-afternoon.

>your body will ignore its fat energy reserves to cannibalize muscle instead

are you literally retarded?

read up here and educate yourself.

Common myth.

Ask yourself the following
>why would the body be storing fat as a energy recourse when its needed if it would use it last?

The body does not store muscle, it stores fat.

It's not about liters. It's about hydration. Take Himalayan salt, magnesium, and keep ur urine a light color. Just replenish enough water to do so. Some people it only takes 1 liter, others 2, others more. Depends on if you workout as well.

If you drink too much you will vomit it up.

Maybe i want to larp as 16th century germ monk

Maybe you should stop getting so E-Stoned-nia.

I say go for it, follow your dreams

>fasting does not cause you to lose fat it causes your body to go into panic survival mode and reduce muscle and save fat.
You enter "survival mode" after most of your fat goes away, you retard. That could take weeks or even months.

Poor people are fat because they eat concentraded sugar in everything and food with poor fat and lack of fiber.

Supposedly eating nothing speeds up your metabolism after a few days.

I drink according to thirst and hunger I don't thing drowning your body with water when you have no electrolytes in your system is a good idea

someone give me the quick rundown on this

pls stop, i just watched our PM in hungary going ''muh E- stonia'' and i wanted to HEDP 502D myself

Stop eating
Drink more
Maybe pop some multivitamins if you feel ill

Hey presto you lose a lot of weight really quickly

both wrong. your body naturally burns around 2200 calories a day (if you're a fit 195~ lbs male). if you stop eating, your body will exhaust its glucose reserves in about a day and start eating around 2200 calories worth of fat (some of your protein secreted from intestinal lining will be eaten too, around 75 grams the first day you enter ketosis, then it tapers off to like 20grams a day).

when i fast, I address this concern with what I call an autism jug. I get a gallon jug of water and fill it with about a days worth of lite salt + I take a magnesium supplement. this is essentially a gatorade without the calories and sugar. i'm 3.5 days into a fast and feel good.

Work on your diet. I used to keep myself same diet, but workout. Ended up turning into Alex Jones withbig muscles protected by fat

>6'2
>260
>23%

Just fine with how I am. I work like a dog all day I hike every weekend. I have zero health problems, and I'll be cold in my grave before I let some aesthetics loving faggot tell me how to live my life.

The problem isn't fats, it all the other people who allow them to be fat. You want to fix the obesity problem, take away the subsidized food and health care. Let them pay for their own existence.

They will either die or get into shape, either way the rest of us win.

As somebody who used to spend a bunch of time on /fit/ and for whom the sticky worked, I think what's in order here is a sequence of self pics to show what sort of progress one might expect.

Some of the things proposed here are somewhat unorthodox, but it's not at all inconceivable that a one-time stretch of fasting like this could do a lot jump-starting the process of not being skinnyfat.

>autism jug
kek, I like the name

They will get a lot of stretch marks

>rest of us
>implying you aren't fat

what the hell what about loose skin from the rapid weightloss and muscle loss?

dude you are morbidly obese lose some weight before you die of coronary artery disease
i'm not saying the sticky won't work, but i am saying this will work better.
thanks dude

how? lol

I'm not saying this couldn't work. I'm just saying one would ordinarily want ideally multiple examples of people trying it and documenting the progression so see what we're really looking at here.

>5 day water fast
>nobody pointing out that will kill you

You're all fucking morons.

thanks for the comment, lardass

you realize that it's a fast with water right? do you really think you'll drop dead after 5 days of drinking water? well, you're partially right, if you're

>below 8% body fat at the start of the fast
>elderly
>really young
>have a muscle wasting disease

but you're not any of those, fatty. start fasting and ascend.

it wouldn't kill you but you would just gain all the weight back right away once the fast ends

systems vs goals

honestly if you fast you're retarded. the weight is going to come back when you start eating like a normal person again and then you'll be back to professor chub mode in no time

drink water

eat a can of tuna or one chicken breast and some veggies everyday

lose weight

>I have zero health problems
above around ~15% bf your fat becomes a health hazard, visceral or not. It might not kill you but the possibility is there, let's not pretend otherwise. Probably not big enough risk to be worth changing anything over if you enjoy life as it is

Where does this meme come from. You're not going to immediately regain like a dozen pounds of fat from going back to eating 2000ish calories a day. It's physically impossible.

Right, well that's the thing. Going hungry for like a week has approximately no danger. Holding out for, I don't know, maybe about a month shouldn't do any harm if you're being sensible about water-soluable vitamins and minerals.

But beyond that, even if you were to make it that far, you'd have to wonder about consulting a health professional, how to address what to do about moments of weakness, and then what to transition into next to not just undo your jump start.

>studies show that most fat fucks regain their weight after memediets because they go straight back to their old shitty eating habits instead of eating at maintenance
>other fat fucks conclude that it's meaningless to try to lose fat since literally no matter what happens they're destined to gain it all back
reading what calories are is hard so people don't do it very often

How the fuck do you fast for more than 2 days without getting diarrhea?

Only if you're a dumb fuck. The one thing I learned from 7 weeks of intermittent fasting is that I have always been an over eater.
Now that I am done I just started eating a small meal at breakfast/lunch.
Once you realize how little food your body needs you will never want to eat like you used to.
I spend much less time cooking meals , much much less time on the shitter, my grocery bill has been cut in half and I feel much better with more energy

Stop believing the calories meme.

You can lose weight in the relatively short term by fasting as OP's pic suggests, but restrictions must be relative to baseline calories.

5 days of fasting will not really lead to weight loss in many people. In fact, as the "majority" of time is spent in a restricted state, it would probably lead to weight gain in a large proportion.

Again, calories are a meme. Theres way more in macronutrient ratios and the gut biome.

Would I loose my ass fat by doing this? I got a nice butt but I don't want to give that up

It's not physically impossible

Your body is not a closed system. As you fast, your metabolic rate slows down. I know a fat woman that has been starving herself for 8 months, I think she has anorexia at this point.

She doesn't lose anything, eating under 800 calories a day.

There's no good reason why you should have loose stools as a result unless there's something wrong with you. It would just be relatively small poops that contain mostly shed intestinal lining and other such things the body needs to get rid of.

I would think about adding some kind of celulose bulk like cabbage or something maybe just to keep things moving a bit, but I don't know if that would mess up the magic in what sounds like the latest fad technique.

fat distribution is entirely genetic, and there's no such thing as spot-reduction

also kys faggot

>>no loose skin
>>reverses aging
>>increases fertility
>>cures type 2 diabetes
>>lowers blood pressure
>>fixes cholesterol, etc.
The sad thing is I bet some of you dumb fucks actually believe this.

Ain't nothing wrong with having a nice butt. Better than having a Hank Hill ass

You're talking about the ketogenic diet.

Or at the least by the sound of it you'd want to have people transition into a keto diet after some length of outright fasting.

ITS FUCKING LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE LOSE

>6'3"
>260
do you drink alcohol? i was a heavy alcoholic and skinnyfat (because i was too drunk to eat), then ballooned to 260 because i started eating.

stopped drinking cold turkey, didn't change my diet, and i automatically lost 40 lbs within months. if i worked out and better food, i'd be easily in the 100s.

if you can pull the bear look off, power to you—but most likely, you just look fat

>Myths: Destroys metabolism, muscle loss.
>UH I WON'T TELL YOU WHY FASTING ISN'T BAD FOR YOU, DO IT YOURSELF FAG

fastfags are pathetic

if you really give into the fasting meme for a while and are not a fucking retard, you can easily keep it off by not overeating. almost all fat people become that way from two things: overeating and sugar.

plus, for any fat person who lost weight, the desire to remain skinny is a powerful check

Good goy always remember to get your 5 meals in the day wouldn't want to go into "starvation mode"

I can't put 1,000 sources in a fucking infographic, and I don't write down every fucking thing I read/hear. But I do put it into practice, and wrote down an informal guide. Just try, you won't die.

6'2"
23%
Yeah unless you're a monster powerlifter, your fatass is definitely above 40%.